Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites - Education (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites (89127 Views)

Bayero University Kano Post-UTME 2017/2018 Aptitude Test Announced / Top 15 Most Selected Courses By Students In JAMB UTME 2017 / Unilag 2017 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 30, 2018
SamanN:

You guys need to give a short highlight of your 1st semester.
I'll leave the stage for Donpre grin
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2018
Donpre:

Fine, not all it was hyped to be tho.

You guys done with first semester?

It was hyped? You had it too easy?.

Optimist1998:
I'll leave the stage for Donpre grin

It's like you weren't punctual in school. Gat nothing to tell?.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Donpre(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
SamanN:

What did you Expect? I was going to accept it , the UTME i did was just fair. Lost the zeal to push on. Even my O'level grades aren't helping matters. Some candidates aspiring for same course school blasted jamb like no man's business, complemented with Distinctions in O'level. 300+ flying all around,some guys no get chill. I just don't want to further this course beyond 100 Level. God help me.

SamanN:

I'm not doing that great, I thank God the admission didn't leave me wanting. OAU just resumed today. I'm not thinking of stepping my foot in school this week.
Just resumed? OAU can slow sha.

SamanN:

What did you Expect? I was going to accept it , the UTME i did was just fair. Lost the zeal to push on. Even my O'level grades aren't helping matters. Some candidates aspiring for same course school blasted jamb like no man's business, complemented with Distinctions in O'level. 300+ flying all around,some guys no get chill. I just don't want to further this course beyond 100 Level. God help me.

You didn't sound like you'd push through with it. I'm glad you did tho. Anything na something

I'm surprised you didn't smash jamb, but I do understand that things happens. Atall atall Putme dey to smash.

First semester? Sure I could. Its quite the boring story tho, filled with routines and cycles.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by ISISs(m): 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
grin
I greet all the bosses here.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Donpre:

Just resumed? OAU can slow sha.

You didn't sound like you'd push through with it. I'm glad you did tho. Anything na something

I'm surprised you didn't smash jamb, but I do understand that things happens. Atall atall Putme dey to smash.

First semester? Sure I could. Its quite the boring story tho, filled with routines and cycles.

Boring story? I don't get, What cycles?.

Who post UTME help? I just hope I can get that influential personnel that can work things out. I'm always angry at any thought of school with a course you do not passion. But I still thank God, it won't be funny if I'm still home.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Donpre(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2018
First semester....

We were what one if my coursemate called Scalars. Lotta magnitude, zero direction. Finding lecture halls and adjusting to the timetable was hard. Then there was the meeting and knowing over a hundred coursemates. Wasn't such an easy task.

I remember the "Jesus, are we to finish all this?" moment when we got our textbooks. That's how guys started jacking like crazy. Ah swear med students can be too serious. The phy, Chem and bio was much of what we already knew. The zoology and GSTs were the larger burdens, especially zoology. I've never had to memorize so much taxonomy in my life... Super, sub and infra classes, for only the class taxon.

About the routine-cycle stuff. Seriously, school is boring. All you do all day is, wake up, shout "Jesus I'm late!", rush down to school to meet an already filled class. Stand and sweat for two hours. Rush down to another filled hall, sweat some more. Hit the library if you've got the time, head home, find chow, sleep then Repeat.

There were funny moments tho, some lecturers are just comedians with a certificate. Matric day was also a thrill. Last last, I'm just glad its over.

Alright Optimist, over to you.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Donpre(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2018
SamanN:

Boring story? I don't get, What cycles?.

Who post UTME help? I just hope I can get that influential personnel that can work things out. I'm always angry at any thought of school with a course you do not passion. But I still thank God, it won't be funny if I'm still home.
@bolded... That doesn't sound like you tho. I expected tenacity and zeal to overcome all odds but that just sound like you calling it quit.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 04, 2018
Isaolamide:
I score 286 MBBS uniabuja

Hello bro. I applied UniAbuja MBBS this year. How did it go?

I wish I had found this thread earlier. Great Minds here.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 2:13pm On May 05, 2018
Donpre:

@bolded... That doesn't sound like you tho. I expected tenacity and zeal to overcome all odds but that just sound like you calling it quit.

I'm just being frustrated, the cut-off mark seem infeasible. I've not seen a single person that met the requirements, most I've seen used human influence. Someone with 53%, and her name came out. I've seen some on nairaland with 290+ last year, they got nothing. The admission process to me is not very transparent, if anything; it only favours the predites. What's the essence of hard work with nothing to show?.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Donpre(m): 10:11pm On May 08, 2018
SamanN:

I'm just being frustrated, the cut-off mark seem infeasible. I've not seen a single person that met the requirements, most I've seen used human influence. Someone with 53%, and her name came out. I've seen some on nairaland with 290+ last year, they got nothing. The admission process to me is not very transparent, if anything; it only favours the predites. What's the essence of hard work with nothing to show?.
I totally get where you're coming from and I can't fault you for adapting(trying to adapt) to the crooked system we've got. I pray it works out
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 8:42am On May 09, 2018
Donpre:

I totally get where you're coming from and I can't fault you for adapting(trying to adapt) to the crooked system we've got. I pray it works out

Thanks boss, you re-ignited the light in me. I'll try my best in preparing for post utme without it affecting school activities.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Hardebaryor(m): 1:08am On May 16, 2018
SamanN:

I can feel your pain bro. But the admission does not only favour the predites but I will say a large percentage. This last admission process was worse as most top courses were 75-80% that was admitted last year. I herad they received a query from jamb becauuse of that self. But you still can't blame them cos they don't always want to compare predites to jambites cos of the rigours involved. So all aspirants are not on the same level. OAU will always prefer a predite to a jambite. But lemme tell you the pre degree sef, they still dey runz am. It's just pathetic. That's OAU for you
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Hardebaryor(m): 1:09am On May 16, 2018
SamanN:

Thanks boss, you re-ignited the light in me. I'll try my best in preparing for post utme without it affecting school activities.
Try to get their pre degree materials as most of their questions are from what is taught in pre degree
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by bukasons: 4:39am On May 16, 2018
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 10:22am On May 16, 2018
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 10:22am On May 16, 2018
Hardebaryor:
I can feel your pain bro. But the admission does not only favour the predites but I will say a large percentage. This last admission process was worse as most top courses were 75-80% that was admitted last year. I herad they received a query from jamb becauuse of that self. But you still can't blame them cos they don't always want to compare predites to jambites cos of the rigours involved. So all aspirants are not on the same level. OAU will always prefer a predite to a jambite. But lemme tell you the pre degree sef, they still dey runz am. It's just pathetic. That's OAU for you

I think you are very familiar to the school system. The query they received what effect will that have, are going to stop putting Jambites percentage on Predites level?. Most Jambites admitted to the supposedly top courses are through connections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Hardebaryor(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2018
SamanN:

I think you are very familiar to the school system. The query they received what effect will that have, are going to stop putting Jambites percentage on Predites level?. Most Jambites admitted to the supposedly top courses are through connections.
About putting both on the same level maybe maybe not. But there will always be people who will still enter back door. Most lecturers don't hide that fact. Most will boldly say it in class. Since you are now a part one student, you too now have advantage over ordinary jambites especially in the post utme.
P.S: 90% of what is taught in pre degree are from 100 level syllabus
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by sirseg(m): 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
Good evening to everyone in the house
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by sirseg(m): 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
pls ,is there any OAU medical student here?

if yes ,I would like to ask some questions because I need some clarifications on some things .
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by sirseg(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=SamanN post=67404451]

Thanks boss, you re-ignited the light in me. I'll try my best in preparing for post utme without it affecting school activities. [/quotelare you a medical student of great Ife,?
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=sirseg post=68419423][/quote]
No, I'm not vying for anything medical.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by SamanN: 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by aabodunrin(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=Godhelect post=56342757]Can Sum1 Pls Tel Me The Directions To eTC , 299 Jkk House Ikorodu Road, Ilupeju Lagos, if I am coming from Oyo state
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Nuel25846(m): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2019
Donpre:
First semester....

We were what one if my coursemate called Scalars. Lotta magnitude, zero direction. Finding lecture halls and adjusting to the timetable was hard. Then there was the meeting and knowing over a hundred coursemates. Wasn't such an easy task.

I remember the "Jesus, are we to finish all this?" moment when we got our textbooks. That's how guys started jacking like crazy. Ah swear med students can be too serious. The phy, Chem and bio was much of what we already knew. The zoology and GSTs were the larger burdens, especially zoology. I've never had to memorize so much taxonomy in my life... Super, sub and infra classes, for only the class taxon.

About the routine-cycle stuff. Seriously, school is boring. All you do all day is, wake up, shout "Jesus I'm late!", rush down to school to meet an already filled class. Stand and sweat for two hours. Rush down to another filled hall, sweat some more. Hit the library if you've got the time, head home, find chow, sleep then Repeat.

There were funny moments tho, some lecturers are just comedians with a certificate. Matric day was also a thrill. Last last, I'm just glad its over.

Alright Optimist, over to you.
bring this tread back to life
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites by Donpre(m): 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2019
Nuel25846:

bring this tread back to life
You should realize all the original members of this thread, myself included are all admitted. The purpose of the thread is fulfilled.

I would love to see the future generations take on the thread and bring it back to life.

You can post the link on the 2019 jamb thread and invite interested people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) / The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben / Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.