Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,543 members, 7,958,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:19 PM

Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) (4744 Views)

TIL - In 1803 Igbos Took Control Of Their Slave Ship... / Mass Suicide Alert! : 2019 Elections Aftermath / EXPOSED: Nobody Killed Fulani In Mambilla. They Committed Mass Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by oyinkinola: 11:41am On Mar 27, 2017
....lailla illa llahu!
how can people make lie in the broad day light?
this hisotry I never hear before! and I know for sure is lie!
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by donratcock: 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
5thcolm:
THOSE ARE THE ORIGINAL IGBOS, IGBOS OF NOWADAYS NO GET MIND, INSTEAD OF YOU ALL TO COMMIT SUICIDE , U GUYS ARE BUSY MAKIN EMPTY THREATS
Did you read this rubbish before posting it
You want us to commit suicide like your father awolowo
No thanks we fight to the finish

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by donratcock: 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
oyinkinola:
....lailla illa llahu!
Its a shame that you don't read if you read constantly you would have come across this story
If you are too lazy to read history books why not search for igbo landing on the internet

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by donratcock: 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
biafranbaby:
Yorubas were / are very good docile slaves.
Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by oyinkinola: 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
donratcock:

Its a shame that you don't read if you read constantly you would have come across this story
If you too lazy to read history books why not search for igbo landing on the internet
...internet is oracle?
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by AsiwajuNdigbo: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Commiting suicide is actually a weakness, not bravery. To live is to struggle and fight to overcome obstacles. When a person commits suicide it is a sign of resignation, the giving up of the spirit of survival against ordeal. A person surrenders when they commit suicide, how can that equate to bravery?
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by mobaking: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
I didn't know that cowards creates Empires,Ghana,mali,OYO,songhai,Bornu etc were cowards.Ordinary herdmen u cannot handle.'victim mentality people'!
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by Funlordmaniac(m): 2:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
evilapc:

If you are not afonja, you sound like afonja and sing afonja song, thereby making you an afonja by believe and association. ..you sound stale like a broken bottle. ..and making fuul of urself

Spoken like a true ipob doofus! Not surprised at all! grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by Cynicgod: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
kingzizzy:

Well considering that you Yorubas surrendrered your lands and sovereignty to the Northerners without a fight, I would say Ojukwu is much better.

At least Ojukwu fought for 3 years before running away, you guys could not fight even when your Regional Governor, Fajuyi was killed like a Chiken and Ogundipe chased away like a thief. Not even when the Northerners kidnapped and butchared MKO Abiola in detention could you people fight.

People who have never had the guts to take up arms are the ones calling Ojukwu a coward? Jokers!

Go and take up arms against the Northern controlled Army of Nigeria, fight for your freedom for 3 years.

Only then can you be in a position to rub shoulders with Ojukwu
......y'all ipobites need to get a grip.....b like say d seed of discord was planted in ur dna its no news dat ojukwu was a coward and a thief who only used igbo peoples hardheadedness and a penchant for war ro his own advantage........oya lemme comean go and start goin
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by thugcheetahh: 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mhen!
We Yorubas were really massacred on this thread grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Please stop crying and answer the questions kid! All these your stale insults are a sign of your lack of a strong mental fortitude! Save your tears for the day of the king of kujes sentencing! grin
mumu she don finish you better decapitate that your oblong head and tell ur brodas to bring to ogun i will buy it 4k for ritual as a yoruba muslim insha allahu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by Funlordmaniac(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
Cynicgod:
my friend most of dem wont understand wat u av written

Of course I know that! Extremely dull bunch of online savages....they hate queries or analysis and only believe in turning any sort of discussion into an insult fest! Na me be their medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by 5thcolm(m): 1:18am On Mar 28, 2017
EasternActivist:

Igbos are waiting patiently, because their enemies will die on their watch...

So now u guys have decided to wait patiently, y una no wait for your emenies to die in georgia.... RUBBISH TALK
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by 5thcolm(m): 1:23am On Mar 28, 2017
thugcheetahh:
Mhen!
We Yorubas were really massacred on this thread grin

thugcheetahh? Looks like a chestbeater moniker
U definitely not yoruba
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by 9jakool: 2:42am On Mar 28, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

This is a thread simply promoting Igbo history. You don't have to make it tribalistic.
Be respectful.
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by EasternActivist: 5:13am On Mar 28, 2017
5thcolm:

So now u guys have decided to wait patiently, y una no wait for your emenies to die in georgia.... RUBBISH TALK

Nonsensical reasoning...
Is not the same Georgia they took over the ship and sank their captors??
Which enemies again??
Smh...
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by InvestinOwerri(m): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2017
AnyibestDede:
No be today o! Am proud to be NWAFOR IGBO. If there is any chance to be an African again in afterlife, i ll still be an IGBO MAN. I love my tribe
Na so my brother. If we cant tolerate being slaves to the whites as far back as 1800's then I wonder how we can tolerate such insults from the illiterate, dirty and disgusting ab.o.kis!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by AnyibestDede(m): 7:26am On Mar 28, 2017
InvestinOwerri:
Na so my brother. If we cant tolerate being slaves to the whites as far back as 1800's then I wonder how we can tolerate such insults from the illiterate, dirty and disgusting ab.o.kis!
Its not their fault my brother, if not for that luggard and his girl that brought us into this mess, wetin for concern vuture with barber
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by ariesbull: 7:27am On Mar 28, 2017
kingzizzy:

Well considering that you Yorubas surrendrered your lands and sovereignty to the Northerners without a fight, I would say Ojukwu is much better.

At least Ojukwu fought for 3 years before running away, you guys could not fight even when your Regional Governor, Fajuyi was killed like a Chiken and Ogundipe chased away like a thief. Not even when the Northerners kidnapped and butchared MKO Abiola in detention could you people fight.

People who have never had the guts to take up arms are the ones calling Ojukwu a coward? Jokers!

Go and take up arms against the Northern controlled Army of Nigeria, fight for your freedom for 3 years.

Only then can you be in a position to rub shoulders with Ojukwu

Epic
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by runrunpokemun: 2:27am On Apr 22, 2017
Just wondering if there are any primary sources on the Igbo Landing? On every website about this it mentions Roswell King, most say he was the first account on this, but I can't find it
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by OjukwuWarBird: 2:39am On Apr 22, 2017
AsiwajuNdigbo:
Commiting suicide is actually a weakness, not bravery. To live is to struggle and fight to overcome obstacles. When a person commits suicide it is a sign of resignation, the giving up of the spirit of survival against ordeal. A person surrenders when they commit suicide, how can that equate to bravery?

Awolowo comes to mind
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by OjukwuWarBird: 2:50am On Apr 22, 2017
runrunpokemun:
Just wondering if there are any primary sources on the Igbo Landing? On every website about this it mentions Roswell King, most say he was the first account on this, but I can't find it

Where they committed suicide is tourist attraction in the US
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by Ikechu10: 3:13am On Apr 22, 2017
Anytime i read this history, pride fills me up. I love this history.
Makes me so proud to be igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by ObaEwuare: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2017
oyinkinola:
....lailla illa llahu!

Nigeria doesn't teach history, the history is from America, the only history Nigeria teaches is about the past leaders

1 Like

Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by ObaEwuare: 11:29am On Apr 22, 2017
AsiwajuNdigbo:
they fought and refused to be slaves
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by oyinkinola: 6:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
ObaEwuare:

Nigeria doesn't teach history, the history is from America, the only history Nigeria teaches is about the past leaders
.....you mean trump village!
Re: Igbo Landing Mass Suicide (1803) by ObaEwuare: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
oyinkinola:

.....you mean trump village!

Tinubu village

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Receives Letter Of Notification As The Leadership Governor / Buhari Almost Fell, Helped Up By Senate President (pics) / Breaking: North Should Not Vote South: You See Why I Rejected Atiku- Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.