Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report (7227 Views)

Ayo Olowonihi: Appeal Court Reverses Magu’s Demotion Of EFCC Director / Obiageli Mazi Promoted To Assistant Headmistress By Governor Zulum In Borno / The Big Stones Abia Government Is Using In The 'Operation Zero Portholes' (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Abia debunks report of demotion, transfer of school teacher

Abia State Government has described as false and malicious the report by PUNCH Newspaper that a primary school headmistress at Ohafia Local Government Area of the state was demoted to a classroom room teacher and transferred to Ukwa East Local Government Area for allegedly embarrassing the wife of the governor, Mrs Nkechi Ikpeazu.

The State Commissioner for Education, Prof. Ikechi Mgbeoji, made the denial while briefing newsmen in Umuahia.

Prof. Ikechi Mgbeoji who described the report as embarrassingly false, stated that he couldn't find any proof or record of demotion or transfer from the Abia State Universal Basic Education Board, within whose jurisdiction the matter falls.

He said the ministry of Education embarked on thorough investigation and came up with the findings that the wife of the Governor did not order the demotion or transfer of any teacher from the said local government area and no head teacher was actually transferred or demoted.

Mgboji, who is a Professor of Law, however warned journalists in the state to be thorough and professional in their reporting, regretting that a newspaper like PUNCH will publish such unprofessional, biased and unfounded report, apparently written by a poorly trained stringer, without sighting any copy of a demotion or transfer letter issued by the relevant authorities in charge of teachers transfer and promotion/demotion.
He called on journalists to always investigate stories in order not to heat up the polity unnecessary. According to him, "I couldn't find any evidence or document issued to the said headmistress to transfer her or demote her. I know as a matter of fact that the wife of the Governor didn't issue any such instruction and she is not even the type inclined to such malicious response to issues."
The commissioner called on journalists to feel free to unearth any letter purportedly issued to the headmistress by any government official transferring or demoting her.

Abia government is ready to take legal action against punch newspaper for publishing a malicious story (lies) against the government.

Enyinnaya Appolos
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
30/3/2017

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
HungerBad what did I tell you yesterday?

lalasticlala and Mynd44 once again I have been proven to be the only honest speaker and member of this forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ohammadike: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
All this media and their fake news

Punch better prepare to vomit their own 5 billion naira

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Seun seun I want to suggest that before lies are pushed to front page,honest and clean individuals like me should be contacted to verify it lest your God given forum be turned into medium through which irrelevant liars like Ojiofor and Custom80 churns out lies

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ohammadike:
All this media and their fake news

Punch better prepare to vomit their own 5 billion naira
Some journalists have turned our beautiful profession into nonsense just because of brown envelopes some fools usually give them.

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
Meanwhile, in other news

Press Release

Gov Ikpeazu rejects naming NLC secretariat after him

In keeping with his decision that no Government or public property will be named after him while serving as governor of Abia State, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has rejected the proposed naming of the Abia State Chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Secretariat at Umuahia as "Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Labour House". He rather pleaded with NLC to consider naming its secretariat as "Abia Labour House".

Governor Ikpeazu, while speaking at the foundation laying ceremony of the secretariat which he performed, promised that he will not take the cooperation and support of the Labour union in Abia State for granted.

He further vowed to support the leadership of NLC to ensure the completion of the secretariat, and pledged that Abia State Government will support the project with N10m while he as a person will make donations of N2m every month until the end of 2017, to ensure the competition of the building in record.

While delivering his address earlier, the Abia State Chairman of NLC, Comrade Uchenna Obigwe, said: "today, our amiable Governor, Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, is here live to not only perform the ground breaking, but to lay the foundation of the edifice to be known and called Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu Labour House Umuahia-Abia State, the first modern Labour house in the South-East geo-political zone."

Speaking before laying the foundation of the secretariat, and in response to the NLC chairman, Governor Ikpeazu said: "I want to say that I appreciate very well your decision to name this building after my humble self but I am constrained by the policy of this government that we don't take credit on our marks; we wait for gold medals when we press the finishing line. For us today, we are on our marks and the race is just beginning, so it will be preposterous for us to take accolades and diadems that should come ordinarily at the breasting of the tape. So I will ask you to wait till we breast the tape, it is at that time that I will take up the acquisition of Excellency, and also accept awards and recognitions like this. I therefore, plead and suggest that this house be called Abia Labour House. Thank you very much and God bless."

Enyinnaya Appolos
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
lalasticlala all we ask for is justice, all those morons that took turn to say rubbish against the person of our first lady should bury their face in shame. Punch newspaper after this will learn how to do proper investigation before publishing falsehood which they way led into by the irrelevant minorities in Abia State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
saraki Rossik Madridguy omenkalives beremx you guys should help punch to raise legal fee and damages cost o. We no dey take shit this time around

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ojiofor: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ponponkon:
Seun seun I want to suggest that before lies are pushed to front page,honest and clean individuals like me should be contacted to verify it lest your God given forum be turned into medium through which irrelevant liars like Ojiofor and Custom80 churns out lies

Can you point out the lies?
You think this is Abia state where IkpeAzu government have used every instrument of intimidation and violence to silent opposition.
We shall always be around whenever you show your ugly face to expose your wicked lies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ojiofor:

Can you point out the lies?
You think this is Abia state where IkpeAzu government have used every instrument of intimidimation and voilence to silent opposition.
We shall always be around whenever you show your ugly face to expose your wicked lies.
Shame on you Mr liar,may devil continue to push you into telling lies against a good man until you meet your Waterloo

Pastor Ponponkon

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ojiofor: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ponponkon:
Shame on you Mr liar,may devil continue to push you into telling lies against a good man until you meet your Waterloo

Pastor Ponponkon

Back to sender evil man.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nasa28 come o,another lie of your god Uche Ogah has been bursted. The worst part of it is that Punch journalist might confess in court how much he was paid to lie against the governor's wife. Echi di ime . Una go soon run enter una grave. We are always ready for you fools.

Only me self just na azo unu aja here..proper ndiara
Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ojiofor:

Back to sender evil man.
Who cares. I am committed to telling the truth and it shall always set me free. With liars like you Igbo Nation can never move forward. ThankGod sane,sound and true Pastors like me are in Igboland,that's the only reason progress can be made in igbo nation.

Pastor Ponponkon

The Honest pastor

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ojiofor: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
Shameless government that celebrate every irrelevant things such as this as achievement while serious goverment are out there building infrastructures in their various states.
Why not wait until you meet Punch in court?

6 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ojiofor: 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ponponkon:
Who cares. I am committed to telling the truth and it shall always set me free. With liars like you Igbo Nation can never move forward. ThankGod sane,sound and true Pastors like me are in Igboland,that's the only reason progress can be made in igbo nation.

Pastor Ponponkon

The Honest pastor
Nobody is deceived or impressed by your kindergarten propaganda in this forum.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ojiofor:
Shameless government that celebrate every irrelevant things such as this as achievement while serious goverment are out there building infrastructures in their various states.
Why not wait until you meet Punch at court?
Nwapa Nwuru anwu as usual is trying to shift the goal post. Why did you celebrate the false news since bursting it is not an achievement? Otila nkapi like you
Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 11:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ojiofor:

Nobody is deceived or impressed by your kindergarten propaganda in this forum.

Ekwensu, at least it gives you sleepless night that the clan you hated so much is the only place a wonderful and kindhearted Governor for the first time in abia state hails from. Minority I know how bad and ashamed you are right now that all of you shi nfa crew your mouths had been removed from the blood tonic.

Pastor Ponponkon
Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 11:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
lalasticlala justice justice justice justice is all we demand
Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ponponkon:
guy can you let those peeps be. even if you flood this thread with projects your governor is carrying out, the would shift their bias to his "owing "several months salary

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by eagleeye2: 3:57am On Mar 31, 2017
Ponponkon:
Mr Enyinnaya Appolos, stop embarrassing yourself. The wife of the governor may not have given such order, but we know overzealous ass lockers may want to punish that woman because she has the effrontery to speak up about being owed.
Nobody hates Ikpeazu (at least not I) but people like you reporting falsehood on NL, makes it difficult for people not to compare between Ikpeazu and. T.A

5 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Ponponkon: 5:56am On Mar 31, 2017
eduj:

guy can you let those peeps be. even if you flood this thread with projects your governor is carrying out, the would shift their bias to his "owing "several months salary
Several months? It is on record that any debt owed today was inherited from the previous administration. That notwithstanding, I have made known Abia financial status in terms of salaries owed on this forum. MDAs which account for 80% of Abia workforce are 1 month,Secondary school teachers 3 months while primary school teachers are owed 2 months. I also told us that the governor has promised to clear all debts to the last kobo once the next trench of Paris fund arrives which is expected to hit our account before 2 week going by FG's announcement

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by BrutalJab: 7:16am On Mar 31, 2017
eduj:

Are you from Abia state? or you are one of those that just sit behind their phones typing whatever that comes out of their brain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by eagleeye2: 7:30am On Mar 31, 2017
Ponponkon:
You are such a dunce my brother, where is the falsehood here? did punch cite any letter to that effect? Have I ever posted anything here without evidence picture or videos? May God have mercy on wicked and unrepentant liars like you
Keep insulting yourself. Yes you do post falsehood, especially your pictures..... No matter how much you hype your principal, it doesn't take away the reality.
So because Punch didn't cite any letter, then it didn't happen? Maybe you think everyone will sell their conscience for crumbs like you have done.
Don't bother quoting me again, idiat.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 31, 2017
BrutalJab:

Are you from Abia state? or you are one of those that just sit behind their phones typing whatever that comes out of their brain?
guy dont take up your shit with me. Am very familiar with the two biggest cities in the state, so when i post-i do so based on what i see (you don't necessarily need to like it).

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by BrutalJab: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2017
eduj:

guy dont take up your shit with me. Am very familiar with the two biggest cities in the state, so when i post-i do so based on what i see (you don't necessarily need to like it).

Is that why you are crying

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by loadedvibes: 10:37am On Mar 31, 2017
Dem go just fold up.. news paper wey no still get money
Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2017
I hope that PUNCH can present the woman in question to clear their name for future sakes.

If not it will be difficult to take them serious again. The credibility of their report/ news is at stake!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by achieverme(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2017
What's even the idea of threatening to sue? Why not just sue directly without the threat

4 Likes

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by helinues: 10:43am On Mar 31, 2017
Who do we believe now?

Re: Abia Government Threatens To Sue Punch Over Demotion Of Headmistress Report by obicentlis: 10:45am On Mar 31, 2017
Is there no Elder in Abia State?

This is the question Author Eze asked some years back and the same problem still abounds.

Ikpeazu is a failure and a disgrace to PHD.

If a prophet told me that Aba will still bebin this mess after 2 years, I wouldn't have believed it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

AAC Will Win 2019 Elections – Sowore / Tribunal Affirms Abaribe 4th Term Bid In The Senate / Buhari To Attend ECOWAS Meeting In Niamey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.