Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation (1791 Views)

Obasa: 64 Bank Accounts Linked To BVN Of Lagos Assembly Speaker- SaharaReporters / Nigerians React To Alleged Re-arrest Of Publisher, Omoyele Sowore / JUST IN: Dino Gets Sahara Reporters Publisher, Sowore Arrested - AF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by ogechooky: 8:11am On Apr 01, 2017
Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation

The publisher of Saharareporters, Omoyele Sowore, was this night picked up in New York City and taken to Varick Street deportation center where he is awaiting expatriation.

Trouble started for Mr. Sowore when a sheriff attempted to serve Melaye’s defamation court summons. In his effort to argue with the sheriff, New York City police were called. He was immediately picked up and taken to the detention center for processing.

Sowore is not a citizen of the United States and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), under President Donald Trump is quick to remove immigrants involved in the most minute of infractions.

At the moment Saharareporters’ lawyers are scrambling to get to the detention center to appeal against the deportation of Sowore. They will be making a case that the Nigerian authorities are after the Ondo born publisher.

Sources close to Saharareporters said that Sowore’s deportation would take place tomorrow via Arik Air to Abuja, Nigeria. There are indications that the arrest was coordinated with authorities in Nigeria and would be picked up by the DSS in Abuja as soon as he arrives.

1 Like

Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by suso(m): 8:13am On Apr 01, 2017
Link please
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by ogechooky: 8:17am On Apr 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by Dgr8(m): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2017
doubting thomas

Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 8:23am On Apr 01, 2017
April Fool
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by Agimor(m): 8:31am On Apr 01, 2017
The news is as fake as the Op...
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by davodyguy: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2017
Dgr8:
doubting thomas
This is to spite Dino and Saraki
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2017
April fool
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by brostheo(m): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2017
Iffa hear say na truth!
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by Sketchandcraft(m): 8:50am On Apr 01, 2017
April Fool Vs photoshoped
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by ogechooky: 8:58am On Apr 01, 2017
Agimor:
The news is as fake as the Op...
How do you feel now

Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by psucc(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2017
I am very careful about news and posts today. Though I may be tempted to believe some, I will vehemently and wholeheartedly reject any news from Lai Mohammed because today na him day.

2 Likes

Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by kizzyblazee: 9:08am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by mekonglobal(m): 9:38am On Apr 01, 2017
psucc:
I am very careful about news and posts today. Though I may be tempted to believe some, I will vehemently and wholeheartedly reject any news from Lai Mohammed because today na him day.
grin Wicked cheesy
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by Agimor(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2017
ogechooky:

How do you feel now
Same way I felt when I first commented.
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by annnikky(f): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2017
Hope this is not april fool news cos today na april 1 so almost all d news today are fake grin
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by ikp120(m): 11:21am On Apr 01, 2017
Dgr8:
doubting thomas
April Fool!!! grin grin grin grin
This is the original picture that was photoshopped
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by babyfaceafrica: 11:31am On Apr 01, 2017
Fake
Re: Saharareporters’s Publisher Omoyele Sowore Arrested, Facing Deportation by ogechooky: 11:33am On Apr 01, 2017
Agimor:
Same way I felt when I first commented.
Oya clap for yourself

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Country Where Nothing Works / Anambra Election: Apc’s Ifeanyi Ubah Smuggled Out Of PDP Secretariat / The True Origin Of The Name Biafra And The Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.