Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. (28979 Views)

I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission / Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) / 5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Malayy(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2017
jaymichael:
Though I can ride a bike but I won't join anyone to ride that superbike or powerbike stuff. I am not a fan of those bikes at all I prefer those small bikes or those "okada"size at most.
me i no dey ride any one. i prefer keke. less accident
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 05, 2017
joinnow:

In Nigeria if you like wear, all the protective gear it's so so risky.
Just like one Oyibo said in Lagos that using seat beat in back seat of car will not save u in case of accident.

You need to stop listening to any words of advice from that asshat.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/backseat-passengers-not-wearing-seatbelts-make-deadly-mistake-experts-say/

"People are just as likely to be injured or killed in the backseat if they're not wearing those seatbelts as they are in the front seat," former NTSB Chairman Deborah Hersman said.

If you need to listen to an Oyinbo for safety lessons, I prefer that you search the internet yourself, listen to an NTSB Chairman instead.

Folks, there is a reason that "oyinbo" out seatbelts in all seating position. Please use your seatbelt at all times regardless of seating position. I wonder how many people in front seats have died in accident from being pummeled from the back by a missile rear seat passenger.

"In a crash test video from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, an unrestrained child-sized test dummy in the back of a van is launched, striking a passenger up front before slamming head first into the windshield.

In a real-life example, a video shows two women in a cab. One was wearing a seatbelt; the other was not. The unbelted woman flies across the cab and slams into the window."

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by dokiOloye(m): 8:43am On Apr 05, 2017
LordKushmann:

How come those SBK and Moto GP folks who fall off the their speeding bikes on the race track don't die?
They are trained on how to fall and get minimum or no injuries,just like in basketball.
Funny enuf,d more U try to resist d fall,d more injuries.

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 8:46am On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Exactly, hence why you should live it to the fullest wink

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson
love this

2 Likes

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by mailingdgreat: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
I just witnessed a young man die this morning on a bike.

Is it riskier than driving cars
Odikwa risky
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by joinnow: 8:58am On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/backseat-passengers-not-wearing-seatbelts-make-deadly-mistake-experts-say/

"People are just as likely to be injured or killed in the backseat if they're not wearing those seatbelts as they are in the front seat," former NTSB Chairman Deborah Hersman said.

If you need to listen to an Oyinbo for safety lessons, I prefer that you search the internet yourself, listen to an NTSB Chairman instead.

Folks, there is a reason that "oyinbo" out seatbelts in all seating position. Please use your seatbelt at all times regardless of seating position. I wonder how many people in front seats have died in accident from being pummeled from the back by a missile rear seat passenger.

"In a crash test video from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, an unrestrained child-sized test dummy in the back of a van is launched, striking a passenger up front before slamming head first into the windshield.

In a real-life example, a video shows two women in a cab. One was wearing a seatbelt; the other was not. The unbelted woman flies across the cab and slams into the window."

U did not get the gist

He said with the way lagosian Drive even if you wear seat belt it will not save u.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 05, 2017
joinnow:

U did not get the gist

He said with the way lagosian Drive even if you wear seat belt it will not save u.

And I'm saying you should still use your seat belt in all seating positions. It is even more important in Nigeria to do so since you have more chances of getting into an accident.

Nigeria is not on Mars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by miccollo47: 9:07am On Apr 05, 2017
False!! It's actually called spot bike. Make una calm down.
menxer:

I know, can you handle the "super" aspect of the bike?

It's called super bike because most of them have engine capacity (speed wise) greater than most cars.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by joinnow: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2017
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=55277661]

U did not get the gist

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by miccollo47: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2017
menxer:

It's called super bike because most of them have engine capacity (speed wise) greater than most cars.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by miccollo47: 9:11am On Apr 05, 2017
menxer:

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 05, 2017
Super bike, sports bike.

Ducati solved the issue for you guys by creating the 900 Supersports grin

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2017
miccollo47:

shocked shocked shocked

It would be hard to respond to all the drivel, nonsense and half-truths posted here, but that is what frontpage gets you.
People that have absolutely no clue also want to show they can type.

I respect the position of those that lost loved ones via this great vocation of ours and thereby developed a hatred for it.
We have lost many via road accidents in cars, buses etc....I can wager that we the relatives were conveyed to the scene or the hospital or morgue in the same type of car that "killed" our loved one.

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by ephi123(f): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2017
I've lost a friend to this, I wouldn't recommend driving a power bike in Nigeria of all places. Outside the country where roads are relatively safer, it's still a risk not to mention in Nigeria.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by joinnow: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And I'm saying you should still use your seat belt in all seating positions. It is even more important in Nigeria to do so since you have more chances of getting into an accident.

Nigeria is not on Mars.

Yes, one should wear.

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2017
Skillfullulu:
shagati, been a while brother... Do u mind we relate on what's app?
No worries boss.
I'll send you a pm
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by azpekuliar: 9:31am On Apr 05, 2017
spinna:
This guy's thigh bone was broken @ Oshhodi 4 months ago never knew if they survived ..i say rider error was the cause (too much speed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QwbCHUKWM

I was at the scene shortly after this accident happened. Rider error, yes, but this had nothing to do with "too much speed". The chap riding along with a pillion suffered a front tire blow out exiting a corner and couldn't bring the bike to a halt safely. I have suffered a double blow out (without a pillion) at 150km/h and I know what it took from me to keep my baby upright.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 05, 2017
miccollo47:
False!! It's actually called spot sport bike. Make una calm down.

You're welcome
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2017
dopedan:
oga heat no go kill you?
Upon all this 'suicideness' we are talking about, you have now included heat in the equation?
Not fair embarassedembarassed
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 05, 2017
Anyone who falls off a speeding power bike on a busy road is a dead man already as the cars coming behind are likely to crush the rider. speed kills.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Shagati(m): 9:49am On Apr 05, 2017
prettyboi1989:
Anyone who falls off a speeding power bike on a busy road is a dead man already as the cars coming behind are likely to crush the rider. speed kills.

Speed does not kill, it is that coming to a sudden stop that does you in tongue

2 Likes

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 05, 2017
Shagati:

Speed does not kill, it is that coming to a sudden stop that does you in tongue
are u sure about that? why do some formular one cars skip their tracks and crash into the barricade? another one, why do cars flip on high speed when driving through a bend and crash into a ditch? or explain what could have killed the fast n furious guy other than speed.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I doubt that engine displacement, but in any case even an ordinary 600cc will enter 3 digit speeds in seconds. I can't ride anything less than 1,000cc because there's no replacement for displacement.

Regarding speed, at least over here, you want to be ahead and away from other cars. You don't want to become part of the scenery ever cause the damn cagers will mow you down by turning into you.

If you see this video, I was doing more than the speed limit and passing cars in a safe manner. Up comes a policeman and I wasn't pulled over because he understood what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52P56FjOFs

Have always loved power bike but the fear of dropping dead is the beggining of wisdom! Can you teach(mentor) someone?

1 Like

Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by musicwriter(m): 10:09am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
I just witnessed a young man die this morning on a bike.

Is it riskier than driving cars

Yes, it's riskier of course. My advice is that it's only cool to use within town, not on an express way. Someone recently asked me; do you know you can travel to the east with this bike? Well, I told him that's not what I bought it for.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by TroubleDude: 10:28am On Apr 05, 2017
my ninja Kawasaki.. much love... I miss you
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by o42austino(m): 10:34am On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I doubt that engine displacement, but in any case even an ordinary 600cc will enter 3 digit speeds in seconds. I can't ride anything less than 1,000cc because there's no replacement for displacement.

Regarding speed, at least over here, you want to be ahead and away from other cars. You don't want to become part of the scenery ever cause the damn cagers will mow you down by turning into you.

If you see this video, I was doing more than the speed limit and passing cars in a safe manner. Up comes a policeman and I wasn't pulled over because he understood what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52P56FjOFs
bikes do come with 650cc so their is every possible that his bike is 1650cc
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by o42austino(m): 10:39am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
bro. What BMW Bike is best for a lady who is a beginner?
pls make sure u get lower displacement that Is within or below 600cc.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by o42austino(m): 10:43am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
and can this bikes be seen in Nigeria? The f serie ( new ones).
And what is d price range?
Sorry for disturbing, am just making an enquiry for someone
New bike? Abeg what job do you do?.. Mbok bikes are very expensive, even common tokumbo R6 and R1 is 1.2m naira
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by o42austino(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
ok. Do u know where one can buy in minna
if u do visit Abuja I will give u Boniface number, he sells bikes but, only if your serious.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by o42austino(m): 10:56am On Apr 05, 2017
miketayo:

Even moto gp bikes are not more than 1200cc where did he find 1650cc
bro their are bikes that are more than 1200cc even here in Lagos, PH and Abuja.
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by chigoziri2403(m): 11:08am On Apr 05, 2017
beardlessdude:
oga easy biko. Life is once
which country is this?
Re: Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. by miketayo(m): 11:26am On Apr 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Of course many on here would disagree with you.

And of course you don't even ride so you don't know.

how ll u knw if I ride or not.

had an R6 and a ktm duke 390

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Almost Crushed His Young Son To Death With His Car / The Top 10 Concept Cars Of 2017 (Photos) / How Can One Identify A Stolen Vehicle At The Point Of Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.