Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

#JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model (25193 Views)

#worstcustomerserviceinnigeria @jumianigeria Vs @dstvng / Any One With Idea Of A Reliable Delivery Companys / Are You Depressed With Heavy RETURNS Due To Courier Palava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by JAtoms: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
JUMIA SHOULD HAVE OUTLETS / MINI POST OFFICE IN EACH CITY
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
chronique:
The moment you start tweaking the payment on delivery method to the extent that the buyer would leave his or her house to go collect the item somewhere else, the service becomes defeated sort of. I really don't know why everything that is being introduced to make life easier for us, gets abused in naija. Sometimes, I feel this country is a cursed land. I think for a start, delivery men should be warned not to enter into people's houses. Anyone who orders an item, should be able to come out of the house to the gate where passersby would be able to see them.
true i think there is form of orientation these companies has given them not to enter any body's compound, like those konga delivery men will not enter ur compound.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by bamasite(m): 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

Jumai had to introduce pay at delivery after many customers complained about the quality of their products especially cloth items.

If they hadn't screwed up the first time around maybe Nigerians would have been confident about paying online and getting the quality they saw on their website.
YOU ARE VERY CORRECT! I WANTED TO ALSO ADD THAT. IF YOU ARE A BUYER, YOU CANNOT HELP BUT FEEL DISGUST WITH THE LOW QUALITY ITEMS SELLERS​ PARADE AND SOMETIMES TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT IS DISPLAYED. MY EXPERIENCE BUYING A XIAOMI POWER BANK THERE FORCED ME TO CONTACT XIAOMI DIRECTLY TO BUY FOR MYSELF AND FEW OTHERS THAT APPRECIATE QUALITY. MY BROTHER SAW A NICE MALE WATCH AND ORDERED IT. HE WAS SHOCKED WHEN A SMALL LADIES WATCH WAS DELIVERED TO HIM. HE PAID THE DELIVERY MAN OUT OF PITY.
THE PROBLEM WITH THIS IS THAT IT STRESSES FEW GENUINE MERCHANTS LIKE US WHO INSIST ON QUALITY EVEN IF IT MEANS VERY LITTLE PROFIT TO US OR LOW SALES

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by profbabatunde: 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by ajl: 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
The solution is simple. Jumia should implement biometric data (photo only) capture once a user click payment on delivery. More so, capture their address from a state issued ID during sugn-up if they choose payment on delivery as an option to deliver products to them in the future. You already have it stuck in their mind that you will come for them if something go wrong on delivery. And most importantly Jumia should state categorically that the biometric data is being collected for security purpose.

I am not sure Jumia have "risk" or "de-risk" their entire delivery model very well. If I find it okay to bring a product to your door step without you paying, then you should be okay with me collecting additional information on you.

Here in the West, product delivery work fine most times because payment are done with credit cards, and the bank/seller has your biometric data already. Even if any of these big companies opt for the payment on delivery option they will surely put a layer of security in between to guarantee delivery agents security; especially in the USA where many people carry arms lawfully. How can you send an agent to a stranger"'s den who could potentially be a criminal. Jumia may be putting money before the lives of their delivery agents.

(*writer is a scientist and inventor)
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by factwriter(m): 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
prettyboi1989:

you watch too many movies eh? i laughed when you wrote this "the Agency can swiftly alert their standby response security team (Police, vigilante or whatever). this isnt APB tv series, this is Nigeria where shiit goes sideways. how many standby response team is available in Nigeria?

I am not fantasizing, this is a business investment valued well at over a hundred million Naira. Enacting personal security mechanism is very well within the reach of any serious company of such standing.

Have you ever heard of any Dangote haulage being hit (robbed) anywhere within Nigeria or even across West or Central Africa?

Where security is Concern we mustn't lose hope or be discourage by our police ineptitude, we should explore technology and innovations, it works.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
factwriter:

I am not fantasizing, this is a business investment valued well at over a hundred million Naira. Enacting personal security mechanism is very well within the reach of any serious company of such standing.

Have you ever heard of any Dangote haulage being hit (robbed) anywhere within Nigeria or even across West or Central Africa?

Where security is Concern we mustn't lose hope or be discourage by our police ineptitude, we should explore technology and innovations, it works.

who would want to steal heavy bags of cement? or boxes of sugar in the middle of the road? on the flip side they may have an armed personnel in the truck with the driver that are most likely there to prevent extortion along d road.
Provision of security is left in the hands of the police. where there is limitation in the availabily of security personnels the ecommerce companies can only improvise to reduce risks associated with delivery. these companies dont own the goods they sell, they only make a percentage off the profit gained from the sale of the products. so it will be in their best interest to reduce cost of operation and delivery risks.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by akocce(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
chronique:
The moment you start tweaking the payment on delivery method to the extent that the buyer would leave his or her house to go collect the item somewhere else, the service becomes defeated sort of. I really don't know why everything that is being introduced to make life easier for us, gets abused in naija. Sometimes, I feel this country is a cursed land. I think for a start, delivery men should be warned not to enter into people's houses. Anyone who orders an item, should be able to come out of the house to the gate where passersby would be able to see them.
this is simply d best option, why would anyone want a stranger like a random delivery man to enter their house? Sounds fishy enough, and also why would a delivery man enter a customer's house? I was meet d delivery guys outside my gate! This is what the company should should hammer on when training their staff.

2 Likes

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by MVLOX(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
hermosa7:

What's the purpose of ordering for something if it's never gonna get to my doorstep? Here are my suggestions going forward:

1. If it's a company, do PoD
2. Delivery men should be trained in the art of self defense as is being practiced abroad
3. If item isn't very expensive and customer is a tried and tested one, do PoD
4. No delivery man should enter a private residence.

It's bad deal for online shopping malls to cancel PoD because of a single incident. It may seem callous but the pros far outweighs the cons, so let them think outside the delivery box - literally.

Dis is quite brilliant

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by cybriz82(m): 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
donnie:

Drones to follow each delivery man?

lolzzzzzzzz...no mind dat one..ask am weda na him go dey charge d drone battery for air...

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by Codes151(m): 8:55am On Apr 03, 2017
After the old fools will say we are not ready to take over!! Will obj or atiku reason like these young Nigerians?? See lovely ideas both on fb n nairaland...
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by donnie(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2017
cybriz82:

lolzzzzzzzz...no mind dat one..ask am weda na him go dey charge d drone battery for air...

grin
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by donnie(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2017
Tazdroid:
grin it would be a night delivery when boys have hibernated

Boys can turn night to day if need be. cheesy
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by cybriz82(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
donnie:

Oowk yeah... provided boyz dont shoot them down. grin

shoot abi stone...? wetin drone fit carry cn a drone raise a ps3 console..e b like daf guy no knw wetin b drone.
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by cybriz82(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Delivery men must never ever enter into a customers compound, house or office ...let all deliveries be concluded in the open streets

period n simple as Abc...all dis talk abt drone..goods below 20k...bla bla prrrrr e no go work..they shud always meet outside on d street,bus stop.brt bustop,fastfood outlet..simple.

1 Like

Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by cybriz82(m): 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
some people will see stuff worth 5k on jiji..n ask you to bring it for them from ikotun to lekki...can u imagine
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by donnie(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
dacza:
boyz will be hunting drones like they be hunting birds

Some with catapults grin

grin
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by AuroraB(f): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2017
ojobabafemi:
Every town and city should have their own pick up centres that you'll pay to their cashier on the spot or you come with bank tellers.
And Nigerians no sabi fake Tellers oooooo shocked grin
Re: #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model by docjuli(m): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2017
edewojames:

Not really. I am talking about cargo drones here. They are small drones that will help deliver goods to a particular destination.

Yudala has done it before, I wonder why they stopped. It was even televised on ChannelvTV that day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert / How You Can Get Tax Exemption Like TSTV / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.