Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

"I Stand By My Words”, Gov Yari Insists Meningitis Outbreak Has Spiritual Undert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Stand By My Words”, Gov Yari Insists Meningitis Outbreak Has Spiritual Undert (698 Views)

Return One Illegal AK 47 Rifle, Collect N1m, Gov. Yari Assures / Minister Of Health Blames GEJ For Meningitis Outbreak / Meningitis: God’s Punishment For Fornication - Yari, Zamfara Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Stand By My Words”, Gov Yari Insists Meningitis Outbreak Has Spiritual Undert by Capableben(m): 5:04am On Apr 08, 2017
Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara state has said that he stands by his words on the outbreak of meningitis in he country.

Yari had said that is was responsible for the recent outbreak.

The governor was accused of not adequately planning for the outbreak even after series of warnings from the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) in Zamfara.

Zamfara is the worst hit in the outbreak as over 200 of the more than 336 deaths recorded are from the state.

While speaking at the Kaduna State Investment Summit on Wednesday, Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, said that the statement was “Islamically incorrect”.

“I stand by my words that if people do not change, God will not change for them. Therefore, I will answer the Emir perfectly and give him the Quran content of the Hadith where I belong to and where I have my fact.

For instance, I made mention that in the past we have Type A, which vaccines have been brought and they have vaccinated over four million doses in 2011.

We are now having Type B and Type C which they don’t even know. At the Centre for Disease Control in Chicago where we get our vaccines from, they only have five million,” he said.

Culled from:

www.ogabenji..com

Re: "I Stand By My Words”, Gov Yari Insists Meningitis Outbreak Has Spiritual Undert by Lifestone(m): 5:21am On Apr 08, 2017
He is sick

1 Like

Re: "I Stand By My Words”, Gov Yari Insists Meningitis Outbreak Has Spiritual Undert by Capableben(m): 6:20am On Apr 08, 2017
Lifestone:
He is sick
literally.... I wonder what would have happened if GEJ said same about Ebola grin

1 Like

Re: "I Stand By My Words”, Gov Yari Insists Meningitis Outbreak Has Spiritual Undert by Capableben(m): 6:21am On Apr 08, 2017
Lalasticlala, fresh food is here

1 Like

Re: "I Stand By My Words”, Gov Yari Insists Meningitis Outbreak Has Spiritual Undert by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 08, 2017
Northern Nigeria is still one place really.

I can now begin to get an accurate picture regarding the mentality of the people In Northern Nigeria if this is how the chief executive of that state reasons. In any individual or society, you can accurately gauge their level of informativeness and education by carefully analyzing what they ascribe to the divine.

So Mr. Governor said fornication is why people are dying with Meningitis -- hmm. But Meningitis is not even sexually transmitted so how did he make that quantum leap?

This governor man may be educated on paper but he's a stark illiterate. When you have an illiterate at the helm of affairs, this is the kind of crap that will always go down. They cannot look for answers in their immediate environment, they are quick to pass the blame to the divine.

I am happy to be a Southerner where scientific reasoning and logic is encouraged right from birth. I am happy to be born in a place where I am pushed on a daily basis to challenge the limits of my thinking and mind in order to make life better for myself and my people.

I curse Lugard the Satanist who made an unequal yoke for me and my people. I wish that he may never know peace for the crime of 1914.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious: Imagine ‘hurricane Abimbola’ Is Heading For Ekiti State In 3 Weeks / Reno Omokri Comes For Rotimi Amaechi / North Ready For Breakup, Nothing Wrong In Ndigbo Asking For A Country – Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.