Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? (45599 Views)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?
Advise of the month-* "By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by 2undeee(m): 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
yes waiting u wan dey chop 30k foodstuffs go do both of u for 3months nd save self

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
toniro:
You can jare but be wiser by having a good saving before u start planning d wedding. With a good saving,you can always fall back to something if need be beforre salary drop!shey u get?
He is talking about marriage not wedding
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by MrBONE2(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
jay7:
I can't just help but laugh after going through the comments here, most of the people commenting here are probably still in school and are still been cater for by there parents so they know little about marriage, what is the minimum wage in Nigeria? "18,000". Let me use teacher's as an example there are some states where they pay teacher's less than 50,000 and they still went ahead to marry and enroll there kids in private school's, to the OP you will not remain on that salary scale for life my advice to you is if the lady is the understanding type please go ahead and marry her.
This is the best comment so far in this thread. @Oup,May Great One bless you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Perpetual459: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
it depends on ur taste,the family total package eight years ago when we married was less than 50k,though it's not easy but God helped us.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Capital YES.

It's better to start now than starting latter.
Financially, you guys will be falling and rising, but with time, it will become a story.

I know a friend that started his family with 19, 500 naira. Today, by the grace of God, he's paid 350,000 naira monthly and his wife is doing pretty well in her business.

Please don't be discouraged, the good Lord that institutionalized marriage will be there for you every inch of the way.

I will be looking forward to your wedding invitation.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Etizz: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
jay7:
I can't just help but laugh after going through the comments here, most of the people commenting here are probably still in school and are still been cater for by there parents so they know little about marriage, what is the minimum wage in Nigeria? "18,000". Let me use teacher's as an example there are some states where they pay teacher's less than 50,000 and they still went ahead to marry and enroll there kids in private school's, to the OP you will not remain on that salary scale for life my advice to you is if the lady is the understanding type please go ahead and marry her.

I am not the Op but on behalf of him, I say a big thank you sir....

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by loomer: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime

Na data and airtime be ur priorities?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by dantanik(m): 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
Absolutely yes my friend, don't mind does small small rats commenting no, they don't knw anything about marriage, i've got a wife and don't earn to that amont mentioned, but if u come to my house u will feel as if u are in another world of happiness and love, to be honest with u i'm still in 200l at ATBU. so go ahead and get married bro u got nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
YES, you can start a family with anything. Truth of the matter is that no amount of money is ever enough.

Go ahead and earn 400k monthly and feel like a boss... You'd later discover that some people spend more than 400k feeding their dogs and other pets monthly.

If you feel 200k is all you need to start, then go ahead. That 200k is not even enough for some of buy an engagement ring.. so don't get stuck making wishful thoughts.

Its all about contentment. So, just go ahead already, manage your family and never at any point in time compare yourself with anyone. We have a lot of schools and hospitals. If you can't afford the best private clinic, visit a public tertiary hospital, they're better equipped by the way. If you can't afford American university of Nigeria, go to a cheap government institution... they have better Lecturers.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by hassymo5(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
Man the total sum money in that house is 60k...
But if u have a understanding wife the total Money in the house is 100k...

U can start a family and grow up together...
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by livinbygrace: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
jay7:
I can't just help but laugh after going through the comments here, most of the people commdenting here are probably still in school and are still been cater for by there parents so they know little about marriage, what is the minimum wage in Nigeria? "18,000". Let me use teacher's as an example there are some states where they pay teacher's less than 50,000 and they still went ahead to marry and enroll there kids in private school's, to the OP you will not remain on that salary scale for life my advice to you is if the lady is the understanding type please go ahead and marry her.

Best comment so far and I used to tell people that marriage is not all about the amount you earn but understanding each other.Sometime,when you even earn millions per month if you don't have a very good understanding partner your life would be miserable.Talking from personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by richie9093(m): 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
KennyID17:

Nope!! At least, best to my knowledge, I know of none in this kunt-try!

you have never heard of NHIS? Na wa for una oo.

For you people mind, Naija na the worst country for this world. Na people like you go go Libya seeking "greener pastures", only to go and suffer.

SMFH
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Yseone(m): 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime
Broh you need deliverance on Spending.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by richie9093(m): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

So u mean that the Nigerian government dont have this mandatory health insurance program? undecided

Don't mind those people up there. We do have a mandatory Health insurance program.

You can register your spouse, yourself and up to 4 of your kids. Its called the NHIS programme

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by greatjoey: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
That is quite enough to start one. You must not lead a flamboyant life to have a comfortable family. Alot of people today earn less and have a good home. Keys are, live At an affordable area, plan your meals, don't visit high rated boutiques, etc. Don't count medicals as expenditure. Alot of families live for years without visit to hospitals. You can enjoy such good health too. Avoid competitions. Above all, Alot of blessings come after marriages and I am a living witness. I wasn't earning a dime as salary when I got married four years after graduation and service. I took a bold step and I got a good job the next month. Today, it's a story to tell. Disregard all the discouragement and pray over it. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
Joavid:
As long as you don't reproduce yet.

Every child deserves the best; Nutrition, healthcare, education, clothing etc and these are not cheap at all!

so don't bring an innocent child to suffer until your finances have improved.

Don't bring an innocent child to be drinking acamu without milk cos SMA gold is expensive!

Don't bring an innocent child to attend jelosimi primary school because Daystar school is expensive.

I'm waiting for the day you will put your profile pix on nairaland. Your contribution always make sense.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by ola2121(m): 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
dingbang:
dats only when you are employed in good companies.. And since its so hard to come by good jobs here.. Its difficult for families to afford hospital bills..

Most times I tell myself I won't even want to marry a Nigerian.. I just picture myself relocating to a more civilised country where the government has regard for her citizens

It depends, if u work in govt agency / ministry with job security. You're save

But if u work in private firm, esp startups. don't try marriage yet oo. u can fucking lose DT job any fucking time. & u don't wanna spend d rest of ur life frustrated.

As 4me, I pray 2 Jah, please don't make me a husband if I can't take good care of her, nor a worthless father. Make me excellent in both.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by divinelove(m): 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?

It can depending on ur location
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Smith16(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please i need a job i have been at home for some months now and it has been deteriorating.
I have Bsc in Accounting, Msc in supply chain management and over 5 years experience in the oil and gas sector as a procurement/Logistics manager.
My email is mciadeyemi@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by aisha2008(m): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
It is 100% possible, how much do u think civil servant on grade level 8/2 is collecting at end of the month? let me tell u, if u are a graduate and working with Oyo, Osun, Kwara Niger, Kogi, Ekiti and many others your monthly salary is going to be between 35,000 and 45,000.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by ufuosman(m): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
Yes, the area matters too.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by KennyID17(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
richie9093:

you have never heard of NHIS? Na wa for una oo.

For you people mind, Naija na the worst country for this world. Na people like you go go Libya seeking "greener pastures", only to go and suffer.

SMFH

Keep shaking that f*****g head of yours till it falls off, what has libya got to do with this matter?

FYI, I know of nhis, but of what use is an insurance scheme that focuses on health of it's ppl if the coverage is abysmal?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by kingsmaila(m): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
Yes u can start a family if u have a plan to succeed. I started with 40k and earn more than that at the moment. Marriage come with blessing. Go ahead man.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
Our Nigerian soldiers and police are lowest paid personals yet their keep sweet n nice homes wt even house wife's, so maybe u shld contact them n ask the hw thier do managing.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Jerryamos(m): 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Is very possible. There is somebody I know that got married when he was only collecting N12000. is you that will plan your life simple
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by gentlemayor(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:

It is very possible as long as you don't spend money on irrelevant things.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by profbabatunde: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by nifton(m): 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
pamijlove:
Certificate is just a paper, go and learn a handwork for your owm good...
Nobody want to learn handwork , it's just to sit one place and be cracking brain....at d end they will pay u any amount....they want.
Just a question if evreybody becomes an engineer to draw plan, who are going to do the hand work i.e both the plumbery work, electrician and other building work which is d main work in d building, na to just dey one place without stress dey collect money with ac na im evreybody want.
Dis can only come from March 19 lecture.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by awebagco(m): 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
I got a job of 60,000 in 2009 and I got married with it so no big deal....it is your opinion.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Coolgent(m): 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

By their comment ur will knw them.
Bros stop lying now!
U wey no even fit buy a bicycle how can u spent 60k on monthly subscription alone.
Abi u mean 60 naira sub
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by iwadobo: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
jay7:
I can't just help but laugh after going through the comments here, most of the people commenting here are probably still in school and are still been cater for by there parents so they know little about marriage, what is the minimum wage in Nigeria? "18,000". Let me use teacher's as an example there are some states where they pay teacher's less than 50,000 and they still went ahead to marry and enroll there kids in private school's, to the OP you will not remain on that salary scale for life my advice to you is if the lady is the understanding type plealse go ahead and marry her.

Don't mind naira land kids. This is why i will never ask question about my life on a forum like naira land ? When i married in 2010, my salary was 54,856 naira, and my wife was earning 10k in a private hospital here in Ogun state. We were managing like that till 2014, when God opened our ways. But today, i have cars a business of mine , and a mansion to call a home. If i had allowed my salary to barr me from marrying my lovely girl , maybe by now I would have still be poor. Just be focused , cut your cloth according to your cloth, plan your life , look out for business opportunities wherever you are , don't compete with anybody, avoid owambe , at least for now . In the next few years , you will come here to pay homage to us.

However, you must ensure she is a woman that listen to sense, she must not be owanbeic , she must not be an iPhone lover . If she possesses these attributes, you can SURELY make it with that salary. Let me shock you, when i wanted to start my business in march 2014, i was only having 20k in my account, but just as the saying goes, when there is a will , there will always be a way, someone who wasn't a really a friend of mine , lent me 200k, after a while , i was able to walk to another aquitance of mine to lend 100k, as the business was expanding, i burrowed another 500k . Within a year, i repaid all the money with interest and gifted myself with a beautiful car to call a ride. My brother, don't listen to kids, plan your life , do good and let God handle the rest. Meanwhile, remember, God won't do for a man what he can do for himself. So , as you pray, think more of solutions , when doing this, you will be able to see and recognise God's mensager whenever he comes your way. Talking from experience bro.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / 24years Jessica Edionwele Found!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.