Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 (42724 Views)

See Jamb 2020 Results! / Please My Niece Has Yet To See JAMB Result. / See JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools 2017/2018 | Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by YonkijiSappo: 6:50am On Apr 28, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Na their way na. cheesy I am even surprised she was generous enough to leave us with 70%. cheesy In times past she for say yeeibo people make up more than 80% of SW population. Awon alawada kerikeri.

Haha no bro, it is Lagos that is 70% Igbo
While SW as a whole, they are 30%. Other tribes of nigeria are 20%
While Yorubas are only 50% in their own home region.
You honestly can't help but ponder how these people think sometimes. Why do they get all these things from? lol

5 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by chumakk: 6:54am On Apr 28, 2017
Kennydoc:

You lack comprehension of what you read, and you're far from being analytical in your reasoning.
When figures are not analysed in proportions, it makes understanding complex.

To start with, the South East has only 5 states as against the 6 states of South West. For SE to have 2.59 million compared to 2.65 million enrolments of SW shows that relatively, SE has better enrolment. This is clearly seen in the average for the SE which came to 74,093 candidates for the 7 years compared to 63,017 candidates for the SW. Let me explain it better to you. It means that in the 7 years analysed, an average of 74,093 candidates registered for JAMB in each of the 5 SE states in each year compared to the average of 63,017 candidates in each of the 6 SW states. It means an average of 11,000+ more candidates registered for JAMB in each SE state compared to each SW state.

You may want to tell me that the total number of enrolments is higher in the SW than SE. Even though there are about 60,000 more enrolments in the SW than the SE over the 7 years considered, have you forgotten that the population of the SW is more than the SE? Are you guys not the ones accusing Igbos of running away from the SE to settle in the SW? So despite having a significant proportion of Igbos in all other geopolitical zones, we were still able to pull that figure. I can bet you that 10-20% of the figures you have for all the other geopolitical zones purely consist of Igbos, which means that the absolute number of Igbos in that figure may be nearly 3.5 million over those 7 years.

Anyway, let me not waste my time educating a tribalistic bigot like you.

cc MasterChen
you cooked the guy lol
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by AshiwajuFoward: 6:59am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Haha no bro, it is Lagos that is 70% Igbo
While SW as a whole, they are 30%.

You honestly can't help but ponder how these people think sometimes. Why do they get all these things from? lol

Ah, are you sure? If they are already claiming 30% of the SW (outside Lagos), then at this rate I reckon that dem go don reach 70% by December 2017, abi wetin you think? No mind them. This your myth-busting thread don discombobulate and shock dem seriously. cheesy Can't you see the way they've been talking out of their nyanshes since ni?

But brotherman, those Imo people acceptance rate no be am at all.

2 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Chukazu: 6:59am On Apr 28, 2017
Tinububola121:
I think the Igbos are ahead in education nownow

I don't want to b bais, south west state is 6 while south east state is 5, now do the arithmeticarithmetics
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by revolt(m): 7:00am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol... Competition is good bro.
But it seems the Yorubas will always be a tad bit ahead of the game.
I think ure missing out a very important point. The southwest has a very large number of middle class Igbo's and they make up a significant number of the applixants . I can't say the same about yorubas in the southeast. Same in the south south , middle belt etc so going by that, clearly are way more interested in education.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by YonkijiSappo: 7:04am On Apr 28, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Ah, are you sure? If they are already claiming 30% of the SW (outside Lagos), then at this rate I reckon that dem go don reach 70% by December 2017, abi wetin you think? No mind them. This your myth-busting thread don discombobulate and shock dem seriously. cheesy Can't you see the way they've been talking out of their nyanshes since ni?

But brotherman, those Imo people acceptance rate no be am at all.

Yh, that's exactly why I was saying earlier -you know most of those imo peeps re outside their states- and those states where they reside will always chose to grant admissions to their own citizens first before the quota reserved for outsiders.
See how SW acceptance is so high- we are running a university surplus.

3 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by bilulu(m): 7:06am On Apr 28, 2017
BABANGBALI:
Yorubas are just too good, that's why others dey always like to be like us by rushing down to South West
which south west state re u from n which south west state re people running to? Osun will still claim people re running to their state
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:09am On Apr 28, 2017
Gozychuks:
a particular state consistently has the highest number across the years...

I'm proud to be from that state wink

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by revolt(m): 7:09am On Apr 28, 2017
Kaysalas:

Very funny how you lots almost always salivate over fighting a war. Hahaha! Na una go first fight war? Despite loosing WW2 sorely, Germany is arguably the best economy in Europe, bro! Leave this your CIVIL WAR song, 50 years is MORE THAN ENOUGH for ANY NATION to bounce back. Think , my friend
Germany was independent . and ermmm do u know why east Germany still remained a ghetto as compared to west Germany ? It wasn't independent ie same ppl on the same soil.

so you may never understand why we believe Nigeria's holding us back.

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Gassa007: 7:11am On Apr 28, 2017
MasterChen:

The stats are up there staring at you potopoto boy yet you still have the guts to yap this nonsense . The number of states is irrelevant cos they used state of origin. By the way, you aren't fooling anyone with that Yoruba moniker. Your post history will always cast you lol

And yes y'all are ahead when it comes to importing and exporting salt to Indonesia grin
I don't want to b bais, south west state is 6 while south east state is 5, now do the arithmetics

2 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:11am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Yh, that's exactly why I was saying earlier -you know most of those imo peeps re outside their states- and those states where they recide will always chose to grant admissions to their own citizens first before the quota reserved for outsiders.
See how SW acceptance is so high- we are running a university surplus.

You're still dancing around in the market square naked? You need help asap
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by DONGOYARO1: 7:12am On Apr 28, 2017
revolt:
I think ure missing out a very important point. The southwest has a very large number of middle class Igbo's and they make up a significant number of the applixants . I can't say the same about yorubas in the southeast. Same in the south south , middle belt etc so going by that, clearly are way more interested in education.
I am sort of neutral here but it seems you ibos are missing and mixing things up. The registration figure is based on regions of origin. If an ibo student from abia state who resides in abuja fills his jamb form, will he indicate abuja as his state of origin or abia?

6 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by hollawaley2: 7:17am On Apr 28, 2017
malware:

Yeah, we don't relate with books, we only relate with big Govermental positions.
heyy, i was just kidding, i didn't mean no harm
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:19am On Apr 28, 2017
Kaysalas:

Very funny how you lots almost always salivate over fighting a war. Hahaha! Na una go first fight war? Despite loosing WW2 sorely, Germany is arguably the best economy in Europe, bro! Leave this your CIVIL WAR song, 50 years is MORE THAN ENOUGH for ANY NATION to bounce back. Think , my friend

For you to compare a developed country with sound and visionary leadership like Germany to a cesspit like Nigeria means you have likely got very poor reasoning capabilities.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Gassa007: 7:19am On Apr 28, 2017
TeflonBlixx:
The North is just a parasite. .

Peeps from the land of rising Potopoto/Erofo banging their dry chest should see this. .

Nna, while you're at it, make sure you don't get heart attack or seizures
===>COPIED
You lack comprehension of what you read, and you're far from being analytical in your reasoning.
To start with, the South East has only 5 states as against the 6 states of South West. For SE to have 2.59 million compared to 2.65 million enrolments of SW shows that relatively, SE has better enrolment. This is clearly seen in the average for the SE which came to 74,093 candidates for the 7 years compared to 63,017 candidates for the SW. Let me explain it better to you. It means that in the 7 years analysed, an average of 74,093 candidates registered for JAMB in each of the 5 SE states in each year compared to the average of 63,017 candidates in each of the 6 SW states. It means an average of 11,000+ more candidates registered for JAMB in each SE state compared to each SW state.
You may want to tell me that the total number of enrolments is higher in the SW than SE. Even though there are about 60,000 more enrolments in the SW than the SE over the 7 years considered, have you forgotten that the population of the SW is more than the SE? Are you guys not the ones accusing Igbos of running away from the SE to settle in the SW? So despite having a significant proportion of Igbos in all other geopolitical zones, we were still able to pull that figure. I can bet you that 10-20% of the figures you have for all the other geopolitical zones purely consist of Igbos, which means that the absolute number of Igbos in that figure may be nearly 3.5 million over those 7 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Gassa007: 7:20am On Apr 28, 2017
Dhortunn:
South West & Education. 5 &6.

https://www.nairaland.com/3765676/truth-rita-ibenis-blackmail-bishop
===>COPIED
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nebuzaradan: 7:20am On Apr 28, 2017
ZelibeKristien:

Bloodykiller, you deserve a life ban from this forum. You contribute nothing to nairaland than trolling.
my name is Nebuzaradan deal with that
and my guy you don't want me to follow you do you?
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Gassa007: 7:20am On Apr 28, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Eziokwu! grin Nna eh, keep dropping it like it's hot for them. Dis na another 'gbedu' wey go burst dia brains.
===>COPIED
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Gassa007: 7:21am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

I told those mumus that more Yoruba youth were entering universities than Igbos, they were yarning okpata to me.
Even the SW states have a higher admission rate than any zone in the South. The only states that have a higher admission rate are those designated as educationally disadvantaged states, that have reserved spots, for the sake of equity.

If Kwara state was in the South East, it would rank ahead of Abia, a state with more people.... now isn't that a shocker?
===>COPIED
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by ONYII4TRUT: 7:21am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Let this thread serve the purpose of posterity, verification, and referral, that every Man, woman, and child citizen of Nairaland would refer their friends, business and leisure partners, as well as acquaintances for the proper verification of data before unverified myths, start flying around about National Education statistics.

Shalom. cheesy

Which southwest state is close to Imo state?
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Gassa007: 7:22am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Let this thread serve the purpose of posterity, verification, and referral, that every Man, woman, and child citizen of Nairaland would refer their friends, business and leisure partners, as well as acquaintances for the proper verification of data before unverified myths, start flying around about National Education statistics.

Shalom. cheesy
===>COPIED
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Amoto94(m): 7:26am On Apr 28, 2017
Enebeni Vedaxcool our people are not doing bad at all in education but we are just too unfortunate with clueless leadership. Kogi shall be set free.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by ONYII4TRUT: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Gassa007:

===>COPIED

Forget them they are afraid of d igbos. In all field of endeavour the Igbo are showing them even after the huge effect of the civil war. Which state in the southwest is close to Imo state. And yet they claim to be higher in population than the igbos

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by vedaxcool(m): 7:29am On Apr 28, 2017
Amoto94:
Enebeni Vedaxcool our people are not doing bad at all in education but we are just too unfortunate with clueless leadership. Kogi shall be set free.

No they aren't just one cursed leader after another each worse than his predecessor.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Eluwilussit(m): 7:30am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

I told those mumus that more Yoruba youth were entering universities than Igbos, they were yarning okpata to me.
Even the SW states have a higher admission rate than any zone in the South. The only states that have a higher admission rate are those designated as educationally disadvantaged states, that have reserved spots, for the sake of equity.

If Kwara state was in the South East, it would rank ahead of Abia, a state with more people.... now isn't that a shocker?

Did they use the state/region of origin or the state/region of residence? That is very important. grin
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Lightening: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

You will be shocked to find out that significant percentage of the South west JAMB applicants are IBOs. Every western state has significant population of IBO's. Unless you want to argue that those western settlers travel back to the East to write their JAMB.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Amoto94(m): 7:33am On Apr 28, 2017
vedaxcool:

No they aren't just one cursed leader after another each worse than his predecessor.
Abeg do make we gather repair our state and rescue it for dimwitted fools.

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Lescott7(m): 7:34am On Apr 28, 2017
I knew the south west would be leading before checking the ranking. I'm not surprised

3 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 28, 2017
[quote author=YonkijiSappo post=55045178]

The bitter truth is that 40percent of those that

applied from ur south west are igbos no doubt that about swallow d bitter pills
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by DONGOYARO1: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Lightening:

You will be shocked to find out that significant percentage of the South west JAMB applicants are IBOs. Every western state has significant population of IBO's. Unless you want to argue that those western settlers travel back to the East to write their JAMB.
N:B I am not Yoruba, but it appears that you ibos are writing in ignorance or have just refused to accept the truth. If a ibo student who resides in Ogun state fills his jamb form, will he indicate Ogun as his state of origin or the state he comes from in the east? The application figures given in the report is based on state of origin. Read it again

3 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2017
[quote author=Tinububola121 post=55986335]I think the Igbos are ahead in education nownow

I don't want to b bais, south west state is 6 while south east state is 5, now do the

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / Kogi State University 2016/2017 Admission Thread / Father Christmas In A Primary School In Ogun State (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.