Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes (66039 Views)

MTV Base Top 20 Nigerian Artistes Of 2019 / Abby Zeus Shades Nigerian Artistes For Having Small Joystick / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by amaifehenry(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:

Bro you're totally wrong. Anyways opinion is like an a**hole...everybody has one. Whether you like it or not this guys have carved a ninche for themselves. 1) Davido may be wack vocall, but he has been consistent with his wack songs. Whether he buys his songs or not..he certainly knows how to do music. Yea I've seen him perform live and it was electric. That's not easy. If u think is all about money. Then your wrong. As for Techno he is definitely better than Almighty wizkid in terms of lyrics and making sense. I mean how can u hate on a guy whose entire songs were hit back to back. Whether his lyrics are wack is the fault of Nigeria. These can can so sweet music but divert to crap which sells in Naija. Pls quit your criticism. Imagine praiz, brymo et al that deliver sweet vocals. They don't enough deals and fans that the so called wacked singers get. And finally no list can be infallible. I doubt if u put up urs now. People wont counter it.
If I mistakenly tune in to a radio or TV station that plays that Highly Mediocre Mr Ealing, I waste no time in changing or turning it off instantly.
That guy takes the cake for the most Incoherent and meaningless lyrics in songs [back to back]

My list

Mr Eazi

Davido [imagine the rubbish he just released. Also so senseless like that of Mr Eazi. Had a relief when I later realised it was Tecno on the beat cos he's another mediocre]

Tecno [yea, I know everyone loves him. Even with his meaningless songs and slangs/terms] it doesn't erase the fact that his lyrics are highly incoherent and childish. What is Diana oh Diana oh I wanna take you away? Or what is Baby Pana and whatever other rubbish he mumbled ?

Let's forget the fact that these guys are famous hence whatever rubbish they dish out gets huge acceptability. Imagine for once that it's an unknown artist that sang any of those their songs, imagine it's me that came out shouting Diana oh Diana ooo, would it make any sense to anyone? Would people wait to listen to it to the end?

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Riddler32: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:
Let's for once pretend as if we already didn't know the songs below and you're just coming across the lyrics for the very first time. Imagine you stumbled on a book containing lyrics below written by your kid cousin or child, wouldn't you just laugh it off? Would you even take it serious.

Skin Tight
Mr Eazi
If you give your heart to me
I no go let you go
Wey I no go do you basa basa
Baby trust in me
When you give your heart to me
I no go let you go
Baby trust in me
I go dey your body like skin tight
Wey I go dey by your side
Them times wey I no get sika
You dey by my side
So make I dey your body like skin tight
'Cause them times when I no get sika
You dey by my side
Oh na na na na
Eeeeey my baby o
Oh sweetie o
Eeeyyyy my baby o
Ooh
Nobody show me love like my baby
You be the only one for me
Only one for me
You be the only one that I need
Sekeof when I no get ee
You no be runaway
You stay with me
Baby now I don't get ee
Make you no runaway stay with me
'Cause me and you were meant to be

PANA LYRICS
[Hook]
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
My love for you will never die, will never die
[Bridge]
[Verse 1]
'Say love is a beautiful thing
Girl you dey cool my temper
Love is a wonderful tender feeling
You dey give me ginger
Eh, 'say baby dancey-dancey, dance
All the beauty in your eyes dey give me life oh-ooh
Make we give the Lord thanks oh
For the sake eh-eeh, for the sake of love oh
Eh Baby,
For your sake I go kill show oh, eh-eh
Show you love like you’ve never seen before
[Hook]
(na you I dey play ball oh)
We go drive around for my Porsche oh
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
[Bridge]
[Verse 2]
Eh, nwayocha .. nwayocha
You see, you have taken my love oh-ooh
I cannot understand how I'm feeling
You are my woman-crush oh
Nwayoma .. nwayoma
You see, nna maka m'isi oh
Owee'owe, eh .. owee'owee, owee'owe
M'baby, me no go let you go, sure
I will always be your lover, ah
For your sake I go killi show oh, eh
Show you love that you’ve never seen before
[Hook]
(..folake oh, fola oh)
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana

Tecno

Afa-m'ubu Al'-haji Te-ki-no

Folake, gimme love oh
Na you dey catchi my shot oh
For your sake, I go go church oh
We go drive around for my Porsche oh » pls so far what sense is therein? Must you form rhymes by all means? It's just so nursery
They say you like wahala oh
Eh, I getti wahala oh »
They say you like cassava
I getti big cassava »
Eva-Eva oh baby, Eva-Eva
Baby you too sweet, fajaba »
My baby, dance to the Lagbaja »
Make I take you to Gwagwalada »
Eva-Eva oh baby, Eva-Eva
Baby you too sweet, fajita (meaning?) »

My baby, dance to the Lagbaja (where's the Lagbaja to be danced to) »

Make I take you to Gwagwalada (is that where your sense is or you parked there?) »

dibi-daba-diba-dobo
Adaba-dibi-daba-dede-baba
(and all these mumbo-jumbo just to complete a track)

If by Davido

my money my body na your own
if i tell you say i love you o
my money my body na your own o baby
thirty billion for the account o
versace, gucci for your body o
no do, no do
no do, garagara for me
no do, no do
no do senrere o
no do, no do
no do, shakara o we
no do, no do
no do, garagara for me o, eh
girl you’re beautiful too
my number one tuntun (meaning?)

sip burukututu (what has burukututu got to do with me being beautiful why should I sip it? When it could just be a total turn off for a lady you're trying to woo)

for your love i tutu ( meaning? This was when I knew it had something to do with Tecno. Strings of meaningless and nursery rhymes)

i go chook you chuku chuku O ( person wey u dey toast u wan chook am chukuchuku abeg which sense dey am? Who does that?)

biko obianuju
shey you do me juju
cos im feeling the juju
shake it o, take it (what is she catching and shaking, biko no one should hold brief for him here)

i wanna catch it o ,take it
you can have it o,take it
you know i gat this o,take it
i love you, i love you
i love you, i love you
there’s nothing above you
above you above you
bridget eh
i like your mini skirt o ( what tha........ Mini skirt? Are you for real? who use this line to woo a lady in 2017, OMG)

oh girl you carry sense o (no she for carry stupidity, how dt one take relate? So na this kain thing u go go dey yan a lady and she nor go think say u are sick. So incoherent and not romantic at all)

if i tell say i love you o
my money, my body na your own o baby
thirty billion for the account o yeh
versace and gucci for your body o baby

MAJORITY OF NIGERIAN SUPPOSED LOVE SONGS SHOULD CARRY A CAVEAT ; PLS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Gone are those days you'd copy a love song and use it words for words to ask that your secondary school classmate out. Days of ; All my life by KC&JOJO, unbended knee, BoyzIImen.... Guess what? It never failed. Say it and watch her smiling even chuckling, going back to her hostel gushing about it with her friend and next day you see them all admiring you. Pls go ahead and use those ones pasted above on a lady, I could only imagine the reaction that would follow .

FACT:
MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE THAT WOULD CLAIM THEY LOVE ANY OF THESE SONGS CAN'T PROUDLY SAY WHAT PARTICULAR MESSAGE THEY CARRY. THEY ONLY GET TO LOVE IT AS A RESULT OF FONDNESS GROWN FOR IT THROUGH CONSTANT AIRPLAY. The more you hear a song the more you grow fond of it. Also many people that would not see any thrash in these songs are those ones that go to beer palor or clubs all the time. When you constantly listen to songs under the influence of alcohol, you'd definitely have nothing against it but love it.

These lyrics will bring the Grammy's back home. Not at all. I hardly listen and watch Nigeria songs.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
freaklesschild:
who know no say na wizkid fan create all dis thing to bring davido down kontinue and let see where dis will lead to, davido is already blessed , kill ur self , i will support u guys in doing so one by one

this is so foolish...Is davido the only artist on the list..u know see ycee, Lil kesh name for yhere
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by iamrosheed: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
i was expecting the list to be is
5) Lil Kesh
4) Davido
3) Yemi Alade
2) Tekno
1) Mr Eazi
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by distilledwalex(m): 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Synord:

the first thread I bin see when I check your profile shows u are not worth arguing with ...grin

Safe journey bro.
grin You go drag trafick to the boy's profile now.. U for just ignore the lil one
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by distilledwalex(m): 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Brown14:
On point with Davido n Mr Eazi....plus Kcee.

Underrated

--Sean fizzle

--Burna boy

Guy wetin u dey find for my mind... Thanks for speaking it though grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
arctodus:
In your field what have you achieved and how would you rate yourself? You cannot dream of achieving 1/10 ofd what these guys have achieved yet you can judge and call them over rated... Please drop a single and lets see how far you go,since u know terms like lyrical prowess and all the other stuffs u mentioned. Put them to use...

Lol bro..

Go to nairaland search bar , search synord otubante..

find the link and download it....That is my debut single..

tho I doubt u may like it cos u clearly don't have a taste for good music..

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
distilledwalex:

grin You go drag trafick to the boy's profile now.. U for just ignore the lil one

na Bleep boy e be jare. . amugbo person
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by freaklesschild(m): 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:

Pls don't quote me next time if you don't have your fact or I Get you mad. Where did you read in my post claiming wiz kid to be better? Even if I were to tow that lane I would still place even the rubbish Daddy Yo lyrics as less incongruous than those rubbish ones up there. If you don't understand my point there's no need engaging you in any intellectual discourse. By the way, quit your conspiracy theorems. That someone created a thread to air his opinion about talentless Artists and people decided to contribute doesn't mean the thread is all about Wizkid. I was embarrassed when I saw your post claiming the thread was anti-Davido by pro-Wizkid fans. I was more embarrassed seeing you quoting me. Why should you have to attach an unintended conspiracy to such a nice thread as this.

OK, have it below. But I won't help you if you can't seem to understand that if you read at least 5 lines in the lyrics below, you could make a sentence with little or no irrelevant words in between. And by the way, it's a dance hall, hence the lyrics format.

I got a lotta song, she sing so
I make her meter blow uh-ooh-oh
Na my song she dey sing so
She never ever dull uh-ooh-oh
When we dey, nobody dey
She dey like to wan dress, you know
She dey do the durty dance, you know
Valentino she dey wear, you know
She call me Funkmaster Flex, you know
Everything I want, she gimme
She tell me everyday she wanna see me, ooh-yeah
Bad-boy Wizzy, StarBoy Wizzy-boy
I make her dance, I give her mwaan
And make you know my girl nice
And I swear, she dey dress, you know
Valentino she dey wear, you know
Gucci be the dress, you know
I no dey let her stress, you know
[Efya:]
Wizzy boy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
StarBoy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
Wizzy boy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
StarBoy, make me dance
Daddy Yo, make me dance
[WizKid:]
1-2. I like the way you dance
I love your kitty-dance, I love the way you dance am
3-4, knocking on the door

FYI:
I am not a fan of Wizkid. I don't dig him. The guy is blessed and doing well in his chosen profession just like others I was referring to, no doubt. The fact remains majority of them can't sing a song with meaningful lyrics. It's excusable to me, if you flop in 3 or 4 out of 10 songs but not ALL.
am relieve to know that u acknowledge that wizkid also has bad lyrics , case close, and where as go check on davido first album he was Good all through ,he gave nigerian what they want and he is working fine for him , tekno , davido , mr eazi are all tanlented unless u want to hate
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
overrated,underrated bla bla bla, if e pain you, enter studio and sing for yourselve's.....bloody twa.ts,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:

And now you just succeeded in making me hate those Mediocres more. As if Style plus weren't Nigerians. I noticed they formed rhymes as much as needed,MEANINGFUL rhymes. All I notice about these lazy fella out there is they want to rhyme by all means, even with the most ridiculous words.

Even me can do exactly what they are doing without any stress.

Listen up
[b]Today is Friday, my baby I notice e dey always dey fast like Highway
Bazu Bazu we can make it next day
Kabu Kabu make we go see Dino Melaye
My love for you nor go kpai like say we nor dey
Kai kai kai kai kai kai kai kai
Kai kai kai kai kai kai kai kai
Ujogbo ujagbu Ujogbo ujagbu Ujogbo Ujagbu
Oya shake it for me like say today na ya dinner day
sing till your voice fades away.
[/b]

Pls just tell me the difference between my own lyrics I instantaneously formed as a reply to your message and those our so called A-list artists own.

For a minute I thought that was tecno's lyrics grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by ncoolsome(m): 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
guy go n listen to ur own song again "girl I like d way u dance,baby give me one more chance" blah blah blah that shiit cost me some precious 3.5mb..every artist has his fan base n those he/she appeals to,so stop the hate like say u better pass..

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Omoluabi16(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Truth, our nigerian artistes are terrible lyrically. These days sex, depravity and lewd slangs makes music more acceptable. American music is worse off. I dont listen to drake, rihanna or these artistes. They are just too hard core. I wish people ll listen to asa more. or perhaps some old skool onyeka onwenu/christy essien.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by bareal(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:
Let's for once pretend as if we already didn't know the songs below and you're just coming across the lyrics for the very first time. Imagine you stumbled on a book containing lyrics below written by your kid cousin or child, wouldn't you just laugh it off? Would you even take it serious.

Skin Tight
Mr Eazi
If you give your heart to me
I no go let you go
Baby trust in me
When you give your heart to me
I no go let you go
Baby trust in me
I go dey your body like skin tight
Them times wey I no get sika
You dey by my side
So make I dey your body like skin tight
'Cause them times when I no get sika
You dey by my side
Oh na na na na
Eeeeey my baby o
Oh sweetie o
Eeeyyyy my baby o
Ooh
Nobody show me love like my baby
You be the only one for me
Only one for me
You be the only one that I need
Sekeof when I no get ee
You no be runaway
You stay with me
Baby now I don't get ee
Make you no runaway stay with me
'Cause me and you were meant to be

PANA LYRICS
[Hook]
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
[Bridge]
[Verse 1]
'Say love is a beautiful thing
Girl you dey cool my temper
Love is a wonderful tender feeling
You dey give me ginger
Eh, 'say baby dancey-dancey, dance
All the beauty in your eyes dey give me life oh-ooh
Make we give the Lord thanks oh
For the sake eh-eeh, for the sake of love oh
Eh Baby,
For your sake I go kill show oh, eh-eh
Show you love like you’ve never seen before
[Hook]
(na you I dey play ball oh)
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
[Bridge]
[Verse 2]
Eh, nwayocha .. nwayocha
You see, you have taken my love oh-ooh
I cannot understand how I'm feeling
You are my woman-crush oh
Nwayoma .. nwayoma
You see, nna maka m'isi oh
Owee'owe, eh .. owee'owee, owee'owe
M'baby, me no go let you go, sure
I will always be your lover, ah
For your sake I go killi show oh, eh
Show you love that you’ve never seen before
[Hook]
(..folake oh, fola oh)
[Chorus]
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana
Anywhere that you go
I go follow you dey go
Baby, Pana
Baby, Pana

Tecno

Afa-m'ubu Al'-haji Te-ki-no

Folake, gimme love oh
Na you dey catchi my shot oh
For your sake, I go go church oh
We go drive around for my Porsche oh » pls so far what sense is therein? Must you form rhymes by all means? It's just so nursery
They say you like wahala oh
Eh, I getti wahala oh »
They say you like cassava
I getti big cassava »
Eva-Eva oh baby, Eva-Eva
Baby you too sweet, fajaba »
My baby, dance to the Lagbaja »
Make I take you to Gwagwalada »
Eva-Eva oh baby, Eva-Eva
Baby you too sweet, fajita (meaning?) »

My baby, dance to the Lagbaja (where's the Lagbaja to be danced to) »

Make I take you to Gwagwalada (is that where your sense is or you parked there?) »

dibi-daba-diba-dobo
Adaba-dibi-daba-dede-baba
(and all these mumbo-jumbo just to complete a track)

If by Davido

my money my body na your own
if i tell you say i love you o
my money my body na your own o baby
thirty billion for the account o
versace, gucci for your body o
no do, no do
no do, garagara for me
no do, no do
no do senrere o
no do, no do
no do, shakara o we
no do, no do
no do, garagara for me o, eh
girl you’re beautiful too
my number one tuntun (meaning?)

sip burukututu (what has burukututu got to do with me being beautiful why should I sip it? When it could just be a total turn off for a lady you're trying to woo)

for your love i tutu ( meaning? This was when I knew it had something to do with Tecno. Strings of meaningless and nursery rhymes)

i go chook you chuku chuku O ( person wey u dey toast u wan chook am chukuchuku abeg which sense dey am? Who does that?)

biko obianuju
shey you do me juju
cos im feeling the juju
shake it o, take it (what is she catching and shaking, biko no one should hold brief for him here)

i wanna catch it o ,take it
you can have it o,take it
you know i gat this o,take it
i love you, i love you
i love you, i love you
above you above you
bridget eh
i like your mini skirt o ( what tha........ Mini skirt? Are you for real? who use this line to woo a lady in 2017, OMG)

oh girl you carry sense o (no she for carry stupidity, how dt one take relate? So na this kain thing u go go dey yan a lady and she nor go think say u are sick. So incoherent and not romantic at all)

if i tell say i love you o
my money, my body na your own o baby
thirty billion for the account o yeh
versace and gucci for your body o baby

MAJORITY OF NIGERIAN SUPPOSED LOVE SONGS SHOULD CARRY A CAVEAT ; PLS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Gone are those days you'd copy a love song and use it words for words to ask that your secondary school classmate out. Days of ; All my life by KC&JOJO, unbended knee, BoyzIImen.... Guess what? It never failed. Say it and watch her smiling even chuckling, going back to her hostel gushing about it with her friend and next day you see them all admiring you. Pls go ahead and use those ones pasted above on a lady, I could only imagine the reaction that would follow .

FACT:
MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE THAT WOULD CLAIM THEY LOVE ANY OF THESE SONGS CAN'T PROUDLY SAY WHAT PARTICULAR MESSAGE THEY CARRY. THEY ONLY GET TO LOVE IT AS A RESULT OF FONDNESS GROWN FOR IT THROUGH CONSTANT AIRPLAY. The more you hear a song the more you grow fond of it. Also many people that would not see any thrash in these songs are those ones that go to beer palor or clubs all the time. When you constantly listen to songs under the influence of alcohol, you'd definitely have nothing against it but love it.

bros Dem like am because na organised noise...... grin

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by GetUmad: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
Joavid:

You're so right.
for instance, the first time I heard pana, I hated it and I still think it's a terrible senseless song but then everywhere I go, it's been played, I did not know when I started to move to the beats and mime the lyrics.

but I would never have it in my playlist.

I have less than 15 Naija songs on my playlist. Brymo being the dominant artist.

You correct my guy. Majority of these songs most people that are now advocating for it would never have fallen in love with it for the very first time. But got fond of it as a result of serious jamming everywhere you go. Especially if you go clubbing or hang out you can't help but know all these songs. That you know the song or you jam it doesn't change their lyrics from being either creative or otherwise. It's still whatever it is.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by VeniJu: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:

If I mistakenly tune in to a radio or TV station that plays that Highly Mediocre Mr Ealing, I waste no time in changing or turning it off instantly.
That guy takes the cake for the most Incoherent and meaningless lyrics in songs [back to back]

My list

Mr Eazi

Davido [imagine the rubbish he just released. Also so senseless like that of Mr Eazi. Had a relief when I later realised it was Tecno on the beat cos he's another mediocre]

Tecno [yea, I know everyone loves him. Even with his meaningless songs and slangs/terms] it doesn't erase the fact that his lyrics are highly incoherent and childish. What is Diana oh Diana oh I wanna take you away? Or what is Baby Pana and whatever other rubbish he mumbled ?

Let's forget the fact that these guys are famous hence whatever rubbish they dish out gets huge acceptability. Imagine for once that it's an unknown artist that sang any of those their songs, imagine it's me that came out shouting Diana oh Diana ooo, would it make any sense to anyone? Would people wait to listen to it to the end?

Guy, stop d beefing... Here in swahili, we love Tecno.tongue
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Omoluabi16(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
overrated,underrated bla bla bla, if e pain you, enter studio and sing for yourselve's.....bloody twa.ts,
egbon e twa.t
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by moghulis: 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Synord:

Burna boy is a fucking genius ....Fucking genius bro

The guy is just awesome.

Anytime I listen to "jealousy"
Mehn I just feel like playing it till eternity.

His reminiscent voice and the strong message underlying the lyric makes me think of the good old days of childhood.

Not to even mention
Tonight
like to party
Soke
Rockstar
Yawa dey...
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by GetUmad: 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Day2logic:

For a minute I thought that was tecno's lyrics grin

LOL.... It's dope right? Yea, ME and Tecno take inspiration from same source.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by AkinPhysicist: 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
avalanche25:
Ma first tyme on nairaland.plss people show me love
grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
Omoluabi16:
egbon e twa.t
Your entire lineage omo-oloriburuku, asiwin
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Abagworo(m): 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:

FACT:

Music has so many factors but commercially successful music seems to rely more on 3 factors.

1 Rhythm

2 Melody and

3 Marketing.

Critiques and core adherents of music value lyrics, message and innovation.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by GetUmad: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Basic123:
I have my own personal reservations for American music.I onserved that american music is going the way of nigerian music too.
I also do. Especially with the latest crop of American rappers. All those junkies shunning out junks in the name of rap. I still laugh whenever I hear panda. To think many people Even Nigerian Artists did cover of that is sickening.

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hmmmm....wetin I wan talk sef....at least,these guys are making money....they are trying...davido is very hardworking..you really need to add wizkid to your list,he's over rated as well,what's even my own business with their songs.....I love Burna boy...he sings well kiss

1 Like

Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by kreezy(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
Wetin this 1 dey talk
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by kingmsookwagh(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
DMeanMan:

How much does that add to his bank account?

The nigga can probably use some money right now.
what are you saying
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
moghulis:

The guy is just awesome.

Anytime I listen to "jealousy"
Mehn I just feel like playing it till eternity.

His reminiscent voice and the strong message underlying the lyric makes me think of the good old days of childhood.

Not to even mention
Tonight
like to party
Soke
Rockstar
Yawa dey...

U know burna boy is on the new Drake album sha ??
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Abagworo(m): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
GetUmad:
I also do. Especially with the latest crop of American rappers. All those junkies shunning out junks in the name of rap. I still laugh whenever I hear panda. To think many people Even Nigerian Artists did cover of that is sickening.

Kendrick Lemar, J. Cole and Childish Gambino still dish out something worth it. Trap is junkie rap .
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Synord(m): 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
suzan404:
Hmmmm....wetin I wan talk sef....at least,these guys are making money....they are trying...davido is very hardworking..you really need to add wizkid to your list,he's over rated as well,what's even my own business with their songs.....I love Burna boy...he sings well kiss

which of the kid, sauce kid or wizkid ?? the same wizkid
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Abagworo(m): 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
Synord:

U know burna boy is on the new Drake album sha ??
Which track cause I got the album?
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
Adiwana:

Nigga,you are a fucking hypocrite likewise many people here criticising The guys lyrics but are quick to jump into Chris brown and the rest of them foreign musicians wagon.If you Feel that their lyrics are poor,then don't listen to them&don't memorise their lyrics offhand.it's as simple as that

You are the hypocrite. He's saying. You can't write their lyrics on a book and have an understanding of whatever it is they are passing. If you patronise music you should encourage a well made/delivered job. Some people just want to call a spade a spade doesn't mean they are jealous or hating or frustrated and whatever you are justifying your pointless argument with.

I listen to albums, first I want to know what the body of the said album is so I can listen to every song with meaning, most of these people make the same song all over again, Do you even have any of these people's album?

Chris broqj doesn't try to speak Spanish that he can't speak or mumble words that doesn't mean anything in any language. Chris Brown makes lots of sensible music while these ones only do rubbish. Quote me wrong and tell me 3 meaningful songs from any of the artists on this list. I will start working on Tyga, Lil Wayne and whoever you think is doing only stupid music over there.
Re: Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
keshmuah:
I almost gave your list of underrated artist a 10/10 until I saw faze and kayswitch.....they were cool before now but at the moment those guys have nothing to offer
No faze wasn't that bad.
but K switch, don't even no him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

D'banj's Wife, Lineo Didi Kilgrow Carrying Their Son (Photo) / Afia Schwarzenegger Goes Braless, Dances In See-through Outfit. Fans Blast Her / RMD Celebrates His Daughter's 30th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.