Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... (1640 Views)

Have You Broken Up With Someone Because Of Difference In Religion? / My Girlfriend Has Finally Left Me To Another Guy. / Should Difference In Religion Be A Deal-breaker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by sambas: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
I am in love with this very lady
who has all the qualities I have
always dreamt of and I always
feel that I hit a jackpot with her.
However, there is one problem. She is a Muslim while I am a Christian. I didn’t take this whole religion thing seriously because I believe in God but I am not religious but my parents are, so I assumed there
shouldn’t be a problem cos i am the one marrying her. So try to understand my shock when she claimed that she would only accept to marry me if I converted to Islam. At first, I didn’t take it seriously but she seems to be serious. I love her and I do not want to lose her, but I also don’t want to change my religion. I feel that changing to a religion that I don’t know takes away so many things from me. I also do not want to disappoint my parents who are staunch Christians. Thus, I have told her countless times that she can practice her religion while i practice mine, she refused. I don’t want
to lose this woman but she seems determined to let the relationship end if I don’t convert, what can I do?
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by professorfal: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
Respect her decision, move to the next.........

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by sirusX(m): 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
I dunno much about the muslim's stance on marrying out their daughters to christians

You need to pray for strength cz this is not the easiest of situations

Most times you need to get acceptance from her, as well as your parents and hers

As you're decided upon practising your religion, so is she...and even in the compromise, she has stamped her foot down and wouldn't accept marrying and being in different religions

She might end up forcing your hand into conversion as you say you're not too religious...and you focused more on not disappointing your parents

They say it's best to always find out these things as soon as you pick an interest in someone and start dating, else why bother nurturing feelings and emotions if there is no future in the relationship

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by yomi007k(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
She neva reach 30.

Move on bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by obiorathesubtle: 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
cheesy

hmmm..

Cut off your left arm.. Then convert to Islam, marry her, attach the arm back and you now have a left Christian arm and a right Muslim arm..

Follow your destiny from there..

Goodbye..
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by sambas: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
obiorathesubtle:
cheesy

hmmm..

Cut off your left arm.. Then convert to Islam, marry her, attach the arm back and you now have a left Christian arm and a right Muslim arm..

Follow your destiny from there..

Goodbye..
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by dingbang(m): 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
If someone can jilt you because you both don't attend the same church, he/she can jilt you for any other reason.. And am not referring only to the op..
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by sambas: 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
dingbang:
If someone can jilt you because you both don't attend the same church, he/she can jilt you for any other reason.. And am not referring only to the op..
Word but i really love this lady.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by donolatunji(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
So Far She Said She Can't Marry You Because Of A Religious Reason,It Really Means You Guys Aren't Destined Regardless Of The Amount Of Love You've Gat For Her.
But If You Do Strong Head And Marry Her,You Have Alot Of Consequencies To Bear Oh.
Because You Can't Expect Your Parents To Love Like Before And For Some Crazy Parent,They'll Disown You Ni.
I Think I Said It All.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by lordOM(m): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Do not ever consider converting to another religion cos you are the head of the home and if by mistake you do that consider yourself the wife.It's never healthy for a couple to be practising different religion,if she loves you,she will convert.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Frolic: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nothing. Just let her go, you lots are incompatible as it is...
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Stevengerd(m): 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
This Op Dull Olohun (No Vex) Whc Kind Yeye Love Gan. So B4 She Can Accept Ur Marriage Proposal, U Must Convert To Islam. And U Stil Saying Love. That Nt Love Bro! There Are Alot Of Fishes In The River. Am Sure Dis Lady Already Has Sum1 She Want To Marry. Shez Just Wasting Ur Tyme!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by nezer83: 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
My Brother, your life your choice and your destiny. It's a two thing which u must follow one, it's either u follow her or she follows your way. Think deeply, make a choice and move on with ur life. Goodluck.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
sambas:
I am in love with this very lady
who has all the qualities I have
always dreamt of and I always
feel that I hit a jackpot with her.
However, there is one problem. She is a Muslim while I am a Christian. I didn’t take this whole religion thing seriously because I believe in God but I am not religious but my parents are, so I assumed there
shouldn’t be a problem cos i am the one marrying her. So try to understand my shock when she claimed that she would only accept to marry me if I converted to Islam. At first, I didn’t take it seriously but she seems to be serious. I love her and I do not want to lose her, but I also don’t want to change my religion. I feel that changing to a religion that I don’t know takes away so many things from me. I also do not want to disappoint my parents who are staunch Christians. Thus, I have told her countless times that she can practice her religion while i practice mine, she refused. I don’t want
to lose this woman but she seems determined to let the relationship end if I don’t convert, what can I do?
You know how zealous Muslims are and you went ahead and dated one huh? Better you convert
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by sambas: 5:08am On Mar 30, 2017
Nma27:
You know how zealous Muslims are and you went ahead and dated one huh? Better you convert
Convert? No
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 30, 2017
She never actually loved you.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by ksticksz(m): 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
yomi007k:
She neva reach 30.

Move on bro.
Abi nah...she go learn soon
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by arowz56(m): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
M
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by AryEmber(f): 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2018
Move on please, let her be and both of you will find the right person.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by chiommy123(f): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
I would've said you change if both are Christians and you're not a serious Christian but Muslim things dey fear me. I think you're considering it cos you don't have stand just that your parents are serious Christians
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Chubhie: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
If you both can't raise above religious dogma, It's in the best interest of both parties to surrender to the religious difference.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by amaniro: 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
The girl is fuvcking too religious. She might have a side alhaji while married to you grin

My advice, cut the bitch off
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by amaniro: 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
sambas:
Convert? No

Don't convert, she isn't even meant for you. I heard of a Muslim girl that ran away with her Christian boyfriend and she converted. Your chick is not serious
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Quality20(m): 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2018
Islam and Christianity are both abrahamic religions. So if she and her parents insist on u changing to Islam, why not? Just change. But before u change take time to study Islamic religious belief and d Quran and others. There are many Islamic resources online for u to download and
learn. Just google it. Happy union and marriage in advance
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Originalsly: 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
Be not unequally yoked...as a Christian...you should know that...that's the advice from the Bible. I'm almost sure the Quran has pretty much the same. She is standing fast...no shaking.... the writing is on the wall....move on.
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by Learnstuffs: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
Even though I am a non practicing Christian, I cannot change to any religion because of a woman
Re: My Girlfriend Differs In Religion. What Should I Do ... by mikkyjagga1(m): 2:09am On Oct 29, 2018
You are about to be islamized, you are not a Christian cos you don't have a conviction.
Maybe this is the time to take a stand on your believe.

(1) (Reply)

Man Blasted On Facebook After Posting Photos Of Him Kissing A Teenager / Modified / I Came Across This Picture With This Interestin Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.