Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? (1100 Views)

How Do You Put Atiku, Buhari And Tinubu In One Political Pot? – Lamido / Obasanjo: I Am Not Corrupt, Atiku, Buhari And Others Are Corrupt [video] / Photo: Atiku, Buhari At Okorocha’s Daughter’s Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by Rebirth(m): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2007
I personally feel that Nigerians are left without any credible candidate for the general elections.
Of the three frontrunners, who would you vote for as president
My vote goes to Atiku. You?
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by Bonie(m): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2007
I will Vote Buhari, because he has some level of focuse He is a changed man now, I believe he has learnt his lessons by now and will not use faoul languages as political weapon to gain a particular section of people again.
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by donnymikky(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2007
Simply put, Atiku is corrupt. He has been in power for over 7 years now and he could not tell all Nigerians about the attrocities and evil been committed by Baba. All of a sudden because of political misunderstanding between both power brokers, Atiku now started presenting cheques ( fake or original who knows) to back up his claims against OBJ. The question is where was Atiku when Baba was commiting those acts? why didnt Atiku disclose this to Nigerians before now? All he is doing now is to fight back at all cost regardless what method or means used to achieve his aim. I am no Fan of OBJ but if Atiku could condone the evil acts of mr presidents for so long atime, then it is obvious that he himself will do much more than he claims baba has done.

I have said it before and i will keep on saying it, "Buhari has no moral right ( not constitutional right o!!!) to contest for the presidency". The fact that he lead a coup that overthrew a democraticaly elected president (Shagari), shows that he has no democratic values at all. By now Nigerian would have gone far with her democracy if Shagari's regim was not scuttled by Buhari and Co. Also it is known to all and sundary that Buhari once encouraged Nigerians to vote along religion line. he asked muslims to vote for a muslim candidate and christians to vote for a christian candidate. So what will be the fate of all christians if he is voted as the next Nigerian president.

I know little about Yar Adua but acording to EFCC report Katstina state is one of the few states without any records of corruption and embesslement ( i dont know how true this report is). so If we are left with these three men, then i MAY vote for YarAdua.!!
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by donnymikky(m): 11:51am On Jan 23, 2007
Simply put, Atiku is corrupt. He has been in power for over 7 years now and he could not tell all Nigerians about the attrocities and evil been committed by Baba. All of a sudden because of political misunderstanding between both power brokers, Atiku now started presenting cheques ( fake or original who knows) to back up his claims against OBJ. The question is where was Atiku when Baba was commiting those acts? why didnt Atiku disclose this to Nigerians before now? All he is doing now is to fight back at all cost regardless what method or means used to achieve his aim. I am no Fan of OBJ but if Atiku could condone the evil acts of mr presidents for so long atime, then it is obvious that he himself will do much more than he claims baba has done.

I have said it before and i will keep on saying it, "Buhari has no moral right ( not constitutional right o!!!) to contest for the presidency". The fact that he lead a coup that overthrew a democraticaly elected president (Shagari), shows that he has no democratic values at all. By now Nigerian would have gone far with her democracy if Shagari's regim was not scuttled by Buhari and Co. Also it is known to all and sundary that Buhari once encouraged Nigerians to vote along religion line. he asked muslims to vote for a muslim candidate and christians to vote for a christian candidate. So what will be the fate of all christians if he is voted as the next Nigerian president.

I know little about Yar Adua but acording to EFCC report Katstina state is one of the few states without any records of corruption and embesslement ( i dont know how true this report is). so If we are left with these three men, then i MAY vote for YarAdua.!!
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by luckyCO(m): 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2007
Buhari I think is better that all of three. He is the second person among the list that obj can hand power to owing the fact that they were military. Baba cannot give Atiku power, it is clear instead he will delare state of emergency. On the other hand if Yardua becomes president he will be more of celemonial president than normal president. Cos he will be under  undue influence of this great Monster Obj by then he will be life chairman of PDP board of trustee. There is nothing devil can do that is good. He will do all the goods that people can see and praise him and in contrary do more bad than the good people has praise him of. Let us get ride of that man, he meant bad 4 naija. He cannot do any good if he cannot benefit it in double fold. The what type of president is that?
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by ishmael(m): 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2007
donnymikky:

, "Buhari has no moral right ( not constitutional right o!!!) to contest for the presidency". The fact that he lead a coup that overthrew a democraticaly elected president (Shagari), shows that he has no democratic values at all.

with what was going on in Nigeria then; high level of corruption by politicians and Shagari's government officials, it was a good thing Buhari and Idiagbon did by over throwing that corrupt goverment and arresting corrupt politicians and governors. Buhari is a discipline and non-corrupt man; he has a very strong integrity which all Nigerians know. As for religious tolerance i think he is beginning to learn how to tolerate and live with muslims and non-muslims alike. Atleast he was able to help us deal with Umaru Dikko!!
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by Afam(m): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2007
Yar'adua remains the better choice, afterall no one has come out with any corrupt charges against him, all his opponents keep hammering on is that he was reluctant to run or that he is sick as if the healthiest man can not drop dead tomorrow.

Buhari had to backdate a decree to execute 3 Nigerians for drug peddling, under normal circumstances he should be tried for overthrowing a legitimate government.

It does not make sense that he wants to partake in democracy that he truncated and plunged the nation into backwardness due to that singular act and subsequent coupists like IBB and Abacha that took turns to rule abi ruin Nigeria.
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by azorjiu(m): 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2007
Buhari and Yar' adua are apparently incorruptible.

Atiku can't distance himself from all the allegations of corruptions being heaped on him. His new found love for democracy should have taken precedence right from 1999. He should have resigned on principle when he realised that his master was engaging in gross "corruption".

Left with the options of Buhari and Yar' adua, i would go for the latter. Why? because he has not been black-spotted in any attempt to derail democracy unlike Buhari. Our excuses for hating him- his kidney infection and his backing by Obj are baseless. He is a grown up that will take his decisions when the time comes. And remember, he is more educated and diplomatic than obasanjo. Those that have heard him speak can correct me if i'm wrong. A man of such intellect won't allow an ex-military man to remote-control him.

In conclusion, i would opt for Yar' adua if the trio are presented on a sauce pan.
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by McKren(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2007
Yaradua is more diplomatic than OBJ, Atiku and Buhari put together.
Besides that his presidency will provide us an opportunity to break free from the old brigade. Yaradua gets my vote
Re: Atiku, Buhari, Yar'adua: Next President? by donnymikky(m): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2007
with what was going on in Nigeria then; high level of corruption by politicians and Shagari's government officials, it was a good thing Buhari and Idiagbon did by over throwing that corrupt goverment and arresting corrupt politicians and governors.

Firstly, are you saying that the best solution to headache is to cut off the head? so your recommenede antedote to corruption and emmbesslement is "COUP". I think we should be logical when analysing an important issue such as this. No matter how bad DEMOCRACY may look, Coup Is never an alternative! take it or leave it. Secondly, how sure are you that Buhari is now a changed man religionwise? has he ever come on air to apologise to Nigerians for making such statement?. It is evident that if voted as the next president, he will do nothing but favour the muslims ( not the muslims in the south) and make the North lord over the South. If Buhari is not a religion bygot, why did his goverment try to register Nigeria under the Association of Islamic Nation?? why why why?. Buhari can never be trusted as far as religion is concerned.

(1) (Reply)

Should Atiku's Name Be Printed On The Ballot Papers? / London Court Freezes Ibori’s Assets / Belgium For Sale On Ebay. Do you think We Should Also Sell Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.