Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Who Is Ben Murray Bruce? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Ben Murray Bruce? (309 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce And His Children Pose With Guns (Photos) / Evelyn Murray-Bruce Is Dead! Cancer Kills Ben Murray Bruce's Wife / Is Ben Bruce Dead, Where Is Alabi Yellow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Ben Murray Bruce? by ovoopf(m): 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
It was revealed by a reliable source that a bill is to be tabled in the House of Assembly giving more power to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki. This is definitely frightening because such power can have a catastrophic effect on the nation.

Every government has the potential to be corrupt if left unchecked. The problems facing Nigeria today is no different from the ones faced in other part of the world. The countries that make theirs work, they promoted and applied the rule of law as stipulated in the constitution. Also, in their narrative of matters they empower the people.

In the past few months, there have been several publications highlighting the state of the nation. One such notable publication was by Ben Murray Bruce (BMB, henceforth), self acclaimed advocate of commonsense for the people and member of the National Assembly under the platform of PDP.

In an interview given 3 months ago to Forbes TV Nigeria posted on YouTube, My (BMB) Worst Days, he claimed to be on the side of the poor/masses as he feels their plight. Is it to serve the people?
He stated, "......Buhari is the President of Nigeria, he is my President, regardless of what I feel, I must respect him, I must treat him as my president because if I don't value him nobody will value him, In 2019 we can fight but right now he is my president...." .

The poor/ masses are and have been suffering for a very long time, so why wait till 2019 to challenge the president on the rule of law and its application in the society? Is there commonsense in that? Is the plight he is feeling not strong enough. Also, his validation of the President does not have any bearing on how people view the President because popular opinion suggest that, the average Nigerian do not like Buhari.

He blames issues of kidnapping, rape, Niger Delta problem, Boko Haram on the people being hungry. One finds these comments incredible. The issues highlighted above is as a result of the absence of good governance and not hunger. What would happen then if every Nigerian that is hungry take to the issues mentioned, as most Nigerian are presumed to be hungry.
When Donald Trump made an executive order banning certain countries entering United States they fought him by challenging the order in court, it was subsequently overturned by the judiciary citing that it is unconstitutional. Does that suggest that they did not value and respect the President?

But BMB takes to social media, supposedly exposing the corruption of the current government. What happened to the constitution he swore an oath to? why is he not promoting it and its application by going to the Court to stop government officials from looting the system? Why is he still part of the government that he is actively criticising? He continues to enjoy all the benefit as a member of the national assembly. Why has he not vacate his seat in the house, resign as a member of PDP and fight for the people on a different platform?

Whether in private life or in public, one should test the commitment of the person intended to lead. If BMB is going to be the country future president or probably fronting for someone, then serious question needs to be asked and answers demanded. One will view his actions as hypocritical and his comments contradictory given that the constitution is the instrument use in running a nation, no other change proffer outside its premise will bring about the desire changes.

On behalf of the people, who are both judge and jury, we are demanding that he provides answers/clarification to these questions particularly the issue of the bill giving the Senate President more power.

Fellow Nigerians, let us think outside the box. "Democracy Is Made For Me & You".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Ben Murray Bruce? by sonofspada(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2017
He is the man shouting Common sense

And nothing is changing

1 Like

Re: Who Is Ben Murray Bruce? by ovoopf(m): 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
He claims to be on the side of the poor/masses. Poor and masses indeed. The man is fooling us

1 Like

Re: Who Is Ben Murray Bruce? by rusher14: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
You mean that common sense debtor?

He's only in the House to join the gang and bear the title of distinguished.

Lord knows he's only interested in himself.

Re: Who Is Ben Murray Bruce? by ahamonyeka(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
A business man.

(1) (Reply)

You Must Apologize To Justice Ademola, Mike Ozekhome Tells FG / 2019: Inec Should Tell Nigerians If Card Readers Will Still Encounter Failure! / Ondo Gov. Akeredolu Lifts Ban On Logging Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.