Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance (28873 Views)

I Have No Problem With Tinubu - Ambode Speaks On Rift / How Oshiomhole Betrayed Oyegun And Tinubu – Fayose (DETAILS) / Tinubu, Fayose And Bode George All Smiles In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by Islie: 11:07am On Apr 03, 2017
Femi Ogbonnikan

The Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), saturday, frowned at what it described as an open romance between one of its members, Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and a former governor of Lagos State and All Progressives Congress leader, Bola Tinubu describing it as not just anti-party but also a mockery of the defeat of the PDP in 2015, an election Tinubu played a key role.

Speaking against the background of a recent advertorial placed by Fayose to celebrate Tinubu’s 65th Birthday, the Lagos State PDP Chairman, Chief Segun Adewale described the romance between Fayose and Tinubu as unfortunate and a major blow on the confidence reposed in him by the grassroots members and supporters of the party.

Adewale, a former PDP Lagos West Senatorial aspirant in the 2015 elections, lamented in a press release, how some leaders of the party, including Fayose, have completely sold out to individuals within the ruling APC to the detriment of the PDP members.

“I am surprised that Governor Ayodele Fayose, the Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, could throw cautions to the wind and rub his alleged alliance with the leadership of the ruling party in the South-west on our faces. As a leader and beneficiary of the PDP’s goodwill, I expect him to clearly understand and demonstrate that members and supporters are looking up to him and such unguided action demoralises them.

“No doubt Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu paid his dues towards the success of the APC in the last general election. He deserves the admiration of members of the ruling party for providing a responsible leadership within his party. I want to advise Governor Fayose to emulate Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s team spirit and respect for party organs in his dealings within the PDP and not embark on actions that may further demoralize our members.

“The political sagacity of Tinubu is worthy of study by upcoming politicians.

However, open acknowledgement of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s doggedness that saw our party out of power in 2015 is a mockery on the PDP,” the Lagos PDP Chairman said.

Continuing, Adewale stated that the attendance of Fayose, in company with other APC leaders, at the inauguration of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, some weeks ago, was an affront on the South-west PDP leadership, while he neglected the welcome party and Thanksgiving service organised by the good people of Ondo Kingdom in honour of former Governor Olusegun Mimiko.

“Unequivocally, the said advertorial is a confirmation of Governor Fayose’s anti-party activities that have fully come to the fore. I wonder how the APC would have viewed such advertorial for former President Goodluck Jonathan by former Governor Fashola or Governor Aregbesola, for instance, in the build-up to the 2015 general election.

“Even during the First or Second Republic, no opposition leader openly embraced Pa Obafemi Awolowo despite Awo’s popularity, achievements and sagacity. The fact that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has done very well for himself and his political party is not an excuse for Governor Fayose’s demonstration of impunity and disregard to party’s loyalty.

“It is an aberration for Governor Fayose to publicly acknowledge the role played by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in destroying the PDP that made Fayose what he is today. It is impossible to also forget the role played by Asiwaju Tinubu in the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari as the president, a decision that has brought untold economic hardship on Nigerians.

“Obviously, the choice of President Muhammadu Buhari wasn’t in the interest of the people but for personal aggrandisement of a few politicians,” he said, appealing to the PDP members to remain steadfast, because the storm would be over soon.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/02/lagos-pdp-uncomfortable-with-tinubu-fayoses-romance/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2017
Truth is Tinubu is trying to toast fayose so as to fall fayemi's hands come 2018 election, just as fayemi fell his hands during the ondo election.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by zico530(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2017
Uncle Adewale, go and sit down, everyone cannot play the politics of bitterness. After all they are brothers. The guy above me, you self na don o.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2017
zico530:
Ok
When you turn madridguy lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by ettybaba(m): 11:11am On Apr 03, 2017
What Lagos PDP failed to realise is this;
Tinubu is a great Yoruba son and not just an APC chieftain.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by madridguy(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2017
grin grin grin

CROWNWEALTH019:

When you turn madridguy lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2017
I don't blame PDP for being afraid of the romance between Fayose and Tinubu , because Nigeria politicians easily change side like prostitute.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by madridguy(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2017
PDP, house of commotion.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by stinggy(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2017
Lagos PDP show some maturity please, political affiliation is temporal while tribal affiliation is till death comes.
Even the hitherto petty Fayose has embraced common sense so how hard is it for PDPLagos

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:15am On Apr 03, 2017
madridguy:
grin grin grin

I fear ma brother grin
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2017
ettybaba:
What Lagos PDP failed to realise is this;
Tinubu is a great Yoruba son and not just an APC chieftain.
In politics, it's party supremacy first. Did Tinubu romance with Obj or any member of PDP when he was in opposition ??

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2017
Hands microphone to the person below ..

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by Atiku2019: 11:18am On Apr 03, 2017
Political Re-alignment 2019

Atiku cool

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by AshiwajuFoward: 11:26am On Apr 03, 2017
Thorhammer:
In politics, it's party supremacy first. Did Tinubu romance with Obj or any member of PDP when he was in opposition ??

You people are just being petty. Even another PDP governor (of Bayelsa) sef celebrated the same Tinubu. Why una no pick on am too? Fayose is a Yoruba man FIRST and PDP member second. He's free to associate with whomever he so chooses to associate with across party lines.

https://www.nairaland.com/3714953/seriake-dickson-celebrates-tinubus-65th

20 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by ijustdey: 11:31am On Apr 03, 2017
Lagos PDP have been quiet all this while...... but they just wanna be in the news again

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by ObikeNkem: 11:34am On Apr 03, 2017
We Igbos support Fayose because Fayose is greater than all Igbo men both dead and alive. Fayose is greater than ojukwu
Fayose is greater than chinua achebe
Fayose is greater than nnamndi azikiwe

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by ObikeNkem: 11:36am On Apr 03, 2017
Atiku2019:
Political Re-alignment 2019

Atiku cool
Yes. We Igbos support Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. Atiku Abubakar must rule us in biafra in the mighty name of jesus christ

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 11:39am On Apr 03, 2017
That's why I rarely comment .. they have started their attacks on my family members ..
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 11:42am On Apr 03, 2017
..just because I strongly believe in Saraki and Dino ..my family members are under attack ..
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 11:43am On Apr 03, 2017
Even after collecting my phone ..
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by ManMountain(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2017
So the stupid idiots in Lagos PDP will rather prefer Fayose insult Tinubu on his birthday.
Fayose is a street wise politician, he understand the simple fact that you can't fight on all fronts, but pick fights wisely and know when to stop.
Dead politicians in PDP Lagos.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by Progressive01(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
They are scared of losing their talking drum. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by ManMountain(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2017
dunkem21:
Even after collecting my phone ..

Let Saraki and Dino come to your support. I've warned you, no politician is worth the trouble if they are not picking your bills.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2017
ManMountain:

Let Saraki and Dino come to your support. I've warned you, no politician is worth the trouble if they are not picking your bills.

I will not sell my conscience like yours.
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by AshiwajuFoward: 11:50am On Apr 03, 2017
The Adewale fella is a factional (Sherrif faction) Lagos PDP chairman sef, and we all know Sherrif and Fayose are at loggerheads so that explains his bad-belle for Fayose.
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2017
They are attacking my family members ..
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by ManMountain(m): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2017
dunkem21:

I will not sell my conscience like yours.

Next thing they will collect from you is your freedom.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 11:55am On Apr 03, 2017
ManMountain:

Next thing they will collect from you is your freedom.

No wahala ..

Just leave my family members alone ..
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by dunkem21(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Lalasticlala ..
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by DlawTECHY(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ok

Check my signature for our telegram group link. The best group on telegram. Don't dull ooo
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by Tbillz(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
K
Re: Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance by EXLOVER(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
Fayose should always use condom whenever he wants to have romance with Tibunu. Because that man ehn.. Lipsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: I Don’t Know What Record Yahaya Bello Will Campaign With – Sagay / The Jos 1-Million March For Obidatti Was Held In Three Different Locations / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.