Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (723756 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

What's your course?

Economics. I had 65
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2018
ChiomaMee:

Economics. I had 65

Did you do the change of course?

You should be given another course with this good mark. I've seen a number of people who didn't do the change of course but had their course changed

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2018
Dkfpaul:
pls guys is there anyone that has an idea wether other UI affiliated colleges has released their degree admission list?
Secondly, will UI admit those that did coc and nt admitted to their main campus to their affiliated colleges?

E.g F.c.e oyo special
abeokuta c.o.e
osun state c.o.e ilesa
st.augustine c.o.e

pls help
nltaliba
ajet001
mrhistorian
thehistorian
oldfoolnigger
and other bosses i forgot to mention.

Thanks.

I don't know if Ui affiliated institutions have released their list. But this is new year, they must have as almost all institutions have rounded up their admission process.

Admission into the affiliated institutions depends on two things.
1. The school sending your name to the affiliated institutions
2. You doing what's required of you by the institution.
You'll be admitted if worthy and have shown interest

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

I don't know if Ui affiliated institutions have released their list. But this is new year, they must have as almost all institutions have rounded up their admission process.

Admission into the affiliated institutions depends on two things.
1. The school sending your name to the affiliated institutions
2. You doing what's required of you by the institution.
You'll be admitted if worthy and have shown interest
ok thanks,how am i going to do whats required by the inst. And also show interest?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2018
babablogger:
no NPA is for undergrads
can you drop your number
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
boyejo123:

can you drop your number
send me a pm
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

Did you do the change of course?

You should be given another course with this good mark. I've seen a number of people who didn't do the change of course but had their course changed

yea, I did change of course
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
@Nltaliban,Pls do U know of any UI DIrect Entry aspirant that has been admitted? I checked Caps some days ago,but My Jamb admission Profile is displaying Utme subject Combination Instead of Direct Entry
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
babablogger:
send me a pm
sent
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
Yusuf54:
@Nltaliban,Pls do U know of any UI DIrect Entry aspirant that has been admitted? I checked Caps some days ago,but My Jamb admission Profile is displaying Utme subject Combination Instead of Direct Entry
I've only seen that of agricultural engineering and computer science. �

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
Dkfpaul:

ok thanks,how am i going to do whats required by the inst. And also show interest?

Simple, buying their form jf still on.
Meeting Their admission requirements, and accepting the admission

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
ChiomaMee:

yea, I did change of course

I guess ui should give you another course with that mark. Except you're just unlucky.

Try checking your caps again

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
Yusuf54:
ive seen. But can't remember course

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

Simple, buying their form jf still on.
Meeting Their admission requirements, and accepting the admission
is it necessary to do coc?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
Dkfpaul:
is it necessary to do coc?

After you must have been given admission.

But wait, is distance learning not better than this affiliate institutions?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
sheye12:

I've only seen that of agricultural engineering and computer science. �
Geology..Can U pls help Me to ask them If Their Caps Admission Profile Display UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION OR DIRECT ENTRY ?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nltaliban:

After you must have been given admission.

But wait, is distance learning not better than this affiliate institutions?
am thinking of it too,buh its just that dey used to spend 5years instead of 4 in a regular school,moreover they don't used to go to service corps unlike regular,also their school fees is a bit high than regular and they don't used to teach someone time to time like regular and also most of their study was based on ICT/internet stuff.

Or what do you think about it sir??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by 1naijaguy: 2:43am On Jan 10, 2018
sheye12:

Don't get.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 4:48am On Jan 10, 2018
Lolly1968:
I know someone whose aggregate is 52 and has already been admitted by caps to sociology. Initial course is economics
if this is true then am beginning to doubt the fairness of UI admission process bcus I applied for economics and my aggregate was 58, but am yet to be given admission not even to my applied coc course and there is a friend here who was just 0.13 point away from the cutoff of the same course yet she hasn't been admitted. chiomaMee u nid to see this nltaliban what do u have to say to this.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nabeeltnabs(m): 6:45am On Jan 10, 2018
afoobabs:
if this is true then am beginning to doubt the fairness of UI admission process bcus I applied for economics and my aggregate was 58, but am yet to be given admission not even to my applied coc course and there is a friend here who was just 0.13 point away from the cutoff of the same course yet she hasn't been admitted. chiomaMee u nid to see this nltaliban what do u have to say to this.
u.i admission keeh. SOME people in dis thread are nt ready to think JUST BECUS DEM DO HAMMER AMM
fairness don die since 2015 believe or nt u.i don conclude een admission rite even b4 the post jamb, people dnt even study the whaay u.i gave people random score in post jamb.take vet med as an example and tink of wat happen to the cut off and still dem still put amm 4 coc when we av candidate with 59 58 and so on,luk at physiology also dem stp guys u applied by rasing the bar to 63 and inorder to cut minds cuming frm mbbs der becus dey knw say naa dem cus am

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nabeeltnabs(m): 6:57am On Jan 10, 2018
My Advice For Nw Is That
IF U STILL NEED ADMISSION 4 DIS ONGOING ONE IS BETTER U GO OUT DER AND LUK I SURE LEG AND MIND U NAASU STRIKE NO AFFECT ADMISSION DNT BE FAKED PEOPLE CAPS DAY POP UP
DNT ANY BODY TELL U SAY THERE IS NO U.I CONNECTION
IT IS TRUE DER WAS NO U.I CONNECTION THEN BT TINS DON FALL APART OPEN UR EYES GUY
DNT STAY AND BE SOUTING HARD WERK PAY 4 ADMISSION LEVEL ANYMORE GO AND FIND UR GOD OR CONNECTION
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 7:10am On Jan 10, 2018
Nabeeltnabs:

u.i admission keeh. SOME people in dis thread are nt ready to think JUST BECUS DEM DO HAMMER AMM
fairness don die since 2015 believe or nt u.i don conclude een admission rite even b4 the post jamb, people dnt even study the whaay u.i gave people random score in post jamb.take vet med as an example and tink of wat happen to the cut off and still dem still put amm 4 coc when we av candidate with 59 58 and so on,luk at physiology also dem stp guys u applied by rasing the bar to 63 and inorder to cut minds cuming frm mbbs der becus dey knw say naa dem cus am
lol give me a screenshot of an aspirant that was admitted without meeting the cutoff, merit/elds

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nabeeltnabs(m): 7:39am On Jan 10, 2018
babablogger:
lol give me a screenshot of an aspirant that was admitted without meeting the cutoff, merit/elds

Kikikikikikikikikikikikiki
Lol
U.I 2015
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 8:44am On Jan 10, 2018
Dkfpaul:
am thinking of it too,buh its just that dey used to spend 5years instead of 4 in a regular school,moreover they don't used to go to service corps unlike regular,also their school fees is a bit high than regular and they don't used to teach someone time to time like regular and also most of their study was based on ICT/internet stuff.

Or what do you think about it sir??

Yes some of your points here are true.

But at the end, the certificate you get is better than certificate from any college of education and polytechnic.

The certificate bears the name University of Ibadan with sign to show that you did dlc

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 8:50am On Jan 10, 2018
Nabeeltnabs:

Please, if you do not have anything good to type with your filthy fingers, shove them deep into your ass
its too early to deal with foolish nairaland comments and mentions

Ui gave random scores?. I laugh in Chinese, if you failed, accept defeat and move on, prepare for the coming year. Stop going about typing nonsense about the institution.

Well, only Kindred spirits of failure will believe the nonsense you type!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2018
afoobabs:

On a serious note, I tell people that once your admission gets to the point of change of course, the probability of getting admitted is 0.2.

Reason is this, after change of course, people who applied will be arranged according to their sores and admission will be offered to people with high scores alone ( except in cases where children of lecturer apply, they're only required to meet the initial cut off mark of the course they're changing to).
Now as regards your case, economics cut of marks is 65.13.
Your aggregate is 58, let's assume you changed to psychology, aspirants with scores higher than yours 60-65.10 who couldn't get economics will also change to same psychology you changed to will be admitted before you. That's just the logic.

During coc, you just don't need to score pass the actual cut off of the course you're changing to, you need to have a very good mark to fetch you admission.

Coc is very dicy, in year 2015 I knew a lecturer's son who scored 71 He picked medicine initially , changed to veterinary medicine with initial cut off mark of 50 and didn't get admission because vet pegged their coc cut off at 72. It affects everyone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Sokat123: 8:56am On Jan 10, 2018
Yusuf54:
...have accepted admission and also gotten the admission letter also(direct entry)
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2018
babablogger:

No mind this one jare.

It's normal to see people like him every year, once they miss admission, they go about shouting how bad ui admission process is.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Stry4(f): 9:23am On Jan 10, 2018
Nltaliban:

No mind this one jare.

It's normal to see people like him every year, once they miss admission, they go about shouting how bad ui admission process is.
hahan....this too much nah...u'hv given an answer before...is nt fair nah...wat if he has been admitted?...it's really bad
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2018
Stry4:
hahan....this too much nah...u'hv given an answer before...is nt fair nah...wat if he has been admitted?...it's really bad
I know I'm a little bit harsh here, but it's bad to see people criticize the institution because of their own mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 9:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Sokat123:
...have accepted admission and also gotten the admission letter also(direct entry)
pls Does ur Jamb Admission Profile shows UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION or DIRECT ENTRY?

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.