Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men (54575 Views)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / 5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by sekundosekundo: 11:53am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

To all the men out there struggling to create an identity, know that we, the women in your life appreciate you.

We see you, we know the pressure on you. Most importantly, we have your back all the way.

Especially to my father, brothers and my future husband, I see you and I will be true all the way there.

#hustlersmindset

Keep it up, that's the spirit.

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by jejemanito: 11:55am On Mar 28, 2017
Akan:
I agree with everything the op said apart from where he likened the isolation as comparable to preintimacy where one of the woman's bre@st is left out. Not when I have two hands.

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Beamborla(f): 11:56am On Mar 28, 2017
bakynes:

Less pressure on Ladies because the society believes women will get married and get taken care of by their husbands and society doesn't put pressure on a poor woman but puts pressure on a poor Man.
Last time I checked, every guy out there wants someone who is independent(financially)
Someone who can meet him halfway.

Moreover, there is a feeling of fulfilment and satisfaction that comes with being on top of your game...you'd be surprised to know thousands of ladies out there crave that feeling.

5 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2017
Olubee22:
Exactly , the post is really on point . The pressure isn't on guys only ,there are still some of us who aren't just concerned about slaying or adding pepper o. Am still there and getting out of it soon .
@your profile pic, you looking good.

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Halo22: 11:58am On Mar 28, 2017
op thanks for reminding me what am going through now..... Am exactly undergoing this phase of life but my hope is alight cos I know I must not clock 30 just like that.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
Olubee22:
Exactly , the post is really on point . The pressure isn't on guys only ,there are still some of us who aren't just concerned about slaying or adding pepper o. Am still there and getting out of it soon .

You will, girl. You will.

3 years ago, I had NOTHING. I'm not totally there yet but I am grateful for where I am.

You'll get there.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Onyeoguego: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Willie2015:
Most of us are not equipped to handle life after graduation, we are geared towards looking for white collar jobs.

Students should armed themselves with enough skills before graduating. These skills will put food on the table before securing a formal job and if your employer ever kick you out, you can fall back on it. For example,

Learn and perfect your trading skills to trade stocks
Learn and perfect trading skills on forex trading
Learn basic vocational skills like Carpentry, Plumbing, etc etc
If you are able to raise enough capital ,get a Nigeria used golf car and do part time transportation business;

Hustling is just not about distributing CVs, those things I listed above dont disturb your search for jobs but they put food down on the table on spot.
Are u a live trader?

#i will like us to chat.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nasige(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
this is write up is so true......
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Chukzee26(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

To all the men out there struggling to create an identity, know that we, the women in your life appreciate you.

We see you, we know the pressure on you. Most importantly, we have your back all the way.

Especially to my father, brothers and my future husband, I see you and I will be true all the way there.

#hustlersmindset

I love u for this!!!!....wise words baby

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by kunlesmiles(m): 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
I swear,its really difficult,i just pray I pull tru dis stage in one piece.

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Olubee22(f): 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
Beamborla:

Last time I checked, every guy out there wants someone who is independent(financially)
Someone who can meet him halfway.

Moreover, there is a feeling of fulfilment and satisfaction that comes with being on top of your game...you'd be surprised to know thousands of ladies out there crave that feeling.
I feel like hugging you right now(sisterly hug ni o) . I seriously don't like the part where they keep saying "you will get married someday and your husband will be the one to bear the burden" . kilode ,must I be a liability ? It is a must o, I must get there !

4 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Olubee22(f): 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
bjhaid:
@your profile pic, you looking good.
Thank you.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Olubee22(f): 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
Azil:

You will, girl. You will.

3 years ago, I had NOTHING. I'm not totally there yet but I am grateful for where I am.

You'll get there.
That's the spirit ,thanks sis.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Akan(m): 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2017
excel001:

That's all you can say about this wonderful writeup, am not surprise at your comment sha, from your name you must come from Akwaibom or calabar
what seems to be your major malfunction? Did I discredit the writeup in anyway? Am I not allowed to pick on areas of the writeup that I may not necessarily agree with? Listen if you fall within the age group the op is writing about and you are experiencing the struggle please do not take out ur frustrations on me. And yes I am proudly Akwa Ibom. Now go ahead and release those bigoted sentiments uve been caging. Unam ikot.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by fernandoc(m): 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
martineverest:
even when ur pics says u are in early thirties?
Don't Let d pics fool you bro. I'm not even 27 yet, will be by April 13. Nice Pix by the way.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by SmartyPants(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
If you haven't got it right by the time you clock 29, your chances of ever making it big in life become drastically slimmer...24-29 is when you get your act together.

I thought I missed it in my early twenties but its all coming together now

5 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by SmartyPants(m): 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

#hustlersmindset

Hey tongue
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by martineverest(m): 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
fernandoc:

Don't Let d pics fool you bro. I'm not even 27 yet, will be by April 13. Nice Pix by the way.
thanks bro...but try reduce the fat sha...lol
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by fernandoc(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
martineverest:
thanks bro...but try reduce the fat sha...lol

Lol noted.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by TJMighty(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
I do agree with you; well said.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by kayo80(m): 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Sorry,I disagree with the age bracket linked to the post!!!It all depends on how fast you learn about life,some experienced that phase in their 23-28,some did in their 30's,some are still struggling with it in there 40's.......write same epistle with another age group,peeps will still comment and tell u they r going through same......went through within 4-2 years ago and I am not in that age bracket!!!

I feel you. I went through the stage from around 29-35. I am just getting out of it now. IT WAS HELL ON EARTH. Much worse than what OP wrote about. Have you gone 4 days without food before? I will write a book about it soon. 7 Years in the Wilderness.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
Chai.....this article just reminded me of the 3 of my classmates/agemate that are married....

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by ceecee0703(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
you cant always get a good job but you can start something on your own.. word!!!!!!
PoisonedOne:
I think you're right.
You graduate around 24yrs, waits a year for nysc call up letter (unless you're lucky to be called up immediately), you finish NYSC at 26yrs. You job-hunt for few months (years) before getting a 50k job cry , meanwhile you're now 28 or 29years old shocked . You're not thinking of marriage yet and no serious relationship 'cause no reasonable girl will take your 'serious' relationship seriously with that type of financial backup. Sometimes education and the question for certification delay us from achieving a lot. Let me share my own .

When I was in school I do visit my eldest brother who runs businesses and has many apprentices (boi boi). These boys respect me and envy for having a rich brother that sent me to the university. They felt as if they're beneath me and envy my student's swag, poise and gait. I always dress better and behave better and present myself better than them. Then I noticed that as I got to 400level most of these apprentices have become manager, before I proceed for my NYSC 3 of them have been "settled" and have become their own boss.

I finished my NYSC,came to Lag and found out that these guys are not doing bad,they have there own business and are taking charge of their lives, one of them has even registered for part time studies in unilag . Then, my job-hunting began,I couldn't secure a job within the next 5 - 6 months. They no longer envy me ,rather, they wished me well ( still believing in their minds that my brothers would help me if I need anything).

Moreover, I stopped searching for jobs, learnt a business and I'm so happy for that decision. You can't always get a good job ,but you can always start something good on your own.

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Naruto87(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
nice write up...but to be honest guys are mostly at fault for this..misplaced priorities is the main issue here..imagine you are without a good source of income and the little you have is spent on girls and partying and yet you still wonder why your life isn't productive? the money used to call your girlfriend can be used to call old productive friends,relative and acquaintances. sometimes just ensuring someone remembers you can help in the future. invest in business and if you succeed that's great and if you don't then learn from it and do it a better way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by oyetpel(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kaeyzo:
I'm 24 but I thank God for the blessing. I own a lots of things which average of Nigerians dont own. I pray God to Give you too
How did you own it? Rich parents or job?
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:

cheesy cheesy

You write right? You sound like a good writer. cheesy cheesy

I am sending you a million hugs and good wishes too kiss kiss

Yeah, I write for a living. Not creative work though -- getting to that part soon.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by kayo80(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Beamborla:
A great piece but I strongly disagree that this is peculiar to guys alone.

No it isn't. But guys feel it the most. A broke guy can't even have a girlfriend in this country. He can't even have love. Imagine that for a second. At least a struggling girl can still experience love.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by ceecee0703(m): 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
Firstly, i quit girlfriending cos no matter how faithful, friendly, hardworking, visionful you are u are never good enough. i kinda paused that part of my life, i mean its in hiatus. though i work but you know what the pay is? dont even ask...graduates are suffering. i have other trainings for those who will say do trainings....the people who train are also hustling too. my best allies are Faith, hope, ideas and hardwork.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Rick9(m): 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
That's how it goes, anyway. Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffet and co , were once broke like me in their 20's so just be calm we would eventually get there.

What am saying is that when they were in their 20's they had a vision, the problem with most youth these days is that they all want sudden wealth they don't understand that for you to be sth great you just have to work hard for it and also work smart for it,

My advice for guys in their 20's ( a category I happen to fall in 23 now) you can't make sudden wealth right now, but know that tomorrow has a lot in store for you, where you will be tomorrow will be determined by what you do today, the choices you made today, the associates you made today,

First of all have a dream, have a vision of where you would love to be in the next 10 years, map out your plans, start working to achieve that,

There will be obstacles on the way but those are the fire that should keep you going, never give up, continue doing what you are doing as long as it's the right thing, you will definitely succeed,

But above all put God first in all you do, commit all your plans into God's hands.

Advices

What are you doing with your time ? Who are those people that you are spending your time with ?
Time is an essential factor that should never be wasted on unimportant things,

The world has advanced so much with so much information on the internet, if you don't understand anything Google it out,
Read more books, you must not be a graduate to succeed, even if you don't have the opportunity of going to school at least read books to enhance your thinking capabilities,

With endurance and persistence you will eventually succeed, but Never Ever Give Up.

And for those ladies that Understand the struggle and sticking to their man in his trying times,

You have earned my deepest respect that doesn't come cheap.

God Bless You All.

Am DJ Rick an upcoming DJ, Music Producer, BreakDancer and Graphics Designer.

Follow me

www.twitter.com/djrickofficial1

www.instagram.com/djrickofficial1

God Bless You All.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by kayo80(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Olubee22:
I feel like hugging you right now(sisterly hug ni o) . I seriously don't like the part where they keep saying "you will get married someday and your husband will be the one to bear the burden" . kilode ,must I be a liability ? It is a must o, I must get there !

That's the spirit. There are not too many Nigerian girls that think like this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Beamborla(f): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Olubee22:
Right from time immemorial in most homes, the woman shoulders the responsibility.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Beamborla(f): 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
kayo80:

No it isn't. But guys feel it the most. A broke guy can't even have a girlfriend in this country. He can't even have love. Imagine that for a second. At least a struggling girl can still experience love.

Love love love... Until you love yourself, don't look for love.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.