Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

12 Things To Look For When Choosing The Right Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Things To Look For When Choosing The Right Wife (772 Views)

HAZARD'S ENLIGHTENMENTS: How To Pick The Right Wife / Picking The Right Wife / How To Pick The Right Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Things To Look For When Choosing The Right Wife by jameslives: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
My first thought, having been immersed in continuous thought about dating and attraction stuff for years now, was, "Now THERE'S a guy who just blatantly admitted that he's had next to ZERO success with women in his entire life."

What tipped me off on that, you ask?

The simple fact that his statement was 100% "clouded by beauty-vision", that's what.

ANY man who has ever found the confidence to attract truly beautiful women finds out almost immediately that it takes MUCH, MUCH more than a pretty face to be happy with a woman long-term.

I've even heard pretty women themselves talk as if they've bought into the whole notion that all they need to be is good looking in order to make sure some guy will sweep them off of their feet and put up with them, er..."love them" forever.

Now, all of that said I'm not naïve. I get it. I realize we as guys really can be mesmerized by ONE woman's looks in particular.

It can happen to the best of us, and it really catches us off guard when it does.

I mean, you just see that one woman who "does it for you" in a way that no other woman has for at least six months and you're off to the races.

Not so fast, Lightning McQueen.

Before you jump into a "relationship" and even THINK about dropping your life savings at Jared (as if you should EVER think about that), here are the first four of a full dozen areas of further consideration for you.

Shockingly few guys ever think about ANY of these when "clouded by beauty-vision".

But you'd better start if you want to avoid divorce lawyers and build a truly satisfying shared history with a great woman instead:

1) HOW SHE HANDLES HER ATTRACTIVENESS

Let's take care of the obvious one first.

OK, granted she's a hottie. But what's her ATTITUDE toward her physical beauty?

As it turns out, what SHE thinks about it and how SHE acts upon it is quite probably even more important than how YOU do.

For example, is SHE "clouded by beauty-vision" herself? In other words, does SHE think that being physically attractive is all she needs to get by in life? As such, is that all she obsesses about?

If so, you're dealing with a woman who's going to disappoint you in just about every way OTHER than how she looks.

And even then, after you've put up with enough shallowness THAT may even wear off.

Remember the old saying: "For every beautiful woman out there is a guy who's sick of putting up with her."

Choose the wrong woman instead of one with more depth and that saying could come true for YOU.

As you may have heard before, the most amazing type of woman is the one who genuinely doesn't realize how truly beautiful she is.

Find one of those, be the one who informs her and you'll be a happy man.

2) INTEGRITY

So yes...her CHARACTER matters. This is sort of related to the first point above, but is more holistic in focus.

Instead of simply being obsessed over her looks, a beautiful woman who lacks character may use it in selfish or even manipulative ways.

For example, if she is used to being kowtowed to by men she may go from simply relying on her physical beauty to becoming what I call a "Double Standard Chick".

Case in point: If you get clobbered over the head for even LOOKING at another woman, she shouldn't manipulate you into believing all of her adoring "guy friends" who get frisky with her before your very eyes are "no big deal".

At that point, what began as simple shallowness has turned to the "dark side".

And that's only one possible scenario related to what I'm getting at here.

She may be beautiful, but if she lies, cheats, steals or even fails to do whatever it is she said she was going to do then she's a BAD CHOICE.

Worse, what if she turns out to be a completely different person than who she made herself out to be...or changes course on you in the future?

The ruin that THAT could bring to your life goes without saying.

3) STRENGTH

Years ago someone older gave me some very wise counsel. "Marry a strong woman", he said.

How right he was.

Obviously, we're not talking about hooking up with some chick who can bench press 400 pounds here.

But indeed you want to make sure you select a woman who's not a total weakling, even at the physical level.

You want her to have energy to go on those cool adventures with you, right? And you'd greatly prefer if she weren't sick all the time, no doubt.

And even on a day-to-day basis you want some evidence that she's going to be able to work with you to get things done around the house.

At the emotional level, you don't want to have to feel like her babysitter instead of her lover.

Considering the longer term, you want a PARTNER in handling inevitable challenges that will arise rather than having her reaction to it make matters worse.

This is just 3 of 12 of the things you need to choose the right woman for marriage. To read the complete list Click Here!

Re: 12 Things To Look For When Choosing The Right Wife by SNOWCREAM(m): 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
I only commented because i don't remember asking you any shii undecided
jameslives:
You've been asking me to write more about relationship management.
Re: 12 Things To Look For When Choosing The Right Wife by jameslives: 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
Maybe you haven't been following me SNOWCREAM
Re: 12 Things To Look For When Choosing The Right Wife by jameslives: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Leave a comment and let me know what you think

(1) (Reply)

I Am New How Do I Make Friends Wanna Get Laid / How My Life, Family Was Ruined Because Of Nonchalantness. / Very Good Looking Beyonce Jaw-dropping Look To The Wearable Art Gala (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.