Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS (1172 Views)

How Nnamdi Kanu Made INEC, Cabal, Buhari, Postpone Presidential Election - IPOB / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari / Lauretta Onochie: How Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Dealt With By Due Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by myright: 10:11am On Mar 27, 2017
Author: Nnenna Ibeh

- Abubakar Suleiman has decried the prolonged detention of four of his brothers by the Department of State Services (DSS)
- Suleiman said his brother were 'kidnapped' by operatives of the DSS in Nasarawa state over four years ago
- He also said the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra Nnamdi Kanu is currently making efforts to secure the release of his brothers
Abubakar Suleiman has decried the prolonged detention of four of his brothers by the Department of State Services (DSS)
Abubakar Suleiman has decried the prolonged detention of four of his brothers by the Department of State Services (DSS).
Suleiman who spoke to NAIJ.com in an interview said his brothers - Umar Muktar, 30; Haruna Sidi Agba, 43; Ahmad Kallamu, 25; Abdullah Ahmad, 39 were taken away by the DSS on July 4, 2013.
He said, Nnamdi Kanu the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra recently contacted his family over the prolonged detention of his brothers.
Suleiman said Muktar, popularly referred to as Lagos boy is a cattle businessman living in Lafia, Nasarawa state before his arrest.
“He was kidnapped and abducted and taken away in Hilux and a jeep car with sniper guns,” Suleiman said.
Abubakar Suleiman has decried the prolonged detention of four of his brothers by the Department of State Services
He said Muktar is married to two wives and has five children while Agba, popularly known as Garkuwan Bukan Kwato is also a businessman with two wives and six children.
“ He was removed from his car driving along Awe town in Nasarawa state,”
he said.
He added that Kallamu, a 300 level student of the Nasarawa state college of Education, Akwanga was taken away within the college premises, while Ahmad, popularly known as kudi banza-banza is married to three wives and eight children.
Suleiman said his brother were 'kidnapped' by operatives of the DSS in Nasarawa state over four years ago
Suleiman had earlier told
NAIJ.com on Monday, March 20, that he had approached the Federal High Court to seek the release of his brother held by the DSS.
He said it was painful that since their arrest, the secret police is hyet to charge them to court despite several attempt by their counsel to gain access to them at the DSS facility where they are being held.
“I filed the case in the FCT High Court but the court said they have no jurisdiction to hear the matter. That is why we came here to re-file in the Federal High Court because they are denying that these people are not with them,” Suleiman said.
“But their inmates that lived with them in that DSS custody came, almost five of them or more than that came and informed us that our brothers are there with them.
He also said the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra Nnamdi Kanu is currently making efforts to secure the release of his brothers
“Kanu stayed with my younger brothers in DSS office,” he said.
Speaking further, Suleiman said, counsel to his brothers have made several attempts to inquire from the secret police their whereabouts, the offence committed and when they will be charged to court but to no avail.
He said the counsels have met always met a dead end as the secret police on those occasions denied that individuals are being held by the agency.
He also said that despite DSS’ denial, former inmates who have met their brother at the facilities headquarters in Abuja, are ready to stand as witnesses on the matter.
“If to say they took them to court, that means there must be charges against them,” Suleiman added.
He noted that although is not a lawyer by profession, he understands that when arrested, an institution has only two days to arraign a suspect before a court of competent jurisdiction.
Meanwhile, on the same note, Abdulkadir Yahaya told journalist at the Federal High Court that three of his sons were also being held by the DSS.
He said that for some time, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra Nnamdi Kanu had made efforts to help his family secure the release of his sons.
He said Nnamdi Kanu the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra recently contacted his family over the prolonged detention of his brothers.
The Yahaya said: “So, Kanu wants to prove to the whole world that they are all held in there.”
My son is also there, nobody knows the offence they committed. They (DSS) just came in as if they are kidnappers and took them since 2012,” he said.
Meanwhile, speaking to NAIJ.com on the issue, a sister to Nnamdi Kanu said her brother has been keen on facilitating the release of the boys who have been in detention since 2012.
Princess Kanu to NAIJ.com that her brother has gone as far as getting a lawyer for the men.
She said Kanu has also offered to foot the legal fees of the detained individuals.
On how Kanu met with the boys, Princess said: “They met while they were in detention at the DSS."
In fact, he arranged for their lawyers and made initial payments for their papers to be filed in court.
One of their lawyers came from Kano to see him in court and has visited him several times in Kuje to discuss their cases.
She said : “From what he told me, the boy Usman Abubakar is from Bida, he helped my brother with his laundry and some minor chores while he was with the DSS.”
"He said wanted to study Mass Communication but was abducted by DSS in the middle of night, the parents thought he was dead until my brother asked somebody from Abuja to travel to Bida to inquire about his family.
“Another inmate was Muktar Umar from Lafia Nassarawa State detained for over over years without trial.
“My brother sent a lawyer to contact his family in Lafia Nassarawa state because they thought he was dead; he also paid for the families to come to Abuja, lodged them in hotels and paid for their lawyers,” she said.
Meanwhile, after his last court sitting, Kanu who spoke at the entrance of the Federal High Court in Abuja, said he invited the families of the detained individuals to meet with him in court due to the difficulty to gain access to him in Kuje Prison.
He also said he took up their matter solely because he detests injustice.

"These people; there children are in DSS custody; they’ve been there for five years without trial. That’s what they do in this country.
"This is very terrible. Over 200 people locked down there without trial and this is not justice in any way or form.
“What makes you human is your ability to reason. Here, people don’t reason. That is why they are detained
“Their children have been there for a very long time. Usman Abubakar is in detention. Mukhtar Umar is in detention, and DSS don’t want to bring them to court.
Ibrahim Yahya is there. I was with them. For five years, they are still in detention.” https://www.naij.com/1095924-how-nnamdi-kanu-helping-secure-release-brothers-held-by-dss-4-years-families.html

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by Baawaa(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2017
These bia-fraud people can fool themselves,how Nnamdi kanu is helping them to release their brothers held by DSS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by SalamRushdie: 10:19am On Mar 27, 2017
How can somebody be held for four years without trial

9 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by SNOWCREAM(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
At least do a neat copy and paste Job undecided angry

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by Aufbauh(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
So kanu don turn messiah for kuje abi? He should kontinu.
Better tell him to extend his messianic intervention to other prisons across the globe most especially Malaysia,Singapore,China,Hk, South Africa, Pepe in Brazil,etc.

After then, thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by BiafranPound: 10:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by thugcheetahh: 10:27am On Mar 27, 2017
TimeManager:
The prince of Kuje trying to secure the release of Fulani herdsmen grin grin

Days back he was speaking for some Muslims. Truly, Kanu has been bowing down to the Caliphate..

Liepob peasants, can you see your lives outside cheesy

Truth is talking!
DropShot:
Our Dilector who can help secure the release of Almajiris whom he wanted killed but can't help secure his own release!

grin grin grin grin

Make una kwontinuuU! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aufbauh:
Better tell him to extend his messianic intervention to other prisons across the globe most especially Malaysia,Singapore,China,Hk, South Africa, Pepe in Brazil,etc.

Baawaa:
These bia-fraud people can fool themselves,how Nnamdi kanu is helping them to release their brothers held by DSS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yoruba Muslims developing high BP over Nnamdi KANU matter
D thread really tear our ofe mmanu skulls

Keep lamenting to the high heavens, afterall the sky is big enough grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DropShot: 10:28am On Mar 27, 2017
Our Dilector who can help secure the release of Almajiris he wanted killed but can't help secure his own release!

grin grin grin grin

thugcheetahh:
Yoruba Muslims developing high BP over Nnamdi KANU matter
D thread really tear our ofe mmanu skulls

Keep lamenting to the high heavens, afterall the sky is big enough grin
Na true say Our Dilector, the Onikuje of Kuje will spend at least 10 years in Kuje Prison?

Chai, but im be talk say one million soldiers and riffles dey one corner to fight the zoo if dem arrest am.

So, our Dilector can lie like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by snika: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Baawaa:
Aufbauh:

DropShot:
Our Dilector who can help secure the release of Almajiris whom he wanted killed but can't help secure his own release!

grin grin grin grin

BMC, hope you've received your 1k for the last iStandWithVegetable protest?

I'm your national coordinator. Let me fly to another blog to see how your colleagues are faring over there. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by BiafranPound: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2017
Enemies of NNAMDI kanu will cry on this thread!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by TimeManager(m): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2017
The prince of Kuje trying to secure the release of Fulani herdsmen grin grin

Days back he was speaking for some Muslims. Truly, Kanu has been bowing down to the Caliphate..

Liepob peasants, can you see your lives outside cheesy

Truth is talking!
Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by thugcheetahh: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2017
BiafranPound:
Enemies of NNAMDI kanu will cry on this thread!
no be small thing
You need to see the way my BP just increased as soon as I came across this topic
I can already sight three of my fellow Yoruba Muslims above me, lamenting to the high heavens grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by BiafranPound: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2017
thugcheetahh:
no be small thing
You need to see the way my BP just increased as soon as I came across this topic
I can already sight three of my fellow Yoruba Muslims above me, lamenting to the high heavens grin
Allah Akuboom!

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by KINGOFTHEEAST: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2017
Awolowo gave me some rat poison to keep I don't know whether Yoruba Muslims need it

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by kollynxofodile(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
This is gud

The Nigeria government has ended up making this Man a Hero.

2 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by IslamicRebel01: 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
Yoruba muslims oh.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by donratcock: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Afonjas won't be happy over this
They have started voicing their displeasure

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DLondonboiy: 12:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Tis not impossible in a zoo.

4 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DLondonboiy: 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
DropShot:

grin grin grin grin

Money good o
See how you are jumping from thread to thread because oga credited your account yesterday...
As at last week, nobody see you.

3 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DropShot: 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
DLondonboiy:

Money good o
See how you are jumping from thread to thread because oga credited your account yesterday...
As at last week, nobody see you.
Swerve. Pray you have half the life I have.

No be to dey shout online we dey talk.

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DLondonboiy: 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
DropShot:

Swerve. Pray you have half the life I have.

No be to dey shout online we dey talk.

How can I wish myself such evil?
Do you even know who you are talking to?

4 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DropShot: 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
DLondonboiy:

How can I wish myself such evil?
Do you even know who you are talking to?

I'm talking to a chest-beater. An empty barrel who thinks adding London to his moniker makes any sense. Kiddo.
grin
Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by Akwaudene87(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:
that's zoo for you

5 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DLondonboiy: 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
DropShot:

I'm talking to a chest-beater. An empty barrel who thinks adding London to his moniker makes any sense. Kiddo.
grin

Why should I even be talking with a young man that can sell his mother for coins from BUHARI?

4 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by DropShot: 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
DLondonboiy:

Why should I even be talking with a young man that can sell his mother for coins from BUHARI?
Look for a lagoon. cool
Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Helping Us Secure The Release Of Our Brothers Held By DSS by 9jabull: 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
#Nnamdi KANU is a symbol of justice, fair play & equity some people will not like it but its a fact they must live with.
#All hail Biafra.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Mother Explodes: “nigeria Is Worse Than A Zoo” / Yoruba People Are Not Ready To Agitate / Throwback Photo Of Late Libyan Leader Muammar Gaddafi On A Visit To Lagos In1982

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.