Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans (872 Views)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by alias64: 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
[b]Just been listening to the BBC on radio and the dignity of Abdulmutallab parents is a stark contrast to the coonish and rabid responses of the many Africans who come here to vent spleen. A BBC correspondent, sympathetically relayed the heartfelt feeling and words of the would-be-bomber’s parents to the listeners of the World Service. We learned, as is now generally known, that Abdulmutallab father grew concerned about his son’s behaviour and activities and alerted the security services of Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and America.

Anyone listening could sense the great respect that apparently exists for the boy’s parents and Nigerians in general. I think this partially explains the furore and massive reporting that has followed this case (in other words, a general disbelief that a Nigerian would get up to this). The reporting on the radio and other media has also emphasised the relative youth of Abdulmutallab and often refer to him as “the boy” when, if you think about it, he is generally of the same age range as many of the other successful and unsuccessful bombers before him. Contrast this with the reporting and shabby treatment of the other failed British bombers of Somali and Ghanaian origin.

Some miscellaneous Extracts from Abdulmutallab dignified community taken from routers web:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BQ1TE20091227

"Everyone knew the Mutallabs and the father is honest, generous, helpful and above all a prominent banker. I cannot see why his son should be involved in this act," Funtua resident Ibrahim Bello, 65, said, close to the Mutallab family home.
Like other elders from the community, Bello said Abdulmutallab's schooling abroad meant he had been brought up outside the customs of northern Nigeria, a region with a history of moderate Sufi Islam.

"My only advice to the elite is to allow their children to mingle with the children of the masses so that he will have some of the traditional morals and values that (the elder) Mutallab himself enjoyed," Bello told Reuters.

[b]Anyway, thankfully no one died so my sympathy lies with Abdulmutallab’s parents I would not wish their experience on anyone.
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by SapeleGuy: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2009
Where are you going with this.
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by alias64: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2009
People ought to know that Nigerians are dignified people and the subservient, coonish and tribal bigotry here does not represent the nature of the majority of the people in that country.

1 Like

Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by SapeleGuy: 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2009
Are you not equally guilty of this bigoted and coonish behaviour by promoting the dignity of Nigerians over the whole of Africa ?
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by alias64: 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2010
I wonder what the coonsish posters have to say for themselves now, looking back on their ridiculous rants and tirades. One poster even shrilled, [size=14pt]MEND WILL ATTACK THE NORTH ! [/size] lol

Boy, what a sentiment.  Presumably, a bunch of blacks should go fight and kill themselves over a bunch of over-fed, resources consuming, North Americans, who nearly got blown up by a naïve young man of Nigerian origin. 

Sure, a majority of the ranting posters may not have been Nigerians, but the people of Nigeria deserve and apology from the owners of this forum. This is because they failed in their duty to moderate or edit irresponsible comments
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by edoyad(m): 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2010
What rubbish is the OP yarning cos i can't grasp. Are you telling us There's on tribalism in Nigeria or that constant sectarian murders in Kano and Bauchi had no part in that boy's build up ?
What about the "kill the infidels" sermons that the illiterate young men in Nigeria hear in Madarasatuls on a regular basis ? You think every one who comes here to post is as ignorant as becomrich and wilywily ?
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by WilyWily7: 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2010
edoyad:

You think every one who comes here to post is as ignorant as becomrich and wilywily ?
Why mention my name, what wrong have i done.
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by edoyad(m): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2010
Stop insulting yoruba and hausa people needlessly now grin
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2010
alias64:

People ought to know that Nigerians are dignified people and the subservient, coonish and tribal bigotry here does not represent the nature of the majority of the people in that country.

One man reports that he suspects his son has gone off the cliff and you translate that to mean ALL NIGERIANS ARE DIGNIFIED AND SUBSERVIENT people? Roflmao!!!

Unless you PERSONALLY go through the father's record and history, you ought not to be making those claims of his entire life, up to this incident. Can we STOP deluding ourselves with these BOGUS claims?

Ever heard the saying ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS? If yes, now apply that to your theory on ALL Nigerians and see if it fits. Even Saudi Arabians and Vaticans wouldn't be described in that manner!!
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by SEFAGO(m): 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2010
Hmm, anyways the US and the Conservatives have brought up the ugly topic of racial profiling due to this incident. No we are not seen as honorable- the media has already beamed it in the mind of every American that we are terrorist. The man is no more named Umar Mutallab but the "Nigerian"- how honorable can you get
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by WilyWily7: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2010
edoyad:

Stop insulting yoruba and hausa people needlessly now grin
I have never insulted Corrupt Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani.
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by edoyad(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2010
grin grin Mad Dog.
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by Ikengawo: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2010
why do you insist on calling them coons out side of the fact we're black you self hating slave.

i bet you talk in a fake accent.
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by alias64: 3:36am On Jan 02, 2010
All that coonish quaking at the boot, rolling of the eyes, sweating and shrieking, ‘America will destroy us!’, ‘this is the end of Nigeria!’, ‘kill housa, kill Yoruba, kill ibo!’ ‘whoa-is –me,’  ‘first its 419 now terrorism’, ‘Ohh Nigeria - haaaay!’

Kill your fellow blacks and tarnish the name of your forbears, spit on the land where your ancestors are buried all because of fear of potential difficulty getting into the conceited country America

and yet, look, Nigeria is still standing and what’s more, it seems the boy-terrorist even spent less time in Nigeria airport than he did in Ghana airport.

on this last point, bet you won't find Nigerians flooding Ghana website to insult them the way some of them flooded this one to gloat.
Re: The Dignity Of Nigerians Over Africans by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Jan 02, 2010
[size=14pt]HUH[/size]

Do we really need to make stuff up in order to make moot points on here jeezzzz!!

(1) (Reply)

Institute Proposes Bill For Anoda Fct In N’delta, To Be Called"fct For Oil City" / Even Northern Christains Tired Of Hausa Fulani - Their Chickens Roosting At Home / Yar’adua’s Resumption Of Work A Hoax !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.