Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React (59581 Views)

Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 / BBNaija: Khafi Is A Sex Addict - Gedoni (Nigerians React) / New Prices For GOtv And DStv Subscription Take Effect From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by emperorAY(m): 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
Monopoly![b]Monopoly![/b]Monopoly!
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by BabaCommander: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
Please who is DSTV? He should know that Buhari is sick. We are buying drugs for him so wo don't have money now.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by emperorAY(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
Monopoly![b]Monopoly![/b]Monopoly! Bad for business
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Ps3ver: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
DSTV is currently trending on Twitter and the reason is not far-fetched. DSTV subscribers have received a text disclosing a price increase for all its satellite pay TV bouquets in Nigeria as from 1st May, 2017.

Nigerians have already shown how dissatisfied they are with this, as they alleged that DSTV which is owned by Multichoice, is taking advantage of the monopoly in the market. It is also alleged the company said that for one to lock in his/her old rates, the subscriber has to pay for one year.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/dstv-subscription-price-to-increase.html

APRIL FOOL's day never end?
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by toluxa1(m): 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
They will use the increment to pay the MTN fine.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by orobs93(m): 9:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
georgee:
I av stopped using DSTV since OCT 2015. I downgraded to goTv and watch all my football on my smartphone/Laptop with my wifi.. DSThieves can go to hell

How far bross how person go fit take watch am well nah
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by texazzpete(m): 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
Saintsammurai:
who still waste time on TV this days?
my smartphone is my TV..
its even better than dstv, because with a month glo subscription, i have the world on my hands.

Easy for you to say. You're single.

5 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by lukui: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
pls keep using it oh!!! thank God I use star times!!! NIGERIANS VERY PATHETIC!!!
mtn will cut their money to SA
dstv will increase its tariff
and they will still carry their girlfriend to shop rite!!!!
WHEN THEY REACH SOUTH AFRICA, those guys will beat shoot and kill them all in the name if xenophobia!!!!!!
#THEREISNOCOUNTRYLIKENIGERIA #GODBLESSNIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Akbaba3310(m): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
I knew their open week get reason.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by introvertme: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
Saintsammurai:
my smartphone is my TV..
its even better than dstv, because with a month glo subscription, i have the world on my hands.

Same here ooo Glo 18 Gigabyte !!!

YouTube>Fz>O2

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
very good dstv, continue to increase it ooo. Nigerians are will subscribe because they don't have anything to do with thier money. let it reache 25k very soon.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by thanknairaland1: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
kpafu kpafu!!!

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by MosD: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
Do people still subscribe dstv? Startimes ti take over. Patronise naija, grow naija

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by 234GT(m): 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
Gotv plus has been increased to 1900, from 1800. All na change.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by MrTypist: 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
We the ones at fault here.

We hold dstv and Mtn at high esteem.

When we boycut them, their brain will reformat.

Instead we keep wailing in our homes and on keyboards.

Fvck dstv, mobdro with data TV ti take over.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by ManMountain(m): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
To hell with Dstv!!!
I have UKTVNOW on my android Tv box and Kodi!!!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Agimor(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
Stupid DSTV. CTL all the way.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by mechanics(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
I no send them o, am okay with startimes.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by alobright17(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
softwerk:
It's April Fool guys; DSTV too funny grin

I disagree with you, the April fool prank would've be from 13,980 down to 5k.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by VULCAN(m): 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2017
You sound surprised. Have you forgotten that Nigeria is a third world country? How many first class institutions or infrastructure can you find here?

neoOduduwa:
This makes no sense. The naira has strengthened, prices should be falling not the other way round. undecided

It's really embarrassing that a country like Nigeria doesn't have her own world class Cable TV company.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2017
If them like make dem increase am go #50,000. Oyo is their case.
Gotv does it for me.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by amazon14: 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
That's the only thing we known how to do best React.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
FILEBE:
bloggers' words : react, slay , sultry, scandal, indecent star...
Lmao. You forgot to add 'steps out' grin grin Its like they have no other words in their dictionary
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by IBpaul(m): 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Saintsammurai:
my smartphone is my TV..

Interested in that Glo
Give me details cos I need migration
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by smartty68(m): 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
MrTypist:
We the ones at fault here.

We hold dstv and Mtn at high esteem.

When we boycut them, their brain will reformat.

Instead we keep wailing in our homes and on keyboards.

Fvck dstv, mobdro with data TV ti take over.
Your comment is the best I've seen on the particular thread. While the guys above/below will be blaming Buhari. It is high time we look beyond depending on the government because they've failed us - "The fight for positive change is ours and not of the government". As long as we still depend on our government, we will never get to the promise land.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by nams77: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
Saintsammurai:
my smartphone is my TV..
How? Do you download films or what? Hint me bro
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by swagifted(m): 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2017
Sub ntel 4G unlimited 10k,..use ur android tv,.. Sub gotv 1800(just incase all else fails) .=11,800... Still cheaper than the price de r shifting from... Oh my love for capitalism.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Moving4: 10:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
When we have a govt DAT can't reason good 4 her masses except putting money in deir pockets, Shits like dese will always happen... Y must we pay more Dan oda countries?
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by fabuloz1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
veekid:

Gotv is not included. Aproko

Gotv is there grin

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by JayEntaur(m): 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
sdavirus:
It's those of you still patronising. Get a smart tv, get ntel....thank me later. Besides, CMTV is there

Care to explain further?
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
in just a space of 2 years Dstv has hiked their prices if subscription, do I blame them? Hell no! cos they know foolish Nigerians will still pay no matter what.
I have been in Ghana and never for one day have I heard that they increases subscription fees over here.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by empiregalaxy(m): 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
UnknownT:
angry Come on!!! This is bullshit! Inasmuch we all know and agree that the cost of running business in the country is high, this one is uncalled for cool , how much dem increase gotv own? I never get the sms grin

Nah #100 dae add making it 1900

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Erica And Kiddwaya Get A Final Warning From Biggie / Tboss' Family Denies Marriage & Child Rumours After These Photos Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.