Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? (1226 Views)

Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) / Drama In Morgue As 4 Women Claim Body Of Man Each Knew As Their Husband / Why So Many Women Still Take Their Husband’s Last Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by farous(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2017
Over the weekend,i was with a group of friends and was shocked when one of us narrated the experience he had over his ex wife.The story is a long one but the summary is that He said that this is a woman that derive joy and happiness seeing him Continuously struggling without making it,living in lack and poverty.That she don't want him to rise or make it but rather prefer that he remain the way he is as that gives her joy.Not until he parted ways with her and got married to another person that he started making progress which the present wife cherish.I begin to ask how true is this.
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by abatisegun: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
Yes oo they preferred this in order to prevent the man from having another wife. Some even go to the extent of visiting babalawo.
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
Yes, strange but true.
Do you blame them? Every time we read of physical abuse or cheating husbands ;people immediately assume the woman deserves it for marrying a RICH MAN. Rich men are now synonymous to all the bad traits ever been exhibited in a (marital) union.

I read here on NL that the only time a man won't cheat is if he is POOR, disabled or impotent. With opinions like this spreading on cyberspace, more women would intensify their anti-prosperity vigils/movements. We should be careful of the beliefs we 'recycle'.

It has also been noted that humans 'real character' shows when they are rich. So, some men and women pray or hope their partners don't get excessively rich. It's not just a woman thing, men own is even worse. That's why some would want their wives to be jobless, or any job that the income would never run into 6digits, let alone 7 or more
I know women that hide promotions from their husbands...

Very crazy, why would any normal human not want his/her partner's success? I don't get it... it shows they have no business being together.

The poorer he/she is _ the higher the loyalty (Nigerian mentality).

Over financial independence actually comes with this spirit, if you don't have self-control and a clear plan/target _you'll find yourself reinforcing stereotype and the cycle continues.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by hahn(m): 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
That lady above has said it all
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by hisgrace090: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
The major problem here is lack of fear of God.
For both man and woman to enjoy their union they must give their life to Christ with all their hearth.
One is feeled with selfishness when living in the flesh, no genuun love because love too is a fruit of the spirit.
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by izzou(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
PaperLace have talked what I want to talked

sad
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by farous(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2017
PaperLace:
Yes, strange but true.
Do you blame them? Every time we read of physical abuse or cheating husbands ;people immediately assume the woman deserves it for marrying a RICH MAN. Rich men are now synonymous to all the bad traits ever been exhibited in a (marital) union.

I read here on NL that the only time a man won't cheat is if he is POOR, disabled or impotent. With opinions like this spreading on cyberspace, more women would intensify their anti-prosperity vigils/movements. We should be careful of the beliefs we 'recycle'.

It has also been noted that humans 'real character' shows when they are rich. So, some men and women pray or hope their partners don't get excessively rich. It's not just a woman thing, men own is even worse. That's why some would want their wives to be jobless, or any job that the income would never run into 6digits, let alone 7 or more

Very crazy, why would any normal human not want his/her partner's success? I don't get it... it shows they have no business being together.

Over financial independence actually comes with this spirit, if you don't have self-control and a clear plan/target _you'll find yourself reinforcing stereotype and the cycle continues.

Hmmm.Great points.
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by poshestmina(f): 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Same with some men who don't want the progress of their wives because they don't want their wives rubbing shoulders or undermining their positions as head of house (still Nigeria or Africa mentality ) . At the end of the day ,marriage is not a competition .only very insecured people will not want the progress of some other person ,how much more one's other half .

1 Like

Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by Juliearth(f): 3:57am On Apr 04, 2017
farous:
Over the weekend,i was with a group of friends and was shocked when one of us narrated the experience he had over his ex wife.The story is a long one but the summary is that He said that this is a woman that derive joy and happiness seeing him Continuously struggling without making it,living in lack and poverty.That she don't want him to rise or make it but rather prefer that he remain the way he is as that gives her joy.Not until he parted ways with her and got married to another person that he started making progress which the present wife cherish.I begin to ask how true is this.

Some men only show their true colours when rich and that explains why their wives may want them to be poor. #strangebuttrue
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by Fadamant: 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
An aquintance of mine sacked his wife after it was revealed to him that he was poor because his wife actually visited a babalawo with her mother about the time they got married, just so to keep him poor and not go after other women. He confronted his wife and she confessed to it. Imagine that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by lilyheaven: 1:54am On Apr 05, 2017
PaperLace:
Yes, strange but true.

Y
Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by Fadamant: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
lilyheaven:

You are just on point.
I know a lady that was earning more than his husband, every night, while other families in the compound are sleeping , he will be busy beating his wife calling her names, recently his wife has lost this wonderful job of hers , her husband is so happy, and no one have heard them exchange words let alone fighting.
My worries for them is how they will pay next year house rent plus their children school fees.

Hmmm. Serious matter. #strangebuttrue.

1 Like

Re: Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? by farous(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Fadamant:
An aquintance of mine sacked his wife after it was revealed to him that he was poor because his wife actually visited a babalawo with her mother about the time they got married, just so to keep him poor and not go after other women. He confronted his wife and she confessed to it. Imagine that.

U r right.From the man's explanation.

(1) (Reply)

The Joy Of Being Pregnant! / I Am Confused I Need Urgent Answers! / “the Devil Used Our Daughter To Set Trap For My Wife” – Husband Of Woman Who Flo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.