Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment (38866 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Shades Dino Melaye Over Kogi Election / Zahra Buhari Shades Dino Melaye Over Festus Keyamo Argument On Channels TV / Policeman Trying To Fire Teargas At Melaye, Saraki, Ben Bruce During Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by yns4real: 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
The publisher of the online news portal, Sahara Reporters (SR) Omoyele Sowore has reacted to the jail comment made on twitter by the embattled Nigerian senator, Senator Dino Melaye.

Mr Melaye had earlier boasted of jailing Mr Sowore for allegedly libeling him with 1st Degree certificate scandal.

It would be recalled that Mr Sowore had in the past few days been digging deep into Mr Melaye's education background through the SR platform.

The former had alleged that the latter did not graduate from Ahmadu Bello University, a prestigious university based in Kaduna, Nigeria.

Read Sowore's Facebook Statement below:

Folks: It was brought to my attention earlier that Nigerian Senator Dino Melaye promised to 'send me to jail' over the recent unraveling of his questionable educational background. While some are worried, appalled, alarmed and concerned and even scared about this declaration, it had me thinking differently.

I am a Nigerian citizen who had been through torture, humiliations, and incarceration by dictators in uniform between 1992-1999 before I eventually left Nigeria. I have never doubted the power of justice over legalities.

That a Nigerian Senator in a democratic era could make this proclamation is indeed a sign that our democratic transition was a farce, particular when you've now noticed that Mr. Melaye was sitting at the feet of one of Nigeria's worst military dictators, Ibrahim Babangidajust a week ago.

One of Babangida's worst crimes against humanity was the assassination of notable investigative journalists of our time, Dele Giwa, by way of a parcel bomb.

Another thing Melaye shares in common with Babangida and his killer squad was using libel lawsuits to silence inquisitions In the 80's Gani Fawehimi was found liable of libeling the killers of Dele Giwa and asked to pay damages to Halilu Akilu.

Here is how I am different and also not different, I am not going to run away from criminals running the Nigerian political space until they are defeated, and their ideologies of greed, bloodiness, and avarice are entirely abandoned and discredited forever (Apology to Bob Marley).

If it takes my life, so be it. If it means another unjust ruling asking for damages for thieves. So be it. We must take our space back from the 10 percenters, drug dealers, certificate forgers, money launderers, political manipulators, and assassins.

Thank [s] you

https://mobile.facebook.com/OSowore/posts/10156556552197837?_rdrp

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by femcent2: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
grin grin grin I reserved my comment till next month

2 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by dunkem21(m): 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
undecided

You didn't pen all these crap when you were busy frolicking with him in the build up of 2015 elections. sad

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by DocHMD: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
You are sounding like Maj. Nzeogwu the difference is that you are a coward because you can't go back to nigeria and face these men squarely.

Come back and start your 'revolution' against 10 percenters and crooks. yoruba and hot air. tongue

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by nwaanambra1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
sowore ochi agha uwa nile!

dike na dimkpa!

egwu ara atu afo obulu uzo! eh!

nwoke di be gi!

na wa ogbo na anyi kwugi na azu!

onwero ife ge me gi!

i ga di ndu ma tor ani!

.................................... translate

Sowore the world general!

hero and warrior!

the stomach is not afraid thats why it stays in the front! eh!

with you there is a man at home!

keep overcoming the front - we are solidly behind you!

nothing do you!

you will live to see the fruit of your labour! you will live to see your great grand children! cool cool

262 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Jlow2: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
i concur but you should have reserved the "worst" word when you made mention of ibb, he is no saint though, but i luv his level of maturity unlike sum passed nigerian leaders,if touts, 10%enters,certificate forgers can still find der way to the hallowed red chamber, then we have more to do as ordinary citizens of nigeria

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by nwaanambra1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
dunkem21:
undecided

You didn't pen all these crap when you were busy frolicking with him in the build up of 2015 elections. sad

don't say what you don't know! Sowore never frolic with any ass-hole! he stand for the good of the nation!

DocHMD:
You are sounding like Maj. Nzeogwu the difference is that you are a coward because you can't go back to nigeria and face these men squarely.

Come back and start your 'revolution' against 10 percenters and crooks. yoruba and hot air. tongue

your comment shows you dont even know anything about him. i would av educate you on the HERO called Sowore - but it will be a waste of time - but know this fact sha, sowore is in Nigeria and has been fighting injustice both on the street and on the social media.

He is one person that doesn't run away from a ragging fire - he will face you squarely with facts.

if not for people like him - our politicians would av used your future to wipe their anus!

RESPECT A REAL MAN WHEN YOU ARE OPPORTUNE TO SEE ONE! angry

373 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by hardywaltz(m): 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dino show us your certificate...
Simple...

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by SuperS1Panther: 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
Will Dino assassinate Sowore like he was alleged to have assassinated the Austin guy that was meant to testify against him in court too?

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by DocHMD: 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
nwaanambra1:

your comment shows you dont even know anything about him. i would av educate you on the HERO called Sowore - but it will be a waste of time - but know this fact sha, sowore is in Nigeria and has been fighting injustice both on the street and on the social media.

He is one person that doesn't run away from a ragging fire - he will face you squarely with facts.

if not for people like him - our politicians would av used your future to wipe their anus!

Let him come back and set up Sahara HQ in Lagos or Abuja if he is not a coward.

16 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by modelsms10: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
Emty thereats jor
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Ojiofor: 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
This loud mouth don dey cry already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by nwaanambra1(m): 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
DocHMD:

you that knows who is a coward and who is not, kindly start by setting up your own media out fit and try criticize just one ward chairman in Nigerian and lets see how long you are going to last - not to talk of big time politicians like saraki, dino, and them governors and senators that sowore has showed us all the skeletons in their cupboards and still walks free on the streets of Nigeria!

Sowore of Sahara Reporters is a General in the Masses Army if you like accept it if you like don't - it changes nothing! cool

264 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by madridguy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
Long life Sahara reporter.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by muyibaba222(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
God bless Omoyele Swore. I love you for the fact that you always fight against politicians irrespective of their party. It's a pity that those who support politicians are the ones that are quick to condemn the Nation for bad leadership. Continue your good work. Many young journalists are looking up to being like you.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Ikigia: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mr Sowore, God is with you........

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by GameGod(m): 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dino, show us your certificate, very simple. Haba!

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Elnino4ladies: 2:58am On Mar 26, 2017
I love sowore doggedness

35 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by blaqoracle: 3:34am On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

the way ojukwu fled after sacrificing one million of his kinsmen.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by loopman: 3:43am On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

Typical ipob
Very easy for a coward to hide behind a phone to anonymously write gibberish like you.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by sammyj: 4:04am On Mar 26, 2017
Chai Dino is finished. Hope he will be able to recover after reading this response.

5 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by mekonglobal(m): 4:09am On Mar 26, 2017
If Dino Didnt Posses Any Certificate, It Too Bad For Him. But Why Is Dis Happening Now? Is It About Magu? Cos If My Memory Serves Me Right This Guy Started From House Of Reps And Now He Is In D Senate Then Comes The Certificate Issue.
Someone Should Pls Correct Me If Am Wrong, I Think Inec Still Has A Very Long Way To Go If This Facts Turns Out To Be True.

9 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Justuceleague2: 4:51am On Mar 26, 2017
With all of this going on, next two years will be exciting
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by diasporaman(m): 5:30am On Mar 26, 2017
This is my job

6 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Jabioro: 5:54am On Mar 26, 2017
Many choose to called him coward yet I choose to call him front liner.Those who remembered well the power of media house. The Tell news magazine.. who went far into the depth ocean to bring into our hearing what is going on within government circle then.1992-1998. Sowore has gone into past corner of Melaye, that he has what I would call mutilated academic certificate ..Dino and ABU should prove him wrong...

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by lurther: 6:10am On Mar 26, 2017
When Buhari and Tinubu paid IBB a visit before 2015 elections. ....IBB was a saint then. Now Dino Melaye pays IBB a visit and you remind us of how IBB is the worste thing that ever happened to Nigeria.

Sowore always playing politics of convenience.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by JusticeSeeker: 6:30am On Mar 26, 2017
dunkem21:
undecided

This is why you'll know that SR is truly a voice of the voiceless not been a respecter of persons. Dino Melaye has to be silenced and removed from the Senate. He's one of the senators against the anti-corruption campaign of the present administration.
Dino spearheaded the emergence of his crime partner - @Saraki as the sp. he's the number or senator that doesn't want Magu to be confirmed as efcc chair. Dino again was the one who moved the motion calling for the resignation of the comptroller general of customs simply because the man has insisted that Saraki the economic saboteur must pay the correct excise duty on the luxury vehicle he bought. Haba Dino.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by TimeManager(m): 6:42am On Mar 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

don't say what you don't know! Sowore never frolic with any ass-hole! he stand for the good of the nation!

cheesy Kiss the crown cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by TimeManager(m): 6:54am On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

This Dude is a Kid.

Truth is talking!

13 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by dunkem21(m): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2017
JusticeSeeker:
This is why you'll know that SR is truly a voice of the voiceless not been a respecter of persons. Dino Melaye has to be silenced and removed from the Senate. He's one of the senators against the anti-corruption campaign of the present administration.
Dino spearheaded the emergence of his crime partner - @Saraki as the sp. he's the number or senator that doesn't want Magu to be confirmed as efcc chair. Dino again was the one who moved the motion calling for the resignation of the comptroller general of customs simply because the man has insisted that Saraki the economic saboteur must pay the correct excise duty on the luxury vehicle he bought. Haba Dino.

On the other hand, Dino is the voice of the voiceless in the Senate. Dino exposed the fraudulent grass cutting dealings of the SGF. Dino rightly moved the motion for the resignation of the comptroller General because the man slighted the Senate and refused to wear his uniform. Dino ensured the EFCC boss didn't scale thru with that damning skeleton in his cupboard. The only action I frowned at is the shouting match with Senator Oluremi which they share the blame 50/50.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

you that knows who is a coward and who is not, kindly start by setting up your own media out fit and try criticize just one ward chairman in Nigerian and lets see how long you are going to last - not to talk of big time politicians like saraki, dino, and them governors and senators that sowore has showed us all the skeletons in their cupboards and still walks free on the streets of Nigeria!

Sowore of Sahara Reporters is a General in the Masses Army if you like accept it if you like don't - it changes nothing! cool
Bros, why are u educating dem fools? They are just Kids and small teenagers that know nothing about past stubborn masses defenders. Just open a thread on people like gani faweyinmi and other heroes you will see how they will still abuse them without knowing what thy have done to keep dictatorship at their toes. If those guys (SR) are in nigeria, they would hv been assasinated long time ago. If Nigeria has just 10 active comrades like them, just 10? . Nigeria would hv been better far. Someone that was in nigeria for months recently, and he just left. Who touched him? no body. Even when he was arrested by lagos CP, they were quick to release thim. Why? No one that is in nigeria as an elite or politician has a clean record. They work as a cultist and many of them has a lot of skeleton in their cupboard. They know the guy can easily expose them with facts.
One idiot up there saying why didnt he come to nigeria?

They no nothing about him, than to shout up and down. Very useless sets of kids. No thanks to cheap data and free school wifi.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by dunkem21(m): 7:04am On Mar 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

Do you want to see a picture of Dino hanging out with Sowore?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians / The Moment President Buhari Returned From London After A 10-Day Private Visit / Despite Form Denial, Jonathan Meets Adamu, Prepares To Run On APC Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.