Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23502 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
Afam4eva:

I don't know when speaking English came to mean being intelligent. Writing an epistle such as this does not add any ounce of intelligence on your part, it just takes a single sentence to expose what is wrong with our dear country.

You say Urhobo/Isokoland is added to the proposed Biafra. Added by who if i may ask? Pls tell me, because i've seen different versions of the Biafran map drawn by different people to massage their utopian cravings. It's normal for people to speak based on their understanding on issues and it should not be seen as a collective acceptance of such cravings.

I'm not a PRO Biafrran person myself but you people just whip of the most stupid defence ever in a bid to make sense but you fail woefully. kai.

Even you too?

So you are telling me you are not aware that IPOB's official map covers Urhoboland in Delta State?

Or has IPOB officially debunked the map?

Continue. No problem.

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by LoveDecay(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
fratermathy:

Even you too?

So you are telling me you are not aware that IPOB's official map covers Urhoboland in Delta State?

Continue. No problem.

The Niger-Delta will never be part of your insignificant entity.

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
fratermathy:

Even you too?

Continue. No problem.
Let me correct some impression that some people have.

IPOB is not the official body of Biafran matters. MASSOB was there before IPOB. These are just bodies that fighting towards the same goal, though how they choose to go about it is not exactly the same. There's no prooof that the map you just provided is the official map of Biafra (Whatever that even means). Even if it is, like i said, IPOB is noot the official body for Biafran affairs. Different people and groups present what they think is the map of Biafra but that doesn't make the map accurate. Infact, there's no accurate map for Biafra until a referendum is carried out. So, it's not wise to just pick a map and claim that Igbos are trying to drak Urhobo land into Biafra.

I apologize if my previous comment came out a little strong.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by paschu: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
You are really daring, albeit so foolhardy.

LoveDecay:

The Niger-Delta will never be part of your insignificant entity.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by SlayerForever: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
[s]
fratermathy:

Even you too?

Continue. No problem.
[/s]

Guy have sense na. Which one is IPoB official map? At one time you sound grown up,at another you sound like a small boy. What is the meaning of this nonsense you call official map now? This map predates IPoB and upon that can never be an official map because the proposed new Biafran territory encompasses SE,SS and the Idoma/Igala just beyond the northern fringes of Igboland. Fratermathy stop all these childish antics. It's getting real stale.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
Afam4eva:

Let me correction some impression that some people have.

IPOB is not the official body of Biafran matters. MASSOB was there before IPOB. These are just bodies that fighting towards the same goal, though how they choose to go about it is not exactly the same. There's no prooof that the map you just provided is the official map of Biafra (Whatever that even means). Even if it is, like i said, IPOB is noot the official body for Biafran affairs. Different people and groups present what they think is the map of Biafra but that doesn't make the map accurate. Infact, there's no accurate map for Biafra until a referendum is carried out. So, it's not wise to just pick a map and claim that Igbos are trying to drak Urhobo land into Biafra.

I apologize if my previous comment came out a little strong.

No problem. You have spoken wisely ^^^. I get the point.

The truth is that my intent wasn't to ridicule Igbo but to pose my issues with IPOB's method.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
SlayerForever:

Guy have sense na. Which one is IPoB official map? At one time you sound grown up,at another you sound like a small boy. What is the meaning of this nonsense you call official map now? This map predates IPoB and upon that can never be an official map because the proposed new Biafran territory encompasses SE,SS and the Idoma/Igala just beyond the northern fringes of Igboland. Fratermathy stop all these childish antics. It's getting real stale.

ona onwe gi!

You've only confirmed my point & even extended the ethnic reach to the Middle Belt!
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by paschu: 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Beware of self-delusion. It's never too far away from ego-centric intellectualism.A sincere advice from a geniune well-wisher.

fratermathy:

The truth is that my intent wasn't to ridicule Igbo but to pose my issues with IPOB's method.

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by unstableaswater: 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
fratermathy:

As an Urhobo man, u share border with Igbo, Itsekiri, Ijaw and Bini, Biafra or no Biafra, they are ur neighbors permanently, this is y many of us here dont get ur fears. Is it today that u have been living with Igbos?

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by SlayerForever: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
fratermathy:

ona onwe gi!

You've only confirmed my point & even extended the ethnic reach to the Middle Belt!

Ona onwe gi does not mean anything young man. I didn't confirm anything. I pointed out your tomfoolery in using a map that predates and is unconnected to IPoB to argue against IPoB.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by unstableaswater: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
As 4 map, to be honest nobody knows exactly how Biafra will look or the groups that will form Biafra until a referendum is held.
Biafra has the potential to incorporate the SS/ Christian Middle-belt or just Igbos, we dont know yet. That map u posted is not Official.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
paschu:
Beware of self-delusion. It's never too far away from ego-centric intellectualism.A sincere advice from a geniune well-wisher.

Nothing from you on nairaland is sincere and this is not an advice. Self-delusion is the only reason why others would want unrelated groups in their cause.

Nye ndumodu onwe gi mbu.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
SlayerForever:

Ona onwe gi does not mean anything young man. I didn't confirm anything. I pointed out your tomfoolery in using a map that predates and is unconnected to IPoB to argue against IPoB.

At least, I tried in my amateurish Igbo.

I wanted to say "suit yourself".

My comment also applies to your last post.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by paschu: 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thank you.

fratermathy:

Nothing from you on nairaland is sincere and this is not an advice. Self-delusion is the only reason why others would want unrelated groups in their cause.

Nye ndumodu onwe gi mbu.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 12:46am On Apr 03, 2017
unstableaswater:

As an Urhobo man, u share border with Igbo, Itsekiri, Ijaw and Bini, Biafra or no Biafra, they are ur neighbors permanently, this is y many of us here dont get ur fears. Is it today that u have been living with Igbos?

Although already addressed by some, my main issue is with the addition of neighbouring groups/minorities in the IPOB Biafran agenda. Rebuttals of this act have to be made otherwise it would be perceived as the wish of the people when it's not.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by khSteel: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2017
OPCNAIRALAND:
[/s]

I dont have time for your wailing. The ethnic struggle in Nigeria is competition for political supremacy. You loose some, you gain some.

If Yoruba block your gains its not because of hatred, devise a way to outsmart Yoruba next time. Stop the whining and complain, and if outsmarting Yoruba is not possible then accept your losses, and if thats still unbearable then separate from Yoruba completely.

You cannot evangelize for biafran referendum with mouth but everyday pack your people into bus and wagons and migrate out of biafra into Yorubaland....that's self-hate, and that's the root of your many problems .....but you mis-diagnosed it a Yoruba hatred!

I am not surprised. That has always been the TRUE NATURE OF YOUR PEOPLE.
Always propagating HATE and BIGOTRY under the covers of a useless narrative.

We are currently seeing this attribute in your representative at Big Brother Naija, where Bisola is constantly HATING on fellow housemates for NO reason at all but will always come out with useless narrative that it's not HATE, it's her LOUD and AGGRESSIVE Nature.

That's why weeks ago, one Yoruba radio presenter on a sport programme went on air to propagate hate (condemn/run-him-down) against Kelechi Iheanacho while hiding under the useless narrative that Kelechi Iheanacho doesn't have football sense yet he praised everything about Arsenal' Alex Iwobi on the same radio program. Can't he praise everything Alex Iwobi and simply keep Kelechi Iheanacho out of his mouth?
This is the same thing your people did to Mikel Obi and Tayie Taiwo/Rabiu Lukman, thank God Mikel Obi has proven you all wrong a billion times over.

Could you please tell us & the world the political position and struggles that the Yoruba radio presenter had with Mikel Obi and Kelechi Iheanacho that they had to go on air to propagate such HATE against these fine Igbo gentlemen?

Keep HATING. I never expected you to reason like a human being, this is exactly why some of us truly want out of Nigeria. There's really no point being in a country where you can't reason with your fellow countrymen.

BTW, I have nothing against your people, BUT I understand the thought pattern and manipulations of your leaders very well...

Enjoy your day!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by khSteel: 7:46am On Apr 03, 2017
fratermathy:

We have said it times without number that we never requested for any referendum and therefore we are not interested in it.

Keep your referendum to yourselves. Even if we are voting in a referendum, the choice isn't between Nigeria and Biafra but between Nigeria and our own country. How hard is that to understand? Must you annexe us in your proposed referendum? As far as I am concerned, your referendum will NEVER be a reality unless you limit it to your borders.

That everyone is tired of the Nigerian marriage doesn't mean everyone wants Biafra as an exit plan. We have already openly rejected Biafra officially. Our leaders have said NO on our behalf. What more do you need? You want to force all of us to vote in your referendum? We are not zombies. We have to ask for one. We have to start a movement for a referendum by ourselves. Urhobo is a nation of over 2.5 million people and if a referendum is what we need, more than half of us would be at the forefront of the struggle. It's that simple!!!

Khsteel: I have seen your comments and I am not going to respond to some of the emotional outbursts you resorted to. You said I had something in mind when I opened this thread and you are very correct. I assumed the worst of IPOB Igbos due to me history with them online and they didn't prove me wrong on this thread. However, I acknowledge that you tried to address the issues very well and I appreciate that. You've done far better on this thread than what most of your people have ever done on Nairaland. If I were you, I would caution your brethren to be careful of the words they use, especially with regards to other people's ethnicity. If Hausas come today and insist that Igbos must take a referendum between Nigeria and Niger republic when you did not ask for one, what would the Igbos do? How would you feel? That is exactly how we feel!

The maps peddled by IPOB and some Igbos as the real map of Biafra contains the territories of minorities who have never granted permission to their inclusion in these maps and they have not officially come out to say that they are interested in Biafra. In the history of the Biafran struggle, no minority has been at the frontline. All the propagandists are Igbos. No minority group has openly come out, even in the form of small groups, to pledge loyalty to Biafra. What we have always asked for is the restructuring of Nigeria to give more voice to the minorities in heading their own affairs and controlling their own resources. That remains our wish and you guys know this. So forcing us to undertake a referendum we did not ask for is tantamount to taking away our right to self-determination HOWEVER WE SEE FIT!

I am an advocate for a referendum on the choice between Nigeria and Urhobo Nation or any coalition between MINORITY GROUPS. However my people have not said anything of such or made any request of that nature and so I cannot force my wish on my people. That is how things are done. When my people are ready, we will have our referendum (if at all it gets to that) and BIAFRA won't be on the table as a choice!!!

Gini mere i ji na-amanye onwe gi na a ndị mmadu na-enweghi mmasị? Eziokwu!

Everything to you is emotional response, how so?
Even with details of the sequence of events and verifiable evidences.

Like I said earlier, Lower Niger Congress (LNC) does not enjoy massive support from the Igbos majorly because of it's expanded map. However, they are the only vehicle currently with the mandate to organize a REFERENDUM within their listed areas which they are currently mobilizing for.

IPOB has not identified with that referendum, I don't know the plans of IPOB with respect to organizing a referendum; but I suspect it may soon go solicit for a mandate to organize it's referendum

Like I said before, we Igbos TRULY have ZERO interest in forming a new country with the following groups: Edos, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws, Ikwerres, Ogonis, etc.

What majority of Igbos truly want as the new Biafran country is all PROUD Igbo groups in SE & SS/Niger-Delta and maybe our good neighbours in present day Akwa Ibom and Cross River States.

Like I also said earlier, I understand that a large section of groups in Cross River & Akwa Ibom States identifies with Biafra; however, if the majority of people of the groups in present day Cross River & Akwa Ibom States wish to have nothing to do with Biafra, then we Igbos should stick to the attached map clearly showing all PROUD Igbolands.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Olu317(m): 8:29am On Apr 03, 2017
fratermathy:

You see, I have no problem with trying to woo minorities into the struggle. What I do have a problem with is HOW they have been doing it. They have not engaged the minorities in any way or given them reasons to trust their motives. When members of the minorities accost them, they end up insulting the entire ethnic group for it. Such a shame! Get ready to see more of them troop in and instead of discussing my detribalized issues accordingly, they would attack me, Urhobo nation, SSners, and even Hausa-Yoruba!

I raised this issue in point 3 of my article. I really want an enlightened Igbo to address the concerns. Not for me only but for all to see.

I feel you needn't engage everyone based on your assertion because your view is quite elaborate and outrightly true. Let the participants debate it out and watch out it turn out. The reality is that the minorities in the core SS want their own identity retained. And the oil in SS won't want the oil minorities owners go with anybody unless their right is maintained and protected. After all, there are countries in the whole world with less than 500,000 inhabitants. So, why expansionist theories by some people? Anyway, it's only POSSIBLE ON THE INTERNET but in REAL LIFE? IT IS A NO GO AREA.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Kfed4ril(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
fratermathy:

We have not complained, have we? The so-called Southern Cameroonians are living their lives and you are here comparing another ethnicity with them.

If rejecting Biafra means we have to suffer for the consequences, so be it!

By the way, NO ONE has responded to the issues I raised.

Mr urhobo, we don't need you or any other minority tribes, we are just saying that when the time comes we not leave our Igbo brother in the south south, be it anioma or in rivers. Simple as abc

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 2:11am On Apr 12, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Mr urhobo, we don't need you or any other minority tribes, we are just saying that when the time comes we not leave our Igbo brother in the south south, be it anioma or in rivers. Simple as abc

Noted.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by oyatz(m): 6:20am On Aug 16, 2017
Who drew the 'pre-Lugardian' map and for what purposes?
Were the indigenes peoples consulted before including their homesteads in such maps?
What's the difference between that 'pre-lagardian' map and Nigeria?

DocHMD:

Kanu did not add the minorities in the Biafra map by fiat, he simply did his research as a scholar in history (he has a UK degree in history) and took the map of Biafra AS IT WAS IN OLD JOURNALS even before Lugard was born and simply reproduced for rest of humanity to see.

Kanu did not add or subtract from the pre-lugardian Biafra map which is found in old geography and history journals, as old as 200 years ago. I'm sure you've seen the pre-lugardian map of Biafra but turned a blind eye to it. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Ojukwu, Others Form Mega Party / NLC: I Was Beaten, God Must’ve Taken Time To Create Me – Ajaero Narrates Ordeal / FG To Build 94 Ranches In 10 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.