Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others (19318 Views)

UK: Nigeria’s Anti-corruption Fights Frustrated By EFCC, Others / Elections: Atiku Slams N2bn Suit Against Buhari, Demands Apology / NASS Approves President Buhari's Demands On Electoral Act (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2017
AZeD1:

Bros, for a man that campaigned on anti corruption and drafted a budget to partly funded from recovered money, this is coming late. He should have been getting at the very least a weekly briefing.

So were did they get the figures used in the budget(the part to be funded by recovered monies)?

This is very accurate. Any President should be up to speed with latest data stream from every sector of the country, but I am shocked that the President is not aware every minute that recovery is made. This is shocking and confusing to know.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Are you speaking based on assumption or based on facts? If the former is the case, I rest my case but if the latter is the case, please name one president, just one anywhere in the world who automatically gets records or any records of other agencies in his/her head without the agencies themselves submitting those records to him/her.

In my early days, I was in charge of records, and I will not mention where. It is digital age and every data input goes to the server directly and the President can access these data and formulate policies to guide the country. This President does not even know how to work with basic electronic data interface, and I do not even know if many Nigerians understand that we fail because we have no knowledge of data science and the use of data for planning.

Now, let me say this; The chief policy thrust of this government has been Anti-corruption and Recovery of Stolen Asset. One would have thought that there is a data bank where every photograph of every recovered asset, every digit of every recovered funds are entered using a timeline, such that the President can sit down his command center, and query the database to have a panoramic view of the state of the Economy and welcome briefings after making personal studies of the data stream. You do not run a country like you are running a zoo and every Wednesday they sit down to discuss rubbish while the citizens are committing suicide. Why you are you supporting these ignorant people ? I hope you are not ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Sanchez01: 10:19am On Apr 08, 2017
Billyonaire:

You have no idea how naive you sound to my little nephew reading your post. He is laughing at you even though he is in the kindergarten. I have already expounded on data archiving and management in a post above to one of your lucid ignoramus, I wont repeat it cos its a waste of my knowledge and wisdom on those who prefer to have sex than study algebra. This is not in reference to your ignorance on the import of data management but totally because I cant seem understand how naive Nigerians are on such issues as Macro Economy.
So your KG nephew, supposedly less than five can read and comprehend perfectly? You sure are a very special kind of stùpid grin

Again, data management is not the responsibility of a President but bureaus and agencies in which the area is affected. Furthermore, NO PRESIDENT has such statistics and information offhand, let alone take that as his or her utmost task while in office.

Honestly, you tried to make sense. You tried a great deal, but you just ended up passing nothing.

Peek here: http://law.indiana.libguides.com/c.php?g=19797&p=112304

Above are the United States' Government Agencies responsible for collecting all forms of data and statistics. And if you insist on the job roles of a democratic president, then I'd sure ease your pain: http://www.presidencia.pt/?idc=1&idl=2

Government Statistics and Data
Major U.S. Governmental Statistical Agencies
Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) promotes a better understanding of the U.S. economy by providing the most timely, relevant, and accurate economic accounts data in an objective and cost-effective manner. The cornerstone of BEA’s statistics is the national income and product accounts (NIPAs), which feature the estimates of gross domestic product (GDP) and related measures.

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)

Access to statistics on several subjects including Crime and Victims, Criminal Offenders, and other special topics such as homicide trends, drugs and crime, reentry trends, and international statistics.

Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)

Principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. The BLS is an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data to the public, the U.S. Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business, and labor. Also serves as a statistical resource to the Department of Labor. BLS data must satisfy a number of criteria, including relevance to current social and economic issues, timeliness in reflecting today's rapidly changing economic conditions, accuracy and consistently high statistical quality, and impartiality in both subject matter and presentation.

Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS)

The Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) was born as a statistical agency in 1992. As a statistical agency, is policy-neutral-an objective broker for the facts; covers all of transportation; does independent data collection and analysis; has unique competencies in statistics, economics, information technology, geographic information systems, and transportation.

Census Bureau

Publishes more statistics than any other agency. Provides easy A-Z subject access. Also includes a section on state and county quick facts which provides statistical profiles of geographical areas. It also includes more than 60,000 bibliographic and textual products, historical information as well as the most recent Census data, increasing amounts of background information as well as tables that supplement published articles and studies. The Census Bureau also publishes subject censuses on agriculture, economics, trade, etc.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is one of the 13 major operating components of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), which is the principal agency in the United States government for protecting the health and safety of Americans and for providing essential human services, especially for those people who are least able to help themselves. Contains a seperate section on statistics and data which covers a comprehensive list of subjects.

CentStats

Provides detailed searching of demographic and economic information at the U.S. Census Bureau.

The Children’s Bureau—Data and Information Systems

The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is responsible for federal programs that promote the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals, and communities. The site provides includes access to child welfare statistics.

ChildStats.gov

Easy access to statistics and reports on children and families, including: population and family characteristics, economic security, health, behavior and social environment, and education. The Forum fosters coordination, collaboration, and integration of Federal efforts to collect and report data on conditions and trends for children and families.

Economic Research Service (ERS)

Main source of economic information and research from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. ERS’ program encompasses research, analyses of food and commodity markets, policy studies, and development of economic and statistical indicators. The information and analyses are produced for the private sector and to help the executive and legislative branches of the Federal Government develop, administer, and evaluate farm, food, rural, and resource policies and programs.

Economic Statistics Briefing Room (ESBR)

Provides easy access to current Federal economic indicators. Also provides links to information produced by a number of Federal agencies. All of the information included in the Economic Statistics Briefing Room is maintained and updated by the statistical units of those agencies. All the estimates for the indicators presented in the Federal Statistics Briefing Rooms are the most currently available values. The site includes statistical information on employment, income, international transactions, money, transportation, production, output, and prices.

Energy Information Administration (EIA)

The Energy Information Administration (EIA), created by Congress in 1977, is a statistical agency of the U.S. Department of Energy. Provides policy-independent data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment.

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

While there is not a specifc section on statistics this agency website contains valuable data on numerous environmental topics. Use the search function to locate items on specific subjects.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Provides comprehensive data on national security issues and concerns. Also provides links to FBI reports and publications.

Federal Election Commission (FEC)

In 1975, Congress created the Federal Election Commission (FEC) to administer and enforce the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA)—the statute that governs the financing of federal elections. The duties of the FEC, which is an independent regulatory agency, are to disclose campaign finance information, to enforce the provisions of the law such as the limits and prohibitions on contributions, and to oversee the public funding of Presidential elections.

Federal Reserve System (the Fed) Online

As the central bank of the United States the Fed provides reliable resources on a variety of economic topics. Particularly valuable are the links to the Fed in Print and the financial and regulatory reports.

Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Statistical Database

FAOSTAT is an on-line and multilingual database currently containing over 3 million time-series records covering international statistics in the following areas: production, trade, food balance sheets, producer prices, forestry trade flow, land use and irrigation, forest products, fishery products, population, food quality control, fertilizer and pesticides, agricultural machinery, food aid shipments, and exports by destination.

Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS)

The Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) works to improve foreign market access for U.S. products, build new markets, improve the competitive position of U.S. agriculture in the global marketplace, and provide food aid and technical assistance to foreign countries.

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Use Tax Stats link to find comprehensive statistical data.

Internal Revenue Services Statistics of Income

Provides a wide range of tables, articles, and data that describe and measure elements of the U.S. tax system.

National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS)

NASS publications cover a wide range of subjects, from traditional crops, such as corn and wheat, to specialties, such as mushrooms and flowers; from calves born to hogs slaughtered; from agricultural prices to land in farms. The abundance of information produced has earned for NASS employees the title, “The Fact Finders of Agriculture.”

National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)

NCES is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that are related to education in the United State and other nations. This is an excellent resource for detailed information on schools, colleges (both public and private), and libraries.

National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)

The mission of the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) is to provide statistical information that will guide actions and policies to improve the health of the American people. As the Nation’s principal health statistics agency, NCHS leads the way with accurate, relevant, and timely data.

National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information

National Criminal Justice Reference Service

Provides access to statistical information on a variety of topics including homicide, gun violence, law enforcement, and juvenile justice.

National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is the federal agency responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related injury and illness. NIOSH is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the Department of Health and Human Services.

Occupational Safety and Health Admin. (OSHA)

Use Statistics link to access comprehensive statistical data.

Poverty Guidelines, Research, and Measurement

Resources for poverty data.
http://law.indiana.libguides.com/c.php?g=19797&p=112304

Please take a compulsory leave off the forum and study the differences between job roles of an executive president and that of agencies. You sound too unintelligent. I'm talking agencies, he is mentioning macro economy. You should have mentioned Oil and Gas. Olodo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Sanchez01: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2017
Billyonaire:

In my early days, I was in charge of records, and I will not mention where. It is digital age and every data input goes to the server directly and the President can access these data and formulate policies to guide the country. This President does not even know how to work with basic electronic data interface, and I do not even know if many Nigerians understand that we fail because we have no knowledge of data science and the use of data for planning.

Now, let me say this; The chief policy thrust of this government has been Anti-corruption and Recovery of Stolen Asset. One would have thought that there is a data bank where every photograph of every recovered asset, every digit of every recovered funds are entered using a timeline, such that the President can sit down his command center, and query the database to have a panoramic view of the state of the Economy and welcome briefings after making personal studies of the data stream. You do not run a country like you are running a zoo and every Wednesday they sit down to discuss rubbish while the citizens are committing suicide. Why you are you supporting these ignorant people ? I hope you are not ignorant.
Here we go again... The emboldened gives you away. We assume that is the way it should work but that isn't how it works in reality. If every statistics go directly to the president’s table through the government's server, then there would not be need for bureaus and agencies, particularly when it involves data management and archiving.

Data, information and statistics are only made available to the President when he requests them. While agencies and bureaus work for the purpose of information availability for their country, it is never the function of a president to keep them except when there is a need to fall back on them for references.

Your second paragraph is very laughable. It seems you have been shaped and tuned by fiction that you cannot tell reality for dreams. Even the United States, as advanced as we claim she is, often find reasons to release data to the public via her bureaus.

And let me put it straight that most data are primarily hard copies before being translated into soft/programming copies, and the latter are not fully released to the public, depending on the sensitivity of the information contained therein.

The more you try, the more I believe your ideas are shared by thrillers and sci-fis. Advanced countries such as China, United States, the UK would need only data collectors if we are to take your theoretical assertion seriously.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by LionDeLeo: 10:32am On Apr 08, 2017
Billyonaire:

If discussing my views qualify me for the description "ignorant", then I am. The real time technology you just described above are of more applications when relating with experts. The president is not an expert, and he knows nothing apart from political willingness or lack it to execute any policy/programme. Where he needs to, he gets the experts involved to achieve his objectives. You don't expect the president to keep monitoring all agencies every time. What is the need of appointing heads of agencies then?
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 08, 2017
Sanchez01:

So your KG nephew, supposedly less than five can read and comprehend perfectly? You sure are a very special kind of stùpid grin

Again, data management is not the responsibility of a President but bureaus and agencies in which the area is affected. Furthermore, NO PRESIDENT has such statistics and information offhand, let alone take that as his or her utmost task while in office.

Honestly, you tried to make sense. You tried a great deal, but you just ended up passing nothing.

Peek here: http://law.indiana.libguides.com/c.php?g=19797&p=112304

Above are the United States' Government Agencies responsible for collecting all forms of data and statistics. And if you insist on the job roles of a democratic president, then I'd sure ease your pain: http://www.presidencia.pt/?idc=1&idl=2

http://law.indiana.libguides.com/c.php?g=19797&p=112304

Please take a compulsory leave off the forum and study the differences between job roles of an executive president and that of agencies. You sound too unintelligent. I'm talking agencies, he is mentioning macro economy. You should have mentioned Oil and Gas. Olodo.

Stop laboring this forum with your google search results, I write you with a brain equipped with first hand knowledge, here you are going to google to find a back up information and yet you failed. There is no point arguing if you are ignorant at the minute to the point that you go searching.

When I write, you should know that I write what I know and do. I am not here to educate you, cos you are a lost case, I write almost always, to educate those who will stumble on my posts now or whenever so they can understand that not all Nigerians are mediocre. I am a records person and network servers and develop turnkey systems among other Electronic Data Interchanges that power major corporations, I am a polymath so read and learn from those wey sabi, and stop insulting someone that you may not even qualify to buckle his sandals.

I must repeat succinctly that Buhari is too unlettered to run a 21st century country, and I feel personally insulted to know that my President, our President is demanding to know how much was recovered till date by now.

I can develop a system of wide area network of access controls that manages data streams in nanoseconds and the Presidency can see events as they are keyed in. This is the chief reason that the young generations must take charge of the economy and kick out you old fools that think we are still in the 'guess' generation.

Every State Government, Federal Government and all parastatals should have a database of information especially statistics on finances. I particularly applauded the Anambra State government in revolutionizing local revenue collection and easing how business is done my government, and I hope the Federal government and indeed the President can stop being stupid and set up command centers to capture, manage and extrapolate data based on policy inputs.

I can not even talk to some one like you. Cos you are too ignorant to even work as my secretary. As I am sitting down in my home this morning, I could review all data of the week's businesses from my central server which I personally networked using wireless Area Network and all paper documents are scanned and uploaded using clients computers from my different business units, so it is based on this that I plan and execute future projects.

Dont blame others for your poverty, you need specialized knowledge to succeed in life and I laugh loudly at you people. That is why you go to club and waste your little millions cos you think you have money, if you have input data on the server and manage your wealth with record and pictograms then you will answer to yourself before spending your money.

That is the same thing happening to Nigeria, without record, it looks like it is free money and the looting continues, just like you spending in the clubs.

Useless mor0ns everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 08, 2017
Sanchez01:
I sincerely hope this is not a media distraction from the truth. If it is not, I think it is high time we made use of these proceeds in the best possible way.
which truth?
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

If discussing my views qualify me for the description "ignorant", then I am. The real time technology you just described above are of more applications when relating with experts. The president is not an expert, and he knows nothing apart from political willingness or lack it to execute any policy/programme. Where he needs to, he gets the experts involved to achieve his objectives. You don't expect the president to keep monitoring all agencies every time. What is the need of appointing heads of agencies then?

What makes someone an expert is study and research, right ? Is our President too sick, old or naive to study ? if so, let him fucckign resign, this is my country and no one man has the right to mess it up for all of us. If you like, worship him for a spoon of rice. I feel ashamed of many of you. It is either you guys are ignorant of this nonsense going on, or you are just too colorated in tribal, religious or whatever sentiments.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2017
we miss u

Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Saxifrage12(m): 11:23am On Apr 08, 2017
nice development
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Nwachineke1980: 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
How can Buhari rid corruption from Nigeria,when Buhari is corruption himself?Here is a man who promised to declare his assets,follow the example of UK prime minister by making use of commercial airlines,scrap the office of the 1st lady,make sure all his ministers declare there assets,stop medical tourism by government officials,punish those who were responsible for budget padding etc.if you still believe that Buhari is fighting corruption then u must b smoking a long thing.
abescom:
This is very good development. It shows Buhari is a man with good intentions and not just all talks.

Contrary to what many believe, Buhari despite the many frustrations from the two law making chambers, is doing his best to rid this country of wicked corruption.

We many not feel his impact now sadly because of the amount of decay but subsequent governments after him will have all the ground work for a better Nigeria already laid for them.

I sincerely believe Buhari won't be able to rid Nigeria of total corruption but will do a near perfect job that will be a string board to a better Nigeria.

He is not perfect and can't ever be but way better than le shoeless el retardeen, miles better.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Chivasex: 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2017
NA TODAY DAY BREAK
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
Billyonaire:

[quote author=Billyonaire post=55375549]

I don't know who you are but I promise you I will find you and I will be you mentee grin

You reasoning is way above the board. People like you should be running this country
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Dareomo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
So as to know on what it would be expended. After telling the PMB, then Saraki and his Legisl.....can now ask him but not before the one who gave him the assignment to avoid compromise..
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Awoo88: 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
The forces against Magu is beyond the Senate. He has being seizing stuff. He should account for them.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by Merceline(f): 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
hmmm I don't want to believe that since we started fighting corruption in 2015 that Baba is just requesting for the record of recovered funds.
that means no money was recovered in the first place. if they actually recovered anything Baba would not have waited this long to pounce on it for " national development " or did he leave it all along for it to be re-looted by the saints working with him and just now playing to the gallery?
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by estine17: 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2017
It is a very good development. Anti Graft Agencies should be made to update the Government periodically, like quarterly the proceeds of illegal monies and properties recovered from individuals. To enhance accountability such declarations should as be audited by an independent auditors appointed by the government.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by sshalom(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
In corporate settings, the request of the President will be complied with within 24 hours. Record keeping, transparency and effectiveness are lacking in conduct of government affairs.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by ivandragon: 7:14am On Apr 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

Stop laboring this forum with your google search results, I write you with a brain equipped with first hand knowledge, here you are going to google to find a back up information and yet you failed. There is no point arguing if you are ignorant at the minute to the point that you go searching.

When I write, you should know that I write what I know and do. I am not here to educate you, cos you are a lost case, I write almost always, to educate those who will stumble on my posts now or whenever so they can understand that not all Nigerians are mediocre. I am a records person and network servers and develop turnkey systems among other Electronic Data Interchanges that power major corporations, I am a polymath so read and learn from those wey sabi, and stop insulting someone that you may not even qualify to buckle his sandals.

I must repeat succinctly that Buhari is too unlettered to run a 21st century country, and I feel personally insulted to know that my President, our President is demanding to know how much was recovered till date by now.

I can develop a system of wide area network of access controls that manages data streams in nanoseconds and the Presidency can see events as they are keyed in. This is the chief reason that the young generations must take charge of the economy and kick out you old fools that think we are still in the 'guess' generation.

Every State Government, Federal Government and all parastatals should have a database of information especially statistics on finances. I particularly applauded the Anambra State government in revolutionizing local revenue collection and easing how business is done my government, and I hope the Federal government and indeed the President can stop being stupid and set up command centers to capture, manage and extrapolate data based on policy inputs.

I can not even talk to some one like you. Cos you are too ignorant to even work as my secretary. As I am sitting down in my home this morning, I could review all data of the week's businesses from my central server which I personally networked using wireless Area Network and all paper documents are scanned and uploaded using clients computers from my different business units, so it is based on this that I plan and execute future projects.

Dont blame others for your poverty, you need specialized knowledge to succeed in life and I laugh loudly at you people. That is why you go to club and waste your little millions cos you think you have money, if you have input data on the server and manage your wealth with record and pictograms then you will answer to yourself before spending your money.

That is the same thing happening to Nigeria, without record, it looks like it is free money and the looting continues, just like you spending in the clubs.

when even the Head of the Agency doesn't know how much has been recovered.

PMB is too archaic to run this country & he is leading us back to the stone ages.

for a president who ran on the back of fighting corruption, he should have weekly updates on convictions, arrests, amounts recovered etc.

same goes for security issues & employment updates since they formed the fulcrum of his campaign promises.
Re: Buhari Demands Details Of Monetary, Asset Recoveries From EFCC, Others by lookyzy: 5:16am On Sep 23, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Udoma Bob Ekarika Joins PDP In Akwa Ibom, To Expose APC Secrets / Olubisi Osinbajo: Those Saying Buhari Hasn't Done Anything Live In Another World / Fashola Presents Staff Of Office To New Ayangburen Of Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.