Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) (25264 Views)

Doctor Slumps On Duty In Kogi Hospital (photo) / Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 04, 2017
RIP
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by pepemendy(m): 9:51am On Apr 04, 2017
bennyrazz:
because a white man is involved, they wana investigate? SMH. How many Nigerians have been butchered that way by Doctors? how many have they investigated? how many doctors licenses have been revoked? anyway sha, a good development if this can be applied to all cases similar to this. Too much negligence on the part of some doctors in Nigeria and they really need to be punished
Portuguese ain't white man

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Nollynude: 9:52am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:
Please who is "lalasticlala" and why does everyone scream the name just to pass a message.

I'm just a new member

He is The doctor that carried out the operation undecided
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by flyDixon: 9:52am On Apr 04, 2017
Who in Nigeria is not aware that 80℅ of deliveries at the private hospitals are through C section....... When we are too classy to go to a government hospital ( where she will spend less than 200k) but will rather go to a private hospital.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2017
bennyrazz:
because a white man is involved, they wana investigate? SMH. How many Nigerians have been butchered that way by Doctors? how many have they investigated? how many doctors licenses have been revoked? anyway sha, a good development if this can be applied to all cases similar to this. Too much negligence on the part of some doctors in Nigeria and they really need to be punished
U said it right out of my head
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by glossy6(f): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2017
But why was the husband messaging her stomach just after the surgery? All these fake oyigbo self undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by dopemama(f): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2017
Whether through CS or normal delivery, what a woman goes through giving birth is. More than hellish!! I had a baby late last year though vaginally but with a tear, I saw hell cos the pain was unbearable!, and sitting on hot water is another labour!! Though the tear has healed but each time I remember my experience I shed tears still! I am sooo scared of getting pregnant again!! And to think my baby ll experience the same thing is tormenting me!! What am I trying to say? Men Pls appreciate the women in ur lives u can never imagine wat it feels like!, may the soul of the departed rest in peace so sad!,

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by stevecantrell: 9:54am On Apr 04, 2017
"Hematoma behind the bladder " suggests ?Uterine bleeding.

I see signs of malpractice in this death.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2017
bennyrazz:

How many ordinary Nigerian women's death have social media reported the way this one was covered because she married a white man?

Everybody knows that most cases that trends on social media is taken seriously by the government e. g Ese's case. So before you accuse the government ask yourself what effort you have made so far in spreading the news about other Nigerian women that died in childbirth

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by africanusvu(m): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:
Please who is "lalasticlala" and why does everyone scream the name just to pass a message.

I'm just a new member
,Just one of the mod.for those newcomers like u who av notin in dia brain to contribute in a thread here in NL to write .if u ar brain dead and can reason wel to join in d discusinn.just type:LALASTICALALA:and go
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Leebeedo(m): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2017
I don't wish this for any man. God , I dey beg oh !
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by pokipoki: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2017
dre11:

http://punchng.com/lagos-investigates-portuguese-wifes-death-after-childbirth-in-hospital/

So sad. But why didn't they have the child in Portugal? I believe healthcare system is better!!!
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by koolcat: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:

I'm just a new member
badt boy I jes checked ur profile now...guess what I found?....u are following only females
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by flyca: 9:57am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:

I'm just a new member
He is someone who likes snakes
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by chubbygal(f): 9:57am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:

I'm just a new member
He is a snake man and anything that concerns snake gives him joy. He uses snake as his password .
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by onyii255(m): 9:57am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:

I'm just a new member

Dont mind all these people deceiving u..
"Lalasticlala" is not a person.. It is more like an exclamation.. Its just like "wow".. Its the sound most nairalanders make on seeing interesting news..

Welcome to the forum bro...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:

I'm just a new member

I've been here a while now and have also noticed the Nairaland trend of always referring to this name. I also don't know who this is and no one going by that name has ever responded to the constant shout outs..lol.. I believe it's just a made up name to keep jokes up dear.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Guyman02: 9:58am On Apr 04, 2017
Nigerian killer doctors, thats how I went to a hopsital to see a relative and the house officer applied a wrong treatment on a young boy who started gasping for breath and died, and when the family came around they told them 'it was how God wanted it'

The useless Doctor was pleading with other patients not to tell anyone what happened, now I feel i should have reported the issue to hospital authorities when they told me about what occurred.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by pokipoki: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2017
africanusvu:
,Just one of the mod.for those newcomers like u who av notin in dia brain to contribute in a thread here in NL to write .if u ar brain dead and can reason wel to join in d discusinn.just type:LALASTICALALA:and go
Hmmmm. Why can you give him a simple answer rather than calling him brain dead. At least he has the sense to ask simple question!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by onyii255(m): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2017
May her soul rest in peace..
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Ralphlauren(m): 10:00am On Apr 04, 2017
evilspirit:

The question you should ask is how many people take matters like this up? many people will say well... lets leave the matter to God

Exactly.

The man must have complained and sent petitions to several agencies.

Many Nigerians do not follow up on cases of medical misconduct and just "leave everything to God".

I'm glad the guy is doing the right thing. It will not bring his wife back but at least he can explain to her son when he's all grown up that he did everything within his power to ensure justice for his mother.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 04, 2017
pato1:
A country where the lives of a foreigner is of utmost value that their own citizen
Welcome to Naija

It's a big lie. Her husband took the case up and has been involved in spreading it on social media, how many Nigerian men would do that for their wife?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by bunsuq: 10:04am On Apr 04, 2017
dre11:

http://punchng.com/lagos-investigates-portuguese-wifes-death-after-childbirth-in-hospital/

No matter who is involved, our hospitals, especially the private ones can often times be careless with deliveries. My second baby was almost paralysed on one part of the body cos the forced her out manually at birth being a big baby: that would not be allowed in a teaching hospital. So a word of advice for the women, forget the discomfort of teaching hospital and go for the safety of your life and that of your baby. Also, register for antenatal on time and do register with the teaching hospital. In cases of emergencies, they attend to their own ; patients referred as emergencies to them do not have a nice story to say. Pls let's stay alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by imma2(m): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2017
folarinmiles:

I'm just a new member
"lalasticlala" is the moniker you scream when you want your threads to get an easy route to front page.

And to mention, he loves snakes
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by doctokwus: 10:10am On Apr 04, 2017
qualityovenbake:
The hospital must have been around for more than 20years before I can take my wife there for delivery. History of the hospital matters a lot when it comes to child's delivery.
So those that have your required 20yrs of being in existence just jumped,without patients visiting, to acquire their 20yrs of existence?
What a way to reason.
@post,so sad.What this case requires is not passing of guilt,but a thorough medical inquiry to find out what went wrong and help all prevent future occurrence.
More like a mortality review,with no biases or concealment of all the medical management of the diseased from day 1 to her regrettable demise.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by bakynes(m): 10:12am On Apr 04, 2017
pepemendy:
Portuguese ain't white man
Who told you Portuguese are not whites they fall under Caucasians though they are not as white as British, Germans and the Scandinavians. But so far you fall under the Caucasian category you are white.

Jose Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo are not whites and they have pointed nose. It's Indians and Arabians that are not whites they don't fall in the Caucasian category.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by sweetlaw: 10:14am On Apr 04, 2017
so sad........may d day of our joy not turn to sadness in Jesus Name....Amen

i just pity the husband.

some hospital sha......dey just use one's life for experiment
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by delishpot: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2017
bennyrazz:

Maybe because he did not take it as the will of God as many Nigerians would have done? Plus he prolly also has money to keep the case open.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by benrichie46(m): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2017
So sad
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by doctokwus: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2017
stevecantrell:
"Hematoma behind the bladder " suggests ?Uterine bleeding.

I see signs of malpractice in this death.
Though an investigation maybe conducted and no guilt can be ascribed yet,the hospitals press release I must confess leaves much to be desired.
For them to even want to infer that the husband asking to be left alone with d wife,then massaging her tummy,cud indirectly av contributed to her death,is cheapish to me.
They wud av just come out with the autopsy, which itself is indicting,considering d array of consultants available.
All sed,I just feel it was an unfortunate series of events,and d hospital and husband shud just av a frank discussion,with much emotional and physical support rendered.Things like this also do happen in the western world.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by scopinie(f): 10:21am On Apr 04, 2017
Every life matters, disappointing to see people criticising this investigation. How many people in Nigeria report or take up such cases? This man lost his wife and understands that she's gone but trying to prevent this from happening again by getting the word out there. He's mourning, the woman's families are mourning & many feel it is wrong because she married a Portuguese. May God rest her soul in peace, amen.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Jabioro: 10:24am On Apr 04, 2017
May her soul rest in peace.. We are pencil in the hand of Almighty God, the husband had putting his best let the might hand do the rest.. My second comment goes to Seun and the crew to change modalities of Muslim section button .You don't have to force us to be a Muslim before we have access to comment that is a great sentimental undoing favoritism ...Nairaland is household name when it comes to forum if I am not a Muslim I have friends, family, in-laws business associates and many more people around us who a times buy the little ideas we could offered.. the limitations hang on that section make it biased base religion..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT / Floods Cause Increase In Snakebite Cases In Nigeria / Causes Of Irregular Menstrual Periods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.