Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Nigeria Having Difficulty Retrieving Looted Funds Abroad — Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Having Difficulty Retrieving Looted Funds Abroad — Osinbajo (418 Views)

US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu / See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / Buhari Has History Of Bringing Looted Funds To Nigeria – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Having Difficulty Retrieving Looted Funds Abroad — Osinbajo by Limitednow: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2017
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says tracing, freezing and retrieving stolen assets has proved to be exceptionally difficult for most African countries.

According to him, Nigeria has seen how difficult it is "to get back stolen assets from the international financial system such as banks that ought not to have received those funds in the first place if even the most routine questions were asked."

The vice president was speaking yesterday in Paris, France, at the anti-corruption and integrity forum of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).

Osinbajo disclosed that this week, Nigeria signed a bilateral mutual legal assistance treaty on collaboration of financial crimes and corruption, in addition to the several ones earlier ratified with numerous countries within and outside the West Africa.

http://statereporters..com.ng/2017/03/nigeria-having-difficulty-retrieving.html?m=1

Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Nigeria Having Difficulty Retrieving Looted Funds Abroad — Osinbajo by LionDeLeo: 8:55am On Mar 31, 2017
Which means you are not working hard. Pls work hard and even if you have been, then work harder.
Re: Nigeria Having Difficulty Retrieving Looted Funds Abroad — Osinbajo by Epositive(m): 9:03am On Mar 31, 2017
if you guys are losing hope, then what are we to do? undecided
Re: Nigeria Having Difficulty Retrieving Looted Funds Abroad — Osinbajo by eyeview: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2017
What most people don't know is that Nigerian politicians are the ones developing the western world thru the funds stashed abroad. And I can tell you that more than half of the bail out funds and the recent Paris club refund released to the governors have been reshipped abroad into secret accounts.
Anytime I hear of the death of a politician, the first thing that runs thru my mind is :'here goes our funds that will never be repatriated'. This is because in most cases, the accounts are secret and thus, their family members are never aware.
When it was rumoured that my state governor had died, my mind quickly went to the millions of dollars and hotels he had moved and hidden in far east countries.
A client of mine many years ago told me how he went to transact in his bank abroad and the bank manager was telling him how a certain Nigeria came and made huge deposits into the account and left and has not been seen nor heard from for over ten years and wondered if he was dead. My Nigerian client begged him to tell him the customer's name so that he can tell him if the person is dead or still alive but ofcourse, the manager declined(customer confidentialiy).
We can imagine how much Nigeria lose yearly, never to be recovered thru this politicians

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo: I'm Still Searching For Cabal Members In The Presidency / UN Appoints First Female Executive Secretary Of ECA / Fraud Revealed In NAHCO As Board Prepares To Share N700m, Seeks Another N155m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.