Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,962 members, 7,852,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:36 PM

Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him (582 Views)

Shocking: Fayose Claims Chibok Girls Abduction Was Fabricated To Oust Jonathan / APC Bribed Tribunal With N23b To Oust Me – Wike / Moves To Oust Fayose Before May 29 Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him by yeswecan(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2009
A senior opposition politician in Nigeria has begun legal action to try to force the country's sick president to step down on health grounds.
President Umaru Yar'Adua has been seriously ill in hospital in Saudi Arabia for a month.
Farouk Adamu Aliyu of the All Nigeria People's Party has asked the federal high court to rule whether the president has the capacity to govern.
Doctors say President Yar'Adua is suffering from acute pericarditis.
The condition is an inflammation of the lining of the heart.
Mr Yar'Adua has not formally handed over power and as a result Nigeria is locked in a political impasse.
Wild rumours
Now Mr Aliyu has launched his court bid in order to establish three points:
whether the president's 30-day absence amounts to incapacity
whether the Nigerian government has broken the law on the issue
whether Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan can lawfully take power
The BBC's Lagos correspondent says a ruling from the court would help bring clarity to the situation in which wild rumours have swept the country.
These rumours have included claims that the president is in a coma, or that he has been struck dumb.
Ministers have said the president is responding to treatment and have asked Nigerians to pray for his recovery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8429184.stm
Re: Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2009
Let's see how long this runs for.
Re: Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him by yeswecan(m): 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2009
yeswecan:

Ministers have said the president is responding to treatment and have asked Nigerians to pray for his recovery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8429184.stm

Some are actually praying for his death.
Re: Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him by oderemo(m): 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2009
YARA KAPUT
Re: Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him by OAM4J: 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2009
Oh, there are 2 threads on the same subject.

Anyway as i said on the other thread, I thought Femi Falana already took the matter to court too. Whatever happens to his case?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-366982.0.html
Re: Yar'adua Faces Court Action To Oust Him by fredostika(m): 11:55pm On Dec 23, 2009
I am sorry for the president I just thank God that things are moving on fine with my family with or without him

(1) (Reply)

Hp Camera 'can't Recognise Black Faces! - BBC / Potential Candidates For Nigeria's Next Leader / Which Is More Preferable Now?obasanjo Or Yar'adua And Give Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.