Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship (1886 Views)

If She Tells You She Had An Abortion / #1 Female Attraction Secret (no One Ever Tells You) / When A Girl Loves You She Will Do This Things No Matter How She Pretend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
1. Judgment

When we continually judge someone, what we’re really saying is their personality is the problem. We see flaws in them as people as opposed to what they are doing. Get to know your partner inside out and you’ll stop the judgment. Spend time with your partner; the better you get to know him, the deeper your relationship. It’s rare to be like this, I know, but it works.

2. Being defensive

Are you always on the defensive, always on the attack if you are criticized? Do you continually moan and whine? Do you just refuse to listen?
This is one of the biggest disasters for any relationship. Even if your partner continually criticizes you, you can learn to accept the criticism, take responsibility for it, and even ask them to talk to you about it. This diffuses the whole situation and you can learn from it. Perhaps there are changes you could make in your life.
Try being positive to your partner in even the smallest of situations and the criticism won’t seem as bad, this really helps to build a relationship. Engage in conversation and notice the humor in situations.This is very powerful in relationship building.

3. Being condescending

This is the biggest issue of all. This is when you try to one up your partner, always putting them down, and making yourself look better. The real reason as to why you do this is because of your insecurities and not his.
Take a step back and start looking at yourself. Build your own self-esteem up and boost your self-worth. You’ll stop feeling inferior and putting him down.
Start acting like your partner is a hero. Start admiring him and start looking at his great qualities. You’ll be the winner here as this is key in any healthy long-term relationship.

4. Rebuffing your partner

You block him out, don’t speak to him, sulk, and shut him out of your life. This tells him is that you don’t care about him, and that’s not really what you mean.
Learn to talk to him and ask questions. Putting up blocks and expecting him to guess causes a larger divide between you. Write it down if it’s not clear but stop stonewalling him.

5. Focusing on the negative

Are you continually looking for the negative in your relationship, focusing on everything that’s going wrong, that you don’t like, that could be better, what others have and you don’t? This leads to real resentment.
Instead, learn about gratitude. Focus on the positive in your relationship and build on what you have. The negatives will start to seem insignificant.
Talk about your future in a positive way, what your dreams are, and what you would like to achieve together, not what you can’t have or can’t do.

Communication and having conversations are the key part in healthy relationship — focusing on how you start these conversations can change the whole relationship energy.

Relationships are a rollercoaster ride. They are all unique with their own formulas.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/5-things-no-one-ever-told-me-would-destroy-my-marriage_us

1 Share

Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by bentlywills(m): 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by SNOWCREAM(m): 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
OK sha, no matter whatever you do or whatever platinum-selling book you buy, you can never satisfy a woman embarassed shocked
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by DozieInc(m): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Nickymezor(f): 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
Allright
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
most of you made similar comments, like you all had a meeting to decide on what to comment. grin
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by ayesco202(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Amarabae(f): 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
No 2 is a little bit my weakpoint in my marriage, but I am getting over it.

1 Like

Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by pbethel: 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nice Op.
Guard ur home .... B prayerful and God help us
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Incrizz(f): 12:11am On Mar 26, 2017
Hmm. Deep.
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Women unconciously expect men to be mindreaders.
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
No 2 is a little bit my weakpoint in my marriage, but I am getting over it.
A problem known is one half solved. Wishing you a blissful marriage.
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by freddaboh(m): 12:33am On Aug 19, 2017
thornapple:
1. Judgment

When we continually judge someone, what we’re really saying is their personality is the problem. We see flaws in them as people as opposed to what they are doing. Get to know your partner inside out and you’ll stop the judgment. Spend time with your partner; the better you get to know him, the deeper your relationship. It’s rare to be like this, I know, but it works.

2. Being defensive

Are you always on the defensive, always on the attack if you are criticized? Do you continually moan and whine? Do you just refuse to listen?
This is one of the biggest disasters for any relationship. Even if your partner continually criticizes you, you can learn to accept the criticism, take responsibility for it, and even ask them to talk to you about it. This diffuses the whole situation and you can learn from it. Perhaps there are changes you could make in your life.
Try being positive to your partner in even the smallest of situations and the criticism won’t seem as bad, this really helps to build a relationship. Engage in conversation and notice the humor in situations.This is very powerful in relationship building.

3. Being condescending

This is the biggest issue of all. This is when you try to one up your partner, always putting them down, and making yourself look better. The real reason as to why you do this is because of your insecurities and not his.
Take a step back and start looking at yourself. Build your own self-esteem up and boost your self-worth. You’ll stop feeling inferior and putting him down.
Start acting like your partner is a hero. Start admiring him and start looking at his great qualities. You’ll be the winner here as this is key in any healthy long-term relationship.

4. Rebuffing your partner

You block him out, don’t speak to him, sulk, and shut him out of your life. This tells him is that you don’t care about him, and that’s not really what you mean.
Learn to talk to him and ask questions. Putting up blocks and expecting him to guess causes a larger divide between you. Write it down if it’s not clear but stop stonewalling him.

5. Focusing on the negative

Are you continually looking for the negative in your relationship, focusing on everything that’s going wrong, that you don’t like, that could be better, what others have and you don’t? This leads to real resentment.
Instead, learn about gratitude. Focus on the positive in your relationship and build on what you have. The negatives will start to seem insignificant.
Talk about your future in a positive way, what your dreams are, and what you would like to achieve together, not what you can’t have or can’t do.

Communication and having conversations are the key part in healthy relationship — focusing on how you start these conversations can change the whole relationship energy.

Relationships are a rollercoaster ride. They are all unique with their own formulas.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/5-things-no-one-ever-told-me-would-destroy-my-marriage_us

Quite educative..........
Re: Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
freddaboh:

Quite educative..........
Thanks dear.

(1) (Reply)

REPORT: Ahmed Indimi, Husband To Zahra Buhari In A Relationship Outside Marriage / ******relationship survey****** / Lady Who Refuses To Suck Dick Is Now A “vacuum Cleaner”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.