Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari (20491 Views)

LASG To Rebuild Igbosere High Court Burnt During Civil Unrest Of 2020 / Nigeria More Divided Than During Civil War — Obasanjo / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Blue3k2: 5:06am On Dec 01, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed Nigeria’s appreciation to the Republic of Ireland and its people for standing by Nigeria during her difficult moments.

The president, who spoke when he received the outgoing Ambassador of the Republic of Ireland, Mr Sean Hoy, cited Ireland’s support during the Civil War, and the current efforts to rebuild the devastation in the North-Eastern parts of the country.

The Ambassador was on a farewell visit to the State House, Abuja.

The President noted in particular, the work of Irish doctors and priests in their humanitarian support for Nigerian communities at all times.

“Nigeria and the Irish Republic enjoy excellent bilateral relations marked especially by the work of Irish medical teams and missionaries during the civil war, and the ongoing efforts in dealing with the humanitarian situation in the North-East.

“We appreciate what your country is doing for us,’’ he said.

President Buhari also thanked the outgoing ambassador for enhancing the relationship between both countries.

In his remarks, Hoy said he was leaving Nigeria to his next post, Brazil, with mixed feelings considering the enormous goodwill he enjoyed in Nigeria, and the improvements in the relations between the two nations.

He promised the continued assistance of his country to the efforts in rebuilding the North-East, stressing that, “It concerns all of us. We will continue to support you.” (NAN)

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/thank-you-ireland-for-helping-us-during-civil-war-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by sluk(m): 5:08am On Dec 01, 2018
We may need your help again.

3 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by EricBloodAxe: 5:19am On Dec 01, 2018
Lifeless dullard. Couldn't thank ireland for any other good thing except the civil war of the 60s. I really wonder how boring and annoying this null head would be to his wife and kids. Aisha must be suffering suicidal tendencies just for staying around this douchebag.

259 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Blue3k2: 5:20am On Dec 01, 2018
Lol certain people wont read past headline since they're triggered. Then will proceed to make ignorant comments. Whats wrong with saying thank you in this case?

EricBloodAxe:
Lifeless dullard. Couldn't thank ireland for any other good thing except the civil war of the 60s.

“Nigeria and the Irish Republic enjoy excellent bilateral relations marked especially by the work of Irish medical teams and missionaries during the civil war, and the ongoing efforts in dealing with the humanitarian situation in the North-East.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by MrSix: 5:24am On Dec 01, 2018
Me don tire self.
The kind things way person dey read for Internet self.

Need a Laptop deal?
I sell laptops available for nation wide delivery
Check my signature and chat me up

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Luciferdevil2(m): 5:36am On Dec 01, 2018
The only thing that goes through this vegetable's mind is always war. His commentaries of this Nigerian civil war since he came to power are uncountable .
You didn't see anything to thank them for, why always about war Jubrin?
One thing is for sure, the hatred in this man will consume him one day, I can guarantee that.

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by IbrahimDamola: 5:55am On Dec 01, 2018
Luciferdevil2:
The only thing that goes through this vegetable's mind is always war. His commentaries of this Nigerian civil war since he came to power are uncountable .
You didn't see anything to thank them for, why always about war Jubrin?
One thing is for sure, the hatred in this man will consume him one day, I can guarantee that.

You are correct. Buhari hates the East and East rightfully hates him back. Why his followers are lamenting about the mutual hate is beyond me.

I read an old newspaper yesterday in which Buharri granted an interview sometime in 2010 or thereabout calling the first coup 'an Igbo tribal coup'. This man is unfit to lead a multi-ethnic country, he is just a glorified tribal village leader.

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by oyin44: 5:57am On Dec 01, 2018
To kill the Devil... Nottin short than to hurl abuses on this man always..meaning he does notting good..this is not hatred but pure evil

3 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Luciferdevil2(m): 6:00am On Dec 01, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You are correct. Buhari hates the East and East rightfully hates him back. Why his followers are lamenting about the mutual hate is beyond me.

I read an old newspaper yesterday in which Buharri granted and interview sometime in 2010 or thereabout calling the first coup 'an Igbo tribal coup'. This man is unfit to lead a multi-ethnic country, he is just a glorified tribal village leader.
The man is what a human being should not be seriously. He is tribal bigot and hatred runs through his veins as well.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:06am On Dec 01, 2018
Ireland didn't support Nigeria during the civil war.

What's this man saying?
Does it mean that this man lacks knowledge of history as old as he is or is he becoming senile ?

Buhari and all his personal assistants are disgrace to this country.

Meanwhile, I just noticed that this man has been emphasizing much on Biafra war probably to scare Ipob, but unfortunately for him, Igbos are not moved by such comments.

If 3 solid Years War could not stop Biafran agitation, nothing else on earth can stop it.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Drogbs: 6:19am On Dec 01, 2018
Ireland actually never supported any side during the war as they were largely neutral , though they did play significant roles in saving millions of Biafran kids from starving to death by sending lots of relief materials through Caritas into Biafran territories, and also through the massive involvement of their catholic missionaries and priests whose heroic efforts did save lots of lives....so I'm not exactly sure where Buhari got that information about Ireland facilitating the Nigerian genocidal war against Biafra from. But then what more should I expect from an archaic dunce that still thinks Germany is "West Germany".

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Drogbs: 6:21am On Dec 01, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Ireland didn't support Nigeria during the civil war.

What's this man saying?
Right, they actually supported Biafra though not militarily but sent tons of relief materials through Sao tome and Gabon to Biafran held territories. Buhari no kukuma get sense so I'll overlook his laughable ignorance.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Peacemaker5128: 6:25am On Dec 01, 2018
So Ireland also joined Nigeria in killing 3 million Biafla
This is commendable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by mightyhazell: 6:25am On Dec 01, 2018
So for over 50yrs now, u have nothing else to thank Ireland for except war time 'help' As if the current leaders in Ireland even knows /remembers much about the civil war.. Dundee Emeritus

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 01, 2018
grin
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:39am On Dec 01, 2018
Drogbs:

Right, they actually supported Biafra though not militarily but sent tons of relief materials through Sao tome and Gabon to Biafran held territories. Buhari no kukuma get sense so I'll overlook his laughable ignorance.
Yes and Vatican as well. I had to go back and do the research again.
Even Ojukwu visited Ireland in 1995 to show appreciation.
I was surprised when I saw this thread.. why should a Catholic country support Nigeria ?.
Even Ojukwu's cook then were Irish Rev Sisters.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Drogbs: 6:54am On Dec 01, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

Yes and Vatican as well. I had to go back and do the research again.
Even Ojukwu visited Ireland in 1995 to show appreciation.
I was surprised when I saw this thread.. how a Catholic country would support Nigeria.
Even Ojukwu's cook then were Irish Rev Sisters.

Special mention to CARITAS as well, those relief organizations really took a great deal of risk flying relief materials to Uli even under dangerous conditions and endless nightly raids from the Nigerian MIG fighters... They lost some men as well flying through dangerous corridors, as several of their planes were downed by Federal anti aircraft guns. All of this just to save millions of Biafran kids and women from starving to death... God bless those heroes even to their last generation.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Turantula(m): 7:11am On Dec 01, 2018
Jubril wants to proof that he still remembers what happened in the 60s. Remove ur cap simple!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by efighter: 7:16am On Dec 01, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

I read an old newspaper yesterday in which Buharri granted and interview sometime in 2010 or thereabout calling the first coup 'an Igbo tribal coup'. This man is unfit to lead a multi-ethnic country, he is just a glorified tribal village leader.

Yes, the first coup is an Igbo coup and you people will continue suffering for it till eternity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by highqueen(f): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2018
Dumb head.
Which Ireland, the Christian country I know or what?

Ireland helped Biafrans by providing certain and basic amenities.

Stupid cow.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by QuotaSystem: 7:25am On Dec 01, 2018
Thank you Ireland.

What would have been a terrible humanitarian disaster in eastern Nigeria after Ojukwu fled to comfort was curtailed by your selfless efforts.

Nigerians say thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Fatherofdragons: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2018
You can just imagine the idiot we have as a president, archiac lifeless dullard

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by CyynthiaKiss(f): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2018
Drogbs:

Special mention to CARITAS as well, those relief organizations really took a great deal of risk flying relief materials to Uli even under dangerous conditions and endless nightly raids from the Nigerian MIG fighters... They lost some men as well flying through dangerous corridors, as several of their planes were downed by Federal anti aircraft guns. All of this just to save millions of Biafran kids and women from starving to death... God bless those heroes even to their last generation.
Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by IbrahimDamola: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2018
efighter:

Yes, the first coup is an Igbo coup and you people will continue suffering for it till eternity.

But we yorubas are the people begging on the street for alms and selling human parts for N1000 ($2.70) just to put few bowls of amala on our table. Where is the suffering of the Ibos that we have been praying to Allah for?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by dhabrite(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2018
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Alexis11: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2018
With the level of hate and greed in the mind of an average Igbo man, Biafra would have ceased to exist if they had gotten it that time.

Nigeria saved them from self destruction. cool

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Popzi1: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2018
Jibril from Sudan

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Alexis11: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

But we yorubas are the people begging on the street for alms and selling human parts for N1000 ($2.70) just to put food our table. Where is the suffering of the Ibos?

Hahaha.... This impostor don dey see double. grin

You are so ashamed of your tribe that you have to adopt a Yoruba name.

You all need to be pitied I swear. grin

6 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by JGonze(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2018
Wat ! Well me á no get no issues with the headline but me think the President be on some cheap Weed. u know wat me say

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by franchasng: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2018
Hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

When we tell them that Buhari's old age is turning him to a mad man filled with bigotry and vengeance, they think we are haters, but everyday, every hour, every minute and every seconds the senile lanky kunu and fura de Nunu drunkard keep proving us right!

So their effort of 1960s is the only thing you can thank them for after several decades that you had been meeting with their leaders grin

Kunu mixed with fura de Nunu can turn people's brain sha, no wonder the north remains so backward and in the dark ages still clinging on to barbaric religious doctrines cry

I am sure Biafran Ogbu na Igwe really destroyed his brains during the civil war at Onitsha, no wonder Osinbajo is always leading him cos he can't see clearly cry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2018
Jubril no get sense

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ita Enang: Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Amendment Bill / NASS Leadership Contest: Deviants Will Pay For Their Sins -oshiomhole / Justice Odili: Malami Accuses Olumide Akpata Of Pursuing Personal Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.