Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari (2097 Views)

There Is Nothing New In This Fabricated Bribery Claim, Jonathan Tells FG / Show More Respect To Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan Tells Omokri / "Why APC Cannot Govern Nigeria Well" – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by TheHerald: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2017
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has refuted claims from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) who have continually blamed his government for the economic woes the country is currently going through.

While inaugurating the economic recovery and growth plan (ERGP) on Wednesday, President Muhammadu Buhari still attributed some of the challenges in the country to the opposition party.

But speaking on Thursday during a stakeholders’ meeting at Yar’adua Center in Abuja , Jonathan said PDP achieved a lot in 16 years.

He said that it was not strange for the party to be experiencing difficulties because “every election cycle is a challenge to any political party”.

Jonathan said all over the world political parties lose elections not because they have failed but the electorate chose to experience another leadership.

“We are proud to state that PDP had creditably managed the affairs of this country for 16 years,” he said.

“There is no doubt that our party has in the last two years gone through some difficulties. However, in a democracy this is not strange in the life of a political party, especially after losing power to the opposition, like we did.

“At different times, I have also been making efforts to reunite, reconcile and re-energise to become stronger, before the next election. I will like to point out that every election cycle throws up a challenge as well as opportunities for a political party.

“A test to re-evaluate its performance, and an opportunity to reform its processes and programmes, towards rediscovering itself to become even more appealing to the electorate, in its next outing.

“This obviously is the area where we have excelled. The fact that we allowed this process to take place peacefully, and freely handed over.

“All over the world, political parties lose elections, not because they have entirely failed, but because, in most cases, the people who gave them power in the first place, have decided to hand it over to another party, in order to experience a different kind of leadership.”

He said that he was not going to “chest-thump” about PDP’s achievements but it was important to speak about it.

“This is not a forum for chest-thumping but it is important we highlight some relevant initiatives of past PDP administrations,” he said.

“Our ideological commitment towards a private sector-led and people-oriented economy manifested in the great achievements we recorded in various sectors including communications, agriculture, public financial management and financial reforms, the financial services rail and roads infrastructure, as well as in the social services.

“In agriculture, we revolutionized the sector by introducing programmes that encouraged more people, including the youths to embrace farming as a thriving business.

“We also boosted local capacity for food production, thereby drastically reducing the price of food stuff and food import bill.

“That the PDP Government improved communication in Nigeria through the introduction of Global Systems for Mobile Communications (GSM) and the expansion of the nation’s information and communication technology architecture needs no gainsay.”

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/recession-stop-blaming-me-i-managed-the-economy-well-jonathan-tells-buhari/#P5zSRUbLfYYtX2v5.99

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by sonofspada(m): 12:47am On Apr 07, 2017
Blaming Jonathan for 2 years past and counting.

Oya hand over you no gree .

Naso we go dey dey?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by divinehand2003(m): 12:48am On Apr 07, 2017
Oga Jona just woke up
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 12:50am On Apr 07, 2017
GEJ If you are a citizen of China Or NORTH Korea you won't be speaking this trash in a public forum, Ehh Just thank God am not in that place you are speaking this trash. Nonsense undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by kestolove95(m): 12:55am On Apr 07, 2017
Look at who is talking...ordinary pdp meeting u couldnt manage na d economy u won cum manage well?..mtseew drunkard

4 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by egbabiekperemo1: 12:59am On Apr 07, 2017
kestolove95:
Look at who is talking...ordinary pdp meeting u couldnt manage na d economy u won cum manage well?..mtseew drunkard

Shut up . Afonja descendant

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Micheezy7(m): 1:07am On Apr 07, 2017
Sb
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by mykeljosef: 1:11am On Apr 07, 2017
kestolove95:

looking at you signature I'm tempted to ignore you...

but apply sense

after 2 years the story is already boring
blaming has lost its relevance

you must be over 18 so who do we Blame for your zombieism

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by mangala14(m): 1:33am On Apr 07, 2017
Economy wasn't too bad under Jonathan administration. Incompetency, wantom corruption. baseless and superficial economic policies are the reasons for our current predicament

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Desyner: 2:02am On Apr 07, 2017
You what Sir? Even Buhari who has performed slightly better shouldn't say that.

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Jabioro: 2:09am On Apr 07, 2017
We knew your sixteen years misrule... tell us more

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Sarrrki(m): 2:24am On Apr 07, 2017
Of A Truth, The blame time is enough Already, Anyone Who thinks odawisee is An Enemy of State ...

We Are Tired of Supporting Failure, We cannot Continue d defence of A liability, Buhari Shud Resign.

D Sun must Rise Frm d East !!

6 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by DeKen: 3:02am On Apr 07, 2017
Jabioro:
GEJ ruled you for 16 year? undecided

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by sdindan: 3:05am On Apr 07, 2017
kestolove95:

I think someone is finggeringg u via ur brain.

4 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by restartnaija: 3:35am On Apr 07, 2017
DeKen:
GEJ ruled you for 16 year? undecided
we need maths and history teachers in Nigeria. 2015-2010=16
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 07, 2017

3 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by JackieChan01: 3:59am On Apr 07, 2017
[s]
yarimo:
GEJ If you are a citizen of China Or NORTH Korea you won't be speaking this trash in a public forum, Ehh Just thank God am not in that place you are speaking this trash. Nonsense undecided
[/s]
if it's in North Korea Buhari enefile kemi adeosun would have been executed by anti aircraft gun.

bunch of hopeless incompetent charlatans

3 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:00am On Apr 07, 2017

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by JackieChan01: 4:03am On Apr 07, 2017
Jabioro:
of course Gej ruled for 16 years grin

even your fellow apc supporters will laugh at your outstanding ignorance cheesy

3 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by JackieChan01: 4:03am On Apr 07, 2017
[s]
kestolove95:
[/s]
what's this one saying grin

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by JackieChan01: 4:05am On Apr 07, 2017
[s]
Desyner:
You what Sir? Even Buhari who has performed slightly better shouldn't say that.
[/s] buhari slightly better?
i what areas?
name 3 please

even the terrorist vagabond Buhari will laugh at you for talking this nonsense

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by JackieChan01: 4:08am On Apr 07, 2017
Sarrrki:
Of A Truth, The blame time is enough Already, Anyone Who thinks odawisee is An Enemy of State ...

We Are Tired of Supporting Failure, We cannot Continue d defence of A liability, Buhari Shud Resign.

D Sun must Rise Frm d East !!
Bood of Jesus !!!

ok grin

we know the scope cheesy

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Jabioro: 4:31am On Apr 07, 2017
JackieChan01:

of course Gej ruled for 16 years grin

even your fellow apc supporters will laugh at your outstanding ignorance cheesy

I am about PDP not Jonathan administration..don't jump into abusive line like you have it all
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by JackieChan01: 4:36am On Apr 07, 2017
Jabioro:
I am about PDP not Jonathan administration..don't jump into abusive line like you have it all
but your post said otherwise bro grin

you see when the hatred of Jonathan covers your logical reasoning all you see will become Gej Gej Gej to the extent that you can't differentiate Gej from PDP
that's what hate can do to someone
run away from hate it kills faster than cancer

God bless you bro

3 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Jabioro: 4:40am On Apr 07, 2017
JackieChan01:
but your post said otherwise bro grin

you see when the hatred of Jonathan covers your logical reasoning all you see will become Gej Gej Gej to the extent that you can't differentiate Gej from PDP
that's what hate can do to someone
run away from hate it kills faster than cancer

God bless you bro
I have no hate for anyone.. the present regime would soon get her side of blame.. You can't satisfy the world.. you're welcome..
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by lukecent: 4:50am On Apr 07, 2017
So some people believe this present govt. is better than that of GEJ? hmmm
I think they should go check number of attempted suicide and reports of suicide cases in past one year.

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by JackieChan01: 4:53am On Apr 07, 2017
Jabioro:
I have no hate for anyone.. the present regime would soon get her side of blame.. You can't satisfy the world.. you're welcome..
Buhari is a already a failure

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by lukecent: 4:54am On Apr 07, 2017
wink
JackieChan01:

Bood of Jesus !!!

if sarrki can say this then i swear on the last day there'll be alot of surprises in heaven to the extent that people will start accusing Jesus for partiality and bribery cheesy
with this post from sarrki don't be surprised if that babalawo makes heaven and you that goes to church everyday lands in hell.

ngeneukwenu omenkalives progressive01 gbata nu oso ooo!!! coman seee our own sarrki
henceforth I'll call anybody that defend this useless government an enemy of the state by the authority given to me by sarrki

shocked

Done that
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Agimor(m): 4:56am On Apr 07, 2017
Though GEJ is one of the reason we are in recession today, but Buhari continuous blame shifting is an indication of Bubu failure. Real leaders don't ascribe blame they proffer solutions and that distinguished them from every other leaders.
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by rusher14: 5:03am On Apr 07, 2017
60Billion dollars in Foreign reserves when you ascended the office but left 30 billion dollars.

Yet, you sold oil at the highest price ever known to us for the longest period.

I'm not even interested in the money we made, please just show us the infrastructure we built with the 30billion dollars we lost.

Why were you borrowing to pay salaries just before leaving office of you did so well?

If you did so well why did you lose so scandalously?

The south West that voted you in 2011. You bribed the clergy and traditional stools yet lost in embarrassing style.

Just crawl back into your shell.

Mr. stealing is not corruption.
Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by 2016v2017: 5:16am On Apr 07, 2017
kestolove95:
Let's take a look at the current prices of commodities in and around the Country, Nigeria.

The prices of commodities as of today 6th April, 2017, is listed as follows:

Basket of Tomatoes N5, 500

A bag of Pepper (Rodo) N6, 000

A bag of Long pepper N6, 500 – N7000

A bag Onion (white) N18, 000 – N20, 000

A bag of Onion (Red) N15, 000- N18, 000

50kg of long grain Rice N15,500 – N16,000

A derica of long grain Rice..... N280

50kg of short grain Rice...... N17,500

A derica of short grain Rice..... N300

A crate of egg........ N1,100 – 1,200

A bag of Olotu beans...... N 33,000

A bag of Oloyin...... N17,000

A bag of Yam Flour (Elubo).... N45, 000- N65,000

A bag of Gari (Yellow) N19, 000 – N20,000

A paint bucket N800 – N900

A bag of Ijebu Gari N15,000 – N16,000

A paint bucket N800-N900

20 Litres of Groundnut Oil.....N15, 500
N16, 000

10 Litres of Groundnut Oil N6, 500-N 7000

25 Litres of Palm Oil N10, 000

5 Litres of Palm Oil N2,200

Salt N80-N150

Noodles 70g N1500- N1800

Spaghetti (1packet) N190-N200

Macaroni (1packet) N120

Semovita (10kg) N2,800- N2, 900

Pampers (cartons of 8 ) N3, 400

Seasonings N110 – N500

Tomatoe paste (2,200g) N1200-N1500

Tomatoe paste (Medium) N550-N700

Tomatoe paste(small) N150-N350

Tomatoe sachet (a roll)N250 –N300

Pack of toilet roll (48pieces) N1800-N2, 300

A Satchet of milk N30-N50

A Sachet of beverage N45-N50

Toothpaste N250-N270

5 Litres of Kerosine. N1,200

12.5kg. Cooking gas N4, 500

Yam (1 tuber). N400- N800

Ugwu Leaf (a bundle) N3, 500 – N4, 000

A dozen of tied Ugwu Leaf N1,800

Moin-Moin Leaf (a dozen) N800,1packN100

Carton Titus ice Fish N19,000

1 Carton of Kote ice fish N16,200

1 Carton of Sawa iced Fish N10,000,
1kg N600

These can be seen on Page 23 of todays Vanguard newspaper. 6th April 2017.
You can always check the Vanguard newspaper for updates on CONSUMER WATCH.

Nairalanders, compare these prices with what you have around your habitat lets see if they are correct or erroneous.

As for me, the prices are very correct.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/consumer-watch-place-makes-plan-ahead-3/amp/
(Quote) (Report) 16 Likes (Unlike) 5 Shares (Share)

Hope you now know that, you be Mumufied Zombie?

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Stop Blaming Me, I Managed The Economy Well – Jonathan Tells Buhari by Splashme: 5:25am On Apr 07, 2017
In truth, Nigeria was far better off under GEJ than we are now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EKITI 2018: Drama In Ekiti As Fayose Visits APC Aspirant, Daramola [photos] / Flashback 2000: Buhari Led A Delegate To Oyo To Protest Killing Of 68 Herdsmen / IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.