Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,737 members, 7,955,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions (13131 Views)

Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes / Low Engine Power In Your Car? These Are Some Likely Reasons / When An Engine "Knocks" - These Are Some Likely Causes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by LeonMacJames(m): 8:06am On Mar 30, 2017
Whizpeter:
*In Kazeem's Voice*

Oga na the thermostat, I go commot the thermostat and the matter go solve! cheesy cheesy

In kazeem's voice,

"to carry new chinko thermostat, dat one be tiri tasàn,
Second hand one na ,four tasán,
Follow come, na Nine5
Original come be sis tasàn fife.
Workmanship be uuuuhnnn, elewun tàusán pèré.. "

1 Like

Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by AareOgbuefi: 8:13am On Mar 30, 2017
ayantaiwo:

If your car overheat when ac is on, check your radiator water level might be low

I'm having the same problem and it's not the water level
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by Whizpeter(m): 8:16am On Mar 30, 2017
LeonMacJames:
In kazeem's voice,
"to carry new chinko thermostat, dat one be tiri tasàn, Second hand one na ,four tasán, Follow come, na Nine5 Original come be sis tasàn fife. Workmanship be uuuuhnnn, elewun tàusán pèré.. "

Lol... Kazeem don show you pepper!
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 8:41am On Mar 30, 2017
PaperLace:

Which day we go be like you na? I dey hail o...
Like yesterday cos na woman like you born me..I hail U back
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 8:42am On Mar 30, 2017
AareOgbuefi:

I'm having the same problem and it's not the water level
Check if your thermostat is working . Rubish and dirty Job but if you can get your hands dirty then you are good to go
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by AareOgbuefi: 8:55am On Mar 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Check if your thermostat is working . Rubish and dirty Job but if you can get your hands dirty then you are good to go

Kazeems have removed it joor, it only overheats when the Ac is on and I'm on high speed
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2017
AareOgbuefi:

Kazeems have removed it joor, it only overheats when the Ac is on and I'm on high speed
Do you know how to bleed your radiator ? You can check if your water pump is working or not with that.
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by miqos02(m): 9:36am On Mar 30, 2017
soberdrunk:
I remember one time my car overheated in the middle of nowhere, i couldnt find water so i called my mechanic and the guy wowed me with a "magic trick", "he asked me to put on the ac, increase the temperature to the highest and increase the fan speed to the highest", like magic the temperature dropped in no time and i was able to drive all the way home, i still don't understand the science behind that trick?? angry
heard this too
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by miqos02(m): 9:39am On Mar 30, 2017
mummyson26:
Flat gasket can cause overeating too
hw can one confirm this?
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by miqos02(m): 9:44am On Mar 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Do you know how to bleed your radiator ? You can check if your water pump is working or not with that.
my car do overheats once in a while, the fan is always working and the coolant level is also in order, what could be the cause?
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by honmusa(m): 9:47am On Mar 30, 2017
miqos02:
hw can one confirm this?
Gasket doesn't just become worn ,it still a symptom of a hidden issue that has caused overheating and resulted to the gasket to be worn .
If you need to confirm the status of your gasket ,u need to get to a tech shop to perform a diagnostics compression test to ascertain the condition of your gasket.
Mind you ,a compression test equipment is not within the reach of ordinary road mechanic .
If you are in Lagos ,call autologic @ 08061166316 for this test and to resolve your overheating issue with guarantee.
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by honmusa(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2017
miqos02:
my car do overheats once in a while, the fan is always working and the coolant level is also in order, what could be the cause?
what is your vehicle model .
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 9:59am On Mar 30, 2017
miqos02:
Do you know if your water pump is working ? ?
Don't 4get the fan do not cool the engine but the coolant does.
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by miqos02(m): 10:01am On Mar 30, 2017
honmusa:
what is your vehicle model .
golf 3 sir
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2017
honmusa:

Gasket doesn't just become worn ,it still a symptom of a hidden issue that has caused overheating and resulted to the gasket to be worn .
If you need to confirm the status of your gasket ,u need to get to a tech shop to perform a diagnostics compression test to ascertain the condition of your gasket.
Mind you ,a compression test equipment is not within the reach of ordinary road mechanic .
If you are in Lagos ,call autologic @ 08061166316 for this test and to resolve your overheating issue with guarantee.
Bro quick one . Is there any overheating problem that won't pose a physical symptom ?
PS. Cracked engine wall . I dred that
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by AareOgbuefi: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2017
erico2k2:

I don't know, can I call you plz, your number?
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by honmusa(m): 10:35am On Mar 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Bro quick one . Is there any overheating problem that won't pose a physical symptom ?
PS. Cracked engine wall . I dred that
Depending on the severity of the overheating condition. We have cases of overheating condition that happened to a lady Honda that was so severed that all the coil got burnt ,gasket has already fried up and the coolant is already seeping though the cylinders .
So it possible for the engine to develop crack if the overheating is very severed especially if the engine block is aluminum .
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2017
honmusa:

Depending on the severity of the overheating condition. We have cases of overheating condition that happened to a lady Honda that was so severed that all the coil got burnt ,gasket has already fried up and the coolant is already seeping though the cylinders .
So it possible if the overheating is very severed especially if the engine block is aluminum .
Oh boi . The light on her dash must ha e been flashing like disco lights but she took no notice . grin grin
One of my Engines died like this on my E46 back in the days.The head got fried .
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2017
AareOgbuefi:

I don't know, can I call you plz, your number?
Sorry bro not in 9ja but call GAZZUZ or honmusa .they are capable hands . They will sort you out
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by desmond249(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2017
We are into auto diagnostic equipment, scanners,key programmer, ecu programmer,car trackers etc. we also offer training services and after sales service.
Contact us 08034636279,08100981296. www.masquest.net
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by desmond249(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2017
Nice
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by desmond249(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2017
We are into auto diagnostic equipment, scanners,key programmer, ecu programmer,car trackers etc. we also offer training services and after sales service.
Contact us 08034636279,08100981296. www.Masquest.
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by desmond249(m): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2017
Contact us 08034636279,08100981296. www.masquest.net
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by Justbeu(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2017
My car did dis to me on Monday, so pls be sure to wait for about 30minute before u open ur Radiator cap.....#talkingfromxperience.

Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by erico2k2(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
Justbeu:
My car did dis to me on Monday, so pls be sure to wait for about 30minute before u open ur Radiator cap.....#talkingfromxperience.
Sorry bro this is highly graphic . One should always wait for for thee Engine to cool down a bit b4 venturing to open your radiator cover and at that you are meant 2 open in sequence with a wet rag on top .

1 Like

Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by honmusa(m): 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
miqos02:
golf 3 sir
how often do u top up the coolant.
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by miqos02(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
honmusa:

how often do u top up the coolant.
i check everytime to see the level and once it goes the normal gauge, I top it
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by miqos02(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Justbeu:
sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by honmusa(m): 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
miqos02:
i check everytime to see the level and once it goes the normal gauge, I top it
call me @ 08061166316 ,let troubleshoot together .
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by Originalsly: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
Just a layman when it comes to cars... but along the way when an overheating problem comes ...and the temp needle is moving up... this is what I do....
1. ... switch on the heat and fan to the max..... the needle begins to come down
2..... slow down and park as soon as possible
3.....open the hood to allow the heat to escape
4.....check to see if the fan is working
5....check under the engine to see if any coolant is leaking
6....check to see if the top hose from the radiator leading to the engine is round or flattened due to suction... which would indicate there is blockage somewhere
7.....feel the same hose which should also not be hot since it should be taking cool coolant from the radiator to cool the engine. Bad radiator?...experts will say.
8.....turn off engine.... allow to cool some... check hose connections see if tight... and condition of hoses... cracked?.. cuts?...leaking?
9...... when cool... gently open radiator cover with the expectation that the coolant would be steaming hot and under pressure.
10.....when cool...turn engine on, heater on to the max... and slowly add coolant until full.
11..... at a certain temoerature.... the thermostat should open and allow the coolant to begin circulating. Looking in the radiator... the coolant should not be sitting but begin to flow and the fan should come on. The radiator cap should then be put back on.
12.... fan, not enough coolant , thermostat, leaking or blocked hose... main culprits.... but what do I know?...layman.
Re: Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions by miqos02(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
honmusa:

call me @ 08061166316 ,let troubleshoot together .
thanks boss, I will call tomorrow nite

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves / As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / What Are The Pros, Cons And Costs Of Buying Salvaged Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.