Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide (1040 Views)

Husband In Tears As Wife Showers Praises On Him For Being A Good Hubby / Wife In Tears As She Kneels Down To Appreciate Her Husband / Boy Abandoned By His Father At 5 Turns Out To Be The Lawyer Who Saved Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide by Blonchilli(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2017
It’s usually so much fun snooping around a footballer’s house on television, seeing where all that money goes. Steven Gerrard’s and Wayne Rooney’s stand out from recent times. Rio Ferdinand’s looks like a good one, too – massive kitchen, gym, pool etc. But Rio hasn’t invited the cameras in to show off.

While grand, the most striking feature of the house is its sadness and silence. In the sunny holiday home in Portugal as well – even though the kids splash about in the pool, happy and noisy– something is off. It’s the empty space left by Rio’s wife, Rebecca, who died nearly two years ago, aged 34, from breast cancer.

Rio Ferdinand broke down as he opened up on coming to terms with losing his wife Rebecca to breast cancer in May 2015.

The 38-year-old England football player confessed his three children saved him from killing himself, after she suddenly died.

Speaking in his documentary Rio Ferdinand: Being Mum and Dad, Rio explained how he put his sadness "into a box".

He added: "I don't like sitting in my house for days, you start going crazy.
"I would read papers, and see people who commit suicide and wonder how.

"But there were times at beginning, you kinda know how they feel.

"But when I look at my three kids, I couldn't do that to them."

Rio later cried again, as he revealed how worried he is about his sons.

He explained: "I just can't get nothing out of the two boys. I want them to talk, not to give me something but I just don't know how they feel.

"I want to find some way where they can just express themselves a bit more.

"They haven't started talking, they talk about memories, but not feelings.

"I know it's alright to cry, I sit in bed and cry, but talking about those feelings is more painful."

Viewers watching the documentary were in tears too.

One said: "This documentary on #RioFerdinand is making me emotional."

Another added: "Just heartbreaking. Tears from the start."

A third agreed: "Choking up watching #RioFerdinand. Such a personal and heart felt documentary."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/rio-ferdinand-breaks-down-tears-10117323?ICID=FB_mirror_main

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/mar/28/rio-ferdinand-being-mum-and-dad-loss-grief-death-wife?CMP=fb_gu

Re: Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide by haykes(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2017
Sorry guy
Re: Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide by nepapole(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2017
cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide by Horlawoomey(m): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2017
Sorry Rio
Re: Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide by Iykecaroll(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
Rio! So loved that guy. Its just a crazily empty world we live in!

1 Like

Re: Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide by Blonchilli(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
Iykecaroll:
Rio! So loved that guy. Its just a crazily empty world we live in!
Can't download the video, I couldn't help but break down in tears when I saw him crying about how confused he was raising the kids and how he still can't accept it
Re: Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears, Kids Saved Him From Suicide by spacelink23: 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
The rich also cry.

(1) (Reply)

Stingy Dad / Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL / As A Mother, Will You Let Your Daughter Go On Birth Control?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.