Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,461 members, 7,846,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? (1196 Views)

Ishaq Bello Reinstates Ban On Ex Parte And Interim Orders On Political Cases / Breaking: Enugu Catholic Diocese Disowns Mbaka On Political Endorsement / Doyin Okupe Hints On Political ‘tsunami’ After Alaibe,10000 Supporters Dumped AP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Blue3k(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
Anyway I'm just wondering. Simple are you guys for big government or small? How much control should government have over social lives? How do you feel about free markets.

Take the test find out where you fall in line. Some of you might have done it before. My test shows I'm right wing libertarian in nature. Seems accurate. The test is quick 15 minutes at most if your thinking about it too long.

Test link: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Ps: Feel free to post what u think you are take then then post pictures of your results. I'm interested to see how Nigerians are politcally.

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by agitator: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
ok angry angry angryk

sarrki:

Wailers are not well equipped

Once President Muhammadu Buhari is not mentioned

You see words like OK OK OK

Sorry sarrki not my fault you can't use your freely given brain properly. Kindly donate it to your demigod, to help 9ja. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by sarrki(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
This one nah long things ooo

Under bro Jonah we are under Authoritarian right

Under baba we are under libertarian right
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by emeka2847: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
They fall in the queue behind Efe. Based on logistics.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by sarrki(m): 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
agitator:
ok angry angry angryk

Wailers are not well equipped

Once President Muhammadu Buhari is not mentioned

You see words like OK OK OK
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Blue3k(m): 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
sarrki:
This one nah long things ooo

Under bro Jonah we are under Authoritarian right

Under baba we determine libertarian right

Sorry I don't know a shorter test. It's only 24 questions. I do believe your right on the spectrums on Jonathan. Buhari doesn't feel libertarian to me in terms of economics. His social policy I'm not sure.

@sarrki Feel free to post results later.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Jetleeee: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
Blue3k's threads are too hi-tech lol .This is Nairaland bro not Hackernews grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by sarrki(m): 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
Blue3k:

Sorry I don't know a shorter test. It's only 24 questions. I do believe your right on the spectrums on Jonathan. Buhari doesn't feel libertarian to me in terms of economics. His social policy I'm not sure.

With the economic policy launched today ,

With the crash in oil price

With the closure of borders and we are still able to implement 85 percent of our budget .

Baba fits in perfectly under libertarian right.

Libertarianism (Latin: liber, "free"wink is a collection of political philosophies that uphold liberty as a core principle. Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, individual judgment, and self-ownership.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by fergie001: 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
Stop living in your own realities,Oga at the Top.
Even though we cannot deny certain positives from Jonathan or Buhari,stick to the question of the OP.
Your saying Jonathan is authoritarian and Buhari Libertarian is akin to Boko Haram knocking on ur door and surrendering.
The constitution is a working document and the most powerful document in an independent nation.
Ours is unitary in practice and we have not made concerted and apolitical efforts to correct this.Presidents have latched on it to their advantage,Jonathan inclusive.
But Buhari isn't better,choosing court orders to obey.That is not democracy.Democracy is institutionalised by the rule of law and freedom of rights.
We play politics,fine,but let us not confuse the younger ones coming before us hence posterity should treat us wrongly.
Use the good offices in the BMC and try to influence no matter how small a positive change so that the "labour of our heroes past is not in vain."
Nobody can be more AUTHORITARIAN than a Nigerian President .

OP,thanks for this.....Libertarian

1 Like

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Blue3k(m): 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
Jetleeee:
Blue3k's threads are too hi-tech lol .This is Nairaland bro not Hackernews grin cheesy

1st: feel free to leave response after.

Lol true thes type of post are the ones that get least traffic. I'm guessing because there's too many steps. When I did a survey asking are Nigerians are ready for jury trial I only got 6 responses to survey. The thread was nice since people gave interesting answers.

It's only threads like this I don't care to argue since its about gauging the people thoughts. Besides I don't want to bog it down with partisan politics or tribalism.

If nairaland added a poll feature like other forums like gamestop or forum-motion. It would be easier.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Jetleeee: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol true thEse type of post are the ones that get least traffic. I'm guessing because there's too many steps. When I did a survey asking are Nigerians are ready for jury trial I only got 6 responses to survey. The thread was nice since people gave interesting answers.

It's only threads like this I don't care to argue since its about gauging the people thoughts. Besides I don't want to bog it down with partisan politics or tribalism.

If nairaland added a poll feature like other forums like gamestop or forum-motion. It would be easier.

The steps are quite long. 6 pages. I'm still at page 3

The emboldened would've made so much sense but we all know how lackadaisical the owner is

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by sarrki(m): 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
Blue3k:

@sarrki Feel free to post results later.

Will definitely do
Going back to the archives
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by omohayek: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
Blue3k:
Anyway I'm just wondering. Simple are you guys for big government or small? How much control should government have over social lives? How do you feel about free markets.

Take the test find out where you fall in line. Some of you might have done it before. My test shows I'm right wing libertarian in nature. Seems accurate. The test is quick 15 minutes at most if your thinking about it too long.

Test link: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Ps: Feel free to post what u think you are take then then post pictures of your results. I'm interested to see how Nigerians are politcally.
Good luck getting much in the way of meaningful response on here. Most Nigerians have never given even a moment's thought to political ideology, preferring to content themselves with the same old nonsense about tribe and religion.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Blue3k(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2017
omohayek:

Good luck getting much in the way of meaningful response on here. Most Nigerians have never given even a moment's thought to political ideology, preferring to content themselves with the same old nonsense about tribe and religion.

It happens but feel free to post your results if you care to. I have an idea where your results will be judging by your comments.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by omohayek: 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Blue3k:

It happens but feel free to post your results if you care to. I have an idea where your results will be judging by your comments.

I actually took the test many years ago, so I already know where I am on the diagram - in the bottom right corner, which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows my views.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Jetleeee: 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
Here is my result Blue3k Omohayek

3 Likes

Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Blue3k(m): 11:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
Jetleeee:
Here is my result Blue3k Omohayek

Its seems your for government regulation of businesses. Everyone here is for libreal government in their social lives. I wish some people from other parts of country participate.
Re: Where Do Nigerians Fall On Political Spectrum? by Jetleeee: 11:52pm On Apr 05, 2017
Blue3k:

Its seems yours for government regulation of businesses. Everyone here is for liberal government in their social lives. I wish some people from other parts of the country participate.

Not exactly. But you know, polls like this end up not accurately representing your views plus there are many other answers I gave that must have influenced the result

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ex-british Parliamentarian, Eric Joyce, Claims Buhari Is Dead / Something Is Going On / The Real Target Of The Northern Youth Is Yorubas Not Igbos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.