Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency (2554 Views)

We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun / Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency / Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by edunwablog: 11:11am On Apr 01, 2017
The Personal Assistant on Social Media to the President, Lauretta Onochie, has insisted that President Muhammadu Buhari will not take any drastic measures against the National Assembly.
In a statement on Facebook, Onochie said Buhari would not behave like former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan amid the face-off between the executive and the legislature.
She said: “I understand when well-meaning Nigerians call on President Buhari to ‘descend’ on the National Assembly, the Senate in particular. After all, that’s what Presidents Jonathan and Obasanjo did.
“With all due respect, it would appear, and was very clear, even to the blind that what Nigeria had under President Obasanjo was democracy tinged with autocratic tendencies.
“President Buhari is a man of honour. He has vowed to give Nigerians a democratic leadership and he will not be pressured into breaking that vow.”
Onochie said Nigerians should descend on the Senate, instead of asking the President to do so.
“This idea of wanting our President to break constitutional provisions that recognise separation of powers is nothing but a total cop out on the side of Nigerians. We must have democracy in a democratic setting.
“Nigerians did it in January of 2012. That was when we recovered the executive arm of our government. The elections of 2015 merely confirmed that Nigerians actually recovered their government.”
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/buhari-will-not-act-like-obasanjo.html

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by ZombieTERROR: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2017
Buhari cannot do nada
He was never meant to be president
All he wants is to look after his cows in daura... Nigerian politics is too complex for his brain to decipher
All this strain will soon send the old man back to London hospital
Let's all help this man, someones husband ,father, grandfather retire well in daura

Join me in saying
RESIGN NOW BABA

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 11:18am On Apr 01, 2017
cheesy LOL ..The president will not descend on the Senate but want the masses to descend on the Senate cheesy

We want to also tell you that we don't want to descend on the NASS because we respect democracy and separation of powers.

Let's leave the matter like that cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Masculity(m): 11:19am On Apr 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by sarrki(m): 11:20am On Apr 01, 2017
Both Baba obj and Gej act in the best interest of the nation at that time

I want to believe that pmb knows about all what saraki is doing all this while
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by fabuloz1(m): 11:34am On Apr 01, 2017
What's this one saying? undecided Buhari that has already go against the constitution is still playing saint?
Meanwhile, I was so hungry that I had to cook rice and I added igbo inside.
My Dad came back saw me eating, collected the food and finished all. To cut the story short, he's at the sitting room now taking selfie with remote grin grin grin
Should I tell my family members what happened?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2017
sarrki:
Both Baba obj and Gej act in the best interest of the nation at that time

I want to believe that pmb knows about all what saraki is doing all this while

The presidency said that both OBJ and GEJ are autocratic and did not act in the interest of the nation ..

PMB knows what Saraki is doing and he has said that Sarrki, I and other NLers should descend on him.

Count me out.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by jollymizzle(m): 11:50am On Apr 01, 2017
Lol does this woman thinks she can deceive anyone with that trash. If buhari make any silly move he ll be impeached. Anybody in doubt should ask him/herself to name just 5 powerful allies of Mr sick president. He is alone, sick and weak. His wife tried her best but it wasn't just enough

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by eleojo23: 11:51am On Apr 01, 2017
Mtcheew...! sad
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Funlordjnr: 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2017
fabuloz1:
What's this one saying? undecided Buhari that has already go against the constitution is still playing saint?
Meanwhile, I was so hungry that I had to cook rice and I added igbo inside.
My Dad came back saw me eating, collected the food and finished all. To cut the story short, he's at the sitting room now taking selfie with remote grin grin grin
Should I tell my family members what happened?

Stale crap! In fact...... angry

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Ceema1(f): 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hmmmm,

Madam Onochi, I am pro Buhari and I want Mr president to take action against these our useless senators or we will never forgive him for watching saraki and co tearing our future apart.

Enough is Enough.
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by hucienda: 12:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
Madam Lauretta again? cheesy

No surprise on Jonathan. Only surprise is Obasanjo ... thought he was immune from your bashing. I thought Nigeria was created by Lugard in May 2010 ... ehn M. Lauretta?

Anyway continue working for your BMC bread.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Pieromania: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
People will die of hate towards PMB.if he acts,they call him tyrant,he doesn't they call him a weakling.
If PMB wants to descend on NASS he will do it and get away with it and nothing will happen,infact it is very easy. Simply deploy DSS to baricade national assembly and prevent pro Saraki group frm entering,then the house leader leads others into the chamber,somebody moves a motion for impeachment and then impeach him and let him go to court,b4 they finish perfecting judging his case,4 yrs don pass.
Saraki is the most disobedient and power hungry surbodinate i have ever seeing.he did same in Kwara with his father,now he has started same in NASS,anywhr u find him,he Is always a confusionist.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by doctokwus: 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
A president that allows a chronic criminal to head the senate, that allows thieves to surround him, that allows a man that wants to fight corruption to a stand still to be rejected,that only allowed d redeployment of indicted budget padding officials,that doesn't want to disclose how much has been wasted on his numerous medical trips abroad,while budgetting billions for Aso rock clinic etc.
Is that kind of person a president!
Is not that Buhari cannot do anything to the senate,rather he lacks d sincerity and mental capacity to do anything!!
Buhari shud resign for Osinbajo if he claims to actually love Nigeria because his continued presence as president is becoming irritating and nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Ceema1(f): 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
jollymizzle:
Lol does this woman thinks she can deceive anyone with that trash. If buhari make any silly move he ll be impeached. Anybody in doubt should ask him/herself to name just 5 powerful allies of Mr sick president. He is alone, sick and weak. His wife tried her best but it wasn't just enough
Shataap there joor. Kids/ semi illiterates everywhere. Do u know what it takes to impeached a sitting president do u know how many process it will go through before impeaching a president? Or u think it's only senate that can impeached a sitting president? No allow me use dis my anger for ur matter o? Ipod zombie.
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Ceema1(f): 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
Pieromania:
People will die of hate towards PMB.if he acts,they call him tyrant,he doesn't they call him a weakling.
If PMB wants to descend on NASS he will do it and get away with it and nothing will happen,infact it is very easy. Simply deploy DSS to baricade national assembly and prevent pro Saraki group frm entering,then the house leader leads others into the chamber,somebody moves a motion for impeachment and then impeach him and let him go to court,b4 they finish perfecting judging his case,4 yrs don pass.
Saraki is the most disobedient and power hungry surbodinate i have ever seeing.he did same in Kwara with his father,now he has started same in NASS,anywhr u find him,he Is always a confusionist.
True talk. See,me I no like this holy weh PMB they form. Na d holiness weh him form cause all these rubbish that he can work with any body. people like saraki need to be handle with hot iron hand for them to learn their lessons. I just hate his silence on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by OLADD: 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
Irresponsible woman! Does Buhari still possess the political clout and presidential mein needed to go after the Senate? Buhari has since lost his prestige the moment he virtually begged to have Saraki visit him at the Villa more than 5 times before he went for medical vacation. He has virtually sold himself out as a weakling as far as the presidency is concerned and no amount of packaging by Lauretta can coverup the obvious. As it's now, any attempt to wield any stick against the Senate would lead to his impeachment and opprobrium. Presently, it's Buhari that needs the Senate and not the other way round.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Okanokan(m): 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
From all indication and my net interaction with Lauretta i can confidently say that she TALKS before THINKING. She is unwittingly more dangerous to democracy than PMB, instead of making friends and supporters for PMB, she makes enemies for the President through unneccessary combative and combustive statements on daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Bizibi(m): 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
dunkem21:

The presidency said that both OBJ and GEJ are autocratic and did not act in the interest of the nation ..

PMB knows what Saraki is doing and he has said that Sarrki, I and other NLers should descend on him.

Count me out.
lolzzzz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by jollymizzle(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
Ceema1:
Shataap there joor. Kids/ semi illiterates everywhere. Do u know what it takes to impeached a sitting president do u know how many process it will go through before impeaching a president? Or u think it's only senate that can impeached a sitting president? No allow me use dis my anger for ur matter o? Ipod zombie.
this nairaland sef, me ipob zombie. Anyway that's my opinion which I'm entitled to, be thankful I'm in a happy mood. Now get the hell off my mention

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Pieromania: 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
Ceema1:
True talk. See,me I no like this holy weh PMB they form. Na d holiness weh him form cause all these rubbish that he can work with any body. people like saraki need to be handle with hot iron hand for them to learn their lessons. I just hate his silence on this matter.
Let him shw those guy what executive power is,no matter how rightly he behaves,he would be abused,so let him wield his hammer on them,especially Saraki and Melaye, he needs to deal with those guys or else,he wil be harrased so much to the point of bowing.How can a ruling party be acting like opposition,Saraki has turned himself to Lord over the party.
This are the things Tinubu saw and alerted PMB earlier enough but was acting Mr Democrat,Nigeria is not yet ripe for that kind of politics that PMB is playing
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by sammyj: 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
PMB as done worst than both OBJ and Jonathan put together if he allows the shenanigans, inpunity and corruption in the house especially in the Sinate to continue. Let PMB continu we are watching!!! shocked angry cool cool
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by President99: 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
The vegetable knew what Nigerians want is decisive action against corruption and not mere double standard rule of law. Buhari, are u aware of hw many lives were lost to make sure u bcome the president? U promised us heaven n earth prior to the election! U pledged to provide critical infrastructures, 1#=1$ but now u r claiming rule of law. Okay, U want to claim rule of law on NASS's case but flouting court orders in the case of Kanu, Dasuki and Shiite leader? almost 1000 shiites and hundreds of harmless protesting Biafrans were killed but u never talked of rule of law. I regret campaigning for u. double standard bigot

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by ephi123(f): 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
President99:
The vegetable knew what Nigerians want is decisive action against corruption and not mere double standard rule of law. Buhari, are u aware of hw many lives were lost to make sure u bcome the president? U promised us heaven n earth prior to the election! U pledged to provide critical infrastructures, 1#=1$ but now u r claiming rule of law. Okay, U want to claim rule of law on NASS's case but flouting court orders in the case of Kanu, Dasuki and Shiite leader? almost 1000 shiites and hundreds of harmless protesting Biafrans were killed but u never talked of rule of law. I regret campaigning for u. double standard bigot

Now he's delivered hell on earth after the elections.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by mekaboy(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
But he disregards court orders.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by freeze001(f): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
shocked grin tongue
doctokwus:
A president that allows a chronic criminal to head the senate, that allows thieves to surround him, that allows a man that wants to fight corruption to a stand still to be rejected,that only allowed d redeployment of indicted budget padding officials,that doesn't want to disclose how much has been wasted on his numerous medical trips abroad,while budgetting billions for Aso rock clinic etc.
Is that kind of person a president!
Is not that Buhari cannot do anything to the senate,rather he lacks d sincerity and mental capacity to do anything!!
Buhari shud resign for Osinbajo if he claims to actually love Nigeria because his continued presence as president is becoming irritating and nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by freeze001(f): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2017
cheesy grin tongue tongue
President99:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by Newbiee: 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Well said Madam.
Baba is a reformed democrats. You don't have to act wrongly to make things right.
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by orunto27: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
The Three are different in Brain and Braun principles and practices.
Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by kutchs: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
What reasons have I to go against the Senate as suggested by this cocaine sniffing old bitch?

Nigerians would be stupid to heed her call, what happened to separation of powers, one of the pillars upon which our democracy is built? Is the Senate supposed to approve anything and anyone sent to it by the president? If the Senate has any reason to reject any proposal from the executive,it should do so and damn the old Buffon.

In the US, the Congress shut down Trump's move to repeal Obamacare, did the US presidency ask Americans to go against the Congress? Why must our own be different?

I have said it previously and I will keep saying it, Buhari and his party are gradually destroying our democracy and sacred institutions and Nigerians sit idly and watch them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by mrnigerdelta: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2017
the only thing this woman have to offer is her pussy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Act Like Obasanjo, Jonathan – Presidency by seguno2: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Why are we black people so backward and primitive?
Why should we even think that the president can deal with the National Assembly of senators and representatives who are supposed to be a check and balance mechanism for avoiding a corrupt hypocrite becoming a dictator?
Are we so daft?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Chibok Girls Always Released Before Democracy Day? / 1 Igbo Man Is Equivalent To 500 Hausa Men – Popular Cleric, Ebube-muonso [video] / Thread!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.