Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story (1610 Views)

The April Fool Message I Sent To My Girlfriend. / Cee-C: The Most Embarrassing Day Of My Life, Someone Saw Me Naked (Video) / Tell Us Your Worst Valentine's Day Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Arsenalholic(m): 1:35am On Apr 01, 2017
Happy new month folks.

As we all know, April 1st is for playing pranks.

I remembered years ago while preparing for WAEC exams, I got a call from my gf's number at some minutes past 12AM (she stays in Benin and I was in Delta). On picking the call, it wasn't her voice I heard...

...but the voice on the other end was hysterical: "Pat (not real name) has just being ferried to the emergency room of x hospital. She just collapsed and nobody knows what happened.

Please pray for her" and the person on the other end dropped the call.

Chai! That was how I, my cousin and a friend who came to read with us started firing prayers for o'er 30 minutes ni. We were like Prophet Elijah praying for fire to coman lap up the waters on the altar.

Like brothers Paul and Silas we prayed, we sang and we even outdid the great envagelists by clapping and dancing. I am sure my parents and siblings mustav thought we were praying for our upcoming exams.

The atmosphere was so charged that if person like bobrisky been dey around that arena I can assure you with all humility that the hotness of the atmosphere would've turned him to the color of beletete instantly (my Warri brothers know wetin DAT one be cheesy)

Well, long story short, after prayers my guys went back to read. I was left alone in the post-prayer session to carry my cross solo. I called and called without anyone picking up.

Na from there I take sleep off.

I was jolted out of a deep slumber by the vibration and ringing of my Nokia 2626. It was a call from "her". Quickly, I picked up the call. The next thing I heard was a prolonged bout of laughter.

"Shioor! Who be this Benin witch when use antenna hack this call ni?" That was the question that came to my mind. I took the phone away from my ear and looked again to confirm if I was onto the right person.

Then I heard it: "look at the date, you have being pranked!"

Chai! ***lights out**** Aye leee oooo ibosi ooo

I just off the phone kpatakpata; too ashamed to even tell my guys that all the time we were firing prayers, devil was just looking at us wondering which brand of weed we took.

The worse part was when Dad walked into the palour in the morning and said "wow! You guys are finally taking this exams seriously. I pray God answers your prayer o".

I just nod my head. But in my mind I was like " if only you know dad... If only you fvcking know".

That was years ago, but I still remember the scenes so vividly.

Over to you Nairalanders, share your embarrassing April fool's day moments just for laffs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Bestinstinct(m): 1:38am On Apr 01, 2017
very funny! will share mine later
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Divay22(f): 1:45am On Apr 01, 2017
Beletete hahahahahaha....

Later I will
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Arsenalholic(m): 1:48am On Apr 01, 2017
Bestinstinct:
very funny! will share mine later
grin Sure... Will look out for them.
Divay22:
Beletete hahahahahaha....

Later I will
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Nobody: 4:29am On Apr 01, 2017
smiley
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 01, 2017
Lemme book space grin
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by AlexCk: 6:59am On Apr 01, 2017
Mine was just this morning,

A friend sent "Wenger resigns, .....read more "
So, saw the message with sleep eye, i was like, hmm, fit be true o, cuz this my frnd na football freak sha

So i clicked on the read more, only to see. ....

"Wenger Resigns!

April Fool in celebration"

I just vex sha,
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Arsenalholic(m): 7:03am On Apr 01, 2017
AlexCk:
Mine was just this morning,

A friend sent "Wenger resigns, .....read more "
So, saw the message with sleep eye, i was like, hmm, fit be true o, cuz this my frnd na football freak sha

So i clicked on the read more, only to see. ....

"Wenger Resigns!

April Fool in celebration"

I just vex sha,
Lol. That one no embarrassing reach na.

But Wenger ain't going anywhere. The signs are obvious
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by missnawty(f): 7:05am On Apr 01, 2017
Mine
My roommie Boyfrnd yaf Bn suspecting her of seeing one particular guy like that and they alws quarel abt it.

So my frnd and I made some plan.. Her bf dosnt stay in the same town with us.

I called him and said 'Emmy I c u really love my frnd Bt I alws pity u, see eh my roomate is dating Sam o, Inshort she didn't sleep at home today, right now right now she's in the guy place and I knw something must happen. Don't see me as a bad frnd oo, I just don't want to keep u in the dark again.. If u think am lyin just call her and tell her to give me the phone grin grin grin

Immiediatly d guy called my frnd..,'how are you? Ah ah y r u calling me by this time? Nothing ooo just give the fone to Ur roomate I wanto tell her something.. My frnd said .. Noooo she's sleeping how will I wake her up by this time .. Nah so they begin quarel.. I say give her the phone.. Blah blah blah
The boy almost cried.. Soo bissshhh ure cheating on me? So it's true! Ure even in a guy place.
He will end the call, call bck again.. See if u knw I am ur bf carry ur adulterous self and start going home now! Ha! By this time?
Pls nah am sorry.. God punish you! Lol blah blah blah

He called me bck to say.. Thank u! Ha god bless u. She's really there oo.. He was lamenting oooo for a long time , said first thing tomoro morning Ayam coming down to town pls don't tell her ooo..
Immiediatly my frnd and I just burst laff... APRIL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by AlexCk: 7:19am On Apr 01, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Lol. That one no embarrassing reach na.

But Wenger ain't going anywhere. The signs are obvious

Lol, i know it's not that embarrassing, but u sef knw say April fools no b only embarrassing moment, na to really annoy person dey involved also,

Bin see d message around 3am o, was like mk i just sight the fone, only to see that yeye msg, lol

Yea, obviously oo, the guy go sign new contract, such a pity that the board are not passionate at all. But if dem lose tmao(and woefully if i may add), omo, e go cast oo
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Arsenalholic(m): 7:42am On Apr 01, 2017
missnawty:
Mine
My roommie Boyfrnd yaf Bn suspecting her of seeing one particular guy like that and they alws quarel abt it.

I called him and said 'Emmy I c u really love my frnd Bt I alws pity u, see eh my roomate is dating Sam o, Inshort she didn't sleep at home today, right now right now she's in the guy place and I knw something must happen. Don't see me as a bad frnd oo, I just don't want to keep u in the dark again.. If u think am lyin just call her and tell her to give me the phone grin grin grin

Immiediatly d guy called my frnd..,'how are you? Ah ah y r u calling me by this time? Nothing ooo just give the fone to Ur roomate I wanto tell her something.. My frnd said .. Noooo she's sleeping how will I wake her up by this time .. Nah so they begin quarel.. I say give her the phone.. Blah blah blah
The boy almost cried.. Soo bissshhh ure cheating on me? So it's true! Ure even in a guy place.
He will end the call, call bck again.. See if u knw I am ur bf carry ur adulterous self and start going home now! Ha! By this time?

He called me bck to say.. Thank u! Ha god bless u. She's really there oo.. He was lamenting oooo for a long time , said first thing tomoro morning Ayam coming down to town pls don't tell her ooo..
Immiediatly my frnd and I just burst laff... APRIL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL grin grin grin
Lol. Dude must've been willing to travel down that night if possible grin
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Arsenalholic(m): 7:44am On Apr 01, 2017
AlexCk:

Lol, i know it's not that embarrassing, but u sef knw say April fools no b only embarrassing moment, na to really annoy person dey involved also,

Bin see d message around 3am o, was like mk i just sight the fone, only to see that yeye msg, lol

Yea, obviously oo, the guy go sign new contract, such a pity that the board are not passionate at all. But if dem lose tmao(and woefully if i may add), omo, e go cast oo
Yh man. You right: that sh*t is annoying.

If he signs a new contract, I will be a passive fan until the dinosaur takes a walk. Haba! Dem curse AFC
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by AlexCk: 7:47am On Apr 01, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Yh man. You right: that sh*t is annoying.

If he signs a new contract, I will be a passive fan until the dinosaur takes a walk. Haba! Dem curse AFC

Ah swear

Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Arsenalholic(m): 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
AlexCk:

Ah swear
Lol. Arsenal fans have a heart made of steel!
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Michellla(f): 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by ClassCaptain(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
okay
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by RedCard88(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
missnawty:
Mine

stop deceiving anybody u kno within urself dat u ar dating anoda guy so y come out on NL 2expose urself. Anyway dat is u ladies ar called weaker vessels.
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Talk2Bella(f): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
grin where's the girlfriend now lool
Re: My Most Embarrassing "April Fool's Day" Story by Arsenalholic(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin where's the girlfriend now lool
Lol. Don't mind her.

She became a shaid of the world and we went our separate ways. Almost 9 years now!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Are You Missing Tonight? / 10 Myths About Men That Are So Wrong / Guys: Why You Should Be Very Careful Of The Girls You Pick At The Club (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.