Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit (26471 Views)

Photos: See What Gov.Kashim Shettima Did To Control Hunger And Poverty in Borno / The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) / After Massacres, Anger In Nigeria's North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 1:59am On Dec 31, 2009
swezenberg:

You need to go back to Ibadan and see the kind of investments there today. I visited their University for the first time this year and I marveled I had to rule out unilag. It is one of the neatest and finest university in Africa. There is constant renovation or rehabilitation going on. Ife is second to none in West Africa no doubt. I think PDP has really done more evil to the southwest than good. But the region has brought this country a lot of goodies. Those who have benefited from the investment in the southwest should keep quiet. After all majority of the enlightened ones from other regions can never boast that their exposure was from the schools located in their region. Go abroad and see what Southwesterners have invested oversea and the kind of profession they engage themselves in. They are years ahead whether you argue from now till tomorrow. One of their sons has even given some ungrateful ones avenue to run their mouth on a site developed by this region.

This guy is apparently delusional, veering off the the substantive theme, he severally and severely punctured and undermined the principles behind his logic. First of all, the theme is on employment/unemployment. If the West has all these as u claims and failed to translate it into tangible economic development, then its not worth highlighting. Secondly, if they invested all over the world, as u claims, how does it correlates to the fact that the West is the 4th most unemployed region in nigeria? U also delves into morality. It is completely uncalled for because this is intellectual not spiritual or evangelical discourse. This guy is so crude that he did not understand the principles of business. He stresses that (one of his brother) owns this site, yet we use it to citicize them. Thats why most yorubas like u aren't progressing in commercial ventures. We are here to patronize this site. Get it fool.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 2:09am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

No, it wouldn't. It is likely the poor people in the South east migrate in numbers to places where they can expect larger incomes as opposed to staying at home. Hence the south east seems less poor because of migration. If the south east is so rich the ibos would not be moving to the North and south west in large numbers. How many South Easterners are in the North alone? How many Northerners are in the South east?

Again, stop swimming in the ocean of ignorance. If the S'easterners and others migrate and gain employment, that means they are smarter and more industrious than their parochial yoruba counterparts. Besides, did u carefully read to find out the nature of jobs? its merchandising at most, Igbos excel because they help themselves and are prepared to sacrifice their dignity via apprenticeship, thats the bottomline. Sagacious ppl travel beyond their geographical parameters to strive and conquer, thats igbo ingenuity! can u beat that?
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 2:13am On Dec 31, 2009
Again, stop swimming in the ocean of ignorance. If S'easterners and others migrate and gain employment, that means they are smarter and more industrious than yorubas. Besides, did u carefully read to find out the nature of jobs? its merchandising at most, Igbos excel because they help themselves and are prepared to sacrifice their dignity via apprenticeship, thats the bottomline. Sagacious ppl travel beyond their geographical parameters to strive and conquer, thats igbo ingenuity! can u beat that?

If you call trading a smart profession then congratulations. More industrious than Yoruba my foot. Professionals vs. traders
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 2:22am On Dec 31, 2009
Professionals what? In Nigeria thats what u get. If there's no job waiting after gaduation, then one shouldn't wait perpetually for government's NAPEP prog for survival. U saying Professionals vs Traders like West has more than the East in that area. Ppl should learn how to be self sustaining, not just sitting down everyday and drinking ogogoro and ekpeteshi or doing alaye, that wouldn't help u.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 2:26am On Dec 31, 2009
Yep professionals- check out the people sitting in ExxonMobil, Unilever, Cadbury

self-sustaining is good, but a culture of education is important. I doubt the east has more than the west in reality but of course believe what you want.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 3:02am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

Yep professionals- check out the people sitting in ExxonMobil, Unilever, Cadbury

self-sustaining is good, but a culture of education is important. I doubt the east has more than the west in reality but of course believe what you want.

Talking about education, S' West's leadership in this direction has since gone. Anambra, for instance, has upto 6 universities; Unizik (Fed.), Asutech (state), Madonna (prvt), St Paul's (prvt.), and two other newly accredited ones. There are also one fed poly, one state, one fed college of edu and one state, which would be a university of edu. soon. This is just Anambra alone. How many do you have in your state lets start there? The problem with ppl like u is that u are limited within your western enclave that its hard for you to see beyond it.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 4:18am On Dec 31, 2009
Sefago,

What makes the Igbos and the NDs in the SE and SS richer than those who left to other regions? Why do you think Igbos in Lagos are the poor ones (compared to those at home) when some of them even send money to folks back home and are known to be very wealthy and ''envied'' by some in the SE? Again you show a lack of depth and experience in Nigerian matters, but again it is you, an incompetent nincompoop and generic tribalist, we are having to deal with.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 4:23am On Dec 31, 2009
please list the so-called rich igbos in the SE that are the envy of their lagos counterparts. Also name the ND ones (who I am 99% sure) made their money from taking bribes to sell their people

The truth will set you free
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 4:29am On Dec 31, 2009
Sefago,

UniLever and Cabury were run down by the so-called professional who were busy looting the companies.
Do you know Late Rufus Giwa of UniLever?
Do you know of the recent fraud in Cadbury that almost caused Shweppes (sp) Cadbury, its parent coy overseas to want to pull out?

If you want to see well-run companies owned by non-Yoruba in Lagos, check Coscharis motors, Capital oil and Zenon computers just to mention a few

Exxon Mobil is not a Nigerian coy and Nigerians at top level (if any) have little or no say what happens because every major decision comes from the US.
Check who is running things at NLNG which is more Nigerian than ExxonMobil
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 4:30am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

please list the so-called rich igbos in the SE that are the envy of their lagos counterparts. Also name the ND ones (who I am 99% sure) made their money from taking bribes to sell their people

Where will I start from to mention? Millions, uncountable.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 4:31am On Dec 31, 2009
Mekusxyz:

Sefago,

UniLever and Cabury were run down by the so-called professional who were busy looting the companies.
Do you know of the recent fraud in Cadbury that almost caused Shweppes (sp) Cadbury, its parent coy overseas to want to pull out?

If you want to see well-run companies owned by non-Yoruba in Lagos, check Coscharis motors, Capital oil and Zenon computers just to mention a few

Exxon Mobil is not a Nigerian coy and Nigerians at top level (if any) have little or no say what happens because every major decision comes from the US.
Check who is running things at NLNG which is more Nigerian than ExxonMobil
And that freaking sleazy Oni of former cadbury Plc.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 4:35am On Dec 31, 2009
Sefago,

Not just a few but the main ones grin I knw all these companies- Cosharis is owned by Cosmos Maduka right? (His child was in the same school with me), Zenon computes angry

Capital oil is a small company
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 4:37am On Dec 31, 2009
And that freaking sleazy Oni of former cadbury Plc.

God bless pastor Oni. angry
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 4:37am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

The fact is that this guy doesn't get it that most igbos are within the middle class cadre in the nigerian context. Yorubas often complain that Igbos don't like each other, but that is false - far from the truth. If they hate each other, why would they be bringing their kinsmen up in apprenticeship system, which helps them to expand and dominate commerce. The wealth is better spread among igbos, thats why u are envious. Next time u 'll say igbos do juju to make money, but u cant even endure wat they did, or learn other cultures and language, which are the hallmark of commerce.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 4:41am On Dec 31, 2009
Mr. C. M. Maduka - President/CEO (Nigerian)
Mrs. C. N. Maduka - Vice President (Nigerian)
Mrs. P.N. Ozobialu - Director General (Nigerian)
Mr. S. Gohda - Director (Japanese)
Mrs. M. Anaba-Okoli - Director (American)
Mr. E. Ngonadi - Director (Nigerian)

Coscharis group- what do these names all have in common?

The fact is that this guy doesn't get it that most igbos are within the middle class cadre in the nigerian context

I have always known that. But there are middle classes in every tribe- its not unique to one people. Yoruba's comprise a significant part of the middle class, though we do have a larger percentage of the upper clas
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 4:44am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

Mr. C. M. Maduka - President/CEO (Nigerian)
Mrs. C. N. Maduka - Vice President (Nigerian)
Mrs. P.N. Ozobialu - Director General (Nigerian)
Mr. S. Gohda - Director (Japanese)
Mrs. M. Anaba-Okoli - Director (American)
Mr. E. Ngonadi - Director (Nigerian)
I have always known that. But there are middle classes in every tribe- its not unique to one people. Yoruba's comprise a significant part of the middle class, though we do have a larger percentage of the upper clas
u are pathetic and delusional to think yorubas dominate nigeria's upper class cadre.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 4:46am On Dec 31, 2009
So who does your people?

I am mocking u actually. Of course I dont think so- but who do u think does? Like mekusxx you are arguinog on sentiments and not logic
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 4:51am On Dec 31, 2009
Mekana,

The mo-ron Sefago is mixing lower poverty levels, inequality with professionalism and education. These are completely imiscible things in Nigeria'a context where you do not need to go to school to get yourself out of poverty.
Even in education, the Igbos are doing better than the Yoruba (JAMB stats).  In the latest state-by-state ranking of literacy levels (15 years and above) only Lagos (which is not completely Yoruba by inhabitants) beat Igbo states. The next Yoruba state to come close to where most of the Igbo states cluster is Ondo
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 4:52am On Dec 31, 2009
If the board of Coscharis (just one e.g. that I gave amongst hundred others) is Igbo so what? Is the board of Wema Bank and Odua Holdings not Yoruba? What point are you making?
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 4:53am On Dec 31, 2009
The mo-ron Sefago is mixing lower poverty levels, inequality with professionalism and education. These are completely imiscible things in Nigeria'a context where you do not need to go to school to get yourself out of poverty.
Even in education, the Igbos are doing better than the Yoruba (JAMB stats).  In the latest state-by-state ranking of literacy levels (15 years and above) only Lagos (which is not completely Yoruba by inhabitants) beat Igbo states. The next Yoruba state to come close to where most of the Igbo states cluster is Ondo

grin
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 4:54am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

So who does your people?

I am mocking u actually. Of course I dont think so- but who do u think does? Like mekusxx you are arguinog on sentiments and not logic

Is that english or what? That's pathetically incoherent and devoid of substance. Vous parlez beaucoup de francais? "So who does your people?" perhaps semantic defficiency. shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 4:58am On Dec 31, 2009
Sefago,

Most Igbos are in the middle class seems to be the case). But far more Yoruba are in the lower class than Igbo. Do you agree?
Yoruba may have people in the upper class. Igbo too have a lot of upper class people

Finally, this justifies the findngs that more Yoruba are poorer (in the lowest class) than Igbos. Unless you are saying you have to be on the Board of Cadbury, Unileveler etc, before you can be termed an upper class person
Current data says Igbos have the least inequality in Nigeria. Equality of wealth is the basis if growth and poverty eradication. Go figure how Europe is run.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 4:58am On Dec 31, 2009
Oui, Je parle francais, tres bien

et toi? Vous parlez francais?
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 5:00am On Dec 31, 2009
This guy is apparently delusional, veering off the the substantive theme, he severally and severely punctured and undermined the principles behind his logic. First of all, the theme is on employment/unemployment. If the West has all these as u claims and failed to translate it into tangible economic development, then its not worth highlighting. Secondly, if they invested all over the world, as u claims, how does it correlates to the fact that the West is the 4th most unemployed region in nigeria? U also delves into morality. It is completely uncalled for because this is intellectual not spiritual or evangelical discourse. This guy is so crude that he did not understand the principles of business. He stresses that (one of his brother) owns this site, yet we use it to citicize them. Thats why most yorubas like u aren't progressing in commercial ventures. We are here to patronize this site. Get it fool.

Look at this crap which reeks of bad grammar. Dont even start. At least you are not as bad as Dede1 your mistakes are typographical.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 5:01am On Dec 31, 2009
Mekana:

Is that english or what? That's pathetically incoherent and devoid of substance. Vous parlez beaucoup de francais? "So who does your people?" perhaps semantic defficiency. shocked shocked lipsrsealed

He is having it hot with me and sweating all over the place The guy is a complete ignoramus grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by H2O2: 5:03am On Dec 31, 2009
You lots are funny  grin   grin

And triple ROFLMAO @ Citing fraudulent jamb stats as evidence that Igbos are faring better than Yorubas in education.

grin  grin  grin I laugh in Paki
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 5:04am On Dec 31, 2009
I am writing colloquially. But you got the point. So who occupies the upper class, your people? Not true, from my experience.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 5:04am On Dec 31, 2009
H2O2:

And triple ROFLMAO @ Citing fraudulent jamb stats as evidence that Igbos are faring better than Yorubas in education.

So what makes you think Yorubas are better? The head of JAMB is Yoruba, Prof Ojerinde. Do you suggest that he is cooking up the data against his own people?
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 5:06am On Dec 31, 2009
^ No he is just saying that the better you do in jamb, the more likely you are to carry "chips." You have just referred to igbos as the biggest cheaters on the planet followed closely by Ondo state.
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekusxyz: 5:07am On Dec 31, 2009
The upper class is occupied by people of every tribe. Igbos have a very fair share of it. But again most people in the upper class are the looters who did not work for the money they flaunt. Are you going to call people like Ibori and Obasanjo, IBB, Abubakir and Bode George genuine occupiers of the wealthy upper class?
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by SEFAGO(m): 5:08am On Dec 31, 2009
Yes, looting is also work. Hustle is hustle
Re: Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit by Mekana(m): 5:08am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

I am writing colloquially. But you got the point. So who occupies the upper class, your people? Not true, from my experience.

H2O2:

The crux of the data is that even when u consider the population of these Jambites as well as their performances, the S' East is still far ahead despite the malpractices. Every group does "expo" in nigeria so that doesn't count.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Gov Rochas Okorocha’s Swearing-in / Faleke Visits Ocholi's Family - Touching Photos / Security Chiefs Attend Buhari's campaign launch, is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.