Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) (49956 Views)

Woman Cries As Husband Surprises Her On Her Birthday With IPhone, Money In Cake / My Wife Says She’ll One Day Hand Our Three Kids To Their Real Father / House Girl Peeps While Husband And Wife Were Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by dre11(m): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2017
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

Three Kids of the same parents have been abandoned in Mushin as their parents have been arrested and remanded in prison custody in Lagos.

Their parents, Taofik Aremu and his wife, Latifat, were arraigned before a Lagos Task Force and Magistrate court for committing different offences and have been remanded in prison for the past five weeks.

While Taofik was remanded at a prison in Badagry, his wife is cooling her head at Kirikiri prison.

Their three Kids, four – year – old kudirick and the twins Taye and Kehinde who are two years of age, are left to their fate at 13 Agoro street in Mushin where their reside.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that the ordeals of the embattled parents started when Mr Aremu went to work and was arrested by the Lagos State Task Force. He was subsequently arraigned and remanded in prison.

His wife, Lafifat had disagreement with their landlady who dragged her to the Police at Olosan division in Mushin over rent.

She was charged before Ogba Magistrate court where she was granted bail but there was nobody to stand as her sureties because of money .

Our correspondent gathered that the landlady, Iyabola Oladokun asked her to move out from her rented apartment despite having an existing one year rent.

They had exchange of words, the landlady went to the police station where she reported that she was insulted by Latifat. The police arrested her and charged her to court.

At the court, she pleaded not guilty. The presiding Magistrate granted her bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in the like sum.

She was remanded in the custody pending when she will perfect her bail conditions.

When the matter came up on Thursday, it was further adjourned till 15 April 2017.

At the court, their neighbours brought those kids for her to take to them prison, but she was not allowed to do so.

She wept before she was taken back to the custody.

http://pmexpressng.com/three-kids-abandoned-husband-wife-sent-prison-lagos/

2 Shares

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by loomer: 11:26am On Mar 31, 2017
Person quarrel with landlady dem send her to prison.

This one na country?

311 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by Flatties: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2017
This is unfair.

Especially the mother landlady case
#Sad

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 31, 2017
At the court, their neighbours brought those kids for her to take to them prison, but she was not allowed to do so.

Is this even an option?
Some people can be very stupid.
If I was the judge, I'll lock those ‘neighbors’ up.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by greatgod2012(f): 11:44am On Mar 31, 2017
In all of these, its those kids that I pity! Imagine 4 and 2:years old kids, the twins are just 2. Haba! the landlady need to pity the kids now!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by psucc(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
No!! That judgment is without mercy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by mhizEvangee: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nigerian government only know how to play on the the poor masses.
The landlady must be a barren woman to have allowed the woman stay in prison because of quarrel.
As a mother, for the sake of 9 months and d stress that followed, the landlady wud HV let her go

40 Likes

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by mhizEvangee: 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nigerian government only know how to play on the the poor masses.
The landlady must be a barren woman to have allowed the woman stay in prison because of quarrel.
As a mother, for the sake of 9 months and d stress that followed, the landlady wud HV let her go

women and power

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by qualityovenbake(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
The neighbours should get in touch with the detained parents blood relatives.

5 Likes

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by veekid(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2017

I've seen the couple's name
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by Akshow: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by hotspec(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Truly, There was a country. Nigeria is finished. Remanded in prison custody for a civil offense, and d no-do-good justice even asked her to pay N50k for.bail, someone who cant pay her house rent. To make d matter worse, d neighbours also want to send d poor kids to Kirikiri wit their mum. Are the couples dt bad in d neighbourhood?
What are Civil Aids groups doing and Social Welfare? Why cant d justice called on d Social Welfare to take custody of d xdren?

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by BruzMoney(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Those neighbors that took the children along with them to court and then offered to let the VICTIM take them along to prison are just STEWPID set of people

3 Likes

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by sekundosekundo: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
ok
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
What about the husband? We need update about his arrest.

Has Ambode's Task Force charged him to court?

The court wants N50,000 and sureties abi....cant the neighbours raise this fund? Secure her bail and get refunded?

Landlady seem to have a grudge with this family sef undecided
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by mamatayour(f): 1:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
The children should be taken care of by welfare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by fasdtrak: 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
Akshow:
Na wa o
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by fatdick(m): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
Once upon a time, I strongly believed in the country Nigeria. I defended her tirelessly and traded words with those who spoke ill of her.

Fastforward to over a decade later and things have gone from bad to worse for Nigeria. Now, I'm wondering if I was foolish to have defended her. Really, nothing good works in this part of the world. Education, infrastructure, welfare, electricity, transportation, human rights, youth employment, sports....it's all a sad tale.

Before you quote me, please tell me one good thing Nigeria has done for you as a citizen.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by ElsonMorali: 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
VolTOxic:

Is this even an option?

If I was God, I'll kill that judge. angry angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by kingthreat(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
Judge is heartless.

2 Likes

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by napoleon77(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
I believe the Lagos State Govt has an agency that takes care of children in situations like this.
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by adeoba2008(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
Does she slapped the landlady ? Which type of country are we in for God sake.
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by ElsonMorali: 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nigeria my Nigeria. cry

A country where the elite rob the masses with impunity to the tune of billions of $$$, yet walk around like a Demi god.

While a woman has an argument with another woman and she is remanded in prison.

This is not a country.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by Cornerstone001: 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
SMH
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by TheEvilPriest(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
VolTOxic:

Is this even an option?
The neighbours deliberately brought the kids there to bare the stupidity of those policemen in their face. You locked up their parents, then lock up the kids too. Or are the neighbours supposed to look after them?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by henrydadon(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
what about the child protective service? ..oh i forgot this is not a civilised country..neither is this the USA..

2 Likes

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by WebSurfer(m): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
People are unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by Goldenheart(m): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
cry
Re: Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) by dupzy05: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
This is so touching The landlady is a wicked fellow

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Her Mother Making Passes At Her Husband / Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.