Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

#JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model (25190 Views)

#worstcustomerserviceinnigeria @jumianigeria Vs @dstvng / Any One With Idea Of A Reliable Delivery Companys / Are You Depressed With Heavy RETURNS Due To Courier Palava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by abdulaz: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

But robbers rob in banks ?

That's true. I kuku give up for naija matter.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2017
Fountaincrest:
Delivery should be done by 2 men
This would create additional expensive​. Their staff will be multiplied by 2!!! Remember every business want to cut down expenses

2 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Apr 02, 2017
abdulaz:

That's true. I kuku give up for naija matter.

LOL
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Death sentence for the culprits.
Jumia needs to retrain drivers on safe package delivery methods and if possible use a dual crew for all delivery packages.... ..
Death sentence is the only solution and this should be carry out in the same week they were arrested!!! Not months or years later coz I don't trust Nigeria police

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:
It's time to look at the possibility of using drones in Nigeria.

Importers, over to you
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by chronique(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2017
wizzywisdom:

Some goods are so big, then the delivery man would be ask to assist in taking the goods inside. remember some people live alone

The buyer should sort himself out.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Lexusgs430: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2017
wizzywisdom:

Death sentence is the only solution and this should be carry out in the same week they were arrested!!! Not months or years later coz I don't trust Nigeria police

They have to be put through the judicial process and sentenced. Their case is open and closed, best they stay in prison small and made to reflect on their crimes, then put them through firing squad......
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

They have to be put through the judicial process and sentenced. Their case is open and closed, best they stay in prison small and made to reflect on their crimes, then put them through firing squad......
Bro they will be bail out!!! Na Naija we de
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by UncleJudax(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2017
Most effective solution is the capping of pay on delivery. Obviously, the two phones were "costly" for the murderers.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 02, 2017
chronique:

The buyer should sort himself out.
The buyer would still come here and complain that the delivery man show not care after the goods got to his location
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by oyienootieno: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:

Not really. I am talking about cargo drones here. They are small drones that will help deliver goods to a particular destination.

With all this PHCN wires hanging everywhere?? My brother kole werk in Naija..

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by persius555(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2017
It's time to start arming delivery personnels. Na naija we dey, people are too prone to commit crime.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by toolovely(m): 9:25am On Apr 02, 2017
chronique:
The moment you start tweaking the payment on delivery method to the extent that the buyer would leave his or her house to go collect the item somewhere else, the service becomes defeated sort of. I really don't know why everything that is being introduced to make life easier for us, gets abused in naija. Sometimes, I feel this country is a cursed land. I think for a start, delivery men should be warned not to enter into people's houses. Anyone who orders an item, should be able to come out of the house to the gate where passersby would be able to see them.

my thought too. the delivery men should not be entering people's houses. stay at the gate, let the person come to the gate to meet them.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by enuelsmith: 9:25am On Apr 02, 2017
Banks are everywhere, Jumia and the rest shld partner with banks as possible locations for pick up points. It protects both the delivery man and the receiver, considering the fact that there are security men within and outside bank premises, and delivery should be done during workn hours and business days
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by factwriter(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2017
Another possible option is for delivery men to be equipped with GPS TRACKERS and or BODY CAMS.
Once they sign to go out for deliver, the Agency starts tracking them in real-time.

Using either live FEEDS from the BODY CAMS or a ROUTE DETOUR INDICATOR on the GPS TRACKER or simple by EVALUATION of the ETA, the Agency can swiftly alert their standby response security team (Police, vigilante or whatever).

At least, this will help keep this online COD business alive till some better future solution is achieved.

Rest in peace, Jumia Man.

2 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by factwriter(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2017
wizzywisdom:

Even if police can be trusted, the simple fact that they (culprits) are executed within a week of apprehension will likely send a chill down the spine of would-be-murderers and possibly deter some.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by jaymichael(m): 10:09am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:
Them go steal the drone. No be we Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 02, 2017
I bought on Konga and Jumia for several years now

Pay on delivery is a stupid idea. It works perfectly for Amazon but here it won't.

Several times when I received a defective item, I have never been refunded. They saw my money has become Konga credit.

I should have a freedom of choice not to be forced to spend that amount there.

The best and safest option is to deliver outside the gate or to go to their office to pick up your goods as I do.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2017
the best solution is for the buyer to come meet the delivery man at the nearest bus stop of the buyer's house or office.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2017
factwriter:
Another possible option is for delivery men to be equipped with GPS TRACKERS and or BODY CAMS.
Once they sign to go out for deliver, the Agency starts tracking them in real-time.

Using either live FEEDS from the BODY CAMS or a ROUTE DETOUR INDICATOR on the GPS TRACKER or simple by EVALUATION of the ETA, the Agency can swiftly alert their standby response security team (Police, vigilante or whatever).

At least, this will help keep this online COD business alive till some better future solution is achieved.

Rest in peace, Jumia Man.
you watch too many movies eh? i laughed when you wrote this "the Agency can swiftly alert their standby response security team (Police, vigilante or whatever). this isnt APB tv series, this is Nigeria where shiit goes sideways. how many standby response team is available in Nigeria?
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Otulord(m): 11:13am On Apr 02, 2017
edewojames:
Nigerians will steal d drone
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by CellTabRepairs: 11:50am On Apr 02, 2017
In finding workable solutions Jumia and other online outlets need not defeat the market differentiator that attracts business to them which is shopping at the comfort of your home and have that ac or deep freezer brought to you eliminating logistics hassles on the buyer's part at a fee. That fee is part of the Jumia income for haulage.

Therefore any policy they must adopt must include :

1. Assessment of the nature of the product and price for risk as well as convenience to the buyer.
2. Reevaluation of payment option on their software platform on a case-by-case basis (the product and the price)
3. Use of UBER kind of software/GIS tracking for each delivery man/transport van or motorbike monitored from an area control centre. I understand they use distributed courier services of partner courier companies like ABG sometimes for multiple orders by an individual.
4. For certain orders, there must be more than one delivery agent. One at the wheel, another at the customer’s service. They also should be trained to assume personal responsibility for their safety in conducting delivery. Gates should suffice (no house entry)
5. There are more.... For example, multiple cellphone numbers call buyers to inform about delivery. This eliminates monitoring for quality control, transaction completed logging etc. The company should have a synchronised delivery agent telecom system.
Let me stop here...and keep the rest

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by netmillionaires(m): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2017
These thugs will still point gun to your butt on the stree and ask you to keep smiling as you walk into the building. I think it should be a common knowledge that delivery men don't enter buildings when they go to deliver so that people will suspect foul play when they see anything contrary to that.
SalamRushdie:
Delivery men must never ever enter into a customers compound, house or office ...let all deliveries be concluded in the open streets

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by mekadmiry(m): 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
UncleJudax:
Most effective solution is the capping of pay on delivery. Obviously, the two phones were "costly" for the murderers.
I don't think so
If you set a cap of 20k, what happens if an honest person orders for goods worth 100k?
Me, I can't pay upfront for goods I've not yet received.
Jumia will abuse it.....I will go and pay 100k in the bank, and they will bring damages goods which I can't return because my money has entered their hands

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by tk4rd: 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
chronique:
The moment you start tweaking the payment on delivery method to the extent that the buyer would leave his or her house to go collect the item somewhere else, the service becomes defeated sort of. I really don't know why everything that is being introduced to make life easier for us, gets abused in naija. Sometimes, I feel this country is a cursed land. I think for a start, delivery men should be warned not to enter into people's houses. Anyone who orders an item, should be able to come out of the house to the gate where passersby would be able to see them.
I support the Stopping at the Gate option, or calling the person to give the name of the neatest Landmark Structure where he can come out to collect it.. Landmarks such as Churches, Schools, Town/Village halls, or Village Fields or open squares, or market place.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by breadtom: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
Somto4u..com.ng
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by hermosa7: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
MVLOX:
As a jumia sales consultant I always recommend the pick up station for my customers

What's the purpose of ordering for something if it's never gonna get to my doorstep? Here are my suggestions going forward:

1. If it's a company, do PoD
2. Delivery men should be trained in the art of self defense as is being practiced abroad
3. If item isn't very expensive and customer is a tried and tested one, do PoD
4. No delivery man should enter a private residence.

It's bad deal for online shopping malls to cancel PoD because of a single incident. It may seem callous but the pros far outweighs the cons, so let them think outside the delivery box - literally.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by chronique(m): 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
wizkidblogger:

and also collect huge money where passers by will see them abi?

How much exactly is the huge money? 500k? 1m? The buyer can easily do online transfer, or jumia provides their despatch riders/delivery men with pos if they think the raw cash is too much. Some people move around with that much and you will never know.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by 4everGrand(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
They should partner with eateries, local govt offices (even though agberos might disturb sha), sports centres. Just identify cool public places to deliver items.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Burgerlomo: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
They suppose to open a pick up centers where customers can pickup their goods after making payments online, or pick up their goods at the centers where only Credit/Debit cards is accepted as a form of payment method with a picture I.D cards as a proof of identification, and of course the centers CCTV cameras will be working 24/7.
The other method they can use is for them to completely eliminate the payment​ on delivery systems, and have all the transactions​ completed online and after that deliver the goods to the buyer.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by UncleJudax(m): 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
mekadmiry:

I don't think so
If you set a cap of 20k, what happens if an honest person orders for goods worth 100k?
Me, I can't pay upfront for goods I've not yet received.
Jumia will abuse it.....I will go and pay 100k in the bank, and they will bring damages goods which I can't return because my money has entered their hands
Well, you don't trust Jumia, but their trust killed the delivery man.

All online retailers can be compelled to make changes, including possible return of goods.

Where I live, I pay before delivery (always) and return (within 30days) if specifications are not as described.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Hisreplica: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
I think it's high time those delivering men stopped delivering goods at door post or secluded places. Goods should be delivered probably in the nearest bus stop/public places

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Naira Depreciated By 23% In 4 Days — Currency Dealers, Analysts / First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert / How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.