Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) (7547 Views)

How To Make Banana Date (dabino) Smoothie. Very Easy Steps / Buy Your Dry Date Nuts/dabinu(dabino) On Escapadeng / Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by xynerise: 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
Many would have come across this fruit usually hawked by northerners around the country but only a few would have paid attention to details about this plant.

Dabino as they are popularly called by the Hausas are known as Dates and their mother tree is the Date palm tree.Its botanical name is Phonex dacylifera.
Historically,the date palm tree has been adjudged to be one of the oldest fruit bearing tree on earth.Their production and consumption has been massive in the Middle East , Africa and Asia

The date palm originated from Mesopotamia and Egypt. These are the regions from which plantation was first described and where fossil remains of cultivated areas were found. The main date producing countries of the world are Algeria, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, while in the Sahel, are Dakar/Senegal to Lake Chad and Sudan.

While traveling around the northern states of Nigeria such as Sokoto,Kano,Kaduna and other north eastern states, it is a common sight of traders flaunting different colors of dabino .The fresh dabino appears in either golden yellow or deep purple but are dark brown with honey-like coatings when dry.

Today, dates are enjoyed all over the world in various forms due to its nutritious value. Dates come in different species/variety and are consumed fresh, dry, pitted, and candied, in sweet dishes, savory dishes, and cookies, among others.

Nutritionally,Dates contains natural fibre and a lot of other nutrients like oil, calcium, magnesium and more.

Health experts said dates are easily digestible and contain simple sugar like glucose, fructose and dextrose which are sources of instant energy. Dates are rich in indigestible fibre and can be a good laxative effective in treatment of constipation.

Dates are said to have no cholesterol and low in fat, but the fibre in it binds to low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) in the gut and stops it absorption in the small intestine.
Dates can be used for cooking, commonly used to prepare porridge, e.g. in Libya. It is also used to produce local drink among the Hausas in Nigeria,and are added as component to enhance taste. The seeds are also soaked and ground for animal feeds

It normally takes four to eight years after planting to bear fruits. The fruits ripen in six month after pollination; and it does that in four stages.

Date fruit remains one of the popular natural endowments in Nigeria .Try out a few of the nuts and get those benefits to your health..The fresh dabino appears in either golden yellow or deep purple but are dark brown with honey-like coatings when dry.

https://agronigeria.com.ng/dabino-date-fruits-unsung-healthy-nuts-deserts/

Lalasticlala

Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
I eat it always though I don't know the health benefits up till now.. #DatesFruitIsABae
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by Rtopzy(f): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I eat it always though I don't know the health benefits up till now.. #DatesFruitIsABae
Lolz
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by Lastpharoah33: 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
This over sugary stuff... .someone with tooth issue shouldn't eat these, lipsrsealed
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:02am On Apr 04, 2017
Rtopzy:

Lolz
Dey dia nah! I've seen a post here on NL where the poster said it's good for men also. wink wink #OzaRoomThings
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by Rtopzy(f): 7:29am On Apr 04, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Dey dia nah! I've seen a post here on NL where the poster said it's good for men also. wink wink #OzaRoomThings
Ok, so u take it 4 OzaRoomThings?
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:36am On Apr 04, 2017
Rtopzy:

Ok, so u take it 4 OzaRoomThings?
NO! I've been taking the fruit before I know Oza Room Things lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by Rtopzy(f): 7:58am On Apr 04, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
NO! I've been taking the fruit before I know Oza Room Things lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by xynerise: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

I don't think it has anything to do with the other room o grin

It is rich in fiber which is good news for those with piles
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2017
xynerise:

I don't think it has anything to do with the other room o grin

It is rich in fiber which is good news for those with piles
That must be the reason why the poster ran away that day, he didn't explain into details
Re: Health Benefits Of Date Fruit (dabino) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:23am On Apr 05, 2017
Lastpharoah33:
This over sugary stuff... .someone with tooth issue shouldn't eat these, lipsrsealed

Not just those with sweet tooth, but those that avoid sugar entirely for health sake.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Pizza / Wheat VS Garri VS Semovita VS Akpu / Smelly Palm Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.