Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,993 members, 7,814,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) (25267 Views)

Doctor Slumps On Duty In Kogi Hospital (photo) / Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by davidif: 4:13am On Apr 05, 2017
sisisioge:
It is well! Doctors can only try...our lives are in God's hands.

This looks like pure incompetence to me.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by davidif: 4:18am On Apr 05, 2017
Guyman02:
Nigerian killer doctors, thats how I went to a hopsital to see a relative and the house officer applied a wrong treatment on a young boy who started gasping for breath and died, and when the family came around they told them 'it was how God wanted it'

The useless Doctor was pleading with other patients not to tell anyone what happened, now I feel i should have reported the issue to hospital authorities when they told me about what occurred.

WHAT?!!?!??! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by DonaTee(f): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2017
adorablepepple:
undecided I wish this was the way other cases were investigated, this nonsense would have reduced by now because many have died due to the negligence of doctors

if u don't sue the hospital the case wont b taken up n investigated.

so d consultants couldn't find the haematoma behind d bladder.....and fey went back n still didn't see it yet she was bleeding out
means it was not hidden or bleeding into a sac
meaning dey mistankly injured d bladder during the c section.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Pennywise(m): 8:13am On Apr 05, 2017
@fostermd thank you for taking me on in respect of this Medical Art Centre incident. I scan-read most topics not paying attention to a whole lot but I have gone back to read the hospital press statement and defence in this Unfortunate incident and I can't help but conclude that it was an unmitigated disaster.

Clearly it's a new hospital with young consultants

They attempted to hide their incompetence under consultant and international nurse toga. This is 2017. U take responsibility for your action not title.

Infact they called consultant so many times it almost made me puke. Another infantile peculiarity with Nigerian medicine.

Worst of all it is implied that the husband massaging the wife's abdomen after surgery caused the bleeding. For a dedicated client who almost opened the clinic with the founder this is an outrage and a stab in the back.

When lies are told about Nigerian victims of doctor's incompetence and hinged on illiteracy and tribal practices of the victim it often gains traction, but this is an educated white man. In any case massaging a uterus even after surgery will cause contraction and stop bleeding. Drugs are routinely given for this purpose after surgery.

The autopsy result, death from retro uterine hematoma is curious and need to be revisited.

The press statement again reflects inexperience on the part of Clinic operators. They should maintain complete silence and wait for time to heal. Any defence at this time will simply exercebate their plight. It's a new clinic with young doctors and a lot of prospects. You gain nothing by starting a fight in your own party just to prove you are strong.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by fostermd(m): 10:24am On Apr 05, 2017
Pennywise:
@fostermd thank you for taking me on in respect of this Medical Art Centre incident. I scan-read most topics not paying attention to a whole lot but I have gone back to read the hospital press statement and defence in this Unfortunate incident and I can't help but conclude that it was an unmitigated disaster.

Clearly it's a new hospital with young consultants

They attempted to hide their incompetence under consultant and international nurse toga. This is 2017. U take responsibility for your action not title.

Infact they called consultant so many times it almost made me puke. Another infantile peculiarity with Nigerian medicine.

Worst of all it is implied that the husband massaging the wife's abdomen after surgery caused the bleeding. For a dedicated client who almost opened the clinic with the founder this is an outrage and a stab in the back.

When lies are told about Nigerian victims of doctor's incompetence and hinged on illiteracy and tribal practices of the victim it often gains traction, but this is an educated white man. In any case massaging a uterus even after surgery will cause contraction and stop bleeding. Drugs are routinely given for this purpose after surgery.

The autopsy result, death from retro uterine hematoma is curious and need to be revisited.

The press statement again reflects inexperience on the part of Clinic operators. They should maintain complete silence and wait for time to heal. Any defence at this time will simply exercebate their plight. It's a new clinic with young doctors and a lot of prospects. You gain nothing by starting a fight in your own party just to prove you are strong.

I mentioned poor index of suspicion with regard to diagnosis on the part of the doctors in my last post.The diagnosis of DIC is quite straightforward clinically and doesn't necessarily require laboratory test to decide.They ought to have given Fwb(availability ) immediately instead of taking her to theatre the second time given the history of bleeding from multiple sites.

It was a nice chat and hope that Continuing Professional Development ( CPD) is mandated by MDCN before renewal of annual practicing licence of doctors in Nigeria.
Best wishes colleague.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by juman(m): 6:06am On Apr 06, 2017
pato1:
A country where the lives of a foreigner is of utmost value that their own citizen
Welcome to Naija

They are looking into it because she was a foreigner's wife.

A country without real leaders.
Re: Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 02, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's sick! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT / Floods Cause Increase In Snakebite Cases In Nigeria / Causes Of Irregular Menstrual Periods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.