Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay (31197 Views)

Senate Insists On Not Considering Buhari’s Nominees / Nigeria's Unity Not Negotiable Senate Insists (Video) / We Have Role To Play In Melaye’s Recall Process, Senate Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ALAYORMII: 8:27am On Mar 30, 2017
We've never had it this bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by obembet(f): 8:28am On Mar 30, 2017
Gbam!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by assana: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2017
grin I dey like dis kia fight grin

#next poster has something better to say#
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 30, 2017
the problem here is not the Constitution but the interpretation,the entire section 88 of the Nigerian constitution talks on this issue, I would very much like our learned friends on this forum to interpret the entire section including paragraphs 1 (a,b) and 2 (a,b)
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by brainpower(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2017
He whom the gods wants to kill, they first of all make him mad. Buhari, caution your appointees on the kind of comment they make.

No appointee who claims to love you will make inflammatory comments to any Nigerian not especially the senate even if they are bad.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by DollarAngel(m): 8:30am On Mar 30, 2017
OKAY
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Ngokafor(f): 8:30am On Mar 30, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
exactly,
If it was in military regime, by now saraki and dino would have be in dungeon.
So my friend, ngeneukwenu should not blame buhari becos of democracy and rule of law.

..If it were during the Military era,by now buhari/Osibanjo would have long been over-thrown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Goke7: 8:30am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

That is what the executivee want you to believe, and sorry to say. You fall for it! Of all the allegations, which of them is true?The presidency want an executive power that wont be possible in a Democratic setting. Why aren't the president responded to the allegations against is untouchable aid. Magu is a bait, Nigerians need a Ribadu and not a political office holder. Ali and Magu should resign

and you think this present senate will also confirm a ribadu? you must be joking!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by otokx(m): 8:32am On Mar 30, 2017
Bruce Lee has been quiet of late even as Bayelsa civil servants remain unpaid for over 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by 0b10010011: 8:32am On Mar 30, 2017

Blood of Tiwa Savage

!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by thunder74(m): 8:33am On Mar 30, 2017
The beauty of a normal and peaceful society is the respect for constituted authorities and rule of laws. Sagay does not have the power to insult the Senate by calling them rogues, childish and congregation of people with questionable characters nor does he has the power to refuse to attend the summon.

Many times, police (executive) has invited innocent citizens, even charged them to court for committing no offence. Are we now saying we should all be resisting the invitations of the members of the executive like police, efcc, DSS etc bc we think we have not done anything wrong or we are above the law?

The president derives his power and authorities from us today because we respect his office and once he is out of the place, the respect is shifted to the person occupying the office.

The Senate is an institution and we should not destroy it because we do not like some people there now or because the executive we have now does not want anybody to check their excesses.

Whatever we permit will increase

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by kinibigdeal(m): 8:34am On Mar 30, 2017
Goke7:

and you think this present senate will also confirm a ribadu? you must be joking!

Those fighting Magu are not the senate but some powerful force in the presidency

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by 2016v2017: 8:35am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

If we allow the presidency to ridicule the senate, Nigerians are dead. If not for this senate, the executives would have sold us out. If the senate and the presidency agrees often, then we are all dead. There must be check and balance
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by abacus(m): 8:36am On Mar 30, 2017
ProudBornoBoy:
#Democracy is a curse to Africa..... All politician over 50yrs of age should be killed..... make youths rule
meanwhile

Dino nko?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by hardbody: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2017
sharpden:

So if it were in military regime, you will tell them that they can't summon you? This democracy set!

Bros borrow brain or buy. In a military setting you do not have legislators, laws are not made by parliament but rather by military fiat called Decrees.

How old are you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by mjabdulk: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2017
the movie just begins we shall know the actor and the boss in the end of it in the nearest future, by the Creator's grace
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Nwachineke1980: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2017
They don't have the right to summon you but u are free to insult them.I blame Saraki for all this.If he had stood his ground from the beginning, the senate would not have been turned into a laughing stock.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by discusant: 8:39am On Mar 30, 2017
Sagay is eating from Buhari government. He and other like-minds are bent on making Buhari another Idi Amin of Nigeria.

But for the sagacity in politics displayed by Saraki-Ekweremadu group in conducting election into the principal offices of the Senate, Nigeria must have become another Uganda under Idi Amin.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ikp120(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2017
PMBNG:

Unless Sagay is not being paid from the National Treasury then he might escape a little, even at that the words he used are insulting and he should be cautioned.

If those insulting APC elected officials can land in jail then Sagay should not be left out, all this people Buhari surrounded himself with are creating more problems for him.

If its not your preferred candidates are key officials in the Senate, you don't ridicule them, you claim they are men with questionable character, how? You claim they are corrupt why not probe them? Even if you probe them what right have you to judge them as corrupt when you're not a competent court of law?

To me, Sagay should be bundled and tied up by Dino Melaye, the Senate should not order for police to arrest him, they have the able-bodied mafia to do that.

The other day it was Ali, followed by Lawal, now na Sagay.

Nonsense.

Thing like this makes me remember Jonathan, GEJ we are really sorry.

Hypocrisy is when you read one part and skip the other parts you don't like.

Didn't you read the part that limited the powers of the Senate. Go back and read it again with understanding and thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by lionson(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2017
My dear prof. You'll eat the humble pie soon. When you call your senators names it is equally a reflection of who you are. I believe there is someone from your senatorial zone.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by KingRex1(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2017
PMBNG:

Unless Sagay is not being paid from the National Treasury then he might escape a little, even at that the words he used are insulting and he should be cautioned.

If those insulting APC elected officials can land in jail then Sagay should not be left out, all this people Buhari surrounded himself with are creating more problems for him.

If its not your preferred candidates are key officials in the Senate, you don't ridicule them, you claim they are men with questionable character, how? You claim they are corrupt why not probe them? Even if you probe them what right have you to judge them as corrupt when you're not a competent court of law?

To me, Sagay should be bundled and tied up by Dino Melaye, the Senate should not order for police to arrest him, they have the able-bodied mafia to do that.

The other day it was Ali, followed by Lawal, now na Sagay.

Nonsense.

Thing like this makes me remember Jonathan, GEJ we are really sorry.
He said some obvious truths, though without proof.
Someone has to call this senate to order, and if u try using due process, you're only wasting your time. Ndume did nothing wrong, he only asked that they be probed, yet he was suspended.
The senate are misusing power

3 Likes

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Asebaba1(m): 8:40am On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
oga professor your boss Buhari have sent the vice president and other ministers to go and beg saraki

stop bragging Fulanis will always make your certificate useless
Todayboy still a boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by intruxive(m): 8:41am On Mar 30, 2017
Evil thrives only when men of good will say or do nothing. The senatr has met its match in buharri and his appointees. Lets see how they go about trying to sack all buharis staff and like someone said yesterday "shut down the government of nigeria" laughing in swahili grin

2 Likes

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 30, 2017
thanks sir, they dnt even no anythn abt constitu
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by texazzpete(m): 8:42am On Mar 30, 2017
sharpden:

So if it were in military regime, you will tell them that they can't summon you? This democracy set!

How would you have a Senate and House of Reps in a military regime?

Sometimes THINK about things before you write them.

2 Likes

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by jericco1(m): 8:42am On Mar 30, 2017
He certainly knows his onions

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by rahman25: 8:42am On Mar 30, 2017
As for I don't pity the executives at all. If Buhari had acted when he suppose to,all this will not be happening right now. He never knew that in politics for you to achieve anything you must have your own people in the right place at the right time. It's just a pity that the anti corruption fight might not record much success as we all expected. I believe Buhari still needs training from Asiwaju and OBJ.

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by bettercreature(m): 8:42am On Mar 30, 2017
fakeprophet:
aswear Buhari is the most weakest president in the history of this country, how on earth will he let rogues, criminals, fraudsters, impostors, ground his government without bringing them down to their toes, impeach mr clown, the face of corruption called saraki wih just five to six signature of other senators, and by prohibiting those loyal to him gaining entrances to the house with the present of military personnel, normalcy will return
Pmb is frustrating all APC faithful at the moment he is clueless and his government has been hijacked

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Armstrong34(m): 8:43am On Mar 30, 2017
Pls how come nobody is talkin abt Implementation of our National Budget herecheesy

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by deebsman1(m): 8:43am On Mar 30, 2017
Honestly, and d truth was Buhari played the political card of allowing saraki to b sp simply becus they wanted to check BAT as of then now d real bad boy is showing himself. With that over ambitious guy remaining in such a position, Buhari will neva av it easy

fakeprophet:
aswear Buhari is the most weakest president in the history of this country, how on earth will he let rogues, criminals, fraudsters, impostors, ground his government without bringing them down to their toes, impeach mr clown, the face of corruption called saraki wih just five to six signature of other senators, and by prohibiting those loyal to him gaining entrances to the house with the present of military personnel, normalcy will return

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by luvinhubby(m): 8:43am On Mar 30, 2017
Jaideyone:
really? as glaring as the corruption going on in the senate is they ate not ridiculed already? Nigerians know the real reason magu was rejected. Nigerians know the real reason Ali was summoned. Nigerians know the real reason Ndume will be suspended. the current senate is joke. they already ridiculed themselves.

our senators are shameless. so there's no ridicule here. all sane Nigerians must stand against the current NASS of thieves

What are those real reasons, i will love to know myself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume / Ikere Ekiti Youths Welcomed Fayose In The Night (Photos) / Five Reasons R-APC Left APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.