Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 (42698 Views)

See Jamb 2020 Results! / Please My Niece Has Yet To See JAMB Result. / See JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools 2017/2018 | Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by SlyCharlie(m): 1:39am On Apr 28, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Lord knows some of you people are too dumb for comfort. We're talking regions and ethnicity and you are talking about Imo state. Are Imo people not part of the SE region? Abi dem no be yeeibo again? Una like to shift goal post whenever situations don't favour you whinny lots.
That still being said.
Imo state still trounces everyother state in the survey.
Like I said earlier, fair trade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nowenuse: 1:40am On Apr 28, 2017
Kennydoc:

You may be right about the state of origin thingy. I didn't think of that, but that still doesn't cancel out the fact that the South West has 6 states while the South East has 5. Absolute population of the SW is higher than the SE. Igbos have never argued that they are more populous than Yorubas.
The average state enrolment for the SE is over 11,000 more than that of the SW. That's what will matter more to a statistician.
Moreover, a difference of less than 60,000 more enrolments over 7 years isn't a big deal, you know. Also, never forget that the SE recorded more enrolments in 2012 to 2014. It means that if the analysis had been done for only 5 years starting from 2012 to 2016, the difference might not have been significant.

SE would definitely have a higher average because it has fewer states, hence a higher chance of having more populated states considering that Yoruba and Igbo populations are almost equal.
I think the argument here is not based on states but on Yoruba and Igbo populations. So, the only way out is to add the Southwest plus parts of Kogi and Kwara against the South-east plus parts of Rivers and Delta.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Pharaoh9(m): 2:00am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

First, better life in the sense of this thread means, exploring the opportunities that they wouldn't have otherwise gotten in their own state.

To ur question:
Because of 2 reasons:
1: Your best and most intellectually sound minds emigrate
2: Poorer immigrants in any part of the world are more keen to struggle harder than resident natives already relatively better off.
In USA for example, the Nigerians are one of the more successful groups educationally, because they are coming from a poorer background. Doesn't mean Nigerians are more advanced or anything.

Imagine it yourself, if every Imo indigene stayed in Imo, does Imo state government have the capacity to build all the primary, secondary and tertiary institutions to educate them all? that is part of what they are enjoying for not living in Imo.

You just looking for cheap excuse and you contradicted your post

Number 2 is not true, Nigerians are not successful because they are from poor background, it's because they have got what it takes,
we all know that the most Nigerian immigrants in the US are from the Southern Nigeria,
Have you wondered why Nigerians made the number 1 most educated immigrants in the US but can't make top 20 most educated countries in Africa? Yes Nigeria is number 21st in the list,
If the Southern Nigeria is a country it would be the number 1
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by YonkijiSappo: 2:01am On Apr 28, 2017
Pharaoh9:

You just looking for cheap excuse and you contradicted your post

Number 2 is not true, Nigerians is not successful because they are from poor background, it's because they have got what it takes,
we all know that the most Nigerian immigrants in the US are from the Southern Nigeria,
Have you wondered why Nigerians made the number 1 most educated immigrants in the US but can't make top 20 most educated countries in Africa? Yes Nigeria is number 21st in the list,
If the Southern Nigeria is a country it would be the number 1

Don't worry, I will bring you the acceptance rates into universities of every state between 2010 and 2016, and this wll shut all ur ramblings up.
The ironic part is that it will even be worse for you than what you already have up there.

But hey!, na you wan see am.

6 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by adimsmt: 2:25am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

I told those mumus that more Yoruba youth were entering universities than Igbos, they were yarning okpata to me.
Even the SW states have a higher admission rate than any zone in the South. The only states that have a higher admission rate are those designated as educationally disadvantaged states, that have reserved spots, for the sake of equity.

If Kwara state was in the South East, it would rank ahead of Abia, a state with more people.... now isn't that a shocker?

If I may ask you this question was the illustration of the chat above, is it by tribe or just the number of the applications in each region until that is verified, that it is by tribe then I'll agree with you because the number of Igbos who sat for JAMB in other regions is higher than that of other regions who sat for the exam in Southeast.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Justiceleague1: 2:39am On Apr 28, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, imagine how dumb and stupid these people are. As if carving out another state out the current 5 in the SE would make any difference or add to their numbers. Yet they claim to be 'educated'. Gosh, see stark and buck nakeed foolishness on display.

may God save u from hypertension and high blood pressure.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by ZelibeKristien: 2:51am On Apr 28, 2017
Nebuzaradan:

insulting a tribe

cc
mynd44 lalasticlala seun

Bloodykiller, it should be almost 3am in naija but you are still on nairaland stalking people. Omenka don suffer you seriously. Lol

4 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nebuzaradan: 2:52am On Apr 28, 2017
ZelibeKristien:

Bloodykiller, it should be almost 3am in naija but you are still on nairaland stalking people. Omenka don suffer you seriously. Lol
what's this one saying?
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by ZelibeKristien: 2:53am On Apr 28, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
what's this one saying?

Bloodykiller, go and rest so you can continue your trolling job tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nebuzaradan: 2:57am On Apr 28, 2017
ZelibeKristien:

Bloodykiller, go and rest so you can continue your trolling job tomorrow.
it's a free world by the way you're free to call me any moniker of your choice cool
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by tiwiex(m): 3:56am On Apr 28, 2017
Tinububola121:
I think the Igbos are ahead in education nownow

I don't want to b bais, south west state is 6 while south east state is 5, now do the arithmeticarithmetics
You just drilled on a valid point. We need ratio to their population. Quite misleading as flat numbers.

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by ZelibeKristien: 4:36am On Apr 28, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
it's a free world by the way you're free to call me any moniker of your choice cool

Bloodykiller, you deserve a life ban from this forum. You contribute nothing to nairaland than trolling.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Arysexy(m): 5:28am On Apr 28, 2017
What are these skull miners celebrating?

That any of their self acclaimed sufferisticated states beat IMO?

That their 6 states beat 5 SE east states with 0.5% difference?

That a region with lesser population has almost equal % with a region with higher population?

That d fact that state of origin was not factored, the Igbo's in Lagos bloated d figure of Lagos state?

That the range of statistical study was just restricted to 7 years and not more?

It can only take evil wicked and illiterate mind like that of a Yoruba who believes ardently in ritual means of making money to celebrate further after d few highlighted points above.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Ghokes(m): 5:38am On Apr 28, 2017
One of the major reasons we have BH ravaging
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 5:45am On Apr 28, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
The Yoruba's owe the memory of Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Tai Solarin a whole load of gratitude for making them head starters educationally. We Igbos are also trying but we can never catch up with the great Yoruba race because the Yoruba'as are a thousand years civilisation ahead of we Igbos
Cheta is ........SMOOTH! wink wink wink
Trust u get my drift wink wink
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by koladebrainiac(m): 5:48am On Apr 28, 2017
Tinububola121:
I think the Igbos are ahead in education nownow

I don't want to b bais, south west state is 6 while south east state is 5, now do the arithmeticarithmetics
ur logic is not relevant.

most of Kwara state are yorubasn kogi too.
imagine they designate them as yorubas??
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 5:52am On Apr 28, 2017
tinz:
It's should be a shame to the west that after a whole three years of war in the east. The educational margin is almost the same. This simple shows that the east are more educational conscious than the west. Now let put it this way. Imagine how the west could have been if the war was fought in there home or the North. In all ramifications the east are and will be by far ahead of other part of the country and that sole reason is why Yorubas and northerners are so afraid of the east. Keeping them politically and economically weak
Very funny how you lots almost always salivate over fighting a war. Hahaha! Na una go first fight war? Despite loosing WW2 sorely, Germany is arguably the best economy in Europe, bro! Leave this your CIVIL WAR song, 50 years is MORE THAN ENOUGH for ANY NATION to bounce back. Think , my friend
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 5:55am On Apr 28, 2017
sorry1:
fork south!!! Yoruba(south west) would've been below. Southeast and southsouth respectively if not for the influx of igbos in Lagos!!! southwest would've been dragging the bottom list with the northerners if not for the presence of igbos in the sw.

They should've done the rankings by state of origin Let's compare!! afonjas are treacherous!
See your life OUTSIDE? Many can READ, but few can UNDERSTAND. U didn't see '....by state of origin' in the O.P's post. Shame!
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Bridget95(f): 5:56am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

I told those mumus that more Yoruba youth were entering universities than Igbos, they were yarning okpata to me.
Even the SW states have a higher admission rate than any zone in the South. The only states that have a higher admission rate are those designated as educationally disadvantaged states, that have reserved spots, for the sake of equity.

If Kwara state was in the South East, it would rank ahead of Abia, a state with more people.... now isn't that a shocker?
The way some people talk reck off reasoning. The southwest has over 30% igbo population. if the statistics is based on tribe you certainly would see the difference. you are talking about kwara,have you forgotten or ignorant that Delta, rivers,cross river and Benue has a significant igbo population?

baba goan baff!

2 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by YonkijiSappo: 5:58am On Apr 28, 2017
Bridget95:
The way some people talk reck off reasoning. The southwest has over 30% igbo population. if the statistics is based on tribe you certainly would see the difference.

Oh looord.
Did you READ The thread introduction?

Now I am actually beginning to see how much you Igbos depend so much on your population in the South West, the way every Igbo on this thread keeps talking about it.
And how can the SW have 30% Igbo population? That can't be right.

4 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by bluediesel03: 6:02am On Apr 28, 2017
MasterChen:

Lol so you think they aren't part of the clowns shouting Afonja and posting pics of Yoruba men with scarifications ?

Meehn..me no send oh. If you like, come from Jupiter, I go serve am hot if anybody tackle my ethnic group.
Bros remove one state from west and do the arithematics .....then just tell yourself the truth
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Bridget95(f): 6:04am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Oh looord.
Did you READ The thread introduction?

Now I am actually beginning to see how much you Igbos develop on your population in the South West, the way every Igbo on this thread keeps talking about it.
And how can the SW have 30% Igbo population? That can't be right.
maybe you live in Oshogbo or some remote places in Ekiti. move around and see for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by YonkijiSappo: 6:06am On Apr 28, 2017
Bridget95:
maybe you live in Oshogbo or some remote places in Ekiti. move around and see for yourself.

Eeeeh!!
They have come again o, with Number Fabrication.

SW is 30% Igbo lol.

3 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Edum13656: 6:16am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

how states in the SE, and how igbos registered in the other regions? u too na illiterate.

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by YonkijiSappo: 6:19am On Apr 28, 2017
Edum13656:

how states in the SE, and how igbos registered in the other regions? u too na illiterate.

Irrespective of wherever they register be it Pottiskum of Yikpata, the stats will point back to their REGIONS of ORIGIN and STATES. Cause they filled it in when filling the Jamb forms.... Haba!
Seriously why are many of you people so daft? Is it that y'all can't read or what?

This is called cognitive dissonance haha. You all can clearly see the figures, but your minds are telling you to make up something or not accept it due to previous erroneously held beliefs, as such you are all making up stuff to cover your disbelief. eehya.

5 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 28, 2017
sorry1:
This is the reason people like you jump up and down on why sw is always more educationally advanced than easterners right?

Consider the whole factor you Yoruba man!!! How many yorubas leave sw to ss or SE? southwesterners of Nigeria don't leave their comfort zone but easterners leave en mass to other parts of the country especially to southwest to reside Which has affected the figure.

Your stupid boasting would've been valid if the figures above was based on state of origin rather than geopolitical zones.

Start using your cone head for once!!!

There are more ibos in Lagos than in Oyo and Ogun states yet Lagos is not even close to them, so forget the issue of state of origin.

Geographically, the ibos in Lagos should have given the state a head start figure ahead of Oyo and Ogun but I'm tempted to say that the high number of ibos in Lagos doesn't translate to educational advantage to the state!

4 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by malware: 6:36am On Apr 28, 2017
hollawaley2:
hausas and book just don't relate

Yeah, we don't relate with books, we only relate with big Govermental positions.

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by GMbuharii: 6:40am On Apr 28, 2017
Nebuzaradan:

thats subway101,poweredbrew,hundredhundred,etc for u...dem don pummel am taya.. grin

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by GMbuharii: 6:42am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Irrespective of wherever they register be it Pottiskum of Yikpata, the stats will point back to their REGIONS of ORIGIN and STATES. Cause they filled it in when filling the Jamb forms.... Haba!
Seriously why are many of you people so daft? Is it that y'all can't read or what?

This is called cognitive dissonance haha. You all can clearly see the figures, but your minds are telling you to make up something or not accept it due to previous erroneously held beliefs, as such you are all making up stuff to cover your disbelief. eehya.

ogogoro@6am grin
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by AshiwajuFoward: 6:46am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Eeeeh!!
They have come again o, with Number Fabrication.

SW is 30% Igbo lol.

Na their way na. cheesy I am even surprised she was generous enough to leave us with 70%. cheesy In times past she for say yeeibo people make up more than 80% of SW population. Awon alawada kerikeri.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Obiano Directs Anambra Teachers To Resume On Monday / Bells University Lecturer Shaves A Student’s Hair In Ogun State (Photos, Video) / HARDEST MATHS Question Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.