Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,003 members, 7,828,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

FG Should Release Nnamdi Kanu, Other Biafra Activists — Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Release Nnamdi Kanu, Other Biafra Activists — Peter Obi (364 Views)

"Release Nnamdi Kanu's Corpse If You Have Killed Him"- Kanu's Brother Tells Army / Release Nnamdi Kanu - Nigerian Artists Tell FG / See How Igbo People Blasted Rochas Today As He Begs Buhari 2 Release Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Should Release Nnamdi Kanu, Other Biafra Activists — Peter Obi by GreatNegro(m): 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
ENUGU—Immediate past Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has called for the release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and other detained Biafra activists. Obi, while fielding questions from newsmen in Enugu, yesterday, emphasised that the use of force was not the solution to the Biafra agitation as such agitations are best resolved through dialogue. He said: “I wish to appeal to the Federal Government to change its hardline posture on this issue and yield to the persistent clamour for the release of Nnamdi Kanu and other Biafran activists to douse the tension in the country, especially in the South-East and South-South geo- political zones. “The Federal Government should engage them in dialogue. Every agitation in the world is resolved through dialogue and not by means of force.” The former governor recalled that he was among the first to advocate a political solution to the renewed Biafra agitation and expressed disappointment that the advice was yet to be heeded. “This has been my consistent position, and I remember making the same point when I spoke at an event organised in Enugu in February 2016 by the Igbo Youth Movement,” he said. He noted that while the Federal Government may have reservations about the Biafra agitation, it should realise and acknowledge that the agitators, like other citizens, have their fundamental rights of freedom of expression and assembly guaranteed by the Nigerian Constitution.
www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/release-nnamdi-kanu-biafra-activists-peter-obi/
Re: FG Should Release Nnamdi Kanu, Other Biafra Activists — Peter Obi by anitapreeti(f): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
Really?
Re: FG Should Release Nnamdi Kanu, Other Biafra Activists — Peter Obi by PenisCaP: 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: FG Should Release Nnamdi Kanu, Other Biafra Activists — Peter Obi by EasternActivist: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
I concur cheesy

More reasonable people are speaking up...

From Ekweremandu, to OUK, to soludo, to Rochas, to Peter Obi, to ______ ?

Oya, Hateful afonjas how far? grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Name Mising From Abu Alumni Website / Government To Improve Ease Of Doing Business, Reduce Boarder Checks / Ipob And APGA Should Close Ranks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.