Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? (45553 Views)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Edix85: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
60k for data in a month... f***k dat Nigga...He's lying.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by jomarick(m): 12:01am On Apr 03, 2017
digoster:
Make una wait small make buhari finish dis tenure cool
In fela's voice
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 03, 2017
dingbang:
dats only when you are employed in good companies.. And since its so hard to come by good jobs here.. Its difficult for families to afford hospital bills..

Most times I tell myself I won't even want to marry a Nigerian.. I just picture myself relocating to a more civilised country where the government has regard for her citizens

If you don't know something must you talk? Cheez, go and make enquiries we have govt and privately owned HMOs and even as an individual you can register for any of them, there was a time when one telecommunication company was registering people just for purchasing their Sims and recharging. So you shouldn't respond to questions when you don't have enough information about things
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 03, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

shocked

Don't tell me Nigeria don't have health insurance ? shocked

How can you even think a country like nigeria wouldn't have health insurance schemes?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 03, 2017
Dannys85:

We have one useless National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) that serves the interest of the rich and the fraudsters called politicians.

Go and do your research na, instead of this falsehood, aren't you embarrassed?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 03, 2017
Jolar101:

Do Nigeria know what health insurance mean? Nigeria is a bush and the government there in are super MUGUs.

Seriously? Are people really this clueless about happenings in Nigeria, so you don't know that we have govt and privately owned HMOs
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 03, 2017
KennyID17:

Health insurance initiated and maintained by the federal government?

If yes, how come only a handful of ppl have access to it, doesn't that show u it's a failed attempt?

They don't read and most of them would rather complain than make the most of what they have. With only 20K one can get a personal health plan per year but most people don't know
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by jojothaiv(m): 12:51am On Apr 03, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?
Yes boss, your location and cost of living come into play..

Here in Kebbi State, it's possible!

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by WeRblessed(f): 1:06am On Apr 03, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

I mean a government-mandated health insurance policy...?

Don't tell you what? How many African Americans have health insurance? May be some have gotten insurance since the introduction of Obamacare. Even you, yourself might not even have health insurance unless you are a citizen or a legal resident living in Canada. This is Nigeria, and we or our government have not figured out the solutions to electricity talkless of national healthcare plan. Please do me a favor, shut the Bleep up!
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by chibuzorAbia: 1:40am On Apr 03, 2017
jjman2322:

Personally anything is possible, just depends on how much level of poverty you want to go through for your family.

The world is way over populated.. Dont bring in a child to suffer and not have the best food/education.. YOU MUST NOT HAVE CHILDREN.

Nigeria needs to chill out with need to re-procreate.. theres no reason for a driver on N20k/month to have children..

If i made only N100,000.month, i'd find a nice babe, have a small ceremony, and live/enjoy life with her.. I won't bring any kids into the world to come and suffer, as well as increase my suffering..

for NIGERIAN MEN/WOMEN: ITS OK TO NOT HAVE CHILDREN. Many priests/etc dont even have children.. Also lots of billionaires in western world barely have kids.. Live a good life, and die happy.. Don't bring children into this world and start begging for food, school fees, etc.

Thanks.

The useless government, fraudulent churches and priests (mosques and imams) should tell Nigerians this gospel truth!!!

Well done sir.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by jay7(m): 4:07am On Apr 03, 2017
Jyde81:

(1) I am not living in V/I and neither am i living in lagos, Abuja or P/H.
(2) Yes i am a graduate of Physics. I graduated in 2007. I have been working for 7 years in a bank. I am 36. I use a honda accord 2007 model and i am slmost through with my personal house.
I am experienced enough to know that u do not go into a venture(marriage in this cade) based on mere hope alone that things would be better. It is dangerous. Life is full of unforseen circumstances and u must plan for them. Saying some folks earn about N50k and send their wards to private schools is not a right argument. If they fo not have a legitimate business by the side which fetches them goid income then they are probably stealing.....My take

Thanks for the prompt response but like I said everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but I will like to chip in this, been rich and comfortable is not until you have Millions and Billions in your bank account, riches is a state of mind and contentment let us take Aliko Dangote and Seun Osewa of Nairaland or Makinde Azeez of Naijaloaded or even yourself as an example here, riches is in classes and stages once you are able to manage the little you have at your disposal and you are doing a legitimate business alongside then one should be ok. (one may be earning 500,000 a month and still not achieve anything tangible in life if he is not planning well and another person might be earning 70,000 a month and accomplish many things with that, Sir one thing I want you to know is that with the little you see them earning they can still save and start something from it, another mistake we make is waiting until we have millions before we start a business, I will advice we the youths that we should look at our environment and start something I could remember when I was in school I bought a 3 in 1 printer just to make extra income for 33,000 and i can tell you that as a student then taking my academic work as the primary objective i still make tangible amount of money from that small gadget I bought for 33,000 naira, I am saying all this to encourage us that one can start a business with little amount and still make better profit, but at times as a graduate we claim to be too big to do some jobs whereas if we divide our salary by 30 days in a month we will be surprise that some people are not earning more than 1500, 2000, 2200, 3000 e.t.c daily and a man riding keke maruwa or a taxi driver is making more than that on daily basis.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by diva90: 5:12am On Apr 03, 2017
No you can't! Unless you live in a very rural area where standard of living is cheap and you have no plans of having children anytime soon
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 03, 2017
WeRblessed:

Don't tell you what? How many African Americans have health insurance? May be some have gotten insurance since the introduction of Obamacare. Even you, yourself might not even have health insurance unless you are a citizen or a legal resident living in Canada. This is Nigeria, and we or our government have not figured out the solutions to electricity talkless of national healthcare plan. Please do me a favor, shut the Bleep up!
There is health insurance here, if you have 40K to spare, you can register for an individual health plan
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by obitrac: 7:29am On Apr 03, 2017
Jyde81:

(1) I am not living in V/I and neither am i living in lagos, Abuja or P/H.
(2) Yes i am a graduate of Physics. I graduated in 2007. I have been working for 7 years in a bank. I am 36. I use a honda accord 2007 model and i am slmost through with my personal house.
I am experienced enough to know that u do not go into a venture(marriage in this cade) based on mere hope alone that things would be better. It is dangerous. Life is full of unforseen circumstances and u must plan for them. Saying some folks earn about N50k and send their wards to private schools is not a right argument. If they fo not have a legitimate business by the side which fetches them goid income then they are probably stealing.....My take
Bros u are indeed learned and shall succeed in life.I have said it times without number don't rush into marriage if u don't have legitimate biz by the side and enough savings to see u through difficult times.depending on salaries is very risky and op try to acquire the basic needs such as ur own house and maybe a car before u Tie the knot.Also observe the whites and take a cue from them.a kid or two should do for u couple to have a comfortable life
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

Seriously? Are people really this clueless about happenings in Nigeria, so you don't know that we have govt and privately owned HMOs
Please helping people with links and details probably with contacts, that'd be great.

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by bbeautylik(f): 9:57am On Apr 03, 2017
As a spinster, I had everything I wanted although form an average family. I got married to a guy who earned 10k every month, then I got a job of 13k and with my handiwork of fashion designer we were able to cope. Although I had a dad I could run to but I always like being independent..... fast forward to 9 months time, I gave birth to my kids (twins) and immediately I and my husband got a far better job..... Now I can say, start with the little you have and in no time your financial status will step up
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by blackjack21(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2017
Jyde81:

Did u just say marriage is not necessary about how much you earn? Sorry is the case of the person who follows this advise!!! No wonder poverty has continued to multiply in the land.

some people are poor, all they have is money.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Glocal1: 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

shocked

Don't tell me Nigeria don't have health insurance ? shocked
Yes, Nigeria now have NHIS; you can register as an extra-dependant with 15k. I think there might be other packages one can subscribe to. Just visit any of the NHIS offices for more details.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Taophick009: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
Some pple dont earn up to dat amount monthly, yet they are saying "hell no".
hypocrisy of the highest order

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Father Auctions His Daughter On Facebook (Photos) / Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? / US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.