Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React (59591 Views)

Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 / BBNaija: Khafi Is A Sex Addict - Gedoni (Nigerians React) / New Prices For GOtv And DStv Subscription Take Effect From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by georgee(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2017
kelvyn7:

please, how do you watch your football on your smart phone and laptop?

Download these Apps on ur phone:
http://www.livetvindia.co.in/sportstv2.0.3.apk
uk.tvnow.net/download.php
Use these links to check which TV station will show which match:
http://m.kora-live.tv/index.html
www.livesoccertv.com
Use this link to watch ANY match on ur laptop
ifirstrow.eu
U ar home ans dry..I repeat, DSThieves can go to hell
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by apollo13(m): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2017
sdavirus:
It's those of you still patronising. Get a smart tv, get ntel....thank me later. Besides, CMTV is there
Tell me more, after getting ntel, what's next?
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by apollo13(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2017
sdavirus:
It's those of you still patronising. Get a smart tv, get ntel....thank me later. Besides, CMTV is there
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by orobs93(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2017
georgee:

Send me pm

Okay
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by georgee(m): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2017
orobs93:

Okay
www.livesoccertv.com
ifirstrow.eu
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by georgee(m): 7:59am On Apr 02, 2017
To those who wanna ditch DSThieves as i av since done.
Pls do this
www.livesoccertv.com
ifirstrow.eu
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by orobs93(m): 8:06am On Apr 02, 2017
georgee:

www.livesoccertv.com
ifirstrow.eu

Lol
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by kelvyn7: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2017
georgee:
Download these Apps on ur phone: http://www.livetvindia.co.in/sportstv2.0.3.apk uk.tvnow.net/download.php . Use these links to check which TV station will show which match: http://m.kora-live.tv/index.html www.livesoccertv.com . Use this link to watch ANY match on ur laptop ifirstrow.eu . U ar home ans dry..I repeat, DSThieves can go to hell
Thanks ...I will try it
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Jay542(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2017
Extortion at its peakangry
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by divinelove(m): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2017
Who still uses DSTV grin grin grin grin

They can go n die joor

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by diteh(m): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2017
Those xenophobic assholes. btw is startimes Nigeria still operating because i have dump their decorder for almost 2 yrs now because lack of power supply in Eputu
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Nackzy: 9:35am On Apr 02, 2017
I wish it was a country were leaders can act intuitively....this South African guys are rili taking us for a ride....Dstv started with 4500 now is 14700, gotv was 1200 nw it's 1900.....Govt should stop Dstv from operating until they reduce their price.... Where are the Nigerian competitors? ....we have more than 20 billioniers from Nigeria who can team up n buy TV rights form this assholes

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by swagifted(m): 9:41am On Apr 02, 2017
netmillionaires:
Is the ntel unlimited truly unlimited? I need it to stream KODI on my PC and beam it on TV...
yep. Just fair usage, at some point, the speed will be throttled.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by jpphilips(m): 10:24am On Apr 02, 2017
Dat9jakid:
bro, glo is very reliable now o.... I can attest to this, I do stream live without stress or buffer issues.. .. I don't know of the normal sim o but I'm using the 4glte sim and it hasn't disappointed me for the past 3 months now

Glo is the most stup!d network in the world. Especially in Ph. No human being deserve a network like glo. Glo is a disgrace to technology.pray that a number 444 doesnt call you asking you to upgrade your bouquet without asking why you have over 40gig from last year's subscriptions, 3g network with data rate of 9kb/s, Glo is the only network in Nigeria that runs 2g network in default mode, if you get close to a mast, you may get 3g at a ridiculous speed very hopeless people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Teespice(f): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
times like this I really wish HiTv was strong enough to break the monopoly of dstv.

what we have now, no offense to star times and the rest is small fish dstv is capable of crushing without blinking.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by filcast(m): 10:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Hypocrites! All of una don quiet.If its NEPA naa everywhere go explode: "we will beat them up", "How can i pay for what i didnt use?". Why do we hate our own so much? This is a foreign firm that offers 'pay a u go' option in their native country but not in Nigeria - their biggest market. Shame!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 02, 2017
diteh:
Those xenophobic assholes. btw is startimes Nigeria still operating because i have dump their decorder for almost 2 yrs now because lack of power supply in Eputu

I am on startimes... it is N3600 for the highest package (with antenna NOT dish) and i get around 92 channels.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by otokx(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2017
jpphilips:

Glo is the most stup!d network in the world. Especially in Ph. No human being deserve a network like glo. Glo is a disgrace to technology.pray that a number 444 doesnt call you asking you to upgrade your bouquet without asking why you have over 40gig from last year's subscriptions, 3g network with data rate of 9kb/s, Glo is the only network in Nigeria that runs 2g network in default mode, if you get close to a mast, you may get 3g at a ridiculous speed very hopeless people.

Glo is so bad that their staff use airtel as a 2nd line to browse. Used to maintain about 5 glo lines in a network have unused data of about 110GB then after 2 months of story, story I dumped them.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by jpphilips(m): 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
otokx:

Glo is so bad that their staff use airtel as a 2nd line to browse. Used to maintain about 5 glo lines in a network have unused data of about 110GB then after 2 months of story, story I dumped them.

A staff of theirs a very good friend of mine uses MTN, he first claimed he had the line before the job, I waged him to port his MTN to glo, he just said "who likes suffering?. I am c0ck sure Mike adenuga use an MTN line.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
AntiWailer:
Lol .

And 16k+ becomes what ?

They are crazy.

I will stop the subscription completely.

I will not even downgrade.

I will rather use the subscription fee to buy unlimited data and I can watch anything online.

Bunch of eediots.
try Startime and u ll regret the hundred of thousands u pay for DSTV subscription.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
filcast:
Hypocrites! All of una don quiet.If its NEPA naa everywhere go explode: "we will beat them up", "How can i pay for what i didnt use?". Why do we hate our own so much? This is a foreign firm that offers 'pay a u go' option in their native country but not in Nigeria - their biggest market. Shame!
WhTs the alternative bros?
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Dvampire(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
I stopped using DSTV long ago. I opted for CTL and I have been enjoying it ever since. I watch all the soccer I want, the children enjoy their cartoons and madam can watch all the lifestyle and fitness programs that time permits her to. N3150 monthly. DSTV subscription that is now higher than house rent!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by djgreenland(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
neoOduduwa:
This makes no sense. The naira has strengthened, prices should be falling not the other way round. undecided

It's really embarrassing that a country like Nigeria doesn't have her own world class Cable TV company.
Make Otedola, Adenuga, Coscharis, Dangote, etc help Nigerians nah.... If they waste reach 10years, I will give Dstv a run for their money.

#believe

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by djgreenland(m): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
veekid:

Gotv is not included. Aproko
Says who?

PS: Dear GOtv customer, due to a price adjustment ,your GOtv Plus package fee has changed from N1,800 to N1,900 effective 1 May 2017.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
djgreenland:
Make Otedola, Adenuga, Coscharis, Dangote, etc help Nigerians nah.... If they waste reach 10years, I will give Dstv a run for their money.

#believe
Abiii o. There are shitloads of capitalists in Nigeria. Putting together a fund tank to the inception of a cable company shouldn't be any problem. Better still, they can partner with USA's Dish or Warner Bros to stay under their umbrella. Honestly, DSTV has no strong competitor, the industry is there for the taking.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
ManMountain:
To hell with Dstv!!!
I have UKTVNOW on my android Tv box and Kodi!!!

It wont replace cable tv. Android box is good as a substitute
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by Sunnyja: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
georgee:
I av stopped using DSTV since OCT 2015. I downgraded to goTv and watch all my football on my smartphone/Laptop with my wifi.. DSThieves can go to hell
Wake up, go tv also has a price adjustmement

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by iaatmguy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
veekid:

Gotv is not included. Aproko
who tell say gotv is not included. Gotv is not 1900 from 1800
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by filcast(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
WhTs the alternative bros?
Protest is a good start.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
filcast:
Protest is a good start.
protest against something that isn't being forced on u? I don't understand bro.
Last I checked it's still an open market, a-take-it -or -leave-it one.
Re: DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React by filcast(m): 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
protest against something that isn't being forced on u? I don't understand bro.
Last I checked it's still an open market, a-take-it -or -leave-it one.
I see! Why then protest against against NEPA? Is it forced on us? Try compare DSTV & NEPA. Both offer services and both are privately owned businesses. The only difference is one is foreign and the other indigenous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Erica And Kiddwaya Get A Final Warning From Biggie / BBNaija: Thelma 'Gedoni & Khafi Are Finishing The Condoms In The House'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.