Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Can She Make It In Dubai? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can She Make It In Dubai? (777 Views)

Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) / Pilot Who Couldn't Make It To Church On Sunday Does This During Flight. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can She Make It In Dubai? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2017
Hello everyone,

my widow elder sister in
her early 40s , want to go to Dubai and work.

I advised her to go into business but
she's hell bent in relocating.
considering her age, how easy is for her
to secure a job over there?

she's a massage therapist by profession.

any advice for her is welcome. thanks all
Re: Can She Make It In Dubai? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
She has just as much chance as anyone to find job over there.... Her age is irrelevant.
Re: Can She Make It In Dubai? by ifyalways(f): 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
As a massage therapist? I doubt. Masseuses in Dubai are mostly Asians ie Philippine, Thai girls. I remember asking once for a black female Masseuse and was told there was none, unless the Ugandan, Ethiopian girls who offer some sort of "massage" in their homes.

Will Arabs ask for a black masseuse? Probably not.
Re: Can She Make It In Dubai? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
ifyalways:
As a massage therapist? I doubt. Masseuses in Dubai are mostly Asians ie Philippine, Thai girls. I remember asking once for a black female Masseuse and was told there was none, unless the Ugandan, Ethiopian girls who offer some sort of "massage" in their homes.

Will Arabs ask for a black masseuse? Probably not.

There are many Europeans/africans living and working in Dubai, and the fact that most masseuse are Asians, is further proof that there is a niche here, without offering any extra.
Re: Can She Make It In Dubai? by Afam4eva(m): 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
Fame333:
Hello everyone,

my widow elder sister in
her early 40s , want to go to Dubai and work.

I advised her to go into business but
she's hell bent in relocating.
considering her age, how easy is for her
to secure a job over there?

she's a massage therapist by profession.

any advice for her is welcome. thanks all
She's going to a place where Africans and blacks are not regarded. It may be hard for her to get a job as a massage therapist except she's ready to offer more than just massage...

1 Like

Re: Can She Make It In Dubai? by ifyalways(f): 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

There are many Europeans/africans living and working in Dubai, and the fact that most masseuse are Asians, is further proof that there is a niche here, without offering any extra.
Did I say Africans don't live and work in Dubai

Point is, will any Arab patronise an African masseuse? She'll only get patronage from Indians and Pakis who will ask more than just a massage and for dirt cheap fee. That's the reality.

1 Like

Re: Can She Make It In Dubai? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
ifyalways:

Did I say Africans don't live and work in Dubai

Point is, will any Arab patronise an African masseuse? She'll only get patronage from Indians and Pakis who will ask more than just a massage and for dirt cheap fee. That's the reality.

This is the reason why I mentioned Europeans/Africans... Aka those who may patronize her biz.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Good Advise From Every One On What To Do / Is Crossing The Mediterranean Sea by road to Europe Worth It?(Story Of Survivor) / US Visa Appointment Schedule Site Has Not Been Working For More Than A Week Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.