Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals (37079 Views)

"Rema Is My Favourite" - Wizkid Reveals Amidst Hot Comparison With Rema / "We Signed The Biggest Deal In Africa" - Wizkid Reveals / Jim Iyke Slams Non-Fan Who Said 'Old Age Don Dey Come Close' (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by princechurchill(m): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
That faqq thinks he's god, no wonder Em gives him long distance, he ain't even a real niggar,whiz please save ur defense on him we gat your back
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Sezua(m): 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
paradigmshift:

talk to the hands bro
Swallow ur pride and learn
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
His cup of tea
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Kakamorufu(m): 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
high time wizkid move on to another artist That Won't be shunning him
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by oseiwe(m): 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
Amberon:
No need giving excuses for Drake. He's known for doing this. He did the same to Migos, Fetty WAP and another artist.

Its label business bro. Its serious biz over there, both labels couldnt agree terms.
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by quickly: 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
henrydadon:
he is just trying to cover for him to save face.

anyone who already watched the video will notice

how wizkid was looking like a fool doing the one

dance drake step when it got to drake part of the song..wizkid did not deserve that..

some of you are going to say wizkid doesn't need

drake that he can do it alone..but we all know this song would have been bigger if drake made an appearance in the video.international media house won't play this on public tv because it doesn't have a drake appearance in the video and they hardly know who wizkid is..this was a once in a life time opportunity for wizkid to go really big..this will only be played in africa.the only American tv that i feel this will be played on is BET tv because i know it a black channel
that support black artists.

we all know how big p square song..onyinye with rick ross got big after p square featured him and shot a

one of the nicest music video in the Nigerian

entertainment music industry.

some of you are making argue that wizkid did not make an appearance in one dance video..(which am yet to see by the way) wizkid verse on one dance was more like a back up..which is okay for him not to make an appearance..not to mention the face thaf he was bearly audible with his verse.

we are still yet to see a picture of drake and wizkid together..it like drake verse for this song was email to him.

Wizkid and justin skye are on MTV US and europe so thats a fallacy this song will hit airwaves regardless.

the way u analyse the boy bizness it obvious u dont think about ur own life.

is wizkid not ur mate?

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by paradigmshift(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
Sezua:

Swallow ur pride and learn

school yourself bro, you have nothing to offer .
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by cao(f): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
To be honest, I'm still looking for WizKid in the One Dance song itself...

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Sezua(m): 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
paradigmshift:

school yourself bro, you have nothing to offer .
We know your type
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
cao:
To be honest, I'm still looking for WizKid in the One Dance song itself...
Mean am still looking for the voice

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Tobium1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
Dumb kid, he thinks we are dumb like him. Why wuld he do a video shoot where he claims he featured a Canadian Rapgod such as Drake when he knows Drake was on tour, he either shld have done de video earlier or waited till wen Drake finishes his tour
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by hardeycute(m): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
j
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by MarkGeraldo(m): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
who noticed this, Wizkid is now an albinogrin
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by paradigmshift(m): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
Sezua:

We know your type

and you don't know yours...sorry
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by edoboi29(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2017
Read b4 comment, he has done to people he sees everyday, Artist who Stays next street to him
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Temysteve(m): 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
henrydadon:
dance drake step when it got to drake part of the song..wizkid did not deserve that..
drake that he can do it alone..but we all know this song would have been bigger if drake made an appearance in the video.international media house won't play this on public tv because it doesn't have a drake appearance in the video and they hardly know who wizkid is..this was a once in a life time opportunity for wizkid to go really big..this will only be played in africa.the only American tv that i feel this will be played on is BET tv because i know it a black channel
we all know how big p square song..onyinye with rick ross got big after p square featured him and shot one of the nicest music video in Nigeria entertainment music industry.
some of you are making arguement saying that wizkid did not make an appearance in one dance video..(which am yet to see by the way) wizkid verse on one dance was more like a back up..which is okay for him not to make an appearance..not to mention the fact that he was bearly audible with his verse.
we are still yet to see a picture of drake and wizkid together..it like drake verse for this song was email to him.
i see no reason why wizkid couldn't wait for drake to be done with his tour so they could shoot a proper video together..this is a hit track for chris sake..they just had to mess things up.
u may be right, byt there's possibility he has contact drake for the video shoot nd refuse to show up.
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Temysteve(m): 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
I dnt think he need to lobby before (drake) or any international artiste show in his video. Not everybody will be like davido who will dash out 100Million+ to 1 foolish nigga who won't promote his music. Wizkid is a big act already, it'll be difficult for @ least 60% of US citizen to deny who he is (even if dey don't listen to his music). Once you dash out a good tune nd well promoted you'll surely surpass those folks..
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Temysteve(m): 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
Tobium1:
Dumb kid, he thinks we are dumb like him. Why wuld he do a video shoot where he claims he featured a Canadian Rapgod such as Drake when he knows Drake was on tour, he either shld have done de video earlier or waited till wen Drake finishes his tour
just shhhhhh!
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by DCMIX(m): 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2017

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by OKorowanta: 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
henrydadon:

we all know how big p square song..onyinye with rick ross got big after p square featured him and shot one of the nicest music video in Nigeria entertainment music industry.

some of you are making arguement saying that wizkid did not make an appearance in one dance video..(which am yet to see by the way) wizkid verse on one dance was more like a back up..which is okay for him not to make an appearance..not to mention the fact that he was bearly audible with his verse.

i see no reason why wizkid couldn't wait for drake to be done with his tour so they could shoot a proper video together..this is a hit track for chris sake..they just had to mess things up.

Hater..fooled imsef ke?
Dat video is one of d cleanest to ever come from an home grown Nigerian artiste.
Just agree.
Yes he would av waited for d tour to be over but it's neva late.
They still can shoot drake's part and bring out re-edited version.
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by sirExPresiDent: 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lordave:
And some stupid people were already cursing Drake thinking he will give them attention.

Drake no be Olamide.
well said .bro Weldon sir

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by donnyflex01(m): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Toh as drakr no gree show.. should he hold off on the shoot? Abi y dnt know that these things are planned nii...u knw wetger his schedule eill give space for the shoot when d song din die finish? Abeg free wizzy
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Caseless: 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
henrydadon:

I see no reason why wizkid couldn't wait for drake to be done with his tour so they could shoot a proper video together..this is a hit track for chris sake..they just had to mess things up.

he could have as well tracked him to where he's touring, get him sing his line and demonstrate to the camera . This could be made part of the video.

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Caseless: 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
OKorowanta:

Hater..fooled imsef ke?
Dat video is one of d cleanest to ever come from an home grown Nigerian artiste.
Just agree.
Yes he would av waited for d tour to be over but it's neva late.
They still can shoot drake's part and bring out re-edited version.
just my thoughts. Afterall , skelewu had 2 videos.
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by hollowpot15684(m): 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Only few pple understands that this is just a business tactics been played between Starboy and Drake, and this is definitely what still keep him relevant in Nigeria music scene..

I sight the Work of a very good management , wizzy is still the only Nigerian artist who hit the international market and not loose its value... he is really treading softly
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by nastynic(m): 11:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
Am like 'ojere'.....
That's why I prefer OBO, Even tho both of them has become Wack As Bleep! I Prefer Calling The Weekend Star Boi Self... Wizkid We Understand, Go Nd High Rose Or Shag Funke.... U Will Future Wizzy Next Time Nd Shoot the Video In Ojuelegbagringringringringringrin
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by vevo1: 11:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Customer80: 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
hollowpot15684:
Only few pple understands that this is just a business tactics been played between Starboy and Drake, and this is definitely what still keep him relevant in Nigeria music scene..

I sight the Work of a very good management , wizzy is still the only Nigerian artist who hit the international market and not loose its value... he is really treading softly
which international market?
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Customer80: 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2017
Temysteve:
I dnt think he need to lobby before (drake) or any international artiste show in his video. Not everybody will be like davido who will dash out 100Million+ to 1 foolish nigga who won't promote his music. Wizkid is a big act already, it'll be difficult for @ least 60% of US citizen to deny who he is (even if dey don't listen to his music). Once you dash out a good tune nd well promoted you'll surely surpass those folks..
exaggeration! If the 60% of US citizens know him, why is not showing in his YouTube videos, none of his videos is up to 25million views. Don't think we're all kids here
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by MvrckKing(m): 11:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
henrydadon:

See as far Wizz ws this close to a major p wif Dis he will shock us all with another artiste on another track n video of which d artiste Wil appear in the video
By d way shey him Don do video of shabba d one way him feature Chris Brown, trey songz n French Montana
I Neva C am, na da one is dey wait for sef.
Starboy for life
Damn I love the way he portrayed African fashion

nothing
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Swizdoe(m): 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
It's high time wizkid hush up the silence about drake for real....

By the way hope wizzy has relocated to Jamaica or the Caribbean since he's dumped Afrobeats because of his new found international fame
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 08, 2017
WizKid u are a bloody liar , one dance has no official video . no wonder he deleted d tweet.

Zlatan Gifts His Girlfriend, Davita A Benz As She Turns A Year Older / B-Red Reacts To Father, Dr. Ademola Adeleke’s PDP Primary Election Victory / Don Jazzy: Why I Am Yet To Marry

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60