Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church (29536 Views)

Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms? / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Bollinger(m): 9:14am On Mar 26, 2017
nzeobi:
Trouser is in no way a male cloth, we have male trouser and then female trouser. sad
Any man saying trouser is for male should put on jeggings let's see

Decency in dressing is what people should focus on

You are funny. What is "male cloth"? Show me a verse in the bible which depicts what type of clothing a woman wears. You do realize that back in the day, men and women used to wear robes which basically are gowns. right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by CrEaToRmalden(m): 9:14am On Mar 26, 2017
Ashleydolls:
I don't think it is a sin cause the people that brought Christianity religion to Nigeria dress and feel comfortable in trousers. Calling it a sin is due to the over sabi nature of our people...

Guilty pig, defending yourself for what you know is wrong.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Lexusgs430: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2017
No. Its simply a form of clothing (and not gender specific) ........
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2017
Xtians forever confused by their religion grin

Ps Jesus wore a robe and not trousers angry

Robes look like dresses tongue

Quote me and may you die an atheist grin

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by olumaxi(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2017
your mates are worshiping God,u deh think of ao to make NL fp, u deh snap pix of a woman weh wear trouser to church......the devil deh laf at ur folly act tongue
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by haibe(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2017
Just dresss moderately in whatever u wear
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Bollinger(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

How is it wrong?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2017
Is it a sin for church to collect tithes from her members & spend it on Stephanie?

Everything for church n'a sin as long as the pastor is not comfortable

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by jericco1(m): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2017
I don't think it's sinful. Else more than half of the female folks are like wildlings hence sinners
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Lexusgs430: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2017
LeView1:
Xtians forever confused by their religion grin

Quote me and may you die an atheist grin

I am already an atheist. So no fear for me ......
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Sijo01(f): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2017
Can't remember the last time I wore skirt to work not to talk of church undecided
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I am already an atheist. So no fear for me ......

So you agree they are confused?

Letting pastors rob them, commit adultery and fornication while they get threatened to go to hell for wearing jeggings

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by henrydadon(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2017
nzeobi:
Trouser is in no way a male cloth, we have male trouser and then female trouser. sad

you made sense
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by ceecee0703(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2017
As at the time of writing that scripture the dressing of the Jews and Greek was gown and not trousers so how do u explain that?

in those days when a woman is in her monthly period she is termed unclean and so anything she touches or wears is dubbed unclean Lev 15:19. That's the reason of "don't wear what belongs to a man n vise versa" but grace came and redeemed us from the course of the law. Therefore the new law pertaining dressing is "dress modestly" so one can dress mini- skirt and its not trouser but not modest.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On Mar 26, 2017
LeView1:

So you agree they are confused?

Letting pastors rob them, commit adultery and fornication while they get threatened to go to hell for wearing jeggings

I agree. The biggest con of this modern generation is religion .......
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by ElsonMorali: 9:20am On Mar 26, 2017
Hmmmmm...
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Onnasucs1(m): 9:20am On Mar 26, 2017
No.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Sanuzi(m): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2017
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Ashleydolls(f): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

Seems you're suffering from the highest form of insanity ever known to mankind. Stay out of my mention
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I agree. The biggest con of this modern generation is religion .......

The biggest! Daylight robbery and mass murder cry

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2017
AntiWailer:
It is also a sin for pastors to wear 3 piece suits.

Read the passage u quoted very well.

Deut 22 : 11 KJV

"11 “You shall not wear a garment of different sorts, such as wool and linen mixed together."
Absolutely! And they are usually designer suits and you forgot to mention their Gold watches and designer shoes. The so called jesus never wore shoes, suits and tie from my understanding.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Adesiji77: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2017
undecided
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Yazmin: 9:22am On Mar 26, 2017
It is a very big sin.

If you look into history, from Europe, Asia, Africa, I think only latin America is left out in this. You would find out that most of man's downfall emanated from women's mode of dressing.....and guess what: It was about women's trousers.

Well,all been said and not to bore you further, I just had some MB's left before re subscribing and thought I should exhaust it,thus this post.

I hardly take myself serious,so if you do,its your wahala....Happy sunday!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by smartty68(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
The question is, how many churches in Nigeria is recognized in heaven?
Oh heavens. You just ki me and are one of God's Angel from heaven?

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Lexusgs430: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2017
LeView1:

If only all forms of religion can be banned. I feel the world would be a better place to live........
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by dhardline(m): 9:24am On Mar 26, 2017
When people say men trouser and female trouser I only wonder. So you mean women should wear very tight trouser that showcases all the curves which makes men to lust after them then it's female trouser abi.

There is something I have learnt about Christianity...as a Christian nothing is too much to give up for the sake of Christ. So if you find the need to constantly defend a particular thing so you can continue in it, it only shows the level of pride and stubbornness in your heart which already is a grave sin.

Remember what Jesus Christ charged those who claimed to work miracles in His name; He told them to be cast away to hell 'Ye workers of LAWLESSNESS'. So remember this Christ came to fufill that same law you claim grace nullifies.

If trouser wearing is too tough to give up then so will many other things.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2017
LeView1:

yes! I think it's time religion is banned all over the world, it's has killed and ruined more human lives than HIV and cancer
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by adellam16(f): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
stop mis quoting the bible. During d time of jesus we had female robes n male robes. In dis our world we have male trousers n female trousers. Never was dere a time it was said dat trouser was made for just men. That of men were made for dem, while dat of women were made for them. So madam don't say its cos my pastor say u just judge. Some pastors they don't understand d bible. Some they do but they twist the word around just to keep members n brain wash dem.

3 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Onnasucs1(m): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2017
gypsey:
Absolutely! And they are usually designer suits and you forgot to mention their Gold watches and designer shoes. The so called jesus never wore shoes, suits and tie from my understanding.
so its what Jesus wore that you wee wear?

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by ovieigho(m): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2017
nzeobi:

wow! Sensible......
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Googleus(m): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.

B4 now, it's considered inappropriate and sensual... But not a sin... Cos "if God should mark sinners, who ll stand".. But now the 'spirit/sermon of it doesn't matter as over ride the church' by pentecostal ponzi pastors.... See u in he'll everyone, cos we all don miss road
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by CrEaToRmalden(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2017
Bollinger:

How is it wrong?

The same way we debate over what we as humans know is wrong.
You can put on your trousers anywhere but as a christian we all deem ourselves to be, you should appear different when at the church.
Why.. ?
To give your creator the respect he deserves if you believe that He exist.

Now, You as a male counterpart, why not put on a skirt or blouse to the church.

I hate some christians for always giving foolish reasons for irrelevant acts simply because they're guilible.
Thats why I respect our Muslim brothers, they're very strict and do not debate over what they know is wrong and unacceptable to their religion.
As a lady, putting on trousers to the church is as bad as a gentleman putting on skirt to the church.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Kicked-Out Of Competition For Resembling Jesus / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. / 'Men That Wash Plate Don't Prosper' - Evangelist Ebuka Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.