Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .. (1286 Views)

Gullibility Of Nigerian Christians - A Case Of Despair / Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation / Catholicism: The Naivety And Gullibility Of Catholic Followers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by introvertme: 12:12pm On Mar 26, 2017

3 Likes

Re: .. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Why not make out time one Saturday morning to worship with any Seventh-day Adventist Church around you, introvertme?

1 Like

Re: .. by introvertme: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Why not make out time one Saturday morning to worship with any Seventh-day Adventist Church around you, introvertme?

I'll rather visit their fellowship at the university at least there are young people like me there.
Re: .. by introvertme: 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
They've also started inviting entertainers for entertainment in the church, I remember when I saw a poster on Catholic church gate that stated that Gordon's will be coming to.... grin

The link below is for a thread at the homepage that says korede bello will be visiting their church grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3704802/korede-bello-performs-latter-rain

1 Like

Re: .. by DoctorAlien(m): 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
introvertme:

I'll rather visit their fellowship at the university at least there are young people like me there.

Okay. Please do.

I'm glad you're concerned about the true teachings of the Bible.
Re: .. by menxer: 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
The church (organized religion) is putting blinders on people instead of removing the veil.

Those that you, introvertme, call atheist, are probably those that have realized the blinders/blinkers on them and have or want it removed.

Those with the blinders/blinkers on are the Sheeple,
Those with the blinders/blinkers off or in the process of taking it off, are atheists.

3 Likes

Re: .. by Talk2nanro(m): 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
You are 100% right, every single thing you said is correct
Re: .. by cloudgoddess(f): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
The religion section is filled with Christians that cannot refute the statements these atheists make with cogent bible verses ,and yet they go round calling themselves Christians!!
That's because many bible verses are in direct contradiction with reality. Trying to answer smart, deep questions with the bible is like trying to do physics using the Greek Mythologies as a guide. It just doesn't work. And trying to make it work makes people look foolish.

And that's why Christians continue to get their proverbial asses handed to them in arguments, not only on these forums but across the internet and slowly across the world. Because they are wrong. They're following a book of mythologies that's full of blatant inconsistencies and falsehoods.

5 Likes

Re: .. by introvertme: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
cloudgoddess:

That's because many bible verses are in direct contradiction with reality. Trying to answer smart, deep questions with the bible is like trying to do physics using the Greek Mythologies as a guide. It just doesn't work. And trying to make it work makes people look foolish.

And that's why Christians continue to get their proverbial asses handed to them in arguments, not only on these forums but across the internet and slowly across the world. Because they are wrong. They're following a book of mythologies that's full of blatant inconsistencies and falsehoods.

There are interpolations by bias translators in the Bible, my church has agreed on that aspect.
Re: .. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
cloudgoddess:

Give me just one part of the Bible(KJV) that is in direct contradiction with reality.
Re: .. by cloudgoddess(f): 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
introvertme:

There are interpolations by bias translators in the Bible, my church has agreed on that aspect.
Your church will agree on anything that protects and defends the religion, duh.

When science blatantly disproves biblical claims (like the earth standing on 4 pillars, or women not being permitted to speak above men), those claims are dubbed "biased translations" or "metaphors" by the church so the church can keep going and continue bamboozling people. It's ironic that you can't see that THAT is actually the most blatant display of bias. Heck, I'd even call it deception.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Pastafarian: 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
cloudgoddess:

When science blatantly disproves biblical claims (like the earth standing on 4 pillars, or women not being permitted to speak above men), those claims are dubbed "biased translations" or "metaphors" by the church so the church can keep going and continue bamboozling people. It's ironic that you can't see that THAT is actually the most blatant display of bias. Heck, I'd even call it deception.

good to see you around, its become a rarity these days
Re: .. by introvertme: 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
cloudgoddess:

*biased translation* *metaphors*

Yap that's what is contained in d Bible,most statements made are actually figurative.
Re: .. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
cloudgoddess:

Why do you atheists love to lie? Do you folks not value integrity?

Where does the Bible say that the earth hangs on "4 pillars"?

If you're talking about 1 Sam. 2:8, then the word "four" is not located there. Moreover, men of GOD throughout the ages knew, through the wisdom of GOD in them, that the earth rests upon nothing(Job 26:7). Hannah's words in 1 Sam. 2:8 are poetic, and although the earth literally hangs on nothing, GOD is the one who firmly holds the earth in its orbit.

1 Like

Re: .. by introvertme: 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Why do you atheists love to lie? Do you folks not value integrity?

Where does the Bible say that the earth hangs on "4 pillars"?

If you're talking about 1 Sam. 2:8, then the word "four" is not located there. Moreover, men of GOD throughout the ages knew, through the wisdom of GOD in them, that the earth rests upon nothing(Job 26:7). Hannah's words in 1 Sam. 2:8 are poetic, and although the earth literally hangs on nothing, GOD is the one who firmly holds the earth in its orbit.

nice one, refuting the allegations with biblical citations.
Re: .. by introvertme: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
I opened this thread not to start fighting with atheists, I opened it to discuss on the changes that Christianity has gone through and how WE Christians should be observant.
Re: .. by ElsonMorali: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
DoctorAlien:

what's the difference? They are all the same except that maybe you guys worship on saturday and not sunday.
Re: .. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

what's the difference? They are all the same except that maybe you guys worship on saturday and not sunday.

No, they are not the same by any means. The Seventh-day Adventist Church teaches the truth of the Bible as it is, and does not teach the commandments/traditions of men as doctrine(Matt. 15:9).

1 Like

Re: .. by ElsonMorali: 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
DoctorAlien:

No, they are not the same by any means. The Seventh-day Adventist Church teaches the truth of the Bible as it is, and does not teach the commandments/traditions of men as doctrine(Matt. 15:9).

yeah, right. The truth by whose standard? Who determines the truth.

Other Churches also claim to teach the truth with good and solid arguments.
Re: .. by DoctorAlien(m): 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

yeah, right. The truth by whose standard? Who determines the truth.

Other Churches also claim to teach the truth with good and solid arguments.

The truth by the standard of the Bible alone!

"To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isa. 8:20

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line..." Isa. 28:10
Re: .. by ElsonMorali: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
DoctorAlien:

The truth by the standard of the Bible alone!

"To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isa. 8:20

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line..." Isa. 28:10

oga, other churches too read the bible and their interpretation is obviously different from your church's. Oh and they also claim the holy spirit. So who's lying?

2 Likes

Re: .. by introvertme: 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye

https://www.nairaland.com/3718628/marry-wife-through-facebook-lose

Yet Another dumb statement on the front-page of nairaland,and if you go through the comments you'll see people clearly going against his dumb utterance's

Is that what you're suppose to be preaching in Church!!!
Many of these guys were never called by God!!!!
Y'all should start thinking!!!
Re: .. by geoworldedu: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
I luv dis thread
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
introvertme:

So today I'll be talking about something that's been bothering me.
Whenever I feel bothered, I usually write,even though I dey write spoil sometimes grin

I've been on nairaland since I was in ss3,I never visited the religion subforum on nairaland,but the day I did....
These were my findings,
1)The religion section is laced with atheists that are blasphemous!!!

2)The religion section is filled with Christians that cannot refute the statements these atheists make with cogent bible verses ,and yet they go round calling themselves Christians!!

3)The religion section is also filled with Christians that see their pastors or priests as God(They've refused to acknowledge this but their actions on this forum clearly proves DAT they respect their pastors more than God)

Let no human being deceive you!!!!
The last days are near,whenever I turn on my TV I discover that most TV stations belonging to churches lay more emphasis on Tithes, prosperity,riches,miracles. !!!,instead of preaching the unadulterated word of God.

I feel most Christians have been brainwashed including me.
I remember when my parents said they wished there was another church they could go to cos our's was now becoming something else.

So I'll address the last of my findings today.
Most Christians go to church because of their pastors an not God,others dey go find babe only a hand few actually want to know the truth.
Today I'm at home,and as I type this some pastors will be disgraced in my church,I guess this is what makes a church stand out.
If a preacher commits a crime do not cover it up!!!
Don't say he's a man of God,so I am in no position to question him and his actions!!

That era has passed,we're all humans.
Even the head of my church was disgraced,exposed for following the ways of the world(becoming materialistic) and so on..... grin

I'll advice everyone to visit different churches and see what is peculiar about that church,take note of their doctrines and move on to next one.
Or sit at home and read your Bible !!!

OMG! Could this be your best advice?

Second, Is your write-up condemning or or exhorting?

Please, stick to your own principles and not... lipsrsealed

But you still gat some truth there cheesy
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Those ones have their own issue
Re: .. by oaroloye(m): 4:57am On Jul 11, 2017
SHALOM!

introvertme:

So today I'll be talking about something that's been bothering me.
Whenever I feel bothered, I usually write,even though I dey write spoil sometimes grin

If you want to be taken seriously, BE SERIOUS.

Stop using BROKEN ENGLISH.

.    DEUTERONOMY 6:4-9.

4. Hear, O Israel:

"THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD:
5. "AND THOU SHALT LOVE
THE LORD THY GOD
WITH ALL THINE HEART,
AND WITH ALL THY SOUL,
AND WITH ALL THY MIGHT."

6. And these Words,
which I Command thee this day,
shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach Them
diligently unto thy children,
and shalt talk of Them
when thou sittest in thine house,
and when thou walkest by the way,
and when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind Them
for a sign upon thine hand,
and they shall be as frontlets
between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write Them
upon the posts of thy house,
and on thy gates.

WRITE TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY- RESPECTING GOD, RESPECTING THE WORD OF GOD,  RESPECTING THE SUBJECT, RESPECTING THE READERS, RESPECTING YOURSELF.

I've been on nairaland since I was in ss3,I never visited the religion subforum on nairaland,but the day I did....

When were you in SS3? What are you in, now?

These were my findings,
1)The religion section is laced with atheists that are blasphemous!!!

What- you have known Atheists who are NOT Atheists?

You figured all this out in ONE day?

2)The religion section is filled with Christians that cannot refute the statements these atheists make with cogent bible verses ,and yet they go round calling themselves Christians!!

Well, that is really factual.

The reason, of course, is that THEY were NEVER BORN OF GOD.

.     MATTHEW 10:11-20.

11. "And into whatsoever
city or town ye shall enter,
enquire who in it is worthy;
and there abide till ye go thence.
12. "And when ye come
into an house,
salute it.
13. "And if the house be worthy,
let your Peace come upon it:
but if it be not worthy,
let your peace return to you.
14. "And whosoever
shall not receive you,
nor hear your Words,
when ye depart out
of that house or city,
shake off the dust of your feet.
15. "Verily I say unto you,

'IT SHALL BE MORE TOLERABLE
FOR THE LAND OF SODOM AND GOMORRHA
IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT,
THAN FOR THAT CITY.'

16. "Behold, I send you forth
as sheep in the midst of wolves:
be ye therefore wise as serpents,
and harmless as doves.
17. "But Beware of Men:
for they will deliver you up
to the Councils,
and they will scourge you
in their Synagogues;
18. "And ye shall be brought
before governors and kings for my sake,
for a Testimony against them
and the Gentiles.
19. "But when they deliver you up,
take no thought
how or what ye shall speak:
for it shall be given you
in that same hour
what ye shall speak.
20. "For it is not ye that speak,
but The Spirit of your Father
Which speaketh in you.
21. "And the brother shall deliver up
the brother to death,
and the father the child:
and the children shall rise up
against their parents,
and cause them to be put to death.
22. "And ye shall be hated of all men
for my name's sake:
but he that endureth to The End shall be saved.
23. "But when they persecute you in this city,
flee ye into another:
for verily I say unto you,

'YE SHALL NOT HAVE GONE
OVER THE CITIES OF ISRAEL,
TILL THE SON OF MAN BE COME.'

24. "The disciple is not above his master,
nor the servant above his lord.
25. "It is enough for the disciple
that he be as his master,
and the servant as his lord.
If they have called
the master of the house 'Beelzebub,'
how much more shall they call
them of his household?
26. "Fear them not therefore:
for there is nothing covered,
that shall not be revealed;
and hid, that shall not be known.
27. "What I tell you in darkness,
that speak ye in light:
and what ye hear in the ear,
that preach ye upon the housetops."

IF THEY WERE OF GOD, THE SPIRIT OF GOD WOULD GUIDE THEM IN WHAT TO SAY.

Have you seen MY Topics and Posts?

3)The religion section is also filled with Christians that see their pastors or priests as God(They've refused to acknowledge this but their actions on this forum clearly proves DAT they respect their pastors more than God)

.   LUKE 6:39-49.

39. And he spake a Parable unto them,
"Can the blind lead the blind?
shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40. "The disciple is not above his master:
but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but perceivest not
the beam that is in
thine own eye?
42. "Either how canst thou
say to thy brother,

'BROTHER, LET ME PULL OUT
    THE MOTE THAT IS
    IN THINE EYE,'

when thou thyself beholdest not
the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou Hypocrite, cast out first
the beam out of thine own eye,
and then shalt thou see clearly
to pull out the mote
that is in thy brother's eye.
43. "For a good tree
bringeth not forth corrupt fruit;
neither doth a corrupt tree
bring forth good fruit.
44. "For every tree
is known by his own fruit.
For of thorns men do not gather figs,
nor of a bramble bush
gather they grapes.
45. "A Good Man
out of the Good Treasure of his heart
bringeth forth that which is Good;
and an Evil Man
out of the Evil Treasure of his heart
bringeth forth that which is Evil:
for of the abundance of the heart
his mouth speaketh.
46. "And why call ye me, 'Lord, Lord,'
and do not the things which I say?
47. "Whosoever cometh to me,
and heareth my sayings, and doeth them,
I will shew you to whom he is like:
48. "He is like a man which built an house,
and digged deep,
and laid the foundation on a rock:
and when the flood arose,
the stream beat vehemently
upon that house,
and could not shake it:
for it was founded upon a rock.
49. "But he that heareth, and doeth not,
is like a man that without a foundation
built an house upon the earth;
against which the stream
did beat vehemently,
and immediately it fell;
and the ruin of that house was great."

THIS SAID, WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Other people's faults are the easiest thing to see.

Let no human being deceive you!!!!
The last days are near,whenever I turn on my TV I discover that most TV stations belonging to churches lay more emphasis on Tithes, prosperity,riches,miracles. !!!,instead of preaching the unadulterated word of God.

Again: WHAT ABOUT YOU?

If you have some "UNADULTERATED WORD OF GOD" Message, WHY AREN'T YOU PRESENTING IT? Why are you wasting our time with this useless rant, pointing out nothing someone with one functioning brain hemisphere can perceive?

TITHES, PROSPERITY, RICHES, AND MIRACLES ARE THE WORD OF GOD! They are just not the ONLY Word of God. If you take those away, what will you replace them with?

I feel most Christians have been brainwashed including me.
I remember when my parents said they wished there was another church they could go to cos our's was now becoming something else.

Your parents sound like stupid people.

Christians support Pastors who tell them what they want to hear.

.   PROVERBS 26:24-28.

24. He that hateth
Dissembleth with his lips,
and layeth up Deceit within him;
25. When he speaketh fair,
believe him not
for there are seven Abominations
in his heart.
26. Whose hatred
is covered by Deceit,
his wickedness shall be shewed
before the whole Congregation.
27. Whoso diggeth a Pit
shall fall therein:
and he that rolleth a stone,
it will return upon him.
28. A Lying Tongue hateth those
that are afflicted by it;
and a Flattering Mouth worketh Ruin.

IT IS THE WEAK-MINDED THAT SUCCUMB TO ORATORY.

The Strategy of many Pastors seems to be to build a Cathedral on the Backs of the Poor, and then, when it is built, by telling the Poor whatever is necessary to keep the money flowing in, then, when it is built, preach Doctrines to attract THE RICH AND POWERFUL, discarding the POOR- who are no longer needed.

.   LUKE 17:1-10.

THEN said he unto the Disciples,

"It is impossible but that
offences will come:
but woe unto him,
through whom they come!
2. "It were better for him
that a millstone
were hanged about his neck,
and he cast into the Sea,
than that he should offend
one of these little ones.
3. "Take heed to yourselves:
If thy Brother trespass against thee,
Rebuke him;
and if he Repent,
Forgive him.
4. "And if he trespass against thee
seven times in a day,
and seven times in a day
turn again to thee,
saying,

'I REPENT;'

thou shalt forgive him."

5. And the Apostles said unto the Lord,

"Increase our Faith."

6. And the Lord said,

"If ye had Faith
as a grain of mustard seed,
ye might say unto this Sycamine tree,

'BE THOU PLUCKED UP
BY THE ROOT,
AND BE THOU PLANTED
IN THE SEA;'

7. "But which of you,
having a servant
plowing or feeding cattle,
will say unto him by and by,
when he is come from the field,

'GO AND SIT DOWN TO MEAT?'

8. "And will not rather say unto him,

'MAKE READY WHEREWITH I MAY SUP,
AND GIRD THYSELF,
AND SERVE ME,
TILL I HAVE EATEN AND DRUNKEN;
AND AFTERWARD THOU
SHALT EAT AND DRINK?'

9. "Doth he thank that servant
because he did the things
that were commanded him?
I trow not.
10. "So likewise ye,
when ye shall have done
all those things
which are Commanded you,
say,

WHEN THE GOSPEL OF LORD YAHSHUA IS NOT THE FOUNDATION, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO HAPPEN?

I believe that your parents received THE GOSPEL THAT THEY PAID FOR. I believe that they were LYING when they said that their Church had become "ANOTHER THING." I believe that it was the same Church it had always been.

The only difference was that NOW, THEY WERE AT THE RECEIVING END of the FALSE DOCTRINES they themselves had WILFULLY SPONSORED for YEARS.

So I'll address the last of my findings today.
Most Christians go to church because of their pastors an not God,others  dey go find babe only a hand few actually want to know the truth.
Today I'm at home,and as I type this some pastors will be disgraced in my church,I guess this is what makes a church stand out.
If a preacher commits a crime do not cover it up!!!
Don't say he's a man of God,so I am in no position to question him and his actions!!

.     MATTHEW 23:1-15.

THEN spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his Disciples,
2. Saying,

"The scribes and the Pharisees
sit in Moses' seat:
3. "All therefore whatsoever
they bid you observe,
that observe and do;
but do not ye after their works:
for they say,
and do not.
4. "For they bind heavy burdens
and grievous to be borne,
and lay them on men's shoulders;
but they themselves
will not move them
with one of their fingers.
5. "But all their works
they do for to be seen of men:
they make broad their phylacteries,
and enlarge the borders
of their garments,
6. "And love the uppermost
rooms at feasts,
and the chief seats
in the Synagogues,
7. "And greetings in the markets,
and to be called of men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.'
8. "But be not ye called Rabbi:
for one is your Master,
even Christ;
and all ye are Brethren.
9. "And call no man your father
upon the Earth:
for One is your Father,
Which is in Heaven.
10. "Neither be ye called masters:
for one is your Master,
even Christ.
11. "But he that is greatest among you
shall be your servant.
12. "And whosoever shall exalt himself
shall be abased;
and he that shall humble himself
shall be exalted.
13. "But woe unto you,
scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites!
For ye shut up the Kingdom of Heaven
against men:
for ye neither go in yourselves,
neither suffer ye
them that are entering
to go in.
14. "Woe unto you,
For ye devour widows' houses,
and for a pretence
make long prayer:
therefore ye shall receive
the greater Damnation.
15. "Woe unto you,
For ye compass sea and land
to make one proselyte,
and when he is made,
ye make him twofold more
the Child of Hell
than yourselves."

WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD HAVE "PASTORS?"

That era has passed,we're all humans.
Even the head of  my church was disgraced,exposed for following the ways of the world(becoming materialistic) and so on..... grin

THE HEAD OF YOUR CHURCH WAS NOT LORD YAHSHUA?

In THIS Day & Age of LITERACY, no one can say that THEY DIDN'T KNOW what THE LORD SAID!

I'll advice everyone to visit different churches and see what is peculiar about that church,take note of their doctrines and move on to next one.

Here you reveal YOUR own STUPIDITY!

.    MATTHEW 24:22-28.

22. "And except those days
should be shortened,
there should no flesh be saved:
but for the Elect's Sake
those days shall be shortened.
23. "Then if any man
shall say unto you,

'LO, HERE IS CHRIST, OR THERE;'

believe it not.
24. "For there shall arise False Christs,
and False Prophets,
and shall shew great Signs and Wonders;
insomuch that, if it were possible,
they shall deceive the very Elect.
25. "Behold, I have told you before.
26. "Wherefore if they shall say unto you,

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE DESERT;'

go not forth:

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE SECRET CHAMBERS;'

believe it not.
27. "For as the lightning
cometh out of the East,
and shineth even unto the West;
so shall also The Coming
of the Son of Man be.
28. "For wheresoever the carcase is,
there will the eagles be gathered together.

THE LORD SPECIFICALLY COMMANDED HIS DISCIPLES NOT TO DO THAT! Not to GO to places that ADVERTISE YAHSHUA, and say: "WE HAVE YAHSHUA HERE!"

It is EITHER TRUE, or else IT IS NOT TRUE- either way, WHAT DOES IT MATTER? What are you going to GET in a place like that?

If you HAVE the Lord WITH you, WHY do you need to go anywhere else?

If you do NOT have THE LORD, isn't THAT what you should have addressed FIRST?

.    JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him,
not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that
thou wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me,
He will keep my Words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and the Word which ye hear
is not mine,
but The Father's Which sent me.
25. “These things
have I spoken unto you,
being (yet) present with you.
26. "But The Comforter,
(Which is) The Holy Ghost,
Whom The Father
will send in My Name,
He shall Teach you All Things
and bring all things
to your Remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 “Peace I leave with you;
My Peace I give unto you,
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

Or sit at home and read your Bible !!!

A World-Famous Evangelist, ORAL ROBERTS, asked God, early in his Ministry,

"HOW CAN I KNOW JESUS?"

He was answered:

"READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, AND THE BOOK OF ACTS- THREE TIMES IN THIRTY DAYS!"

He did it on his knees.

At the end of the thirty days, he testified, he knew JESUS better than he knew anyone on the Face of the Earth!

.                            -Kenneth Copeland.

In my opinion, ONLY FOOLS go to Churches of people who do not have this MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD.

..    1st JOHN 2:3-6.

3. And hereby we do know
that we know him,
if we keep his Commandments.
4. He that saith,

"I KNOW HIM,"

and keepeth not his Commandments,
is a liar,
and The Truth is not in him.
5. But whoso keepeth his Word,
in him verily is The Love of God perfected:
hereby know we that we are in him.
6. He that saith he abideth in him
ought himself also so to walk,
even as he walked.

OF COURSE, LORD YAHSHUA IS NOT KNOWN MERELY BY READING ABOUT HIM! His Doctrine must be IMPLEMENTED to KNOW HIM.

But anyone who does not take this as an IMPERATIVE INSTRUCTION FROM GOD cannot be a REAL CHRISTIAN at all.
Re: .. by oaroloye(m): 5:20am On Jul 11, 2017
SHALOM!

introvertme:

UNIVERSITY FELLOWSHIPS ARE THE WORST!

. DEUTERONOMY 22:9-11.

9. Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard
with divers seeds:
lest the fruit of thy seed
which thou hast sown,
and the fruit of thy vineyard,
be defiled.
10. Thou shalt not plow
with an ox and an ass together.
11. Thou shalt not wear a garment
of divers sorts
as of woollen and linen together.

THEY ARE NOT GATHERED TO SERVE THE LORD: THEY ARE THERE FOR THEIR CAREERS FIRST, SECONDLY, THE ILLUMINATI.
Re: .. by ScienceWatch: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Just watch how this arrogant FICTIONAL preacher responds to a very respectable post.

He assumes that he is superior to everyone because he has secret knowledge of some FICTIONAL HOAXES such as SATANIC DRUG INDUCED NAGUALISM AND CELESTINE PROPHECY.

Watch how he uses his FAVOURITE tactic. Long boring COPY & PASTE of canned out of context scriptures to lull his prey to sleep so that he can BAG THEM. cry
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

If you want to be taken seriously, BE SERIOUS.

Stop using BROKEN ENGLISH.

.    DEUTERONOMY 6:4-9.

4. Hear, O Israel:

"THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD:
5. "AND THOU SHALT LOVE
THE LORD THY GOD
WITH ALL THINE HEART,
AND WITH ALL THY SOUL,
AND WITH ALL THY MIGHT."

6. And these Words,
which I Command thee this day,
shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach Them
diligently unto thy children,
and shalt talk of Them
when thou sittest in thine house,
and when thou walkest by the way,
and when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind Them
for a sign upon thine hand,
and they shall be as frontlets
between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write Them
upon the posts of thy house,
and on thy gates.

WRITE TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY- RESPECTING GOD, RESPECTING THE WORD OF GOD,  RESPECTING THE SUBJECT, RESPECTING THE READERS, RESPECTING YOURSELF.

When were you in SS3? What are you in, now?

What- you have known Atheists who are NOT Atheists?

You figured all this out in ONE day?

Well, that is really factual.

The reason, of course, is that THEY were NEVER BORN OF GOD.

.     MATTHEW 10:11-20.

11. "And into whatsoever
city or town ye shall enter,
enquire who in it is worthy;
and there abide till ye go thence.
12. "And when ye come
into an house,
salute it.
13. "And if the house be worthy,
let your Peace come upon it:
but if it be not worthy,
let your peace return to you.
14. "And whosoever
shall not receive you,
nor hear your Words,
when ye depart out
of that house or city,
shake off the dust of your feet.
15. "Verily I say unto you,

'IT SHALL BE MORE TOLERABLE
FOR THE LAND OF SODOM AND GOMORRHA
IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT,
THAN FOR THAT CITY.'

16. "Behold, I send you forth
as sheep in the midst of wolves:
be ye therefore wise as serpents,
and harmless as doves.
17. "But Beware of Men:
for they will deliver you up
to the Councils,
and they will scourge you
in their Synagogues;
18. "And ye shall be brought
before governors and kings for my sake,
for a Testimony against them
and the Gentiles.
19. "But when they deliver you up,
take no thought
how or what ye shall speak:
for it shall be given you
in that same hour
what ye shall speak.
20. "For it is not ye that speak,
but The Spirit of your Father
Which speaketh in you.
21. "And the brother shall deliver up
the brother to death,
and the father the child:
and the children shall rise up
against their parents,
and cause them to be put to death.
22. "And ye shall be hated of all men
for my name's sake:
but he that endureth to The End shall be saved.
23. "But when they persecute you in this city,
flee ye into another:
for verily I say unto you,

'YE SHALL NOT HAVE GONE
OVER THE CITIES OF ISRAEL,
TILL THE SON OF MAN BE COME.'

24. "The disciple is not above his master,
nor the servant above his lord.
25. "It is enough for the disciple
that he be as his master,
and the servant as his lord.
If they have called
the master of the house 'Beelzebub,'
how much more shall they call
them of his household?
26. "Fear them not therefore:
for there is nothing covered,
that shall not be revealed;
and hid, that shall not be known.
27. "What I tell you in darkness,
that speak ye in light:
and what ye hear in the ear,
that preach ye upon the housetops."

IF THEY WERE OF GOD, THE SPIRIT OF GOD WOULD GUIDE THEM IN WHAT TO SAY.

Have you seen MY Topics and Posts?

.   LUKE 6:39-49.

39. And he spake a Parable unto them,
"Can the blind lead the blind?
shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40. "The disciple is not above his master:
but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but perceivest not
the beam that is in
thine own eye?
42. "Either how canst thou
say to thy brother,

'BROTHER, LET ME PULL OUT
    THE MOTE THAT IS
    IN THINE EYE,'

when thou thyself beholdest not
the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou Hypocrite, cast out first
the beam out of thine own eye,
and then shalt thou see clearly
to pull out the mote
that is in thy brother's eye.
43. "For a good tree
bringeth not forth corrupt fruit;
neither doth a corrupt tree
bring forth good fruit.
44. "For every tree
is known by his own fruit.
For of thorns men do not gather figs,
nor of a bramble bush
gather they grapes.
45. "A Good Man
out of the Good Treasure of his heart
bringeth forth that which is Good;
and an Evil Man
out of the Evil Treasure of his heart
bringeth forth that which is Evil:
for of the abundance of the heart
his mouth speaketh.
46. "And why call ye me, 'Lord, Lord,'
and do not the things which I say?
47. "Whosoever cometh to me,
and heareth my sayings, and doeth them,
I will shew you to whom he is like:
48. "He is like a man which built an house,
and digged deep,
and laid the foundation on a rock:
and when the flood arose,
the stream beat vehemently
upon that house,
and could not shake it:
for it was founded upon a rock.
49. "But he that heareth, and doeth not,
is like a man that without a foundation
built an house upon the earth;
against which the stream
did beat vehemently,
and immediately it fell;
and the ruin of that house was great."

THIS SAID, WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Other people's faults are the easiest thing to see.

Again: WHAT ABOUT YOU?

If you have some "UNADULTERATED WORD OF GOD" Message, WHY AREN'T YOU PRESENTING IT? Why are you wasting our time with this useless rant, pointing out nothing someone with one functioning brain hemisphere can perceive?

TITHES, PROSPERITY, RICHES, AND MIRACLES ARE THE WORD OF GOD! They are just not the ONLY Word of God. If you take those away, what will you replace them with?

Your parents sound like stupid people.

Christians support Pastors who tell them what they want to hear.

.   PROVERBS 26:24-28.

24. He that hateth
Dissembleth with his lips,
and layeth up Deceit within him;
25. When he speaketh fair,
believe him not
for there are seven Abominations
in his heart.
26. Whose hatred
is covered by Deceit,
his wickedness shall be shewed
before the whole Congregation.
27. Whoso diggeth a Pit
shall fall therein:
and he that rolleth a stone,
it will return upon him.
28. A Lying Tongue hateth those
that are afflicted by it;
and a Flattering Mouth worketh Ruin.

IT IS THE WEAK-MINDED THAT SUCCUMB TO ORATORY.

The Strategy of many Pastors seems to be to build a Cathedral on the Backs of the Poor, and then, when it is built, by telling the Poor whatever is necessary to keep the money flowing in, then, when it is built, preach Doctrines to attract THE RICH AND POWERFUL, discarding the POOR- who are no longer needed.

.   LUKE 17:1-10.

THEN said he unto the Disciples,

"It is impossible but that
offences will come:
but woe unto him,
through whom they come!
2. "It were better for him
that a millstone
were hanged about his neck,
and he cast into the Sea,
than that he should offend
one of these little ones.
3. "Take heed to yourselves:
If thy Brother trespass against thee,
Rebuke him;
and if he Repent,
Forgive him.
4. "And if he trespass against thee
seven times in a day,
and seven times in a day
turn again to thee,
saying,

'I REPENT;'

thou shalt forgive him."

5. And the Apostles said unto the Lord,

"Increase our Faith."

6. And the Lord said,

"If ye had Faith
as a grain of mustard seed,
ye might say unto this Sycamine tree,

'BE THOU PLUCKED UP
BY THE ROOT,
AND BE THOU PLANTED
IN THE SEA;'

7. "But which of you,
having a servant
plowing or feeding cattle,
will say unto him by and by,
when he is come from the field,

'GO AND SIT DOWN TO MEAT?'

8. "And will not rather say unto him,

'MAKE READY WHEREWITH I MAY SUP,
AND GIRD THYSELF,
AND SERVE ME,
TILL I HAVE EATEN AND DRUNKEN;
AND AFTERWARD THOU
SHALT EAT AND DRINK?'

9. "Doth he thank that servant
because he did the things
that were commanded him?
I trow not.
10. "So likewise ye,
when ye shall have done
all those things
which are Commanded you,
say,

WHEN THE GOSPEL OF LORD YAHSHUA IS NOT THE FOUNDATION, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO HAPPEN?

I believe that your parents received THE GOSPEL THAT THEY PAID FOR. I believe that they were LYING when they said that their Church had become "ANOTHER THING." I believe that it was the same Church it had always been.

The only difference was that NOW, THEY WERE AT THE RECEIVING END of the FALSE DOCTRINES they themselves had WILFULLY SPONSORED for YEARS.

.     MATTHEW 23:1-15.

THEN spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his Disciples,
2. Saying,

"The scribes and the Pharisees
sit in Moses' seat:
3. "All therefore whatsoever
they bid you observe,
that observe and do;
but do not ye after their works:
for they say,
and do not.
4. "For they bind heavy burdens
and grievous to be borne,
and lay them on men's shoulders;
but they themselves
will not move them
with one of their fingers.
5. "But all their works
they do for to be seen of men:
they make broad their phylacteries,
and enlarge the borders
of their garments,
6. "And love the uppermost
rooms at feasts,
and the chief seats
in the Synagogues,
7. "And greetings in the markets,
and to be called of men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.'
8. "But be not ye called Rabbi:
for one is your Master,
even Christ;
and all ye are Brethren.
9. "And call no man your father
upon the Earth:
for One is your Father,
Which is in Heaven.
10. "Neither be ye called masters:
for one is your Master,
even Christ.
11. "But he that is greatest among you
shall be your servant.
12. "And whosoever shall exalt himself
shall be abased;
and he that shall humble himself
shall be exalted.
13. "But woe unto you,
For ye shut up the Kingdom of Heaven
against men:
for ye neither go in yourselves,
neither suffer ye
them that are entering
to go in.
14. "Woe unto you,
For ye devour widows' houses,
and for a pretence
make long prayer:
therefore ye shall receive
the greater Damnation.
15. "Woe unto you,
For ye compass sea and land
to make one proselyte,
and when he is made,
ye make him twofold more
the Child of Hell
than yourselves."

WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD HAVE "PASTORS?"

THE HEAD OF YOUR CHURCH WAS NOT LORD YAHSHUA?

In THIS Day & Age of LITERACY, no one can say that THEY DIDN'T KNOW what THE LORD SAID!

Here you reveal YOUR own STUPIDITY!

.    MATTHEW 24:22-28.

22. "And except those days
should be shortened,
there should no flesh be saved:
but for the Elect's Sake
those days shall be shortened.
23. "Then if any man
shall say unto you,

'LO, HERE IS CHRIST, OR THERE;'

believe it not.
24. "For there shall arise False Christs,
and False Prophets,
and shall shew great Signs and Wonders;
insomuch that, if it were possible,
they shall deceive the very Elect.
25. "Behold, I have told you before.
26. "Wherefore if they shall say unto you,

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE DESERT;'

go not forth:

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE SECRET CHAMBERS;'

believe it not.
27. "For as the lightning
cometh out of the East,
and shineth even unto the West;
so shall also The Coming
of the Son of Man be.
28. "For wheresoever the carcase is,
there will the eagles be gathered together.

THE LORD SPECIFICALLY COMMANDED HIS DISCIPLES NOT TO DO THAT! Not to GO to places that ADVERTISE YAHSHUA, and say: "WE HAVE YAHSHUA HERE!"

It is EITHER TRUE, or else IT IS NOT TRUE- either way, WHAT DOES IT MATTER? What are you going to GET in a place like that?

If you HAVE the Lord WITH you, WHY do you need to go anywhere else?

If you do NOT have THE LORD, isn't THAT what you should have addressed FIRST?

.    JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him,
not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that
thou wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me,
He will keep my Words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and the Word which ye hear
is not mine,
but The Father's Which sent me.
25. “These things
have I spoken unto you,
being (yet) present with you.
26. "But The Comforter,
(Which is) The Holy Ghost,
Whom The Father
will send in My Name,
He shall Teach you All Things
and bring all things
to your Remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 “Peace I leave with you;
My Peace I give unto you,
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

A World-Famous Evangelist, ORAL ROBERTS, asked God, early in his Ministry,

"HOW CAN I KNOW JESUS?"

He was answered:

"READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, AND THE BOOK OF ACTS- THREE TIMES IN THIRTY DAYS!"

He did it on his knees.

At the end of the thirty days, he testified, he knew JESUS better than he knew anyone on the Face of the Earth!

.                            -Kenneth Copeland.

In my opinion, ONLY FOOLS go to Churches of people who do not have this MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD.

..    1st JOHN 2:3-6.

3. And hereby we do know
that we know him,
if we keep his Commandments.
4. He that saith,

"I KNOW HIM,"

and keepeth not his Commandments,
is a liar,
and The Truth is not in him.
5. But whoso keepeth his Word,
in him verily is The Love of God perfected:
hereby know we that we are in him.
6. He that saith he abideth in him
ought himself also so to walk,
even as he walked.

OF COURSE, LORD YAHSHUA IS NOT KNOWN MERELY BY READING ABOUT HIM! His Doctrine must be IMPLEMENTED to KNOW HIM.

But anyone who does not take this as an IMPERATIVE INSTRUCTION FROM GOD cannot be a REAL CHRISTIAN at all.

(1) (Reply)

Which Christian Denomination Is The Right One / Nothing More Dangerous Than An Atheist Playing God / Grail Message, Eckankar Views About New Earth And Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.