Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,034 members, 7,828,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent (30096 Views)

Recovered N31.8 Billion Abacha Loot Was Spent On The Poor, Says FG / Reno Omokri Savagely Replies Follower Who Asked How He Funds His Travels / IMO State Government Replies Gov. Wike amid Controversial Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by jordyspices: 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2017
The SSG must have been watching professor johnbull
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by Harwoyeez(m): 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
Another supposed leader has gone mad again. Nonsensical nonsense
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by chilltoo(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
By the grace of God, when their tenure will run out in 2019, it shall be OVER and so they will be OUT

1 Like

Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by logica(m): 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
admax:
Yes. More or less from a SSG.
You'll be surprised.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by Codes151(m): 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
Please where is the pic with a dude sipping zobo with straw!!! That's my reaction Right now!
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by mekonglobal(m): 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
dotmarvel:
APC scammed us big time....I just dey wait to see wetn these political parties wan campaign with come 2019
U Are Still Waiting, There Will Be Nothing New Except The Normal Sharing Of Rice,beans Wt Few Naira Notes. My Broda, Believe U Me, Many Nigerians Will Blindly Still Vote 4 Apc Again, Dats D Stark Reality.

1 Like

Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by hulla12: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
izzou:
grin
Over and out
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sarrki,where art thou? Na your state be this oh
You mean Atiku? Saraki Is from kwara
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by mapet: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

The FOI Act isnt binding on state. It has been tested in law by lagos and one other state, State Assemblies had no input, that's why it could not be enforced at state level, till date, no state acknowledges it.
on topic, that weyrey secretary is mard

You've said everything bros..............

Meanwhile, I agree that the Sec is an idddddiiiooootttt!!!!!.............. but people seeking information should stop taking approach that will not work, stop fight a battle they have already lost. Quoting FOI to request for information from a state organ is tantamount to shouting at the deaf.

1 Like

Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by izzou(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
hulla12:

You mean Atiku? Saraki Is from kwara

I didn't mean the Senate president.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by Arielle: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
CHAI!!!!!!! Gaddem!!!! Is this how this 'leaders' regard us with barely veiled contempt? In sane countries that letter is political and social harakiri!
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian leaders are indeed a rare and special breed.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by fuckpro: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
ebuclassic18:
witchcraft of this century no longer fly with broom or change into bird's to fly at night rather they fly with private jets and occupy the political seats and you worship them.
... Yours was the only one worth answering... You are saying the truth only most would think you were making a joke
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by Youlinsovicom(m): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
This goes to show that 1: the freedom of information bill does not operate in all the 36 states of the federation.
2: that the elected are not accountable to the electorates in Nigeria.
3: that efcc would have been called to check d disbursment of such funds n its usage, if they were trustworthy.
4: that some of our leaders are very irresponsible n myopic.
5: that we must pray that God should redeem the hearts n minds of our leaders both societal n religious leaders.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by Youlinsovicom(m): 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
mapet:

Meanwhile, I agree that the Sec is an idddddiiiooootttt!!!!!.............. but people seeking information should stop taking approach that will not work, stop fight a battle they have already lost. Quoting FOI to request for information from a state organ is tantamount to shouting at the deaf.

bro are you saying that an act of the national assembly is not binding on states because state assemblies had no input. remember that there were town hall meetings across d country before the preparation of and passing into law of that bill. I NEED TO BE EDUCATED FURTHER ON THIS.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by OneManLegion(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
bioda:
I think some "Acts" could be domesticated. And this depends on the nature of the Act and its position in the Nigerian Constitution. A good example is the Child Rights Act, which the states are expected to formally adopt and adapt for domestication as state laws. Issues of child rights protection are on the residual list of the Nigerian Constitution, giving states exclusive responsibility and jurisdiction to make laws relevant to their specific situations...It is also likely that this FOI is on the residual list, because if i am not mistaken, Lagos house of Assembly had sometimes ago refused passing same....

I'm not aware of that. In fact, I seriously doubt that an act could ever be domesticated. What, to my knowledge, are ususally domesticated are articles of international organisations like UN, ECOWAS etc which a country has adopted and ratified.

If FOI falls under the residual legislative list(which it doesn't) then the National Assembly wouldn't have the power to legislate thereon.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by crownbryan(m): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
Well, i'm over and IN Nigeria.

Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by OlujobaSamuel: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
mapet:

exactly, those wicked idiots always find a loophole in the law not to do the right thing.
most times, the right is always legally wrong

1 Like

Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by FirstCounsel(m): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
Over and out? Bloody knaves!!!
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by freeze001(f): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
OneManLegion:
Very rude and ignorant thieves.

You don't domesticate an act. An act is binding on all arms and tiers of government.

You can compel them to release the required iformation by applying for an order of mandamus from the state high court.

Your assertion is wrong. You may need to educate yourself more on the Executive, Concurrent and Residual lists; what items are can be exclusively legislated upon by the NASS ie FG and those to be jointly legislated upon by the FG and States.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by OneManLegion(m): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
freeze001:

Your assertion is wrong. You may need to educate yourself more on the Executive, Concurrent and Residual lists; what items are can be exclusively legislated upon by the NASS ie FG and those to be jointly legislated upon by the FG and States.

I'm aware of those. What I'm not aware of is what significance those lists have to do with the issue at hand. It is my understanding that once something falls under the ambit of the National Assembly, either by falling under the Exclusive or Concurrent list, the legislation of the National Assembly would take precedence over and above any contrary legislation by a lower legislative body and such other legislation would be null and void to the extent of its inconsistency.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by freeze001(f): 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
OneManLegion:

I'm aware of those. What I'm not aware of is what significance those lists have to do with the issue at hand. It is my understanding that once something falls under the ambit of the National Assembly, either by falling under the Exclusive or Concurrent list, the legislation of the National Assembly would take precedence over and above any contrary legislation by a lower legislative body would be null and void to the extent of its inconsistency.

Once an item falls under the concurrent list, the NASS may legislate but it's not binding on states until they adopt same formally by the Houses of Assembly. It's the reason the ACJA is only binding on Federal courts and d FCT because legislation on crimes is shared jointly by the state and Federal government. Some applies to the Child's Rights Act(CRA) and the FOI.

The CRA is most pathetic because of the class of vulnerable persons involved ie children. That's why underage marriage has not been effectively criminalised in Nigeria as the Constitution, binding on all is silent on the age of maturity for marriage.

That's our idea of practising federalism but somehow, it's okay for the FG to collect revenue from some states and then share to all states as monthly revenue allocation. No independence appears necessary on the aspect of generation and deployment of revenue.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by OneManLegion(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
freeze001:

Once an item falls under the concurrent list, the NASS may legislate but it's not binding on states until they adopt same formally by the Houses of Assembly. It's the reason the ACJA is only binding on Federal courts and d FCT because legislation on crimes is shared jointly by the state and Federal government. Some applies to the Child's Rights Act(CRA) and the FOI.

The CRA is most pathetic because of the class of vulnerable persons involved ie children. That's why underage marriage has not been effectively criminalised.

That's our idea of practising federalism but somehow, it's okay for the FG to collect revenue from some states and then share to all states as monthly revenue allocation.

I see. Alright, then. I will check.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by OYAY(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
This letter from a secretary to state government is ridiculous!!! Over and out ! What a gutter and tout language.
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by mapet: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Youlinsovicom:

bro are you saying that an act of the national assembly is not binding on states because state assemblies had no input. remember that there were town hall meetings across d country before the preparation of and passing into law of that bill. I NEED TO BE EDUCATED FURTHER ON THIS.

My brother,

The unfortunate thing is that those that brought the law left that lacunae. The first state to point that out was Lagos state, when information was sought. The Lagos state government pointed out that the FOI is not binding on states. That is the position of the law (not that I like it).

My point is, those requesting information from State governments and parastatals quoting FOI are as ignorant and foolish as they come. Why quote a wrong premise/reference or law as basis of your demands?
Re: Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent by mapet: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

exactly, those wicked idiots always find a loophole in the law not to do the right thing.
most times, the right is always legally wrong

The wickedness started from those that worked on the law. They rushed out to published a law that was not well thought through and was not thorough in coverage. Truth is the FG will only release what they want released (law or no law), and the states are not bound by the law. The law is almost ineffective at this stage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Kidnappers Of Yahaya Bello's Mother Paraded (Photos) / LP Candidates Defeat PDP Reps Members In Enugu’s Seven Constituencies / Crowd At Buhari Supporters Rally In Abuja Attended By VP Osibanjo- VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.